Welcome to Gaia! ::

And! Open! smile

This is a wonderful thread. as an ex-harmer i fully fledge my support smile

Hellraiser

I thought there was another thread like this?

ectogasm

There may well be, I've not seen one before though

6,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Yay, I love this thread! ^_^ As a self harmer of 3-4 years, I totally love that people are more comfortable talking about it in some situations. By the way, there's a massive list of distractions which I find really useful here so maybe you could link to it in the distractions post? :3

Hellraiser

K-Nesss
ectogasm

There may well be, I've not seen one before though

I'm sure it's floating around.
ectogasm

There used to be a thread in here but I believe it's died out. I also got tired of waiting for this thread that was in the testing forum to move so there is also one in the extended discussion that I created after waiting impatiently for an afternoon XD So yeah, you might have seen one.
Incinerated Innocence
Yay, I love this thread! ^_^ As a self harmer of 3-4 years, I totally love that people are more comfortable talking about it in some situations. By the way, there's a massive list of distractions which I find really useful here so maybe you could link to it in the distractions post? :3
Yeah, I will go ahead and link that one also! That one seems very helpful ^_^

I think the more "known" self harm becomes, the easier it will be for people to receive help. It's nothing to be ashamed about. We all struggle with things 3nodding

Hellraiser

Mega Lya
ectogasm

There used to be a thread in here but I believe it's died out. I also got tired of waiting for this thread that was in the testing forum to move so there is also one in the extended discussion that I created after waiting impatiently for an afternoon XD So yeah, you might have seen one.

Yeah, I would have noticed it.
I might contribute to this thread since I'm still struggling with this.
ectogasm
Mega Lya
ectogasm

Yeah, I would have noticed it.
I might contribute to this thread since I'm still struggling with this.
I'm sorry you struggle with it also. How long have you dealt with it, if I may ask?
Mega Lya
If you do end up self-harming, that means you've killed the butterfly. But, you can always start again and redraw the butterfly and name it the same as you did before or something else.

Then what's the f*cking point? That's like a game which was made so the player has no way to lose. Might as well draw the butterfly already cut in half.

6,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Mega Lya
Incinerated Innocence

I think the more "known" self harm becomes, the easier it will be for people to receive help. It's nothing to be ashamed about. We all struggle with things 3nodding

Yay! Glad I could help :3

I completely agree. There shouldn't be a stigma around it, it's a symptom. That's like people judging those who cough because they have the flu - it's pointless, stupid, and won't get you anywhere.
TheValenDreth
Mega Lya
If you do end up self-harming, that means you've killed the butterfly. But, you can always start again and redraw the butterfly and name it the same as you did before or something else.

Then what's the f*cking point? That's like a game which was made so the player has no way to lose. Might as well draw the butterfly already cut in half.
The point of the butterfly project is defeating self-harm. You are not supposed to self harm, but winning or losing is not the theme of the game. The theme of the game is to not self-harm, and for many, the butterfly project helps them stop.
Incinerated Innocence
Mega Lya
Incinerated Innocence

Yay! Glad I could help :3

I completely agree. There shouldn't be a stigma around it, it's a symptom. That's like people judging those who cough because they have the flu - it's pointless, stupid, and won't get you anywhere.
Exactly!! The self-harm isn't the real problem--it's what's causing us to self-harm that is what we have to work on. People think self-harm is easy to stop. I used to believe the same thing. I didn't understand why people would do it, until I struggled myself, and now it completely makes sense, unfortunately. It's how people cope.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff