Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Sinestro took the apple and smiled a little, before watching her vanish into another room. Hal and Sinestro were left out in the living room, alone, and Sinestro found it terribly awkward. They didn't look at one another, Hal getting another slice of pizza while Sinestro looked at the apple. It did look familiar to him- it reminded him of a few of the fruits he had seen on Els, as well as some from his own world. He sighed to himself, moving it to his lips to take a bite right as the women came out again. He turned his head over his shoulder, looking at the woman.

He dropped the apple.

"Wow!" Hal hummed, "you could pass for a rockin human! We'll have to find a way to get Sinestro passable- right now I think he would be a little too sunburnt." He chuckled and moved to finish his pizza, before turning his attention to Carol. "You did a great job picking clothes for her! She looks great."

"Easy there, Jordan," Sinestro grumped, before getting up and moving over to Ceraphel, "that's my lady you're commenting on." He moved his hands around her waist, smiling as he pulled her closer to his body. "You look amazing," he told her, "I'm sure I'm going to have to work very hard to get the boys away from you on this trip. They'll have to learn I'm not willing to share." He smiled and looked her over, pleased by what he saw. Whether she looked human or not didn't really mean anything to him- he just knew that she looked good.

Hal smiled- he was happy to see Sinestro seemed to be relaxing a little bit, though he suspected that had been the plan the whole time.

It wasn't long after that when another knock came to the door. Hal answered right away, and Soranik joined their little gathering. She smiled at them and offered her greetings, before looking over at Ceraphel and Sinestro. "Wow! I know you haven't been here long and they already have you dressing like a whole different person!" She laughed lightly, "you look great! Sorry I took so long- I had one more patient to see to after Sinestro."

"Sinestro was at the hospital on Oa? Everything alright?" Hal asked, though he assumed it had been because of the whole 'mini-coma' thing.

"Yup, just fine," Soranik replied, "and ready for a nice vacation! So am I." Sinestro grunted, but didn't say anything, smiling faintly to himself.

It was kind of nice, seeing everyone together. He hadn't realized he had so many people in his life until that moment. Not long ago, there hadn't been anyone.

✘ ✘ ✘
User Image User Image User Image
In blackest day, in brightest night,
Beware your fears made into light
Let those who try to stop what's right,
Burn like my power... Sinestro's might!

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
When it seemed like Sinestro liked what she was wearing, and loosened up because of it, Ceraphel was glad she had gone for the leather pants. She moved easily into his arms, laughing softly when Sinestro warned Hal that she belonged to him. Her arms went around his waist, as it was easier than his broad shoulders, so that she could let him hold her close. There was also a certain pleasure in wearing things he liked to see her in. Because it meant that his eyes were on her, and she could feel the love in him that way.

Carol nodded her approval, "I figured I'd get her a variety of things. I know what she likes to wear at home, but this isn't home, so I got her something a little more modern. She'll blend in really well."

Ceraphel shook her head, "Well, those other men don't interest me. How could they when I have you? But thank you, I'm glad you like it."

She snuck a kiss as Hal was answering the door, and Soranik walked in, their little group as complete as it could be. Saint Walker and some other blues might have been a nice edition, but they tended to stay on their idyllic planet. Not that Ceraphel could blame them. So she walked over to Soranik and kissed her cheek gently in welcome, then moved back to Sinestro's side, her arm around the back of his waist, covertly taking one of his hands and allowing it to slide down the smooth leather encasing one curve of her a**.

"I thought I should do my best to blend in and Carol's helped me with that," Ceraphel explained.

Carol smiled at Soranik, "I got a few things for you as well, but I'm thinking you and Sinestro should just go out the way you are. Sure, neither of you look human, but this planet is getting used to alien beings. If nothing else, we can go downtown, where you won't even be close to the weirdest thing we'll see."

Ceraphel squeezed Sinestro a bit, "Or I could try using violet energy. The light refraction would allow me to change what people see of your skin pigment. But only if you want to try or think it's necessary. I, of course, like you the way you are."
User Image

Hal was happy to see Ceraphel and Soranik seemed to be getting along very well from the greeting- he was glad that the woman had helped the green lantern accept her father a bit more, too. Though by the time Ceraphel got back over to Sinestro, the white lantern looked like he had suddenly gotten a lot more red. He had no idea, of course, that Ceraphel had allowed him to touch her a**. "You alright Sinestro?" He asked innocently enough.

"Fine," Barked Sinestro.

"I don't think the ring could accurately alter our appearance, since it only displays things in violet," Soranik said with a shrug of her shoulders, "I don't mind going just as I am- I doubt it matters. I used to live on this planet for a little while and I never really had a problem with it even though I'm this red color."

"Then we won't worry about it too much," Sinestro commented with a nod, "I certainly don't feel any real need to hide what I look like."

"That sounds about right for you," Hal chuckled, though put his hands up when Sinestro glared at him, "just kidding, just kidding! Well, why don't we go shopping then? We'll pick up some stuff for Sinestro and show you guys around our lovely city. I think it's a nice easy way to open the first day of your vacation here!" There would be plenty of time for antics later- for things like Disney world and egypt. He didn't want to go rushing into things and wear them out too quickly.

He was excited, but not so much so that he was going to blow his one chance of maybe getting a little closer to sinestro. To be friends with him, like they had once been.

Soranik smiled. "I like that idea. I haven't been here before, though I was on earth, so I would really enjoy looking around. Carol, you said I could wear something?" She moved over to Carol and then went into the other room, looking to get herself dressed in some more human clothes.

"Sorry Sinestro," Hal chuckled, "you're, like, several inches taller then me, so nothing I have is really going to fit you. But we'll get something for you to change into when we're down there."

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
Ceraphel found herself grinning when Sinestro blushed, and she leaned up to kiss his cheek after he replied to Hal's innocent inquiry with a borderline rude answer. It was so much fun to find new things that unsettled him. She leaned against him again, smiling a bit.

"I have been looking forward to this since the idea popped into my head," she admitted. "I always have liked coming to different planets and looking around, trying the foods, just getting to know the place."

Carol took Soranik off to the spare room and got her something to wear while Ceraphel nodded to Hal, approving of his plans for the day. She smiled up at Sinestro, liking how much taller he was than her. Or Hal for that matter. It was part of his appeal, as was the fact that she knew he was probably thinking about things that were for her ears only and not for public discussion. The leather pants were definitely coming home with her. She would ask Carol if she needed to be reimbursed for them.

"I was hoping we would get a chance to just get our bearings. That way we can be useful if something comes up, or if we just want to head out on our own for a while. I can't imagine you want to spend every waking moment with us. Besides, it's a beautiful city. I want to take it all in. Especially the beach. I know we just went to a tropical world for a vacation, but I don't know if I'll ever not love the beach."

She was enjoying the thought of having time with Sinestro where he could be surrounded by people who liked him. Carol had come around, and even if she had not really professed liking him, then it was at least mutual respect, and that would be good for him too. She was also kind of looking forward to going shopping for clothing for him. He always seemed to adapt so well to other clothing, and she liked to see him in something other than his lantern uniform.

"We should definitely go shopping though. I probably enjoy it more than I should."
User Image

Hal chuckled lightly. "A little shopping, then maybe we can look around for a bit. You two can even go off on your own if you like. Not like you can't fly your way back here if you get lost on the streets." He liked the idea of just spending the time around the city. it wasn't the best tourist spot, but they had all the time in the world for moving on to other places. He smiled and watched as Ceraphel and Sinestro remained close to one another, Sinestro wrapping his arms around her and leaning down a little to tell her something naughty that he was thinking about. No doubt it was about her in those pants, and how he might have to work to get them off.

When Soranik joined them, she was wearing something much less alluring than ceraphel. But the jeans and shirt would do well enough- at least the top seemed to be fashionable. But she wasn't looking to impress anyone. They all had their dates, it seemed, but she was happy being alone.

Finding another boyfriend, especially after Kyle, was not on her to-do list.

"Alright. Why don't we just take it easy and get to know the city for a little while? We could meet up for dinner, if we split up. We can hunt down Sinestro's clothing first, and see what we might like to do from there."

"Alright," Sinestro sighed, "though I'm not sure why it's so important I get clothes. My uniform has served me well enough so far and I don't think it really matters if I just continue to wear it."

"If I have to see that bright white uniform everyday I might go blind," Hal complained, "just let us dress you up all nice and pretty, alright? Promise I won't let them get you a dress." Sinestro eyed the lantern, but seemed to lack the fight needed to oppose the idea any further.

"Fine," he chuckled faintly, "let's be on our way. I certainly love shopping." His voice couldn't have had more sarcasm in it.

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
Ceraphel smiled up at him with a saucy grin and shrugged a bit as if she were considering what he said, and would let him know later if she thought it was a good idea or not. Carol held back a soft sigh, since she was glad that Ceraphel was happy, that Sinestro was no longer lurking around and trying to kill people in his own brand of justice, and that they seemed to be truly in love. But she understood looking at them exactly what she was missing out on, and while she loved Hal, she knew that it was impossible for them to be together they way they were. There was some jealousy there, but more of it was pleasure at seeing her friend happy.

She had helped Soranik choose some of the clothing, and admittedly, did not push her toward anything particularly sexy. That had been to quietly irritate Sinestro. Ceraphel was going to get more than a few glances when she went outside in her casually sensual outfit, and it would irritate him to the point that he would probably lose his temper. It was a little amusing. If nothing else, it would make him kind of grumpy and while she respected him for what he was trying to do, she also still got some pleasure out of the idea of harassing him.

When Sinestro protested getting clothing, Ceraphel shook her head a bit, "I think the uniform would also throw people off. We're trying to blend in a bit. Sure, it's a working vacation, but it's a vacation."

He gave in when Hal harassed him, and she was glad she was going to get to see Sinestro in something other than the clothing he wore at home or his uniform. It always made Ceraphel curious when the situation came up to see him in something else. It had been fun to get him clothing on her own planet, and it promised to be fun on Earth. They left Hal's apartment and she was overly excited to try his vehicle with the wheels that touched the ground. Granted, it was primitive compared to the hovering vehicles of her own planet, but it was fun none the less.

Carol suggested they go to a few stand alone stores, and Ceraphel was pleased to simply hold Sinestro's hand as they arrived where they were going to go shopping and to take in everything about Coast City. Carol had been right. More than a few human men had eyes wandering toward her gentle curves encased in leather, and how casually she wore it. Ceraphel pretended not to notice, she was far more interested in her lover and far less in other humans.

"So what kind of clothing do you think you'll like?" she asked him.
User Image

Sinestro wasn't particularly annoyed with the looks Ceraphel was getting, mostly because he was getting some of the same himself. Beyond that, it was something that was more than a little normal for them, all things considered. After all, they went planet to planet in skin-tight uniforms on a daily basis. It wasn't really that different, aside from the thought that it was no longer because she had to and more because she wanted to.

He wasn't going to complain if she wanted to look good- he was happy she was having. Even if he had to glare at the odd man, it really wasn't going to be enough to send him completely over the edge. If he caught Hal looking at her, maybe.

Hal was looking forward to doing some shopping. He stated near Carol and Soranik, while Sinestro and Ceraphel were together. Mostly, he was happy to see Sinestro in another environment. It was almost like having his old friend back, though he knew those old hostilities and the betrayed trust between them would likely bubble to the surface at some point. There was too much history to pretend everything was fine. That was probably true with Carol, too. He loved her and she knew it, but he wasn't the kind of man who could really be there for her- be everything she wanted him to be. He was kind of a spaz and kind of annoying. He spent too much time in space and he didn't focus on his life enough. He was reckless.

All these things he knew. But that didn't mean he didn't still want to be with her.

Soranik, meanwhile, was asking Hal all about how earth was doing and where they would be going. She was excited to be there, it seemed, and it was nice seeing that she actually wanted to spend time with her father. And not just to make sure he didn't do too much to upset his heart.

Sinestro spent a little while picking out clothes, letting the others butt in, pretty much because he had no choice in the matter, to pick out some things they wanted to see him in. Nothing overly colorful or against his style, but still. He wanted them to feel like he was trying. Once he had some clothes, he took a moment to change into one of the outfits- just black pants and a long-sleeve shirt.

It was simple, but the shirt fit well and made him look rather sophisticated.

With the clothing picked, Sinestro turned to look at the others. "Alright, that's out of the way. I suppose we can look around more at leisure."

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
While he tried on clothing, Ceraphel was tempted to slip into the changing room with him, but there were a lot of their friends around. He would just have to wait until they got somewhere quiet to have that kind of fun. Hopefully Hal had earplugs. When Sinestro found clothing he liked, they left the shop and headed out into the city and sure, they got some odd looks, but then those odd ones switched over into something more appealing, and those were easy enough to ignore. Ceraphel could admit that he looked rather handsome in his Earth clothing.

They walked down the busy street of the downtown area, shops lining the asphalt and concrete, when she saw a small stand sitting there with shirts to buy, the man behind the counter of the stand shouting to get attention to his wares. Ceraphel would have ignored him, except she saw something that caught her eye and she smiled brightly, pulling Sinestro with her over to the stand.

"The lovely lady has a good eye!" the salesman said, obviously trying to make a sale.

Ceraphel ignored him, because she had been drawn to a group of shirts that, surprisingly, had the symbols of the lantern corps on them. Each of the better-known corps were represented. Green, blue, red, yellow, indigo, and violet. Somehow, it did not surprise her that orange and Larfleeze were not represented. But she reached out to touch one of the ones with the Star Sapphire symbol on it. It felt strangely reverent, to touch something that normal people wanted to wear at all times that bore the symbol of her corps.

Carol came up behind them, "Fan t-shirts. I highly doubt they know what all of those mean, but they saw them on people fighting, at one time or another, for Earth, and put them on shirts. Not bad, actually. Some of them can get pretty cheap."

"No cheap shirts here!" the salesman added. "One hundred percent cotton, pre-shrunk, all silkscreened. Perfect for anyone who is a lantern fan after what they've done to help us!"

Smiling, Ceraphel looked the Star Sapphire shirt over again and glanced at Sinestro, "I want one. I would wear it proudly. Make it two. I can wear a larger one to sleep in at home."
User Image

Sinestro hadn't noticed the stand at all, until Ceraphel was tugging on his arm to get him to go over to it with her. He complied, following her over to the booth while ignoring the overly friendly tone of the shirt salesperson. He arched his eyebrow when he saw the shirts. He understood them wanting to celebrate some of the other colors, but why did his corps have a shirt? He had done nothing on his time of earth, previously, beyond attacking the place! He was only known for causing chaos. Yet there was his emblem on various colored shirts, which confused him epically. It wasn't like he ran around pretending to be a 'hero' like Hal did on earth.

He did not see any reason for his corps to be idolized.

Carol explained the need to put things on shirts, but Sinestro still didn't really get it. "Humans are very strange," he commented, "to wear things they don't even fully understand just because it is visually appealing to them." He sighed faintly and watched as Ceraphel took interest in the shirts. Hal chuckled as he came up behind them, patting Sinestro lightly on the shoulder.

"Don't worry about it. Also: Try to cut down on all the 'human' talk, alright? It doesn't really help your blending in if you're always commenting on how you're not human. We'll get you a blue lantern one- you'll like that, right?" He teased lightly, though took his hand off Sinestro's shoulder when the man glared at him. Still amused, he continued to chuckle as he watched Ceraphel pick out some for herself. "Get one for Sinestro, too," he hummed, "since he's all lovey dovey now, it makes sense he should have his own Star sapphire shirt!"

Sinestro frowned again, but it seemed Hal wasn't remotely bothered with his opinion on the matter. Even his daughter was amused by the whole thing, picking up a Sinestro Corps shirt.

"This is probably as close as I'll ever be to joining your corps," she teased her father lightly, "I think I'll get one to sleep in, too!"

Hal laughed again. "I have a couple at home already. Green ones, of course. Can't help myself!" He watched them pay for their shirts, totally glad they had found the booth. Of course there were lots of stores and kiosks that had lantern merchandise in them- he was something of a celebrity in his home town. And that made Sinestro famous by extension. He had been the man Hal had always fought off. So of course he had been seen once or twice. Playing into the moment, Hal moved over to Ceraphel and loudly whispered, so Sinestro could hear him, that there were also dolls of Sinestro in some of the stores.

Sinestro's ears twitched, his expression a flat one.

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
Ceraphel picked up a couple more. One for Sinestro in the Star Sapphire pattern, one in yellow, because as little as Sinestro wanted to associate with his corps, they were still his. And then one in green because Sinestro had been a green lantern as well. Amusement on her face, she picked up a blue one for Saint Walker, knowing he would enjoy having it, even if he did not wear it. The shirts were put into a bag for her, and the man behind the counter began charging her full price for them all. Smiling slightly, she glanced at the bag.

"Actually, I think you're going to give us a deal. I think because we're buying so many from you that you're going to discount the price."

The salesman looked wary, and she shrugged, "Or we could go get them somewhere else."

He lifted his hands, "Okay, okay, five off per shirt?"

It evened out to a free shirt, basically, so Ceraphel nodded, "I think that sounds fair."

Carol, amused, helped her with the cash that she had with her so that Ceraphel could get a handle on the system. It was odd to not just use her card, but if this was the way that Earth did things, she was going to get used to it while they were there. When she had her bag, she smiled and turned back to Sinestro, leaning up to kiss his cheek gently, if only to silently thank him for putting up with her desire to have something so frivolous.

"You're doing just fine. Ignore Hal."

When Hal leaned over to tell her that there were dolls available, her expression brightened even more so than it was before. The idea of having a Sinestro doll made her delightfully giddy and she nodded.

"I need one."

She smiled up at Sinestro, "Don't be upset. Nobody is ever going to make dolls that look like me. I know it's silly but I just want to have one."

Taking Sinestro's hand again, she nodded to Hal, "Lead the way."

Carol moved to walk next to Ceraphel, "We just need to get you on the evening news here. Then you'll have your own doll within a few weeks. But don't get too excited, they're not that flattering. They tend to...exaggerate certain features."

Ceraphel laughed softly, "I don't want one of me. But I like the idea that there's some of people I know."

Another store they walked to had the dolls, and Ceraphel was enchanted. But she could see why Carol would call some of the dolls unflattering. The ones of her, known on this planet as Star Sapphire, were obviously enhancing the bust area as if that were her only feature. Ceraphel picked up a Sinestro one and was looking it over, amused that they had him looking so evil. She knew him much better as the sweet man that she loved who grumbled a bit. But it was not going to stop her from getting one. It was amazing to see him as a doll.

While she was busy with the dolls, a child with someone else in the shop came over to look at them as well, and glanced up at Sinestro. The little boy, maybe seven or so, walked over to him and tugged on the sleeve of his shirt to try and get his attention, "You're not doing it right. If you're Sinestro, you have to wear the yellow suit. That's not his costume at all."

Ceraphel was glad she was facing the shelves, because she was trying so hard to hold in laughter that her shoulders were quaking with the effort.
User Image

The white lanterns sighed faintly, watching as Ceraphel bought quite a few shirts. It looked like she was getting some for other people, not just herself and him. He supposed that was something to consider- there were probably people on her planet, like her uncle and other friends she might have had, and the lanterns they had become friends with in the various corps, too.

It seemed like the trip could get expensive, but he had a lot of human money from his time working, briefly, with Lex Luthor, so there was no real reason not to put it to some use. Of course, whenever Hal offered to pay, he wasn't going to deny him.

The human probably didn't know he actually had a fair bit of money.

Of course Ceraphel wanted to see a doll of him- he imagined he would have been just as excited to know she had a doll of her somewhere, if only for the teasing value. She told him not to get angry and he let out a scoff.

"I'm not angry," he said with a grumpy tone, letting her drag him off to the next store all the same. Really, he wasn't angry. It was nice seeing her so excited and he was enjoying himself, even if he looked cranky while he was doing it. The others seemed to get that, and no one made a fuss about his mood. He enjoyed things in his own way.

It was nice they knew enough about him to know the difference between him being really angry and him just being grumpy.

Hal and Soranik were amused by the small boy as well, the both of them looking at one another before turning immediately away so as not to laugh out loud. Hal moved to look at some other random trinkets, while Soranik picked up a Sinestro plush toy that looked down right adorable and cranky. She smiled. It wasn't like she was going to find a doll of herself there, and having something she could punch if she ever got mad at him again wouldn't be so bad, she imagined. Or maybe she just wanted more things that reminded her of her father, she really couldn't say. But she was having fun and that was really all that mattered.

Smiling, she looked at Sinestro with the young boy again.

Sinestro had knelt down to look at the boy, offering him a thoughtful frown. "I suppose you're right," he told the boy absently, just going along with it since it would have been very cruel of him to get mad at a child. Anyway, he liked children, even if they could be somewhat annoying at times. "but I have the skin down at least, don't I?" He asked lightly, "and the eyes. The eyes are very important too." Not to mention the mustache, but he imagined children weren't very interested in facial hair. He smiled faintly at the kid and ruffled his hair a bit.

"You better get back to your mother. I'm sure she wouldn't want you talking to Sinestro!"

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
Ceraphel turned to watch as Sinestro interacted with the child. It made her smile, knowing that he could deal with the blameless candor of children with compassion and genuine charm. The boy who had told him his costume was wrong looked Sinestro over carefully, as if he were giving him a real assessment of what he had already done for the outfit, and then gave him an approving nod.

"Yeah, those parts are good. Just need the right suit."

Turning, the boy ran off without a goodbye to find his parents again, and Ceraphel walked over to Sinestro, cuddling one of the plush dolls. She had really wanted the whole set, with Hal and Carol, but she figured that was probably pushing it. The figurine and the plush doll would be enough. She leaned up and pressed a kiss against his mouth with a smile.

"That was very sweet of you. Also, you have the height and the build to be a perfect Sinestro, in my humble opinion."

She drew him away from their place in the aisle to a more quiet corner and she grinned up at him, "Grumble at me. It goes with my new mini Sinestro. But someone should tell them that the right color isn't yellow any more, it's white."

Showing him the plush toy, she laughed softly, "Though I'd much rather have the real thing to hold."

Carol had been listening, and she was more than a little amused by the suggestion that Sinestro's costume was not right to be him. But he was nice to kids and that was surprising. She had been ready for him to just stalk away from the boy or worse. Then again, she was always expecting the worst from Sinestro, if only because she had known what he was capable of. It was hard to remember he had changed. It also seemed to have charmed Ceraphel, who was sneaking off into a quiet corner of the store so that she could kiss him and probably whisper other sweet nothings to him.

Wandering over to Hal, she picked up one of the plush dolls of him and gave it a toss in the air, catching it, "I'm surprised you don't have one of these on your bed. Also, I was thinking we could take them to the airfield and show them around. I doubt he'll like it, but Ceraphel and Soranik might want to go up in one of the new planes."
User Image

Sinestro returned the kiss, smiling at the woman. "I suppose it really is proof that I'm no longer the fear lantern I used to be, if not even children find me intimidating." He hadn't really thought about it, but the way everyone used to avoid him seemed to be fading away. That inherent fear of him had vanished, though he hadn't really paid much attention to it. When had that happened? Because he had fallen in love, or because he just wasn't using his yellow ring anymore? He wasn't always giving off an energy of fear around his body. Well, whatever it was, he supposed it wasn't horrible.

He followed her to their quieter corner, smiling at her even while she held some silly toys of him in her arms. "I don't know if anyone is going to be making dolls of me with the white uniform," he chuckled faintly, "now that I'm not constantly known as the rival, I will probably fade from their popular culture in no time." And he wasn't terribly upset about that, either.

He wasn't sure he liked seeing shirts and dolls and toys of him, though he supposed it wasn't uncommon. When he had been a hero of Korugar, before taking things too far, they had made all kinds of things to celebrate him. Perhaps they had made toys, too. He had never really checked. As a kid, he liked building blocks. That was really it.

He didn't know what kids liked these days.

Meanwhile, Hal laughed at Carol's comment. "What makes you so sure I don't have one?' He replied easily enough, "but you're right, I think the girls might like seeing where you work, and the jets, too. Of course I would be happy to give them a ride. Sinestro... well... he's blown enough of them up to know how they work, so I'm not sure he would be impressed. Still, I'm sure we could find something for him to do, too. As long as he doesn't break anymore of them."

Soranik bought her plush, as well as a few gifts for some of the lanterns she worked with on Oa. They would enjoy the treats from earth, no doubt. And if she got it out of the way early she wouldn't have to worry about it anymore on the trip.

It would have been a hassle to stress about gifts at the end of the trip.

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
"If it helps, I'm sure some of the neighbors are still scared of you," Ceraphel said, teasing him a bit.

She was delighted to get her figurine and her plush toy, and she shrugged a bit, "I'm not sure I want anyone else having toys of white lantern Sinestro. That's one that I'm quite content to keep to myself. They can have their toys, I get the real thing, which is infinitely better. Besides, mine grumbles at me when it frowns."

Carol thought quietly for a moment, "Maybe he'd like to design something himself. You can take Cera and Soranik up in one of the jets and I'll set him loose in the design department with a drafting computer and a budget. I'm sure he could make something interesting for under twenty grand, and then I can just put it in my private collection after fabrication. Nobody needs to know it was designed by alien hands."

She gave the Green Lantern plush a squeeze, "I don't know, maybe he'll look good on my couch. Then again, it'll be nice to have a copy of you I can punch in frustration when you're being irritating and then not feel bad after I do it."

Wandering off, she bought herself the plush, if only because it amused her to have one.

At the back of the store, Ceraphel took Sinestro's hand and drifted through the store with him until it seemed like it was time to go. She was appreciatively grateful when he bought her the toys, and held onto her two bags, if only because it would be rude to expect him to carry the bags. Of course, she could have just stored them in a pocket of space, but she liked the weight of the bags in her hand. It reminded her that they were somewhere new, somewhere to explore.

It did not escape her that he was doing this for her. If he had not cared about her feelings, they would have never come to Earth. Ceraphel kept that deep down inside so she could remember to do something extra nice for him. Maybe one of those massages he liked so well, right in bed so he could just fall asleep without having to get up and go to bed afterward. It would be a good start. Her ring pulsed as she felt the wellspring of love inside overflowingly full and Carol turned to glance at her.

Ceraphel smiled somewhat sheepishly, "I can't help it sometimes."

Carol smiled a bit and shook her head, but she promised herself to give Sinestro less of a hard time on occasion. It was because of him that the Star Sapphires were going in a new direction, a far more positive one. Now that the focus was shifting, it opened them up to a whole new group of potential lanterns. New ones had been popping up almost immediately, and like the other more experienced Star Sapphires, she had brought them to meet Ceraphel, since that was what the Zamarons thought was best in their stewardship of the corps.

Walking down the sidewalk with Sinestro, Ceraphel looked around at the buildings, until her stomach growled and she realized how that one slice of pizza had done very little to curb her appetite. And if she were hungry, Sinestro had to be starving. So she spoke up first, to make certain he would get a good meal.

"Hal, I'm getting hungry. We should find somewhere to have dinner."
User Image

Hal chuckled about the doll some more until everyone had finished all their purchases, then he left the store with the rest of the group. He was the only one who hadn't bought anything, it seemed, but he went to these stores all the time so it was hardly a surprise. Even Carol didn't come to these places as often as she ought too. Generally, she was too busy with her work and the Star Sapphires. He didn't really have a job outside of being a lantern, especially with him no longer working for Carol. One day he would have to do something about that.

But he kind of liked being primarily a lantern- he was the leader of the green lanterns, after all! He had a lot to do in a day.

And yet he had no problem goofing off with them. Naturally.

When Ceraphel said she was hungry, he nodded. "Right! Let's find somewhere nice to eat, then! Carol should have all the best places down- she has a lot more high powered business deals to get through than I do, so she's learned all the nice places!" He grinned at the woman, though he was curious to know what that look had been between the two women. It seemed like they had been doing something concerning their rings, but he really didn't know. He couldn't feel love like the star sapphires.

Soranik, meanwhile, perked up at the idea of food. "I could eat, too," she hummed lightly, before looking at her father. "When was the last time you had anything to eat, Sinestro?" She asked lightly.

"Not since before the coma," Sinestro replied honestly, if only because lying would definitely ruin the mood. Not that telling the truth seemed to make her very happy, either. Maybe he should have eaten that apple earlier, instead of just dropping it when ceraphel in leather walked out.

"Then we definitely need to find somewhere to eat," Soranik sighed, looking at Carol, "lead the way! Since three of us don't really know that much about human food, you guys are totally in charge on this one." She smiled warmly, though she was more concerned about Sinestro's health than what kind of food they ate. As long as it was something.

Sinestro wasn't sure what they were going to end up eating, but he hoped it looked better than pizza.

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash