Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reading is my life. I read books like water, ha ha.
The outsiders.
biggrin
forever_fears
I used to be a huge reader. Then I realized that it was a total waste of time, and really superficial. Especially in school. Because all you're doing is boasting about how literate you are, when really, you're just about as literate as everyone else in your class.

They say a picture's worth a thousand words. Your brain recieves approximately eight images a second. Do the math.

It sounds like you were reading for the wrong reasons.
neutral
I read all the time, canĀ“t get enough of books. Parents refuse to buy me anymore unless they are over 800 pages because they say I go through them so fast.

Favorite books would have to be: The Prince of Nothing. I thought it was an amazing series, more of an adult oriented book.

Anything by Iain M. Banks, when he writes of about the Culture.
My favorite is actually a series, the Cirque Du Freak, AMAZING SERIES.

My favorite individual book would have to be Speak
Unfortunately I've barely had the time to read much of anything over the past couple of years but I love:

The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan
Tomorrow When the War Began (series) by John Marsden

I liked The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown and The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova too.

Life of Pi by Yann Martel is a great book! I suggest it to anyone who loves books which tell a story which is borderline fantasy yet still realistic. It's about a Hindu, Christian, Islamic, Indian son of a zoo keeper who finds himself floating on the seas stuck in a life boat with a tiger. It's fantastic, the end of the story is even better.
I can't really choose a favorite book... but some of the books I've read many times and never get tired of is:

Skuggorna i spegeln/The shadows in the mirror by some swedish author. Vampires all the way, plus some really hiliarious scenes about what it's like to be a teenager. X'D
The His dark materials series by Philip Pullman. Eh gawds, I love them too much to think. :3
The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I still shiver while reading the first book, really. You who have read the seventh know how I react to it.

Shy Member

oooooh i love...

that space between chapters.
Libraries, man! Once you get over the intrinsic nerd atmosphere, the public library is an invaluable resource. I have a few authors who I love and want to support enough to buy a whole bunch of their books, but for my voracious daily reading I make wicked use of my local library.

I'm not as well-read as I should be, but my favorite author is this little-known guy called Sean Stewart who writes beautiful, fantastic fiction - I can't really categorize his work beyond that, as it straddles a lot of definition in many cases. His prose is intricate without being flowery, human and easy to understand but also surprisingly deep.

Ermor
I read all the time, canĀ“t get enough of books. Parents refuse to buy me anymore unless they are over 800 pages because they say I go through them so fast.

Favorite books would have to be: The Prince of Nothing. I thought it was an amazing series, more of an adult oriented book.

Anything by Iain M. Banks, when he writes of about the Culture.
Might as well add to my list...

The Zombie Survival Guide (A complete walk through on how to survive a plauge of eh walking dead)

If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor (Bruce Campbelles' First book was a great autobiography... His Second,)

Make Love!* *The Bruce Campbelle Way Was a good autobiographical NOVEL, as it was a fictional story BY Bruce, ABOUT bruce and his quest to land a big named movie.

Have a Nice Day! A tale of Blood, Tears and Sweatsocks

Mick Foley outdoes himself in this autobiography, covering his wrestling career and how he came to be the man hi was in the WWF

Fancy
a DAMN good book by Bassist and nutcase Les Claypool

Mein Kampf
I would hope you all forgive me for adding that to teh list, but it was a brilliant look intot eh mind of a madman.... long, complicated and ranting, perfect to fall asleep to.

The Alphabet of Manliness.
If you are not familiar with this, you NEED to be. SOON.
Twix_Stix
I'm not a big reader anymore because I don't have as much free time, but my favorite would have to be "The Count Of Monte Cristo" By Alexander Dumas. heart

I love that book too!!

Also:
What Daddy Did
Someone Was Watching
The Harry Potter series and
The Lord of the Rings trilogy
oh and The Lord of the Flies is interesting too.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Miracle's boys is one of my all time favs :3

Irregular Regular

Too many books to list as my favorite. here a few authors i love.
Anne Bishop, Neil Gaiman, Terry Prachett, Ann McCathrey, J.R.R.T.
David and Leigh Eddings, Orson Scott Card. Terry Brooks, Pierce Anthony,Goodman, Alexander Demas. And Many more

Harry Potter, Wheel of time, Dark Blood Triology, The Hobbit,
Mangas and Comics. Belgarion, Pern Series, Eragon, the Eldest.

and sooo many more
running with scissors by augusten burroughs
and similar stuff
like dostojevskij, ionesco, bukowski and wilde heart
I love reading, but the count of monte cristo is undoubtedly my favorite book of all time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff