Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Ladykiller

5,900 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
i cut myself for almost ten years.

i am two years clean.

you absolutely have my full support in this.
x-blue-lace

i am two years clean.

That's amazing!!! two years!??!

I'm so sorry that you had to deal with it though, but I'm so glad you've made it two years!! Hopefully one day I will be where you are smile

Lavish Ladykiller

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Nicely made thread <3

The butterfly project sounds beautiful, kind of makes me want to get a butterfly tattoo.

I've never self harmed, I really don't understand why people do it instead of something else, But I suppose you don't really think about these things.

Liberal Ladykiller

5,900 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Mega Lya
x-blue-lace

i am two years clean.

That's amazing!!! two years!??!

I'm so sorry that you had to deal with it though, but I'm so glad you've made it two years!! Hopefully one day I will be where you are smile

i have faith that you will be. i believe in you.
Santo Bane
Nicely made thread <3

The butterfly project sounds beautiful, kind of makes me want to get a butterfly tattoo.

I've never self harmed, I really don't understand why people do it instead of something else, But I suppose you don't really think about these things.
If you have questions about self harm that would help you understand better of why people struggle, I would be glad to help, and I am sure other people here would too smile

Hellraiser

Mega Lya
100% agree.
When I was younger my parents forced me into counseling and I reluctantly went until I told my counselor I hated her and I wasn't coming back. You have to truly be ready for it and if you're not ready, it does no good.

I regret starting too--but what can you do? You can only move foreword. It's something you decided to try and there's no shame in that. Now you just have to work on finding better skills. And yes, that you did it to begin with is a step, doing it at all is a step--but that you're still not far into it is a big plus, I believe, and it may be easier to find different coping mechanisms since you haven't used this one for a long time.

Yeah, that sucks and I think it's something that parents can't wrap their heads around.

The damage is done, can't regret it, you can look at the situation and think "Getting through this has helped me move on and learn to cope" I won't regret my scars but I will hide them for the most part. It's none of anyone's concern but my own. I'll be open about it when I'm ready.
Even if it's a step backwards, it still counts. It's a long process and I agree with what you're saying.
Learning new skills and learning to cope better will come easier.
But not a day goes by when I breakdown and think, "I just want to, just to get my mind off everything."

Shameless Gawker

I've been self harming since I was 4. Made a suicide attempt when I was 11. Another when I was 12. Though I'd *mumbles*

The ******** am I saying this for? User Image
ectogasm
Mega Lya
100% agree.
When I was younger my parents forced me into counseling and I reluctantly went until I told my counselor I hated her and I wasn't coming back. You have to truly be ready for it and if you're not ready, it does no good.

I regret starting too--but what can you do? You can only move foreword. It's something you decided to try and there's no shame in that. Now you just have to work on finding better skills. And yes, that you did it to begin with is a step, doing it at all is a step--but that you're still not far into it is a big plus, I believe, and it may be easier to find different coping mechanisms since you haven't used this one for a long time.

Yeah, that sucks and I think it's something that parents can't wrap their heads around.

The damage is done, can't regret it, you can look at the situation and think "Getting through this has helped me move on and learn to cope" I won't regret my scars but I will hide them for the most part. It's none of anyone's concern but my own. I'll be open about it when I'm ready.
Even if it's a step backwards, it still counts. It's a long process and I agree with what you're saying.
But not a day goes by when I breakdown and think, "I just want to, just to get my mind off everything."
Yeah. I think it's hard for most people who don't deal with this issue to understand..

Yeah, scars remind you of everything you've gone through. Definitely, when you're ready you'll be able to get help either with a counselor or other ways. You just do what is best for you, ok? If you ever need to get your mind off of things, you know you have me if you're comfortable with it, as well as the hotlines and chats I put on the front. I recommend YLYV and the Hopeline. smile
Buttery Biscuit Face
I've been self harming since I was 4. Made a suicide attempt when I was 11. Another when I was 12. Though I'd *mumbles*

The ******** am I saying this for? User Image
Wow. I am so, so sorry you have gone through that for so long, especially at so long. I can't even imagine what you must have gone through to feel so bad at such a young age. <3

Hellraiser

Mega Lya
ectogasm
Mega Lya
100% agree.

Yeah. I think it's hard for most people who don't deal with this issue to understand..

Yeah, scars remind you of everything you've gone through. Definitely, when you're ready you'll be able to get help either with a counselor or other ways. You just do what is best for you, ok? If you ever need to get your mind off of things, you know you have me if you're comfortable with it, as well as the hotlines and chats I put on the front. I recommend YLYV and the Hopeline. smile

Or any other issue such as depression and being suicidal, it hurts when people shrug it off as nothing.

It can make you stronger, I know it made me stronger because I thought I would never get past it but it's a constant battle in my head.
I've gotten this far on my own but it's getting to the point where I need all the help I can get c:
I've never reached out to those kinds of things and it'd be very different.
ectogasm
Mega Lya
ectogasm
Mega Lya
100% agree.

Or any other issue such as depression and being suicidal, it hurts when people shrug it off as nothing.

It can make you stronger, I know it made me stronger because I thought I would never get past it but it's a constant battle in my head.
I've gotten this far on my own but it's getting to the point where I need all the help I can get c:
Exactly.

It's definitely made me stronger, and probably definitely more understanding.
I reached out to someone back in maybe october, and it was super, super weird. They had to reassure me and we took it slow. Chatting also works, so you don't have to hear them and you have time to think out your thoughts smile
TheValenDreth
Mega Lya
If you do end up self-harming, that means you've killed the butterfly. But, you can always start again and redraw the butterfly and name it the same as you did before or something else.

Then what's the f*cking point? That's like a game which was made so the player has no way to lose. Might as well draw the butterfly already cut in half.

i personally (as a semi former) cutter i think this is a good way. the point is that you cant hurt something beautiful or something tht u love.

Hellraiser

Mega Lya
ectogasm
Mega Lya
ectogasm
Mega Lya
100% agree.

Exactly.

It's definitely made me stronger, and probably definitely more understanding.
I reached out to someone back in maybe october, and it was super, super weird. They had to reassure me and we took it slow. Chatting also works, so you don't have to hear them and you have time to think out your thoughts smile

Oh for sure, and before self harm I didn't understand, thought negatively of people who did it but that was wrong because now I'm going through it and I have a better grasp on the subject. The majority of my thoughts were mostly concerned with the pain level of it.
How long have you been dealing with this kind of stuff?
ectogasm

Oh for sure, and before self harm I didn't understand, thought negatively of people who did it but that was wrong because now I'm going through it and I have a better grasp on the subject. The majority of my thoughts were mostly concerned with the pain level of it.
I had the same exact view. I thought they could "just stop." how very wrong I was.

I have been dealing with it for about two years now. My first time doing it was September of *thinks* 2010. But I really started doing it more often in January of 2011.

Hellraiser

Mega Lya
ectogasm

I had the same exact view. I thought they could "just stop." how very wrong I was.

I have been dealing with it for about two years now. My first time doing it was September of *thinks* 2010. But I really started doing it more often in January of 2011.

Can't know until you deal with it.
How naive I was :c

Oh wow, and I thought 6 months was a long time.
half a year
Although, I had the thought in the back of my head to do it when I was younger.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff