Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic Friend

xI Beautiful Liar
Yo, I walk throughout my whole school which covers a vast amount. So I'm good. Other than that no, I do not. I should though. I just never have the time to. School takes up almost half of my day.

True. School takes up SO much time.
Such a pain. :c
I take P.E. in college though so thankfully I get my workout in regardless.

Angelic Friend

GhostlyMark
If you do, how often?
I jog every other day. I've decided to get serious with weight training starting tomorrow

Are they intense exercises or not?
Nah. I'm gonna need a new route eventually

I'd do weight-training but it's much more difficult and intense compared to cardiovascular training, and I'm already super weak as it is.
You have to really pay attention to what you eat too if you wanna see any progress. Some guy told me you have to eat big portions to gain a lot of muscle as well, and I'm not a big eater.

But I'm happy for you. It's always exciting to start a new thing, especially if it's going to improve your life.

Angelic Friend

Mouthgasmic
i eat healthy af but i only do weird pushups and jogging...
As long as ur sore enough to barely move without feeling the pain, then your gonna gain muscle. Just make sure u give ur muscles time to heal and harden cuz technically they got all stretched out...

Yo, I can't even do proper push-ups. I have to cheat by kneeling while I do them... sweatdrop
Haha, I love jogging/running. It's best when there's nice scenery around.
And yeah I don't have to worry about that because when I'm sore (I get really sore), there's no way I'll be doing anything that could put me in more pain lol.

Angelic Friend

Dustiest Gozongas
I do yoga and Zumba. During the summer, running and biking are also a part of my exercise routine and I used to dance up until I graduated high school. And kickline, did that in high school too.

Exercise has always been important to me. I am very lean and have a small frame.

I heard something rather silly about zumba. There's people who do it (and yoga) in a super hot room while barely drinking any water, and they believe that makes them get stronger quicker? My p.e. teacher was like, "Everyone in the room was so happy over how much they sweated in such a short time and they figured it was such a great workout...except it's 100 degrees in the room and they had no water, so of course they were sweating buckets!!"

It's quite silly and idk if it's exactly true, but if it is, it's really funny lol.

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Tai chi twice a week, its pretty low intensity but you'd be surprised how much your muscles work to move your body smoothly & slowly. I try to get at least 2 hours/week of walking and/or aerobics. Hubs & I like DDR/In the Groove, the weeks I don't get around to a good session of that or a good long walk, I have a workout DVD. Over the summer I swim.

I have an hourglass shape, and normal to slightly low metabolism. I have to keep an eye on what I eat all the time, or make myself work out intensely to maintain my weight.

Angelic Friend

Little Dead Soldier
I run daily and swim on the weekends. I mainly do it out of boredom >.>
I actually enjoy running and swimming.

I wish I knew how to swim.
Someone told me they'd teach me, but they never did. Someone else promised the same thing, but yeah...never happened sadly. >:c

Haha, I think running is the best. Really helps me let off some steam too when I'm angry.

Angelic Friend

spacekitten
Tai chi twice a week, its pretty low intensity but you'd be surprised how much your muscles work to move your body smoothly & slowly. I try to get at least 2 hours/week of walking and/or aerobics. Hubs & I like DDR/In the Groove, the weeks I don't get around to a good session of that or a good long walk, I have a workout DVD. Over the summer I swim.

I have an hourglass shape, and normal to slightly low metabolism. I have to keep an eye on what I eat all the time, or make myself work out intensely to maintain my weight.

I think I'm going to try tai chi. It's pretty similar to yoga if I'm not mistaken.
My body is quite stiff so I could benefit from it for sure.

And ah, DDR. So fun and it really is a great workout. I'm not too good at it though, but I guess that doesn't matter anyway, lol.

Do you have major cravings for junk food usually?
I barely ever have anything around my place so even if I wanted to pig out, I'm not able to.
Guess it's a good thing sometimes, but I do need to gain weight.

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Romeigh
spacekitten

I think I'm going to try tai chi. It's pretty similar to yoga if I'm not mistaken.

And ah, DDR. So fun and it really is a great workout. I'm not too good at it though, but I guess that doesn't matter anyway, lol.

I barely ever have anything around my place so even if I wanted to pig out, I'm not able to.

Its very yoga-like. There are several styles, and some are more meditative than others, though. My gym switches styles every year, and next year will be Fu style, which is very combat-focused.

DDR is a great workout! Even if you're not an amazing player, getting up and moving is the important part. Actually, I get a better workout with a more endurance approach; doing a lot of songs at a lower difficulty as opposed to doing just a few of the harder ones (b/c then I get tired fast and want to stop)

I definitely get junk food cravings. I don't keep any junk in the house, though, so it makes it hard to give in. But, if I really really want something junky, I've found its better to let myself have a little than to ignore it, because I'll eventually give in and the longer I waited, the more I want to indulge. If that makes sense....

Angelic Friend

spacekitten
Romeigh
spacekitten

Its very yoga-like. There are several styles, and some are more meditative than others, though. My gym switches styles every year, and next year will be Fu style, which is very combat-focused.

DDR is a great workout! Even if you're not an amazing player, getting up and moving is the important part. Actually, I get a better workout with a more endurance approach; doing a lot of songs at a lower difficulty as opposed to doing just a few of the harder ones (b/c then I get tired fast and want to stop)

I definitely get junk food cravings. I don't keep any junk in the house, though, so it makes it hard to give in. But, if I really really want something junky, I've found its better to let myself have a little than to ignore it, because I'll eventually give in and the longer I waited, the more I want to indulge. If that makes sense....

I'll definitely try it out. I'm sure there are Youtube videos of it. I love watching Youtube videos of workout routines and dances, and then trying to do them myself.
And true - it's all about pacing yourself and staying active for as long as possible, rather than using as much energy as possible, as that only causes you to tire quicker.

Gosh, if it was up to me, I'd have all kinds of foods in my house. We don't even have enough veggies or fruits tbh. Parents rarely go grocery shopping and I'm poor and can't drive. :c

Yeah, that does make sense. Honestly, I hate how good McDonald's tastes to me. That s**t is horrible for you. But I always wanna have them nuggets and fries. ;_;
/thestruggle
I walk eight hours a day, every Monday through Friday. No seriously, I've skinned my foot until it's pink.

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
I go to the gym three times a week and I do a lot of walking.

Dapper Gaian

I wish I could say that I do, but no, I just sit around all day.

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

I've just started a program called Turbo Fire which, I admit, is kind of difficult and I had been trying on and off for a while. I had a lot of great success with the first DVD set, which was Turbo Jam, when I was about thirteen/fourteen and I had gone from 180 or so pounds down to 140 close to 130 in about several months. But due to a lot of family complications and moving, I lost my DVDs and kind of fell out of my fitness as my gym classes weren't as intense and didn't give me as much as a push like the Turbo series did.

I bought the Turbo Fire DVD's maybe a week ago? Maybe more. I'm on the first week right now and everything is kind of difficult. My goal is to lose around 70 pounds -- don't care how long it takes, but I gotta do it. Because I'm sure I"m the heaviest I'm ever going to be, even heavier than I had been before, and that's settled firmly on 200 and more. When I was a kid, I hated gym class; when I was thirteen and up to the point where I graduated in June, I loved gym. So this is kind of a major disappointment for me to be this heavy. orz

@foods
    Not a lot of healthy things in my house, tbh. I mean this week I bought school snacks and snuck in some carrots, grapes, apples, and oranges in there - but outside of that, it's just snacks. Sugary, sweet, other stuff. My mom went on some weird warpath to lose weight over the summer, so she's eating a lot more cleanly now; though problem is, I can't copy what she eats, too, because she mostly makes it for herself and also because of the fact that once she uses it, it's pretty much gone. So, yeah. Mostly a lot of junk food laying around the house. Like today, kind of ashamed to say that I had so much pizza. I broke it up with oatmeal and apples as much as I could, but damn. emotion_sweatdrop

@fitness
    I'm going to have to get a gym membership to stoke some extra fire to that Turbo session, because most of the time, I'm kind of just sitting at home with nothing much to do. Outside of cleaning, of course. But sometimes when you've swept and washed dishes and mopped floors, it gets boring and you just don't want to do it anymore - especially after a half hour of your siblings coming home everything is wrecked and disgusting again. So, yeah. Fitness = gym membership.

More healthy food = more jobs. Because I only work at Walmart right now and that's just giving me about 400 or so dollars.

More jobs = more volunteering. Just to stay outside and stay active.

@body type
    I don't even ******** know, tbh. lol I remember when I lost weight when I was thirteen/fourteen I still had a rather large chest size, but small waist? It sucked having to jog. Like holy s**t; can we say lower back pain after a few feet? Despite that, though, I still want to jog. I was stronger than most girls at that age because of my Turbo Jam routine and I gained some muscle definition from that. Pretty much gone since I fell off the fitness wagon for a couple of years. I don't know about my metabolism. I'm pretty sure that it's average.

Dapper Ladykiller

I walk almost 2 miles to the nearest supermarket and carry home heavy bags, too.

But that's all I get lately. crying
I got really into being fit over a year ago for a few months. I ran for an hour 5 days a week, and did strength training 3 days a week. But then Summer came and there was no ******** way I was running in 45 degree celsius weather. I would die. And then when it got cooler I just never got back into it. I'm planning on starting again in a few months when it cools down again.

With food, since I moved out a couple of months ago and I'm in control of what foods come into the house, I eat way better. Lots of fruits and vegetables. I only buy chocolate when I'm on the blob. I don't eat well all the time though, I still have pizza and stuff. I choose water over other drinks 95% of the time.

In general, I'm trying to be healthy, or healthier at least. I feel so much better since I moved out being able to choose the food. I used to get headaches EVERY DAY. They're gone now. I also used to need a nap daily, but that's almost completely stopped (I'm anaemic so I get tired really easily). One thing I learned when I was working out was that I don't need to really lose weight (like I thought), I just need to tone up so I'm not so disgusting and flabby. Gotta get some muscles up on me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff