Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
Closing the refrigerator, Ceraphel walked over to him and put her hand against his forehead, frowning with worry. She checked his color, but he was as red as usual. It never occurred to her that he was feeling off because she had not been right there when he woke. Instead, she worried about him in general.

Her hand came to rest gently on his chest, "Is your heart feeling okay? Any pain or strange throbbing?"

Shaking her head, she brushed some hair behind one ear, "You didn't interrupt anything important. I guess Aga ' po decided all new violet lanterns had to come meet me. None of this has been fun. Several Star Sapphires have shown up here, mostly to see if you were awake yet. They didn't like the idea of me being alone, as if I could be with you around."

Ceraphel looked up at him when he mentioned going to see Soranik, taking his hand gently, "May I come along? "

Somehow, she felt if she should ask him politely, as if there was something wrong, but she had no idea if she had done anything to upset him. There was just something between them, a wall that was of her unknown making. Ceraphel just wanted to be close to him, to forget responsibility if they were together.

"I'll stay behind if you'd rather go alone, but I want to spend time with you. These last four days have been very quiet. It was like when you leave to work..."
User Image

"Seemed like fun," he commented, though he hadn't really thought he would say it out loud. It had just slipped out while he was feeling just a little bit bitter. He sighed softly, and nodded when she asked if he could come along. He could tell from her voice that she was concerned about him, and he probably wasn't making things better with his strange mood. If anything, he was making it worse because she clearly didn't know why he was angry and he didn't really want to be the one to explain it to her. It was a little embarrassing.

"Come on, let's go." He told her faintly, before moving to get himself off to Oa. His white uniform took over and he was out without much trouble, though he made sure to leave the house first, so he didn't crash through anymore ceilings.

The trip to Oa was silent, but he didn't mind. He needed the time to think and try to make some sense of things.

Once they arrived, he went right to the hospital, where Soranik was ready and waiting for them. Of course, she was happy to see them both, as she had been expecting Ceraphel to join them. "Hello father, come on, I'm ready for you now. You can come in too, Ceraphel." She smiled and let them come into the examination room, where she quickly got to work checking up on Sinestro. She used her ring to run all the tests she thought she might need, asking him questions about how long he had been asleep, anything he might have remembered, like waking up, and how what had happened before he had gone to sleep. He told her about the attack, and going into the power battery. About all the white energy he had used, too.

After about an hour, Soranik let out a sigh, taking a step back from her father. "Well, it seems to me that you're alright," she chuckled faintly, "there's no indication of any long-term damage to your heart. But you have to be more careful. Your body is not what it used to be- you know how easily hearts from transplants can fail. If you want to live more than a year, you're going to have to re-think how much stress you put on yourself. This could happen again, and who knows what may happen as a result. Have you even been taking your medication?" She looked at Ceraphel at that one, if only because she knew he wouldn't answer her.

"I'm fine," Sinestro replied, "I guess I really was just tired."

"You need to take things down a notch. I know it's hard for you to accept, but that's how it is now. You can't keep doing this to yourself." Sinestro sighed as she spoke, making her frown. "I'm serious, you! You just took a vacation and look how quickly you ruined it! Ceraphel, you have to make him relax more. If he just give himself a heart attack, he make his new heart go running out of his chest!"

"You're being dramatic," the lantern scoffed.

"I'm being serious! The next time you use too much power, you could end up in a coma! four days was bad enough- what if it's weeks? Months? What if your heart fails again? How many times do I have to tell you to take care of yourself before you get it?"

"I came here, didn't I?" Huffed Sinestro quickly.

✘ ✘ ✘
User Image User Image User Image
In blackest day, in brightest night,
Beware your fears made into light
Let those who try to stop what's right,
Burn like my power... Sinestro's might!

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
Sinestro's attitude suddenly hit her like a ton of bricks. He was upset that she was not more upset over how long he had slept. Ceraphel felt guilty, as if she had been having a party while he was sick or something. Maybe he was right. Maybe she should have put lantern duties on hold while he was resting. She promised herself that she would apologize to him later, though recently it felt like she was always the one apologizing. It just made her question what was wrong with her, what she was doing to really make him so upset.

They headed to Oa, and she just thought about how she could make things up to him while they flew there, removing the cape from her uniform, as it felt like it would just be rubbing it in his face if she wore it. She had a smile for Soranik, but not the usual bright one that she managed. It was a little strained, but that was because she was still feeling the cold shoulder he had been giving her since he woke up. But it warmed her heart that Soranik called him "Father" instead of "Sinestro". It meant that she had meddled in just the right way for once.

In the examination room, she made herself a chair and sat down, her legs curled under her body in the round, pillowy construct she had made. Now was definitely not the time to mention to him that she had gone ahead with their plans and had spoken to Hal about the working vacation to Earth. He would probably take it as her trying to tell him what to do, and that was not what she was trying to do at all. Maybe she would end up just going alone on that trip. Going to see things. Letting Thaal do what he wanted. Her heart ached, thinking that her new powers were going to tear them apart.

Ceraphel was so caught up in her own thoughts that she barely realized that Soranik had been talking to her. Glancing up, she nodded, "As far as I know he is."

Most of the time she would have made some kind of joke, something to lighten the air and remind Sinestro that she teased him because she loved him. But she just did not have it in her currently. So she reached up and fiddled with the braid over her shoulder, waiting for a moment before she spoke softly.

"He's trying to take care of himself. It's my fault he pushed himself, but I'm sure he's going to keep trying to take care of himself."

She attempted a smile for him, but she did not manage it this time, and she turned away from them, heading for the door, "I'll be waiting outside when you're done."
User Image

Ceraphel left the room and Soranik instantly looked at her father, glaring daggers at him. "Now what did you do to her?" She snapped.

"I didn't do anything!" protested the lantern sharply, but lowly, "I woke up after being unconscious for four days and she was outside having a tea party with some Star Sapphires!" Soranik narrowed her eyes at her father, slapping him with the paperwork she had been reading from his test results.

"Grow up- people deal with worry in their own ways, you know that. Not everyone rushes off to murder people."

"Not fair," Sinestro snapped back, "and I know that. But I also know how Ceraphel worries about people- she didn't seem to slightest bit concerned! And you know how upset she was without her ring. It's not unreasonable for me to think that she's so wrapped up in her powers that she-"

"Forget that line of thinking right now, Sinestro. You and I both know she wouldn't be a Star Sapphire in the first place if she was so quick to toss love aside in the first place!" She sighed, rubbing her temples, "you're such an idiot. You're going to make her upset because you wanted her to show more concern for you making another mistake and having to recover from it? You were the one who pushed yourself too hard. Don't expect pity for it! And don't blame Ceraphel, either. Geez, you're such a child in the emotion department!"

"...." Sinestro frowned and looked down at the ground. His daughter sighed.

Soranik shook her head, patting Sinestro's shoulder. "You love her and you're scared because it's new for you. So you make dumb choices. So does she. She loved you and she loves her ring, so maybe sometimes it's hard for her to pick between the two. But you're both growing together, so that kind of thing is going to happen. Don't push her away because something upsets you- just tell her about it. Maybe this trip to earth will help you with that."

"... what trip to earth?"

"... Oops."

Soranik sent Sinestro out at that, the lantern meeting up with Ceraphel pretty quickly. He looked at her quizzically, forgetting his irritation for the time being. It had been replaced with an entirely new one. He had no memory of their conversation before he had gone to sleep- he didn't know anything about going to earth!

"You want to go on a vacation to earth?" he asked lightly, more confused than anything, "why?"

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
She had to think of some way to make it up to him. Maybe if she set up a quiet evening for the two of them, he would know that she cared. More realistically, she should find someone to beat up to show him that she cared. Ceraphel was pacing, or more so, floating back and forth, when Sinestro emerged from the room. While she did not have anything to really say at the moment, she realized it was unnecessary when he began asking her questions. About the trip. Like he had no clue about it.

Her face fell a bit more if that were possible, "...We talked about it before you fell asleep. You said you missed being on vacation, so I suggested a working vacation near Earth, since Hal's planet always seems to need some help. And you told me to contact him about it and then you went to sleep. So I did. I thought you would be glad it was taken care of but...if you really don't want to go, I'll just go. You can do what you like."

Separate vacations were always the first sign that something was very wrong in a relationship. A little part of her began to ache, and Ceraphel wondered if they were going to just always have misunderstandings now. Her gloved arms moved to wrap around her body, "I wouldn't go either, but I asked Hal to arrange it all, and I know he's been so excited. I would hate to cancel on him completely."

Turning back to him, she forced a smile to her lips, which was not at all believable, "It's okay, you probably have more imporant things to do anyway. Also, I'm sorry it seemed like I didn't care. I had my ring set to pulse when you woke up, and I didn't think it was such a big deal to do some work when it would not take me away from home. I won't do that again. I'll just meet with new recruits in space. It's not as warm and welcoming as I wanted, but I know I need to be better at this."

Throat almost painfully tight, she looked up at him but avoided his eyes, "Ready to go home, then?"
User Image

"What?" Sinestro blinked, "I never said I didn't want to go. I don't remember anything that happened before I went to sleep for an excessively long time. I was a little confused about it, that's all. I don't like earth, but if I said we could go I don't see any reason not to. It's not like I hate the place more now than I had when I agreed- I feel the same even if the memory isn't there." That annoyed him. Why did she jump to that conclusion? Why did she say she would be willing to go on her own so easily? He hadn't said one thing to her about it.

It was just like the rest of it. Clearly she had figured out why he was upset, or was at least responding to the attitude he had given her, and she was pouting about it. Now she was saying she didn't want to go on any kind of trip with him? Why? Because he had woken up a little cranky? He hadn't said anything cruel to her- and he hadn't really done anything since waking up. He couldn't help but feel like she was being entirely unreasonable, especially considering how well she knew him and his moods.

And he didn't care what Soranik thought. Women were going to band together with other women. He was being made into the crooked one and he was not going to apologize for what had originally been a slight against him.

He had been annoyed before, but he was angry now.

Even her apology seemed insincere.

"Just meet the new recruits... that's what you're taking from it? That, what, I didn't want them in the house? I don't care if you meet them, just maybe not while I'm unconscious!" Sinestro huffed and shook his head, his irritation probably higher now than it had been when he had come downstairs to hear her laughing with friends. "I really appreciate that I had a problem, you seem to have figured it out, and somehow you're the victim. Why are you acting like this? Like I've somehow wounded you? I was upset that I woke up to you having a tea party in the garden. Yes, I would have thought you'd be a little more concerned and maybe not be laughing with your friends. It threw me off waking up and finding out I had been unconscious for four days. I'm sorry if that was unreasonable of me. That was why I gave you a bit of the cold shoulder. I never said I expected you to be waiting at my bedside, I never said I didn't want you dealing with your duties. In fact, I never said ANYTHING and was really just going to let it go because it wasn't that big of a deal. So I'm really not sure why you're so sad all of a sudden and treating me like I don't want to be around you or I don't want to go on a vacation." He sighed heavily. He was angry, but his tone remained very even- it wasn't in his mind to yell at her. He just wanted to be heard.

"I really wish you would stop assuming the worst of me. You did it without your powers, too! Thinking I would leave you. And then with the predator, telling me you've been concerned about me dumping you for my power, or turning back to my old ways, this whole time! How long is it going to be until you start to put a little faith in me? What do I have to do to stop being the bottom of the security barrel?" He watched her carefully, his expression hardening into an angry frown.

"I don't understand any of this. I don't know how many times I have to keep telling you that I will never, ever leave you before you stop telling me I probably have better things to be doing. I can only be shrugged off so many times before it starts to sting. I'm sorry my personality isn't perfect, but I had hoped you would understand me a little bit better, too. I love you. More than anything else in the universe, all the power that someone could control- more than any ring. I wish I could I get you to believe that."

He didn't want to stay there any more. Soranik hadn't come out of the room, but he was sure she could hear them through the door. He was just thankful no one else was around to hear them.

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
Ceraphel stood there quietly, listening to him get angry. Of course, he was right, she needed to have more faith in him, and it was unfair that she got so emotional over what should have been the constant in her life. But she also wanted him to understand her, to know that fears were harder for her to overcome. If they had been easy for her, she would have been wearing green.

"If I were fearless," she began softly. "I would not be a Star Sapphire. I have fears. So many that I probably let them control me to often and too deeply. I love you so much that my deepest fear is losing you. But you make it hard to worry about you dying in battle. I can't see anything happening to ruin the most wonderful thing I have ever had except you leaving and that is so unfair to you."

She looked up at him earnestly, "Forgive me, Thaal. I don't mean to make you out as the villain, because I honestly do not feel that way. I know the good in there. The nobility. That is just who you are. What the Predator sensed inside me, that was left over from what had happened to us in space. Nothing more. But I am sorry for that as well. I just did not know how to get past the helplessness."

Turning from him, Ceraphel floated a little ways away, "I don't know how to deal with being queen. I don't want to be queen. But it feels like I have no choice. And I don't want to take every single problem as the end of the world. I don't want to bother you with them either. I want to just be your Ceraphel, and in close second, a Star Sapphire."

Coming back over to him, she put her hand on his arm, "I apologize that this has become so upsetting. When you seemed okay, just deeply asleep, I tried to not make myself sick with worry. So I worked. And when you woke, you were cold and more stoic than usual. I was unsure of how to handle things."
User Image

"Regardless of any of that you're mine, Ceraphel," Sinestro told her, "that's never going to change, no matter what power you have or what power you have taken away from you. I hope I can get you to stop worrying that I'll leave you and start depending on the fact that I never will as your strength instead. Because I'm really not going anywhere, no matter what happens." He watched her carefully, though the anger in his tone had all but melted away at that point, replaced with a sad kind of calm. He moved a hand over hers, frowning somewhat.

"It's alright, you don't have to apologize anymore," he told her after taking a deep breath, "It wasn't even that big of a deal. I was just.. disoriented. My expectation hadn't met the reality and it threw me off. Anyway, it was probably just because of the doubt Predator left in me. I don't remember having any dreams, but maybe I did and they got the better of me, who knows?" He offered her a faint smile, taking her hand from his arm and giving her fingers a gentle kiss.

He was still a little awkward about the whole thing, but considering his capacity to deal with emotions, he felt he was doing alright.

"Just try to remember whom you're dealing with," he chuckled faintly, "I know I may seem entirely different to you, but that's only because it's so easy to be relaxed around you. There are still moments where I'll be... angry. Or sour. Or generally just an disagreeable being. But it's not going to be the end of things, I promise. Pretend I'm an emotional teenager, learning and growing. I may not always be a happy guy, but I will always love you. That's not going to change, I promise."

He sighed faintly as he watched her, brushing some hair from her face. He leaned down and gave her a kiss, before moving to leave Oa.

"Should we go and see Hal, then? It's entirely up to you, but I think it might be nice to see how earth has changed."

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
"...What the Predator said, it wasn't completely true, you know. It was pulling from my feelings right then, not just from the entire stock of them. It picked and chose things to hurt you, to make you go away. It wanted to use the forsaken love it was used to, not ours."

She let him take her hand, and nodded softly, smiling a bit when he kissed her fingers. Glancing around, she made certain that nobody was watching the Sinestro and Ceraphel show before she moved into his arms, holding onto him tightly. Her head was pressed against his chest so that she could hear his heart beating in her ear, strong and steady and ready to come to the next bend in the road for both of them. It was more than a little reassuring. She sighed and nodded a bit.

"And I hope you'll remember that I'm driven by emotion and not logic most of the time. I never did like logic, and that's why you compliment me so well. You keep my feet on the ground and my head out of the clouds to the best of your ability."

Ceraphel smiled up at him, "And I like you as a disagreeable being. You're charming when you grumble at me."

Leaning her head up, she kissed him back, nodding a little when they were finished, "I would like that. I was really excited about seeing his and Carol's planet. Trying the food. Doing interesting things like going to this place called Disney World. Apparently there are shows and rides and people dressed up as characters from stories that are popular on his world."

Grinning, she took his hand, "Not that I would admit it to anyone else, but I would probably enjoy dressing up as a princess for work. Speaking of..."

With a thought, the cape reappeared on her shoulders, flowing down her back, "I kind of got used to the idea. I think it adds a certain gravitas to my appearance. I am well aware that I am as about as threatening as a rabbit nibbling a carrot. Nobody is going to look twice at me and think I'm impressive. But the cape helps matters."

She laughed softly, "I should stop doing that, comparing myself to you. You can be the scary one. I'll just be the one who serves tea in the garden."
User Image

He chuckled when she said she liked him when he was disagreeable. “I suppose you’re the only one, but I guess that was the charm that made you fall for me in the first place, right?” He teased lightly. When they had first met, he had been anything but agreeable with her. His sour personality had improved, at least he liked to think it had, a little bit since then. Though he imagined people would still say otherwise depending on who you asked. Soranik would say he had changed. Hal… maybe not.

The lantern did his best not to chuckle over his own thoughts, watching the woman in front of him with a smile. He knew he would always be with her. If anything, the fighting only made it more clear to him. Neither of them had stormed off in a huff or demanded said that they had been through enough. It was a stronger love than that. It had to be, naturally, or the Zamarons probably would have taken her silly title away. Not that he didn’t think she deserved the power, of course, but he considered ‘queen’ a bit out-dated a term. Leader.

It wasn’t like he was the king of the yellow lanterns, though he supposed he could take the title if he wanted to.

Semantics aside, he was happy that she seemed to understand where he was coming from, and he understood her side of things, too. He would have to make sure he didn’t get too angry if something didn’t feel like it was coming across correctly. He knew she wouldn’t intentionally try to hurt him.

And he didn’t want to hurt her, either.

“I’m sure that’s all going to be… very fun,” he sighed heavily, “I’ll have to do my best not to just stick to my pre-conceived notions of the planet. Still, I hope I don’t have to dress up as a prince to this place…” He didn’t really understand what it was, though his planet did have theme parks and the like. But they were nothing like the ones on earth- a planet that seemed to thrive on entertainment.

He chuckled at her cape, but he imagined if she liked it, she should wear. He wasn’t big on the shows of power or looking any different from his other members. He could easily show them who the boss was with his strength should they start to forget. “I think I prefer you without the cape, but you do look good in it,” he told he lightly.

“Why don’t we head to earth? You can let Hal know we’re coming and we can meet up with him at his apartment. I know where it is, so we don’t have to worry about getting lost.”

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
"I'm sure you'd like the cape if I wore nothing but it," she suggested, lifting an eyebrow saucily.

Ceraphel laughed softly and squeezed his hand gently as they left Oa's atmosphere, "It could be fun. And we just went to a planet that was for nothing but relaxation. One with these kinds of places can't be all bad. Besides, Earth has produced some wonderful lanterns. We might stick out a little bit, but from what Carol has told me about the planet, we would not be the first alien visitors to the planet. I'm certain Hal will make it fun for us both. Don't get too down on the place just yet."

She sent a message to Hal that they were on their way, and she nodded, flying through the wormholes toward the planet called Earth. Ceraphel was delighted when they got to the outer atmosphere to see that it was a beautiful blue color. Though the other planets in the galaxy, uninhabitable as they were, were beautiful too. The one with the rings was lovely, and the gas giant had a red spot on it. The red planet closest to Earth reminded her of the skin of her favorite person, and then there was the blue gem itself, a water-based planet with spots of white and brown.

"It's lovely," she said with a smile, moving closer to Sinestro.

Her arms wrapped around him, and she moved close to him, not having to tip her head back if only because she was floating several inches higher than he was so she could be at eye level with him, "Before we head down there and spend our time with Hal, I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate that you came with me, that you're willing to give it a chance. I promise not to let him get on your nerves too much."

Having sent a message via her ring to Hal, she also sent one to Carol, who was on her way back to Earth as well. Carol thought of more practical things, and had a small suitcase of clothing ready that would probably be Ceraphel's size. She was taller than the queen of the Star Sapphires, so it was nothing of hers, but it was enough to get her through a small vacation on Earth. Unlike Sinestro, Cera would probably blend in well enough, if people wrote off her skin as overly tan, and her hair as dyed.
User Image

Sinestro frowned when he saw earth come into view. For him, it was like looking at something entirely different. It wasn't a pretty little planet speckled with green and brown over a blue surface, it was an annoying little mudball, its appearance masking how much of a terror it really was. But he knew he was going to need to keep an open mind about things, if he wanted to keep Ceraphel happy.

Anyway, he knew things were different from how he first viewed them- he wasn't going to hate the place as much as he had before. He didn't hate the one guy he really knew from there anymore, so that meant he didn't have to hold a grudge against the whole world. All the same, it would likely be difficult for him at first. Even if they weren't completely evil, they were still somewhat chaotic and very under-developed.

It was going to be a trial.

He smiled when she thanked him. "I'm not so sure you'll be able to stop him, but I appreciate the thought," he chuckled faintly, "we better go. I'm sure Hal is waiting for the fun to begin." He took her hand and led them to Hal's apartment. It was the same place he remembered- a fair-sized place in the middle of Coast City. Getting there had been fairly habitual, as he had spent a lot of time popping up there in the past to drag Hal off to work. Being there now was a bit nostalgic, though he wasn't sure if he liked that or not.

Sighing, he knocked on the door once he found the apartment number, and it was almost instant that the door was opened.

"You're here!" Cheered Hal, "come in, come in! Nice to see you awake, dude. How's the ticker treating you?"

"Fine," Sinestro responded, motioning for Ceraphel to head in first before joining them inside the apartment. It looked nice, but only because Hal must have spent the last few days constantly cleaning. Maybe he thought Ceraphel wouldn't appreciate underwear hanging off the mirror in the bathroom.

"Welcome to earth!" he beamed brightly, "I planned all kinds of things, and I'm sure you're both going to have a blast! Is Soranik going to be coming, too?" He hummed lightly.

"She'll be along when she can," Sinestro commented, "you know how she is about her job."

"Gotcha. So! Would you guys like anything to eat? I have pizza!"

Sinestro couldn't keep him stomach from rumbling when Hal mentioned food. Now that he wasn't being petulant about things, he remembered he was indeed extremely hungry. Four days without anything to eat could do that.

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
The city where they headed was very different than the one they lived in together, but it was nice just the same. And it was on the coast, as the name suggested, so she knew she was going to ask Hal to take them to the beach. She had not taught Sinestro to swim for nothing. But the flowered shorts were for her pleasure alone, she would get him to get a pair of normal trunks to go swimming in if they were going to head to the beach. Ceraphel could tell it was not as advanced as Els, but it was a nice planet none the less, and she followed Sinestro to an apartment.

Hal was right there to open the door, and his good-natured exuberance was pleasant. She liked feeling welcome, and Hal was making them feel welcome just by being happy that they were there. Ceraphel leaned over and kissed his cheek, a friendly gesture and not the sweet, loving gesture it was when she did it to Sinestro.

"Thank you for having us," she said with a smile.

Ceraphel entered the apartment and was surprised to find it so clean. Bachelors were the same on all planets, and none of them had tidy apartments. Hal must have cleaned using ring power, or hired a service to do so for him. She was pleased though. She liked things tidy and neat, and this suited her just fine. When the door was shut, she let her uniform fade, revealing the clothing she had been wearing underneath, the flowing pants, the tight top, the draping scarf that was a shirt in of itself. She glanced at Hal, somewhat confused.

"Pizza?"

Sinestro's stomach made noise, so she nodded, "Whatever it is, I think it sounds like a good idea. Besides, I like to try new foods."

Moving to her lover's side, she wrapped her arm around him, her head leaning against his side, looking up at him, "You must be hungry, you didn't get a chance to eat before we left the planet."

It was not much later when someone else knocked at the door brusquely. Carol was standing outside, wearing jeans, a blouse, and a blazer, her long hair tied in a tail over one shoulder, looking not at all like a Star Sapphire. Ceraphel smiled as she saw her and came over to hug and kiss her cheek as well, as Carol wheeled in the small suitcase, nodding to the Elsian woman.

"I got you some Earth clothing, so you'll blend in."

Glancing at Sinestro, Carol nodded to him, a peaceful acknowledgement of his existence. They were never going to be friends, but they could be allies. She could deal with that. Looking around, she suddenly realized that it was really clean in Hal's apartment. She glanced at him, a little half smile on her lips.

"So that's what the floor looks like."
User Image

"I know! I thought I had carpet." Hal hummed without missing a beat, looking down at the wooden floor at his feet. He was standing in his socks, but he didn't seem to mind. He was hopeful they would feel comfortable enough to dress down, too, since they were going to be living together. Ceraphel had already taken off her uniform for something lighter, which was nice to see, but Sinestro had yet to do the same. He remained in his white uniform, standing fairly straight and almost at attention. Hal imagined it would take a little more to get him to relax.

"Nice of you to join us, Carol," hummed the lantern lightly as he moved over to the kitchenette and brought over the pizza he had ordered. It was still nice and warm as he set the box down on the table. "Dig in guys! I promise you it's really good! Not.. good for you, of course, but good!" He took a slice for himself, nomming on it happily. It was a supreme pizza, with all the works on top of it. He enjoyed it very much, naturally.

Sinestro frowned, looking at the food. It was round and thin and looked very cluttered. This was supposed to be food? Hal was eating it, so it wasn't poisoned, but Sinestro still wasn't so sure about it. Human food had a tendency of being very processed.

He wasn't sure he was ready to dive right into it.

"Maybe later," he commented absently, "I'm not really very hungry right now."

"oh, come on, I just heard your stomach growl- I might have been able to hear it from space! Don't hold back- I promise it's not bad."

".... maybe later," Sinestro said again, moving away from the table so he could sit himself down in Hal's living room. He was feeling a little uncomfortable about the whole thing, though he was trying to be nice. But it felt like he was in enemy territory.

Hal sighed heavily, shrugging his shoulders.

"Don't worry, we'll get you eating pizza before this vacation is done! And we should go shopping for clothes, too. I know Carol just brought stuff for Ceraphel, but you'll need things, too! Human things, not a bright white uniform. We'll go to the big and tall stores," he chuckled lightly, not bothered by Sinestro's reluctance. He knew there would be some resistance- he was actually surprised Ceraphel had managed to get him there at all.

"Maybe we can spend some time just showing you guys our favorite places," Hal continued lightly, "you should see the airport and the beach! And there's a really good burger place near here, too, though that'll be tomorrow, since we're having pizza now." He was obviously in good spirits. Sinestro wondered how long it would last.

They would likely fight sooner or later, and it would probably end up being pretty bloody.

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
Ceraphel glanced around and saw a bowl of apples on the counter of Hal's kitchen. She picked one up and walked into the living room where Sinestro was sitting. Carol shook her head slightly to make certain Hal did not follow her in. Ceraphel came over to Sinestro and gently put it in his hand, leaning down to whisper softly to him so that neither Hal nor Carol would hear.

"It'll be okay. Take your time. But please eat this, it's familiar."

She smiled at him and kissed him gently, her hand squeezing his to let him know that whatever he needed, she was there for him. One more kiss on the forehead, and she wandered back into the kitchen, "I do love the beach."

Taking a slice of pizza, she tried it with the curious joy of trying a new food, only find she truly enjoyed it. Ceraphel finished her slice quickly, and was quite pleased with the fact that it seemed to be a whole meal in one. Carbohydrates, dairy, meat, and vegetables all in one food, even if the vegetables were a little over-done for her tastes. She glanced at the bag that Carol had brought in with her.

"Maybe you could show me how some of it goes on?"

"Sure," Carol replied, coming out of the kitchen.

They disappeared into the guest room, and the door closed. There was soft, feminine laughter coming from the room at some points, and when the door opened once again, Carol coming out first. Ceraphel came after her, still looking at the clothing. The pants were made from black leather, and tighter than anything she normally wore, the shoes just a pair of flats that were dark blue and had sparkly bows on them. Her sweater was the same dark blue, belted at her waist and leaving one shoulder bare and exposed. Without looking at her eyes, assuming her hair was dyed, her skin just oddly tanned, she could have passed for human.

Walking into the living room, she did a little turn, glancing behind her at Sinestro, "What do you think?"

Granted, she had seen jeans and skirts in the clothing, but she thought these pants might have made him feel a little better, relax a bit. They were rather snug fitting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff