Welcome to Gaia! ::

i can do casual sex and not get attached while my friend cant so i think it depends on your personality. can you handle him screwing another chick while your friends with benefits? if you can then jump into it, if you cant stay back with a 10 foot pole!!!

8,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200
there's nothing wrong with it.

i know this one 7th grader who has 2.
it made me wonder if he can even get it up at that age.
Lady Hamlet

I pulled a bestfriend --& boyfriend --& tragic heartbreaking him dumping me --& best friends forever
Me too. But we really are friends with benefits now. xd
As long as your friend isn't gay or black, all is well.
Mysterious Drifter
Friends with benefits are never beneficial.

What do you get out of it?

You get sex, duh. ;P You think sex is only good for men? Think again!

Friends with benefits is not for everybody. If you don’t mind and enjoy detached of all emotion sex, by all means, go for it. With your situation it still seems like you have feelings for this guy. Not the best idea to have benefits with your recent ex whom you have made the step to becoming best friends with.

I see friends with benefits as someone whom you aren’t emotionally attached to. That is the only way I’d ever be able to have a “relationship” like that. These are mucho different from one night stands too. ;P

My advice; Stay away from the whole concept of friends with benefits. No matter what it’ll just screw with your head more than anything. Trust me.

i know people who do have "friends with benefits" its a decision they make cant really be blahh about their decision. its their life. i just hate that they tell me about it. and i really dont want to know.
if you have a moral issue with "friends with benefits" then the concept clearly isn't for you.

if you have a fixation with the concept that "sex = love" then this isn't for you either.

however, for some people who simply have a physical attraction without the mental or emotional then friends with benefits works fine. you both get what you want (sex, assuming you are both physically compatible and capable of pleasing each other), and there are no emotional strings attached.

if one of you does develop emotional attachment, its important to talk it out so as not to leave one person feeling awkward. but i think it is perfectly fine if both sides agree upon whats going on and are understanding of how the other person feels.
ADDITIONAL THOUGHT:

if you are getting close to him with some delusional thought of 'getting back together' then what you are doing isn't "friends with benefits".

what you are doing is called "lying", "being delusional", and "ulterior motives"
I guess your all right... I can't deny that i still have feelings for him, and Friends with Benifits really is a desperate hope of him wanting me again i guess. I would be devistated if he was with another girl... We'll just leave it where it is. I really appreciate all your advice.

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Smooth Operator 100
Wahhh.

I could never imagine being with one of my guy friends for the benefits.

I get too emotionally attached. u.u

So you're asking whether you should pursue this sort of lifestyle with your ex? I'm not sure. It seems like he's dumped you for a reason, and that he could possibly not see you in that way. BUT if he's looking for something physical without attachment, this may be the answer.

The best choice is to discuss the whole idea with him.
I don't see a problem with it. I've done it. It will only work though if the people involved are mature and mentally capable of it. I don't see why some people can't separate sex from love, to many times people interchange the two like they are the same.
friends with benefits=DOESN'T WORK OUT!believe me,been there done that.
my ex and I tried it.
I still had feelings for him.
He didn't want a relationship again, I did.
I was only sleeping with him.
He was only sleeping with me, Brittany, Jessica, Nicole, Tammy, Tara, Sarah, Nina...well you get the picture.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff