Welcome to Gaia! ::

depends on the situation. generally not afraid to ask for respect from people. i don't tolerate abuse, but often the issues are so infrequent and minute that it's not worth the drama of getting a manager involved. i walk away and remember that the job is temporary and as soon as the workday is over i'll go home to the meaningful part of my life.

Girl-Crazy Bloodsucker

Man-Hungry Pup

7,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Profitable 100
im actually pretty violent offline so my advice is to punch until you're respected

Quotable Hunter

Thats SO-FFISH
I'd suggest try to be an adult about it. Don't be petty and be rude back. DOn't file a bunch of complaints, especially if you are a newer employee. Confront the coworker and ask them to stop being rude. You are there to work, not make friends or form a social clique.

What's your a** doing here again?

Trash Garbage

i ignore them mostly.
            maybe rant about them to my bf,
            but just leave them to have their ickle tantrums.

Desirable Darling

13,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
l i t t l e - b e a r s

i ignore them mostly.
            maybe rant about them to my bf,
            but just leave them to have their ickle tantrums.

This is exactly what I do. lol

Magical Poster

I ignore them. 3nodding

Rainbow Lover

Try and discuss it with the person. If it gets bad enough I would bring it up to my boss or a higher up.

Friendly Regular

By being ridiculously polite to them. To the point where I am treating them like a total stranger who I don't know and don't trust.

And if they say anything mean or rude directly to me, I look over my glasses at them for a few seconds, and then move on to something else, as though it never happened.

(And then later, I go home and complain loudly and at great length to my partner.)
When I am at work, I am professional enough that that kind of behaviour doesn't even hit my radar. After work if someone stays in my face with their rude attitude they will know, for a fact, exactly what I think of them, and it won't be in an abusive manner, it will be in a manner that will show them exactly what I think of them and their attitude. I will demolish them in front of everyone and walk away leaving them knowing exactly what the office thinks of them.
I just ignore them usually and try to do my best.

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
I ignore her.

I mean, she manages to make herself look stupid anyway so I don't see the point in lowering myself to her level.

Golden Gekko

Are they being directly rude and mean to you or just in general?

It depends on the job and how long you want to stay there and the position of the person in regards to yourself.

If it's a temporary job that doesn't really matter to you, than call them out it.
If it's not, contact someone superior to them on it.
If it's your boss, either try to contact their boss or consider getting a different job.
If it's your equal, call them out on it.

High-functioning Lunatic

learn to be cynical back and be a yes man to work

Greedy Giver

I used to go to work and sometimes be dodging punches emotion_donotwant

but that wasn't so much my co-worker as my boss

like the person whos name was on my paychecks

he's an a**, very self-centered

but I love him dearly blaugh

....there is little about working in mental healthcare is typical in other workforces, and there is a lot about other jobs that would be utterly unacceptable in this sort of position.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff