Welcome to Gaia! ::

I like the Japanese fashion. I'm not one to be into fashion. When I dress I just try to dress comfy, Jeans, Tee-shirts, and tennis shoes. ^-^ yeah I'm lame like that but whatever.
Gawd, this topic is so overdone.
You get a bunch of weeaboos saying how much they love lolita and VK, wow, how cool! Because everyone in Japan wears that type of clothing.

Kawaii Girl

-okonomiyaki o konomu-
Amai Shiroichi
Like, American fashion all looks the same, but in Japan, don't they try to be original with what they wear?;

Not necessarily. My experience with fashion in Japan is that name-brand is very important (this extends beyond fashion as well). It's not uncommon at all for someone to have no problem dropping loads of money for something just because it has the Burberry logo on it (Burberry is quite popular). Most young Japanese people I saw dressed pretty similarly, albeit better/dressier/different than you normally see in America.

Certainly Gothic Lolita and Harajuku fashions are very original and crazy, but they're also not mainstream. I can't say I ever saw anyone dressed in Lolita while I was there (I was in Kobe for nine months), though my friend and I did stumble in on a store that sold that type of fashion.
You speak truth.
A lot of people seem to think that Lolita and Decora and Visual Kei and all the rest are popular in Japan. But they aren't, really. :

Kawaii Girl

Mirry
You get a bunch of weeaboos saying how much they love lolita and VK, wow, how cool! Because everyone in Japan wears that type of clothing.
You know, if you're just going to post to complain about a topic, you shouldn't. All you do is bump it. Which keeps it around longer. Which is the opposite of what you want.
And while I did find myself looking at one person in here and thinking "weabooweabooweaboo", just becuase someone likes Japanese fashion doesn't really mean they're a weaboo.
Candied Rose
Mirry
You know, if you're just going to post to complain about a topic, you shouldn't. All you do is bump it. Which keeps it around longer. Which is the opposite of what you want.
And while I did find myself looking at one person in here and thinking "weabooweabooweaboo", just becuase someone likes Japanese fashion doesn't really mean they're a weaboo.
Oh, excuse me. I wasn't aware I couldn't express my opinion.

Kawaii Girl

Mirry
Candied Rose
Mirry
Oh, excuse me. I wasn't aware I couldn't express my opinion.
Never said you couldn't. Just looks like it isn't helping you in any way. :3
I think Japanese fashion is colorful and creative!
I love to collect those Tokidoki from LeSportsac and Harajuku Lovers from Gwen Stefani's clothing line.I love to collect their handbags too.
I also buy those Neko Hello Kitty jumpers and t-shirts and necklaces and those high waisted skinny jeans.People consider me as a rainbow dressed ''Emo'' but I don't care.
Is there any other Japanese clothing lines that they sell in California and that is targeted towards teens?Other than Hot Topic,I am a regular customer there.
But anyways,I wished I had REAL Japanese clothes,like those that you see in Tokyo.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff