Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Andie smiled and pushed the scone she'd placed in front of him closer, "Candied ginger and Apricot scone, enjoy."

"Findley," An older woman's voice hissed. Auntie Ann stood in the doorway to the back. She was tall and thin, with her hair cut short and very little make up. She looked maybe in her forties when she was really in her mid fifties. "How dare you come into the Hallow! Get out of our shop! I won't have a Findley, much let a male Findley in this scared place! Get out! Get out before I call the dogs to chase you out!"

Andie looked shocked and at a loss for words.
Tadhg was about to take a scone when he heard a blood chilling hiss from a woman in the doorway. She glared at him with furious anger that made the young man shake a bit. Dropping the pastry to the ground, the lavender-haired youth clutched his hat to his head, and laughed nervously, "Please madam, I assure you I mean no harm. I'm just passing through looking for someone." he explained, holding his free hand out to shield himself from the woman's wrath, "Your co-worker was kind enough to grace me with your exceptional service. Oh dear me, I've forgotten to pay.." his hand fumbled in his pocket to procure his wallet, when the centuries old paper feel from his hands and onto the floor.

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
"She's my niece!" The woman hissed picking up a long knife and pointing it at him, "And I won't have a damned Findley ruining our lives or hers again! You'll get out of th' Hallow or you won't have to worry about your next generation because I'll end your family with you! Further more I forbid you to come near my niece ever again!"

"Auntie Ann," Andie placed herself between her elder aunt and Tadhg, "He hasn't done anything wrong. We've merely been speaking... I tried to help him, like I help all our customers."
The women meant business, and a weapon sent the message quite clear. But with what this woman was saying. Tadhg's eyes darted between the elderly woman, and Andie. Was she really the gal he was searching for? Biting his tongue, he gently placed his hand on Andie's shoulder, and stepped in front of her, staring the sliver blade dead one, "I know, trust me I know. We wronged you. But I wanna make it right. Not for me." He looked back toward the young woman then back toward the elderly one, "But for her."

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
"Dogs!" Ann shouted. Two large dogs of mixed blood came around the corner of the countertop, and growled at Tadhg from either side of Ann.

"Sean! Mac! Down." Andie said forcefully. The dogs whined caught between two masters.

"Young lord Findley," An ancient looking woman walked in on her walking stick seeming very calm. Her hair was pulled back into a bun at the nape of her neck and she set Tadhg with eyes that seemed to know everything about him, "We will not have this discussion here. Pay for your food, take the scone with you, and go home." She was silent for a moment to let that sink in, but she wasn't finished, "When you get there, tell your mother to expect the granny from the Hallow in an hour. I will bring the tea, and speak to you and your mother at that time. Now go before Deidra sicks the hounds on you."
Soon very mean looking dogs came around the counter snarling and growling at him. Tadhg was about to bolt for the door when Andie tried desperately t calm the dogs. It was utter madness until a much older woman appeared, staring unerringly at the vested man. "Ahh of course." he responded to her directions. With his wallet still in hand, he left a handful of money on the table, and took the scone from floor, "Thanks for the tea." he said to Andie as he walked out the door, leaving only the aged paper behind on the floor.

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
The elderly woman hobbled across the room, her walking stick tapping its way across the hard floors. Andie could be heard demanding to know what was going on. But the further Tadhg walked the less he would be able to hear from the group left in the Hallow.
Tadhg debated hanging back, but didn't want to press his luck. The old lady was serious, and would off the young aristocrat if she had the chance. He quickly moved through the streets of the town and found himself infront of the imposing gate of the Findely estate. Whe he had entered the home, he was immediately met by a swarm of servants, inquiring about where he had been, and what he had been doing. "Where's my mother?"

"Tadhg!" a voice bellowed from atop the stairwell. There stod a middle-aged woman, adoring a very modest black dress, and her hair tied in a ponytail. She rushed down the flight of stairs, calling out to her son, "Tadhg boy where have you been all day!? There was that book, and that note, what on earth did you mean?" She demanded as she embraced her son

"Mum, the grandma from the hallow is coming in an hour." At this statement, his Mother went wide-eyed in amazement. The servants looked at each other in confusion.

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Right on time the old woman came driving a small pony cart up to the gates. The pony was small and fuzzy, and looked like it might have never seen a brush before this day but it did as she ordered, and trotted through the gates and up to the front door. She had to accept help from one of the foot men to climb out and then told the servants to just let the pony graze and not to bother him too much. She hobbled up to the front door and into they entry explaining her reason for being their and that the young lord and his mother should be waiting for her.
The servant who met the elderly woman at the door led her inside into the parlor. Inside The Findely Mother and her Son were patiently seated in lavish red cushioned chairs, with a vacant seat for the Old Woman. A silver tea set sat upon a table between the three chairs, with the Mother and her Son silently drinking a warm brew,

"Please have a seat. Anything with your tea? Sugar, jam, milk?" the Middle aged-woman asked politely. Tadhg avoided eye contact, still thoroughly embarrassed from the scene this morning, "I suppose you already know who I am, and my son. Still as courtesy I must introduce ourselves. I am Margaret Findely, and this is my son, Tadhg Findely."

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
"Lady Findley, Young Lord Findley," the woman bowed her head politely as she leaned on her staff. She walked slowly over and pulled a small jar out of her hand bag offering it to lady Findley, "Lady, I've heard of your troubles sleeping at night. My darling grandchild mix this at my request, a single cup of this should ease your mind so you might properly rest for the night." Once the lady took the tea the elderly woman hobbled over to the other seat and settled herself into it tiredly, "I am Grace Ashley, owner and leader of the Hallow. I thank you for the warm welcome into your home, it has been a long time since a member of the Hallow entered this castle in peace. May I ask after the heal of your husband?" She looked to the tea set, and gave a kind smile, "You must for give me, but an old lady like me, must watch her caffeine intake... If I might I have a cup of hot water? I have a blackberry tea that is very good for my health."
Lady Findely mostioned to a nearby servant to fetch the Elder woman to fetch her hot water, "Well, considering the...relationship our family and your coven has, I felt it in everyone's best interest to ensure your visit here is a pleasant one." she responded, donning a smile. Tadhg himself was still silent, and merely gazed at the elder woman with unblinking eyes.

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
"Please, we prefer the term Hallow, coven implies witches. Specifically we are not witches, we have more in common with druids than witches," Grace then nodded, "And you are correct about our past..." She accepted the hot water, and pulled a tiny linen bag from her hand page. She placed it in the water and the room quickly filled with the scent of blackberries, "Unfortunately, I've not come to speak of good things..." Grace seemed to be choosing her words very carefully, "First I must apologize to you young Lord Findley, for Ann's behavior... My younger sister is very protective of our next generation... Mostly because we lost her mother... My daughter, in such a cruel way. I will revoke her ruling of your presence around Andie, you may see her any time you wish. I do however have stipulations. You may not come into the Hallow again, unless I invite you, and you may not speak of your reincarnation around her. Andie is not the sister the Findley son betrayed, she is her own person. I will not have her heart fouled by this business."
"My apologies" Margaret responded, taking another sip of her tea. The two Findely's sat patiently as they listened to the Woman's requests. AT this point' Tadhg's eyes were centered at the floor. His Mother had to snap her fingers to get the Young Man to pay attention. When everything was said and done, The Elder Findely Woman asked, "This is acceptable, do you agree Tadhg?"

The youth simply nodded, "Yeah"

"Excellent, anything else you need Madam? Feel free to stay longer if you wish, I'm sure you are tired after your long journey."

Magic Hunter

17,075 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
"Yes... There is a final thing," Grace said she looked firmly at Tadhg, "I wish to know what truly happened. Not to my grand daughter. I want to hear from the man who was there, What did you do to the sister that was betrayed? What was so horrible that the hallow would rather than negating the curse one of their sisters placed on your family, they merely edited it? They wanted you to suffer for what you did. They wanted your entire family to suffer. Why? We are not witches. We do not place curses lightly, yet we did."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff