Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante smiled. "It must feel great to save somebody's life. I'm glad that for my dream job, it just takes a few years of study and practice in a school, instead of a billion exams and such. I doubt being a history teacher would save any lives though. When did you decide to go into medicine, anyway?"

He took a few more bites of his salad and lasagna. He'd missed eating this kind of cooking.

"Rachel would be attending the school I go to. It's what they call an English school. There are a lot of Japanese students, but the work is half English, so a lot of teenagers who have parents from countries like America attend. There are a handful of kids who have diplomats as parents. Because Rachel doesn't know a word of Japanese, she would be doing the work that is in English. We get the exact same work, there are just two versions. I usually do the Japanese one because I like to practice. They do have a course in Japanese there, though, so if she wanted she could go to that and learn a little bit. If she learned a few basic words, it would make it easier for her. When I learned, I started by learning stuff like hello, please, thank you and goodbye."

Quinn smiled and stroked her hair again. "Wow, you're quite poetic, aren't you?"

He wished Rachel could have better food than this hospital crap. "Hey, when you're out of hospital, you should let me take you to get some fast food, the hospital food looks so boring."

((Haha, yeah! I was planning on having a couple of his male cousins come up to him when they walk into the hotel and be circling him, trying to figure out what's different, and then say to Rachel "OH MY GOD YOU FIXED THE MISFIT TOY!" and start going on about how Dante just looks so much healthier with her around. If she dated one of them, it would completely break Dante and probably drive him back to Liam. XD Maybe he could even go back on the Zyban because of it.))

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

Cindy smiled a bit. "I was eight and my mother had been in a car accident. I was with my grandmother or else I would of been killed. All the doctors said it was hopeless and my mom would never walk again except for one nurse who did not give up on her. After lots of hard work from both of them my mother was able to walk again. It was then I knew I wanted to be a nurse."

Seeing his salad was almost gone she motioned him to give his plate so he could have seconds. "You are too skinny Dante, you need to find a balance. Being underweight is just as unhealthy as being overweight. That is why I made one of your favorites from when you stayed over as a kid."

Jon shrugged a bit. "I had to choose something in college and just decided on nursing. Not really sure why but it was one of the best choices of my life and I thank God I did." He smiled at his wife softly.

Cindy nodded at his explanation. "That sounds like it will work out. Will the school take her? Only two and a half months of school left here for her. Though if she does not want to learn Japanese do not press her. Rachel loves French and she seems to have a flair for it."

"You are too sweet Quinn, I really do not know about that. I write poetry at times but I am always too shy to share it with anyone."

She smiled a bit when he mentioned fast food. "Fast food would be so nice right about now. Normally I do not eat much if any of it but it seems like every time I do not feel well I want french fries."

Carefully Rachel took his hand off her hair and tangled their fingers together as she held his hand gently. At the moment her hair was still tangled enough and she did not need the part Dante had worked for hours on to get tangled once again.

((What if Dante's relatives in England tell him to make a move for Rachel. He finally figures he will and then learns that Liz is pregnant. He could rush to tell Rachel and see her with some guy she found to hang out with since she is heartbroken. Could even be a French guy and since Dante does not know French he would have no clue what they are saying. Nothing happens between them romantically but Dante thinks it does so he loses his courage once again.))

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante hadn't known that Cindy's mother had been in an accident.

"It's funny how other people can inspire you to choose the job you want. It must have been such a struggle for your mother to learn how to walk again." He chuckled when she said he was too skinny, and handed his plate over. "I've been on a low sugar low salt diet for years, I only just got off it because Rachel was dead set on cramming as much food down my throat as possible."

He wondered if Quinn was still at the hospital, he didn't like to leave them alone but there had been no choice.

"I'm sure the school will take her. I won't pressure Rachel into taking the class, but I think it would be helpful if she did."

Quinn gently squeezed her hand. "I don't have the creativity to write poetry. I'm used to writing really basic stuff, reports for work that have no heart. So, when you're out, where do you want to go to eat? Pick any place, my treat."

((Yeah! That would make him so agitated too, because he wouldn't be able to understand. Maybe he could be petty and try to get revenge by only speaking Japanese from then on, just to get to her.))

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

"I do not really remember I was rarely around her since she was so ill and hurt after the accident. Grandma and grandpa kept me for almost a year. Every now and then I got to visit her." Cindy put a portion on his plate, it was about half the amount as his original serving. "Have more bread and salad as well. Oh hot apple pie on the counter as well, I made the crust and everything so save room for desert."

Jon smiled. "Apple pie. you make the best apple pie. Best not let Rachel know she cannot have it. Doctor has her on strict diet since the knife was laced and she lost blood."

Turing his gaze on Dante he went into lecturing tone. "Do you remember the talk we had about you being a man and doing your duty, do you recall it Dante? Not only did I mean physical harm but emotional as well and Liz's father tells me she going to Japan as well. Are you prepared to take on the responsibility of caring for not one but two teenage girls?"

Cindy gave her husband a glare just like the ones Rachel gave Dante but hers had years of experience behind it and was ever scarier. It was apparent this was the first time she had heard Liz was going to Japan as well.

Rachel laughed a bit. "I am so hungry for normal food that I bet any place would be good but I think my favorite is Jack in the Box. As for poetry I am sure you could learn to write it if you wanted to. Not all of it is rhyming and it is not limited to writing about love."

Letting go of his hand she pulled hers free and reached up rubbing Quinn's cheek gently. A moment later she pulled his head back a bit and kissed him gently.

((That sounds like something childish he would do. Not like she would even know he was there. Just figured he could be jealous and follow them for a bit.))

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante wished he'd had grandparents in America to go to instead of his whacko aunt.

"Thanks," he said, as she handed the plate back. "You make such awesome food."

He ate while Jon spoke, and drank before answering. "I'm confident in my skills at dealing with teenage girls. The hotel is just crawling with my cousins, most of them are girls around my age, so I've had a lot of experience in dealing with their problems and helping them out when needed. Liz is coming along so that Rachel will have some company from a girl that she already knows."

"I don't think I've ever heard of Jack in the Box. What do they sell?" he asked. In Japan it was mostly just McDonald's, and then the privately owned small fast food places.

((Haha, yeah, and since he won't know what they're saying, he'll put his own words to their actions and freak out thinking the worst.))

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

Rachel sighed softly. "I kiss you and you ask about food." Rolling her eyes a bit she dropped her hand from his cheek. "Hamburgers, fries, tacos, fajitas salad, just their hamburgers tend to be on things other then a traditional hamburger bun. Just thought of it is making me hungry."

"You are welcome dear, it is nice to have you back at our table. It is a shame Rachel cannot be here though." She looked up at the clock on the wall. "I am sorry to cut this short but I must head into work. Jon has another hour before his shift so feel free to take your time in eating."

She got up and grabbed her almost empty plate. After putting in the kitchen sink she washed her hands and went back into the dinning room to give Jon a kiss goodbye. "Dante a word of caution if you think you can just "deal" with the girls you are in for a rude awakening."
Jon laughed. "Someone deal with Rachel, she is sweet but stubborn as a mule just like her mother." He smiled at his wife who faked looking annoyed at him. "However I think you misunderstand what I am trying to say Dante. If something happens and Rachel comes to you for help will you handle it like a man and not like the lovestruck kid you are. Even if it means that something you are not overly fond of happening but is best for Rachel. Same goes for Liz, I fear you are on over your head with her. Unlike Rachel she is wild and likes to get into trouble, the only thing I think she has not done is have a child. Hopefully that will not happen any time soon her parents would freak."

((I got a few things in mind that are innocent but look like they could not be since he wont know the words.))

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Quinn chuckled. "Yeah, sorry, I was just wondering what kind of name Jack in the Box is for a food chain. I imagined a jester jumping out of somebody's food or something." He gave her a kiss, one that was fairly chaste compared to what he was used to, but he figured it was a good way to start.

"Okay," said Dante, "Have a good time at work."

He finished off his lasagna as Jon talked. "Haha, yeah, I've noticed her stubborness. When I first came back, she had a no touching rule that I guess is still technically in place, but I ignore it when she looks like she needs a hug, She wouldn't accept any help from me at all and most of the time I wondered if she even wanted me around at all, because she sure didn't act like it. But now I know she does care, she's just stubborn about showing it too much, probably because she's got Quinn. But yeah, I think I can handle any issues she has without letting my feelings get in the way. I'm trying hard to stop feeling that way but so far I've had no luck. Liz isn't really a problem, her personality may be a little out there but I think I could help with any of her issues too."

((Haha, perfect!))

Rainbow Sweetheart

Cindy pulled Dante up and gave him a hug motherly hug. "I said you owed me a hug young man and I meant it. You can go back to your dinner now. Please take the paper bag in the fridge to the hospital tomorrow. I made Rachel some and it follows her diet rules. No pie though and not tell her about it, that would be mean." Kissing the top of Dante's head after he sat back down she left the two men to talk.

Jon sighed. "You just told me my daughter asked you not to have contact with her and you are breaking that." He gave him a hard glare. "Have you done something to compromise her or tried to? Do you intend to try to make your fake marriage work out?" He had totally forgotten about his food and had his eyes on Dante. "The whole truth and nothing but the truth."

Rachel had been about to answer Quinn when he kissed her, even if the kiss was fairly chaste for him it still made her melt. It was a moment before she could answer him about the fast food place. "Well the mascot for them reminds me of a jester in a way. They have good food so I bet you will like it and if not I am fairly certain you will enjoy the company."

((Dante can just assume the worst and make all sorts of things go through his mind. He does seem to have an over active imagination.))

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante hugged Cindy back. "Okay, I'll remember to take the bag for her. I bet she'll be glad to have a break from the hospital food."

He sat back down once she left. "Well yeah, but that's a rule that I think should be broken. I can't just stand there and watch her cry when she's upset, or just leave without hugging her. Especially after this last attack, I don't ever want to risk it by not hugging her, because horrible things happen to people and I never want to go without saying bye properly, just in case something awful happens and one of us doesn't survive."

He sighed a little. "I've never tried to "compromise" her, or whatever that means. It'd be nice if the fake marriage actually worked out, but she just sees me as a brother and I've got no chance. I'm not even going to kid myself anymore. She likes Quinn, even though his values are the total opposite of hers. He likes to go out and shoot animals for sport and mount their heads above the fireplace, I don't know how she can get past that, but I haven't said anything because I'd just come across as pathetic and jealous. I guess I can accept it because I need to be around Rachel, she's like my lifeline. Even with having to see her dating somebody else, I'm still a lot happier than I have been in years."

Quinn smiled and rested his forehead gently against hers. "I'm sure I'd like any place, as long as I'm there with you."

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

Jon was still giving Dante a hard gaze. "If Rachel tells you to keep his hands off her then you had damn well better. Understand? A real man does not force his attention upon a woman even if it is in the form of a hug. I can understand your reasoning. People pass in the hospital as loved ones try to make it in time for a final hug and I love you however you have to respect Rachel's wishes."

For a few minutes Jon did not say anything to Dante, he just looked at his mostly empty plate. "Dante you made this mess and now you got to live with it. If you had come back and not shot Rachel down so badly she would of worked with you on making it a real marriage. She was in love with you but I saw how she looked at Quinn the other day, her feelings are going to him. Not that you should blame her, after making it clear you did not want real love she worked through her emotions and found someone else to give her affection to."

"If Quinn and Rachel are not meant to be in God's eyes he will show her." Rising Jon gathered up his plate and went into the kitchen sticking it in the sink with the other dishes. Grabbing the still warm pie he cut two generous slices and brought them back to the dinning room. Putting one next to Dante's plate he sat down and started on the other one.

"If I have my way Rachel will not be with either one of you. Cindy likes Quinn but that boy has the look of a player to me. I want her to wend up with a sweet, smart young man who is going somewhere. Plus it would be nice if she found someone who shared her values about marriage."

Rachel blushed a little bit, Quinn was being so sweet. He was sounding a lot like Dante and something he would say. "Aww Quinn th..." Before she could finish a nurse walked in with her dinner. Quickly she pulled back from Quinn, all the nurses would tell her parents anything they saw. "That puzzle is no match for you." It was a lame recovery but the nurse seemed not to notice.

((I figured Dante needed a little support in that Quinn is wrong for Rachel and he got that but Jon also told him he is not right for Rachel either.))

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante sighed and finished his food off, then carried his plate to the kitchen.

"Okay, fine... I'm just so, so scared of losing her. With that sick freak chasing her around until Liam put a well-deserved bullet in his brain, I thought I could lose her at any moment. Then there's the fact that I could be the one who dies. Whether it's a stupid accident, or murder, or something stupid and self inflicted, my safety is never completely guaranteed."

When Jon set the pie down, he said thanks and took a sip of his drink. "There's no way in Hell she's ever liked me that way. I only shot her down because she seemed so touchy about the possibility that I might like her, I wouldn't have if she hadn't been prompting me to. Ugh, I should have just lied to her and said I was gay. It's half true, anyway. I can see why she likes Quinn. Blonde hair, green eyes, he looks exactly like Liam." He took a few bites of his pie. It tasted really good, and reminded him of being a kid again.

"You're right, he is a player and it's well known around the hotel about it. He's broken the hearts of half the female staff under 25 years old and has probably collected STDs like stamps. But I can't exactly tell Rachel that, because I'll come across as a pathetic, whiny jealous little idiot. Then there's also the fact that I've gotten to know him better lately and he's not as bad as he seems. He might be a player and I'm not sure if he's planning to play her too, but other than that he's got a good heart."

"I'd like to think I'm a sweet, smart young man who is going somewhere, but the only place I'm going to is Hell, I'm as educated as a turnip, and as you've seen, I struggle with getting people to like me or even tolerate my presence, so I'm definitely out. Oh well, I never had a chance anyway, so no loss here." Crap. He could just feel the depression coming back again. It was probably best if he went back soon and talked to Liam, because he was probably the only one who had any real sympathy for him at the moment.

"Ugh, I'm never going to be good enough."

((Haha, yeah. I think half of Dante's problem is that he just sits there and lets this crap happen. He doesn't try to explain misunderstandings or do anything that requires him to have a backbone. If he would just say something and stop taking all the punches, he'd probably be able to get Rachel to date him a lot more easily. lol ))

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

"Your safety is never guaranteed and you want my daughter to hang around you? Dante you had best be willing to die to keep her safe. If anything happens to her you cannot run far enough or hide well enough." He was giving him a very stern look over his pie.

"Avoiding telling Rachel the truth is not a good idea, she is like a dog when it comes to lying she seems to know when it is an important lie." Drinking down his tea he shrugged. "I have raised Rachel for the last seventeen years and she did not want you to shot her down. I can tell you that much for sure, plus she had a super huge crush on you as child. As for her liking Quinn did you ever think she might just be with him because the man she really likes wont let her be with him."

"If Rachel gets an STD I blame you since she will be in your care. If Quinn is a player then Liam most likely is as well so you should be checked to be on the safe side. I am assuming you know the risks of being with a male but that is your choice and no matter what you are still like a son to us. I could see a man wanting Rachel enough to settle down and stop being a player. She is a good catch for someone and any man would be lucky to have her."

"Your only problems, you got no self esteem so therefore you cannot make a girl feel like she is someone. Plus you are a coward, you just expect people to read your mind about how you feel for them. That will never happen, maybe with other people but not Rachel. She is far to old fashioned, a man has to be the one to express his feelings first."

Lolly nudged Dante's knee again and whimpered softly. Jon acted like he did not hear it even though it had been loud enough for him to.

The nurse was going on with her work and Rachel just wanted her to leave. However the nurse approached them and told Quinn he needed to go because they were going to move Rachel that night. Her blood was no longer showing any toxins so she could go into regular care.

Once Quinn was gone with a quick bye the nurse took Rachel to a new room telling her she would bring her stuff along in a little bit. A tray with her dinner was there and she was happy to see a television with a dvd player. One of the nurses got her Pirate of the Caribbean to watch. The hospital movies were very limited. The doctor said she would be there for three days maybe less depending on how her recovery went.

The nurse arrived with her belongings and she noticed her bear was not there. Asking the nurse about it she went to look but did not find it. Quinn had his coat on the bed so maybe he took it by accident. Grabbing her phone she texted Quinn. "Did you happen to take my bear with you when you left? The nurses cannot find it. sad "

((He does stand a chance though when he goes back to Liam and she sees them in an intimate situation his chances are pretty much ruined at least until she cools down. If Dante thought the no touching rule was bad just wait until Rachel does not speak to him. Going to nearly destroy him.))

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante thought it was kind of funny that Jon looked so serious when he had a slice of delicious pie in front of him, but he kept that to himself.

"Yeah, I'm willing to die to keep her safe. My family has a few hundred guards around the hotel who can help ensure her safety on the rare occasions when I can't."

He shook his head. "She has never given me any kind of indication that she likes me. She just says I'm like a brother. And where's she going to get an STD? She's waiting for marriage."

Dante took another bite of his pie. It tasted amazing. "Yeah, I know the risks. I've been tested several times. He cheated on me with three guys that I know of, so I got tested each time I found out, and then I got tested again after I dumped him. I never caught anything really serious."

"I do lack proper self esteem, I know that... It's kind of hard to build and keep it when I've got people constantly telling me I'm a shame to the family and slapping me in the face. I'd tell Rachel how I feel if I didn't know I'd get shot down." He gently rubbed his leg against Lolly's side. He never could resist paying attention to a cute animal.

Quinn went back to the hotel when told to go, and was laid on the couch when he got her text.

"No, sorry, I haven't seen it. I'm sure it will turn up." He sent the text and decided he'd get her a new soft toy to cuddle, since her bear was lost.

((Haha, yeah. I was thinking that maybe something serious could happen to him after about two weeks of being ignored, like maybe getting attacked again, or being in a car accident or something. Then he could end up unconscious for a while, and maybe wake up and not remember her at first. That would hurt - him remembering absolutely everyone else, but not her. XD Then his memory could come back over the next few days as his brain recovers, which would be a big relief, but it would kind of put Rachel through Hell for a few days. XD))

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

Lolly finally given some attention was not about to move or let Dante stop. She pressed against his leg her tail wagging happily.

"Waiting for marriage or not thousands of miles from home with only a few people she kind of knows and one she really knows. Like it or not you are for the most part a stranger to her."

"The bigger the risk the bigger the reward. Guess the reward is not enough for you." He finished his pie and rose taking the plate into the kitchen. "Can you get your uncle on the phone or do we have to try tomorrow?"

Going back to the dinning room he started to pick up the plates working to get the table cleared. Lolly crawled out from under the table and followed him whimpering softly. "What's the matter girl you miss Rachel?" Lolly whimpered again and went over to her bowls both of which were empty.

Rachel got his text and pouted a lot, she wanted her bear. Sighing she texted Dante. "Dante, the hospital lost my bear. I am so sad, I loved him and want him back. Did you happen to take him with you by accident?"

((Poor Rachel not only will she see Dante and Liam like that then that happens to her. Though Dante will go through hell longer then she will when he realizes she really will not talk to him.))

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante quickly finished his pie and carried his plate through to the kitchen. "I know I'm still pretty much a stranger, but I like to think that means Rachel and I can have a fresh start. There are a couple of things I haven't told her yet, and I'm going to tear my cousins' heads off of any of them say anything. I'd like to tell her everything soon, but since she's in a relationship, I feel that telling her I like her would just make me look like a sleaze, and make her hate me for it."

He pulled his phone out of his pocket. Because of a one in a million chance, Rachel's text never came through. "I can call him now."

Dante rested one hand on top of Lolly's head and scratched her ears.

((I was thinking I could make it a car accident when Dante storms off after trying to get her attention and failing. Then the back of his car could get clipped by a huge truck and then get hit from the side by another car. Since a truck was involved, it could lend more weight to his theory that his parents were targeted. In any case, I reckon coming that close to death/serious brain damage would be enough to get her to pay attention again. XD I'm going out on work placement at a school today, in 45 minutes I get ready, then I go. I should be back five hours after, though, at 12 my time. smile ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff