Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
THE HISTORY

The Findley family has been around since the 10th century, and have lived in the same castle for the past seven centuries. They are greatly proud of this heritage, without realizing part of their long term success has been thanks to the small witch coven that has survived in their tiny town since before their rise to power. The coven has become even smaller in recent years, having only five or six members at most. Their curse however has followed the Findley family for the past five hundred years. "No son shall your bloodline have until our wronged sister is reborn into this world. The son however must right the wrong he committed upon her before the end, or suffer the curse until the end of time."

Now their is finally a son to the Findley family, one of actual blood relation to the original Findleys. With his birth will the family manage to rid themselves of this curse, or will they have to wait another five hundred years to get a chance at breaking the coven's spell.

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PLACES

The Findley Castle
User Image

The King's House Hotel and Pub
User Image

The Hallow, a gardening supply shop, Plant Nursery, and Herbal Tea shop.
User Image

Town
User Image

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PLAYERS

Your username: WolfCarson
Character name: Tadhg Findley
History: Ever since his birth, Tadhg felt something...very off about the world. Or perhaps "Off" isn't the correct word to use. From the first day his little feet began to trod along the centuries old manor, the young Findley felt right at home. The wood on the floorboards felt used to his stride, the cracks, holes and hidden corners just opened up and revealed their secrets. Tadhg himself was eager to pry deeper and deeper into this ever welcoming place, that seemed to want to tell him something. This led to the deep frustration of his father, who wanted only to raise his son in the manner befitting a man of his status. The elder Findley's lessons's and tutelage were often neglected by his son, who only wished to roam and explore. Such lazy and aimless habits were, over the course of many years, trained out of the Findely Youth.

Time passed, and young Tadhg grew into a adolescent, and then a young man. Much on track to inherit his family's textile business, the young man was on track for a bright, comfortable future. Despite all of this, the adult was plagued every day by a sense of longing, which seemingly sprung from nowhere as the youth matured. Then, one day, as he explored the vast hallways and musty old rooms of his home, he came across a secret annex in a part of the mansion few ventured into. Inside he found a book, older than anything else in the household. There on the worn pages told the story of a old ancestor, and his lost love. A story that, though Tadhg had never heard of before, seemed to know oh so very well. When he turned the final crumbling page, a pencil sketch of a beautiful young girl decorated the inside cover, with the words, "Forgive Me" etched on the bottom. Something awoke in Tadhg that day, something trying to get out ever since the day he was born. The following morning, the maids found a note on the Young Master's bed saying, "I'm going to make things right"

And so began Tadhg Findley's adventure, of his family' curse, of lost love, and of redemption.

Skills: Tadhg is known for having a keen eye for detail. He can pick up the smallest little peculiarity, in a way only famous fictional detectives can. Beyond that, he upbringing in High Society has educated him in many school subjects, and he is skilled at the piano.

Personality: Tadhg tends to be very open and friendly with most people. It makes some people uncomfortable, though most find him very friendly. Though, it also means he tends to keep talking, and not know when to stop. Also, despite his very orderly demeanor, he can very easily space out, or be distracted by little things.
Appearance:
User Image
Crush/ love: The girl in the drawing
Other: He has a fear of beetles

Your username: Hiraru Sagara
Character name: Tabatha Andrea (Andie) Reid
History: Born in America, Andie was born after her father was killed over seas and buried with honors. Her mother managed to keep them in their homes until Andie was ten. Then she and her mother moved back to her mother's home town of Findley. As the years wore on she learned he mother had moved back because she had fallen ill, and by the time she was fifteen her mother had passed on. She was raised afterwards by her four Aunties and her grandmother, the owners of the Hallow. She finished high school, and since eighteen has been learning her aunties' skills.

Her Auntie Ann is the brewer of the group, and has taught Andie how to brew teas for all pains and illnesses. Her Auntie Bea is the growe and taught Andie how to urge different kinds of plants and flowers to grow no matter how hard the conditions. Auntie Claudia is the gather, she has passed on her knowledge of when to pick clippings, and which ones are best collected in the wild, and how to properly dry them. Auntie Deidra is the breeder. She has passed on her knowledge of what kinds of animals can help the plants and life in the Hallow, she has also taught the young girl the importance of life and death and its balance. Granny is the leader of the group, she tends the account books, and sets the prices on the Hallow's products and keeps track of their supplies. The hallow is one of the few places were you can find plants of all kinds no matter the time of year.

Since She turned 21 Andie has started working at the local King's House Hotel's pub as the bar maid. She's doing this to try and save up enough money to get a degree in Biology, and a minor in history. She's busy almost every day from dawn until well after dark and with her aunties getting older their starting to place more responsibilities on her for the care and tending of the Hallow.

Skills: Growing things, brewing teas, herb lore, and care of Flora and Fiona of the area. She has an interest in history, but little chance to follow it, and is otherwise very good with animals, plants and young children.

Personality: Patient, quiet, friendly, but wary from her aunties' warnings. Rather than wilting against others view about how she should behave being orphaned at such an age, Andie has blossomed. She's always smiling and laughing, and fits into the town well almost without trying.
Appearance:
User Image
Crush/ love: None
Other: She likes working with people, and would be a good teacher if she and her aunties weren't looked upon with suspicion especially around children.

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Andie walked with her Auntie Claudia through the moor, picking the in season berries, and fall herbs. Auntie Claudia was dress so that not an inch of her skin was touched by the sun, and she puffed like she didn't do this every day. Andie on the other hand just wore her hiking boots and a rain coat, "Auntie, are you sure you don't want me to go get one of the wild ponies?"

"Oh no deary, its just these hills... I swear... They get steeper every year..." Auntie Claudia puffed while Andie tried to hide her giggles.
Tadhg wander aimlessly about the buildings and small shops of the town. His clean and pitch black hat sat snug atop his lavender locks. In his right hand was clutched an ancient piece of paper he had been showing about all day, but with no luck, "This has become considerably harder than I thought." the youth mumbled as he continued through the market.

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
By eight Andie had made it back to town and was helping Auntie Bea pull what they deemed weeds and by ten she was brewing the teas for those elders who dared come into the hallow. The teas were joint pain relievers and circulation improves.
After some time, Tadhg found himself craving sustenance. He had been up since early in his search. He found himself in front of a large old building, which seemed to be overflowing with plant life. He saw a sign hanging above the door saying "Herbal Tea Shop." The youth gave a sigh of relief, "Tea would be brilliant" Stepping inside the old shop, he called out to the inhabitants, "Allo, are you open?"

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
"Come on in and take a seat, I'm pulling some scones out of the oven!" Andie called from the back, her accent sounded like someone mimicking a Scottish accent, not quite there but getting close. The inside of the shop was clean, fancy tea pots lined shelves in the area, and there were half a dozen antique tables. A small counter top was set up before the door that led into the back room, it had a glass display with different kinds of tea snacks and behind the counter were glass jars with dried plant life in them. There was also a hot plate, and three kettles lined one next to the other, as well as a stack of clean mugs and tea pots. The room smelled like a mix of herbs, mint being the stongest but others were detectable. Andie's voice seemed to carry perfectly from the back to where Tadhg was. "I'll be with you in just a minute!"
Tadhg raised an eyebrow at the unseen woman calling from the back of the store. Her voice seemed just a little of. Maybe she was foreign. Regardless, the young man spun a chair, anf flopped down onto the wooden seat. The smell of fresh baked food, and tea leaves filled his nostrils, "I do love fresh scones." he laughed, "You won't charge me extra for the freshness will you?"

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Andie laughed from the back and came around from the back with a display of scones and set it on the counter. "I promise, everything is fresh made today. Our day old goods are taken to the local soup kitchen." She looked at him for a moment and then smiled differently. She walked around the counter and sat in the chair across from him. She wouldn't have looked exactly like the woman from the picture but she would have had a familiar feeling to her, "Since you aren't a regular let me explain how things work here. At the Hallow we don't make the tea you want, we make the tea you need. So tell me about your day so far."
Very soon the cute server girl came back from the kitchen, carrying a tray of freshly baked scones. When she came over, Tahdg couldn't help but stare curiously at her. Her face was very oddly familiar, but he just couldn't place where he had seen it. Soon though, he was snapped out of his contemplation when the girl addressed him, "Oh well, tea I need huh?" he inquired, this sounded like a weird taste, "Well I'm tired, I've been walking around all day looking for someone."

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Andie stood, smiling, "So your searching for something..." She put a kettle on the heating pad and turned the pad on. she pulled out a pot and a simple mug, "You've been working on it for a while, so you'll need more energy to keep going." She turned and pulled jars off the shelves, adding a pinch of something here and there into the pot, "Tell me about what you're looking for. Is it a man, or a woman? Young? Old? Maybe a member of your family?"
The boiling herbs sent a soothing aroma listing through the shop. All the while she cooked, Tadhg's eyes roamed around the shop, taking in his surroundings, "A woman, actually. Young..I think.I'm not sure. Blimey I don't even have her name." he sighed, "I have a picture, not to reliable, but its a start." he said, reaching into his pocket to grab the folded paper.

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Andie held up a hand as though silently telling him to stop, "You don't need to show me." She added a few more herbs to the tea pot, the kettle on the other side of the counter just starting to boil though not whistling yet. She added a few dried flowers to the pot, and pulled a small plate out, placing a fresh scone on it. "May haps you should work on learning more about this young woman before you seek her out..." The kettle began to sing, and Andie was quick to pull it off the hot plat pouring water into the pot, then setting the lid on the pot. The pot was decorated with ceramic flowers and shaped like some kind of gourd like a pumpkin. She picked up the tray that held the pot, cup for drinking scone, and something that looked like a tiny colander. She set it down on the table before him, passing the scone to him, and placing the tea cup, sitting back down, "Let it steep for a moment and tell me what you have learned about her."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff