*pokes head into shop* 0.2 20.0% [ 14 ]
*stares through the window...intensely* 0.37142857142857 37.1% [ 26 ]
*walks up to the counter* 0.085714285714286 8.6% [ 6 ]
*browses shop* 0.34285714285714 34.3% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 70 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 >

Blessed Seeker

Congratulations on level 10 Double Ex C;

And yeah, I WAS trying to make money by playing HoC PvP, and it was pretty easy to do, but the game is so competitive I had to spend all the essence(the stuff that turns into gaia gold) on buying more cards just to keep up, and now I am lvl 30 and that puts me in the same bracket as the lvl 80 Master players with their decks chock full of rares epics and legendaries.

So yeah, that's turned out well.

Also my profit making with Alchemy has taken a turn for the worse as it seems a considerable number of other people have caught on to the same things I was doing and now are repeatedly beating my prices and squandering the value just to get them sold. If it keeps up much longer there wont be any profit to be had, even if I tried to match their price, so for now I'm sticking with higher prices hoping they sell out/level up so they dont want to make those items any more mad

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Nyadriel
Hey! Congrats on achieving level ten!! mrgreen

Thanks. you're at level 7? i remember making lots of nartians during that one XD

xX-Shikyo-Xx

And yeah, I WAS trying to make money by playing HoC PvP, and it was pretty easy to do, but the game is so competitive I had to spend all the essence(the stuff that turns into gaia gold) on buying more cards just to keep up, and now I am lvl 30 and that puts me in the same bracket as the lvl 80 Master players with their decks chock full of rares epics and legendaries.

Also my profit making with Alchemy has taken a turn for the worse as it seems a considerable number of other people have caught on to the same things I was doing and now are repeatedly beating my prices and squandering the value just to get them sold. If it keeps up much longer there wont be any profit to be had, even if I tried to match their price, so for now I'm sticking with higher prices hoping they sell out/level up so they dont want to make those items any more mad

Another way to make some gold is to make caches. when you get a bunch of them (like 30-50) open them all at once and you'll have good chances of pulling a platinum or gold cache, which you can sell for like 800k+. and you'll be able to use the other caches you open for other stuff in your alchemy journey, since platinum/cache cases aren't used much (well maybe platinum for the candy horn stuff...).

at least you're trying to make a profit as you level up though. so you don't really loose much...i think that's the best way to go through alchemy emotion_brofist biggrin instead of just throwing gold at it...because if/when alchemy gets easier to do with future changes, you won't feel that bad about the game being easier to go through, since you'll have made some gold off of it.

while you're at lvl 3 i'd suggest looking at things you may need for lvl4. like, even when i was at level 5, i was gathering stuff for levels 6-8 when i spotted them really cheap in the MP. it cuts down on wait time (waiting for prices to go low in the MP) later down the line. i was buying some Gift Boxes (x-mas ones) when they were only 5-10k each when I could, and by the time I actually reached level 9 to use them(to use Gift Boxes to make Noel Gifts), they shot up and were averaging 40-60k. but i was glad to have acquired some while they were really cheap.

sometimes though, there are really no good formulas to do for profit, and during those times you just have to sacrifice some gold to get to the next level.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Existential Existence
Nyadriel

Thanks. you're at level 7? i remember making lots of nartians during that one XD

xX-Shikyo-Xx

Another way to make some gold is to make caches. when you get a bunch of them (like 30-50) open them all at once and you'll have good chances of pulling a platinum or gold cache, which you can sell for like 800k+. and you'll be able to use the other caches you open for other stuff in your alchemy journey, since platinum/cache cases aren't used much (well maybe platinum for the candy horn stuff...).

at least you're trying to make a profit as you level up though. so you don't really loose much...i think that's the best way to go through alchemy emotion_brofist biggrin instead of just throwing gold at it...because if/when alchemy gets easier to do with future changes, you won't feel that bad about the game being easier to go through, since you'll have made some gold off of it.

while you're at lvl 3 i'd suggest looking at things you may need for lvl4. like, even when i was at level 5, i was gathering stuff for levels 6-8 when i spotted them really cheap in the MP. it cuts down on wait time (waiting for prices to go low in the MP) later down the line. i was buying some Gift Boxes (x-mas ones) when they were only 5-10k each when I could, and by the time I actually reached level 9 to use them(to use Gift Boxes to make Noel Gifts), they shot up and were averaging 40-60k. but i was glad to have acquired some while they were really cheap.

sometimes though, there are really no good formulas to do for profit, and during those times you just have to sacrifice some gold to get to the next level.

What you said to Shik, that is what I did to get through level 6 and just swung right through it couple of weeks. I am now around half-way through level 7. Next levels will be hard though. Reason why and why it took me this long to get here, is that I am really picky about what I do.
Shik is right though. Somebody keeps downgrading the MP3 dogs rather than keeping the prices where we can at least make our gold back.

I just realized I was cheating myself on a component and set it in my shop for half-ish price in accordance to the what I paid for the caches. I just "priced it" in my head. xd :

Levels eight and nine is gonna be hard for me to get through because... there really is not anything I want to do.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Nyadriel
Existential Existence
Nyadriel

xX-Shikyo-Xx

What you said to Shik, that is what I did to get through level 6 and just swung right through it couple of weeks. I am now around half-way through level 7. Next levels will be hard though. Reason why and why it took me this long to get here, is that I am really picky about what I do.
Shik is right though. Somebody keeps downgrading the MP3 dogs rather than keeping the prices where we can at least make our gold back.

I just realized I was cheating myself on a component and set it in my shop for half-ish price in accordance to the what I paid for the caches. I just "priced it" in my head. xd :

Levels eight and nine is gonna be hard for me to get through because... there really is not anything I want to do.

That sucks. I was pretty picky too. I only wanted to do high-medium level formulas and avoid the low chance ones because of the risk (I mean, a low level formula might look cheap, but if you fail more than 4-5 times it doesn't make it really worth it at 60-80k a try). For level 8 and 9 what I did was mostly make copper twopences for lvl 8, then use those to make Noel Gifts in 9. Inari beads is also a decent level 9 formula - if you only fail 1-2 times...because it's 100k each try and it's a low chance formula. But the item can sell for a profit if you craft it successfully in 1 try. The shitty thing about Noel Gifts though are snagging the cheap holiday Gift Boxes in the MP - otherwise they're like 100GC each if you can't wait for MP listings to pop up. I think for lvl 9 the Radiant Heart Headband has been pretty popular with most people because it sells pretty decently in the MP - since it's used in other formulas like those cupcake dresses. level 8 and 9 are really aggressive gold sinks though...the only reason i recovered from those was because of the profit i made in 5.

the real life saver with being cheap with alchemy i think, is just making your own caches so you aren't spending too much gold on those. it's also really awesome when you land a gold cache and can sell those off to the backwing questers.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Existential Existence
Nyadriel
Existential Existence
Nyadriel

xX-Shikyo-Xx

That sucks. I was pretty picky too. I only wanted to do high-medium level formulas and avoid the low chance ones because of the risk (I mean, a low level formula might look cheap, but if you fail more than 4-5 times it doesn't make it really worth it at 60-80k a try). For level 8 and 9 what I did was mostly make copper twopences for lvl 8, then use those to make Noel Gifts in 9. Inari beads is also a decent level 9 formula - if you only fail 1-2 times...because it's 100k each try and it's a low chance formula. But the item can sell for a profit if you craft it successfully in 1 try. The shitty thing about Noel Gifts though are snagging the cheap holiday Gift Boxes in the MP - otherwise they're like 100GC each if you can't wait for MP listings to pop up. I think for lvl 9 the Radiant Heart Headband has been pretty popular with most people because it sells pretty decently in the MP - since it's used in other formulas like those cupcake dresses. level 8 and 9 are really aggressive gold sinks though...the only reason i recovered from those was because of the profit i made in 5.

the real life saver with being cheap with alchemy i think, is just making your own caches so you aren't spending too much gold on those. it's also really awesome when you land a gold cache and can sell those off to the backwing questers.

Wow. A lot of info advice there. Thanks. I will consider that.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Captain's log star date 1 point 29 point 13 *captain Picard's voice*

With no real purpose to our journey now, we have drank away all our profits on spirits. Ian suffered alcohol poisoning from his wild night of abandon and lays sick in his cabin with nausea. We are not quite sure what to do with our crew. Life on the ship has become quite purposeless. Timmy is acting erratic and crazed, he's starting to call himself by a new name..."Old Pete." The crew is debating throwing him overboard.

Wealthy Gaian

11,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Trader 100
Existential Existence

I need an alchemist!
Formula to alchemize : custard
Formula level: 10
Cost to craft: 750k I belive

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Glam Factory
Existential Existence

I need an alchemist!
Formula to alchemize : custard
Formula level: 10
Cost to craft: 750k I belive

If you want to do it start the trade! However the item has LOW craft chances so it might take several tries...I'm not really sure how many tries. It could be up to like 2-20 or something crying So you might want to put a lot of gold in the trade. I will click "craft" for as many craft chances in gold that you put in the trade.

Dapper Swapper

9,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Congratulations! Also as a side note it took about 3-4 goes to get my Butter and Cream. xp

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Insane Grace
Congratulations! Also as a side note it took about 3-4 goes to get my Butter and Cream. xp

Thanks! congrats on your cat too.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Captain's log star date 2 point 25 point 13 *captain Picard's voice*
We threw Timmy/Old Pete overboard. We just could not stand his stench after he stopped washing himself and his hands. In other news, the crew have found my diary journal and demand to read what I have written about them. I am hiding this journal in my underwear drawer but I may change location to some place unpleasant - maybe the cleaning closet?

Though life as a rogue drifter crew has been vastly lonely, a couple of days ago we did help one mysterious person who wished their crafting activities be kept private. They were on a quest to find a serious piece of merchandise. It was not too easy to acquire. We thank this person for their stay with our crew!
Existential Existence

I need an alchemist!
Formula to alchemize: Forgotten Reverie
Formula level: 1
Cost to craft: 2.5k

I have toooooons to request crafting for~ D; <3

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
[.Silvr-Moon.]
Existential Existence

I need an alchemist!
Formula to alchemize: Forgotten Reverie
Formula level: 1
Cost to craft: 2.5k

I have toooooons to request crafting for~ D; <3

Do you have all the items required to make the item? Usually people alchemize level 1 formulas on their own 'cause everyone is (even you) a level 1 alchemist, so that's why i am asking smile
Existential Existence

I am not sure~! D; I will go back and check quickly! :3

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
[.Silvr-Moon.]
Existential Existence

I am not sure~! D; I will go back and check quickly! :3

if you have everything, personally i'd prefer you to do it since if you craft it it'll give you some XP points for your level, that you might want later on (especially if you want to get to Level 2 of alchemy). but if you have everything and still want me to alchemize it for you i'll do that biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff