Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vicious Humorist

9,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
Typically with incredibly hurtful, loud words.
Failing that, violence is my auxiliary method.

Dapper Reveler

Disregard them and reduce their importance to nothing, or the minimum possible.
Let them know that they mean nothing/as little as possible to you, and that their attitude is utterly impotent.

Dangerous Kitten

fedora neckbeard
Hans My Hedgehog
By being ruder and meaner. I obviously have some delayed growing up to do.
lets be honest here, there are a s**t ton of problems that can be quickly solved by being an immature hot head

I guess so. A lot of staff members are scared of me, so they don't bother me with their trivial bullshit problems. It's a big plus.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
Challenge them to a duel in the old style; whoever survives is vindicated.

Alternatively, just ignore the s**t out of them.

Dapper Exhibitionist

I ignore them an move on with life.

DreamEatingDemon's Husbando

Make sure and don't be rude back, both of you could get on trouble then, report it to your boss if it is getting out of hand, by first try and just keep a good attitude around them and don't say anything cocky back and don't get in a fight with them~

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Asking them exactly what their problem is with me. Trying to fix it. Telling them that we don't have to be friends, but we need to be civilized at work. If that doesn't work, I would go to my supervisor.

Friendly Citizen

4,750 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Trader 100
If it gets to a point where its affecting your work performance I would speak to higher ups or your HR department.

Dapper Ladykiller

Report the shithead, of course. smile

Fuzzy Bibliophile

12,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Invisible Conversationalist

9,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
How to handle it depends on the work environment.

My job just has the store owner, so I don't have an HR department or anyone breathing down my neck to do or act a certain way. I'm a key holder, so I tend to close the store at night so that the owner doesn't have to come down or be there. None of my current coworkers would be mean, except one but she just gets cranky for no good reason so I give her food and she feels better. But we can be mean to new people who's behaviour we've found unacceptable, and only when telling them they need to stop and having them ignore us.

So that's something I'd look at first. Has my behaviour been poor lately? Have I been unjustly mean to someone, or too lazy (not much of a problem since we don't really care and on really slow night can take turns watching tv), am I doing something wrong?

If no, and they're just a jerk then ******** 'em. At my job I'd see who else they've been a b***h. Anywhere else I'd make a formal complaint. If it's Row, then I'd ignore and try candy later. New person, ignore and avoid (because I get to do that) and if I'm not alone we'd try to make the owner fire them. He's very nice though, so it's hard.

Dapper Ladykiller

Ignore it unless it's major.

If it is major, and confronting them doesn't work, put in a complaint about harassment.

Invisible Lunatic

Zartt
im actually pretty violent offline so my advice is to punch until you're respected.
*fired.

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
I've always been too busy actually doing my job to get caught up in this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff