Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I am black and my boyfriend is white. We are breaking up though because I feel like he fetishizes me and I've gotten sick of it. I just found out that he wants to be with a black girl, which I don't like. In my experience nonblack guys, and especially white guys, who specifically want black girls tend to put them in stereotypical boxes. Shesh. I read comments on interracial websites and they're so bad.

I prefer to be with a guy who doesn't have a strong racial preference (though that doesn't mean that he doesn't have preferences and that also doesn't mean that he finds every woman beautiful), and I certainly don't want to be with a guy who wants to date a stereotype.

Please bump my thread if my tank is glowing! Direct tank link. Thanks!
Omorose Panya
I am black and my boyfriend is white. We are breaking up though because I feel like he fetishizes me and I've gotten sick of it. I just found out that he wants to be with a black girl, which I don't like. In my experience nonblack guys, and especially white guys, who specifically want black girls tend to put them in stereotypical boxes. Shesh. I read comments on interracial websites and they're so bad.

I prefer to be with a guy who doesn't have a strong racial preference (though that doesn't mean that he doesn't have preferences and that also doesn't mean that he finds every woman beautiful), and I certainly don't want to be with a guy who wants to date a stereotype.

i am white and i am dating a beautiful black woman. now while i don't like to "discriminate" i find myself most atracted to/prefering black women. but not because of a steriotype like your ex is wanting. so i understand where you coming from in this.
Metheshrew
Dan Dansen II
Metheshrew
Dan Dansen II
Metheshrew
Dan Dansen II
;w; So tired of the racism, yet the Mexican side of my BF's family meets the stereotypes like, almost as living caricatures. It's so embarrassing and he feels so out of place there.

Aw, that sucks. What kind of stereotypes?
Well all stereotypes are pretty much bigoted, untrue, and in this case, racist, but it's pretty much the irresponsible, materialistic, in trouble with the law, dodging responsibility, swindling stereotypes. The really ugly ones, but then absolving it by like, being pretty or some s**t. Don't even ask me-- I'm not a racist so I don't get the logic.

True. Stereotypes are no fun. How do you guys handle it? I, personally, have to walk away before I do something I regret.
He brushes it off and keeps me calm. xp heart

Awww...that's so sweet! ^^ I wish my boyfriend was here to keep me calm when someone pulls some crap like that. heart

no offence, but i would probobly loose it faster than you, lol. i can't stand that stuff (s**t).

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Baka_Samurai
Omorose Panya

i am white and i am dating a beautiful black woman. now while i don't like to "discriminate" i find myself most atracted to/prefering black women. but not because of a steriotype like your ex is wanting. so i understand where you coming from in this.
Well that is more acceptable. I'm glad you're not an a** (from what it sounds like, at least).

3nodding

Baka_Samurai
Metheshrew
Dan Dansen II
Metheshrew
Dan Dansen II
Well all stereotypes are pretty much bigoted, untrue, and in this case, racist, but it's pretty much the irresponsible, materialistic, in trouble with the law, dodging responsibility, swindling stereotypes. The really ugly ones, but then absolving it by like, being pretty or some s**t. Don't even ask me-- I'm not a racist so I don't get the logic.

True. Stereotypes are no fun. How do you guys handle it? I, personally, have to walk away before I do something I regret.
He brushes it off and keeps me calm. xp heart

Awww...that's so sweet! ^^ I wish my boyfriend was here to keep me calm when someone pulls some crap like that. heart

no offence, but i would probobly loose it faster than you, lol. i can't stand that stuff (s**t).

Haha, then I guess we have to calm each other down. ^^
Omorose Panya
Baka_Samurai
Omorose Panya

Well that is more acceptable. I'm glad you're not an a** (from what it sounds like, at least).

3nodding

no, i mean i'm not choosing to be like this, to like black women. thats jsut...how i am.

4,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Omorose Panya

It sucks that you're breaking up, but it's good that you are because it's clear that he obviously doesn't respect you as an individual. This is when you should tell him stop watching so much BET and get a grip, LOL. And for some strange reason, guys like that seem to think their kind of stereotyping is somehow a compliment...face-palm. talk2hand

My significant other is Mexican, has long hair and is in a metal band.
SteamCountess44
Omorose Panya

It sucks that you're breaking up, but it's good that you are because it's clear that he obviously doesn't respect you as an individual. This is when you should tell him stop watching so much BET and get a grip, LOL. And for some strange reason, guys like that seem to think their kind of stereotyping is somehow a compliment...face-palm. talk2hand

one of my bosses is puerto rican and is a huge metal head. super cool guy.

4,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Baka_Samurai
SteamCountess44
Omorose Panya

I've been a metal head pretty much all my life, thanks to my uncle, LOL. It's funny because my hair is really short (i.e. Sinead O'Connor short) and the significant other's is so long that he can practically sit on it, LOL. Women are always coming up to him and wanting to play with his hair. I don't mind, and actually all the attention he gets just proves I picked a hot guy, LOL!
SteamCountess44
Baka_Samurai
SteamCountess44
Omorose Panya

I've been a metal head pretty much all my life, thanks to my uncle, LOL. It's funny because my hair is really short (i.e. Sinead O'Connor short) and the significant other's is so long that he can practically sit on it, LOL. Women are always coming up to him and wanting to play with his hair. I don't mind, and actually all the attention he gets just proves I picked a hot guy, LOL!

lol, good job!
In the chat box in a game I was playing, someone once told me that they "banged their first black chick" several days prior. I found this odd because if anything there's quite a bit of feminist hubbub about black females being portrayed as unattractive/the least desirable.

As for myself I didn't grow up around black people so I don't find black features attractive. Actually, that's weirdly consistent-- I can only think of one or two black girls I've known that I would call sexually attractive. Just my personal taste being shaped by my upbringing I'm sure.
>.< My BF is pretty ashamed of his Mexican heritage, it seems. His bizarre, over-the-top Mexican side of the family doesn't help matters. He doesn't have to love his culture but I want him to love his body. I think he's OK with it but he seems to shame it. He wants to think he doesn't look Mexican at all and it's just not true. It's not hard to tell that he is biracial-- Caucasian and Latino.

And... I think he's hot. His skin color is so radiant and clear. He's got lovely eyes and I think just the right combination of features from both sides. I want him to understand that. If he was 100% white he'd lack quite a few of his qualities that I admire so much. But he hates being seen as a "race". I try not to see him that way, but OTHER people do, so we have to be AWARE of it. Frankly, I see him as a person with certain looks. Looks that I can appreciate. The truth is that he's given me a soft spot for biracial Latino men that I didn't have before. >.>; I get butterflies because they make me think of my BF because of some of the similarities.
Sophisticated Simplicity
Nowadays, people are caring less and less about it.
Dan Dansen II
>.< My BF is pretty ashamed of his Mexican heritage, it seems. His bizarre, over-the-top Mexican side of the family doesn't help matters. He doesn't have to love his culture but I want him to love his body. I think he's OK with it but he seems to shame it. He wants to think he doesn't look Mexican at all and it's just not true. It's not hard to tell that he is biracial-- Caucasian and Latino.

And... I think he's hot. His skin color is so radiant and clear. He's got lovely eyes and I think just the right combination of features from both sides. I want him to understand that. If he was 100% white he'd lack quite a few of his qualities that I admire so much. But he hates being seen as a "race". I try not to see him that way, but OTHER people do, so we have to be AWARE of it. Frankly, I see him as a person with certain looks. Looks that I can appreciate. The truth is that he's given me a soft spot for biracial Latino men that I didn't have before. >.>; I get butterflies because they make me think of my BF because of some of the similarities.

Sadly, I think it's common for some people not to love themselves or their body. Friends and I have struggled with the same issues. sad
I've grown to love myself, but I can't say that about the friends I speak of because I haven't seen them in a very long time. I just got done reading Tony Morrison's The Bluest Eye, and that theme appears a lot.
Metheshrew
Dan Dansen II

Sadly, I think it's common for some people not to love themselves or their body. Friends and I have struggled with the same issues. sad
I've grown to love myself, but I can't say that about the friends I speak of because I haven't seen them in a very long time. I just got done reading Tony Morrison's The Bluest Eye, and that theme appears a lot.
Yeah, it upsets me, because he's so... mmm. He needs to calm down about it. He also needs to realize that it's part of what makes him unique and desirable, in my eyes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff