Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Lunatic

User Image

◄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░►

Lia remembered an amber light and then a darkness. Hearing someone’s voice she started to come around, her calm breathing becoming a little hectic as she regained consciousness. Her blue eyes shot open and the first thing she was Drax and then Rocket. Her breath calmed for a second until she saw the destruction in the room and remembered Hydra and the stone.

Her mind raced and her breathing became heavy her heart pounding and she struggled to breath properly. She knew what was happening, she was having a panic attack and her asthma was acting up. Without realising she her eyes began to glow orange and she tried to speak, he words coming in a jumbled, rambly mess.

HYDRA mentioned an experiment, and the stone was glowing, and then there was an explosion, and the light was blinding, I, I, where is the stone!? And why are all these people here!” She glanced around the room and saw vague figures outlined in an amber, orange glow. She turned to look at Drax completely terrified her hand went to her chest. She felt sick and dizzy, it hurt her to breath and she couldn’t do anything to stop it. “My…Inhaler, in my bag.” She breathed.

Rocket quickly rushed back to the room they’d left and found more SHIELD agents there keeping the sceintists under guard. He went into the room behind the mirror and grabbed the females purse before running back towards the room. Getting there he noticed the blonde was finding it even harder to breath and shaking. He threw the contents of the purse on the floor. “What do ya need?” Lia glanced over and pointed to the small strange object he passed it too her and she quickly used it. It was then the raccoon realised her eyes seemed to be pure orange at the moment rather than the usual pale blue. “What the hell?

User Image

Star

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                                                  He had been looking down on her when her eyes began to flutter open. At first, he thought she was going to be okay, with no panic or anxiety on her face. However, that quickly changed. It was as if she had come to the realization of what happened, and finally had time to process it. Her eyes grew wide, and her chest rose and fell rapidly as her breathing increased.

Drax was not well experienced in comforting people. His area of expertise often involved the complete opposite, AKA knocking skulls and ripping out spines. Though, while this was all foreign to him, he could not deny the feeling of wanting to help her, in whatever way he could.

The way her breathing hitched, becoming more and more erradic, he found himself leaning closer to her. He did not miss her eyes suddenly taking an orange hue, and he blinked. He had never seen Peter exhibit such behavior, and so he could presume this was not a normal bodily function. Whether or not that was the reason, the unnatural light her eyes were exuding was worrying.

She began to babble about what happened, and before he realized what he was doing, he had placed a hand on her shoulder. The moment she had called for her 'inhaler,' Rocket set to work. He remained with her, not finding any reason to go with when he could remain with Lia. Thankfully, he returned soon with a bag and dumped it out in front of her. She had a peculiar object in her hand and pressed to her mouth. It made a noise that sounded like a wheeze, and just seconds after, her breathing had normalized.

Rocket voicing his surprise only prompted Drax to add in his own thoughts. "Your eyes, they are glowing bright orange. Are you inflicted with pain or discomfort?" It was his own way of showing his concern, without telling her upfront how worried he was.

Star

She was an emotional rollercoaster. It seemed like ever since Peter and his band of misfits had landed on in Central Park, she had seen both sides of the emotional spectrum a few times now. While she might not have seen visibly happy, she was, but she had also found herself upset and angry. And now, she was back to being angry, but there was an edge to it. The idea that HYDRA was back was so unsettling, especially since they had never found Brock's body in the wreckage.

The thought of him caused her anger to grow. Unbeknownst to her, her fingertips were faintly glowing orange, and there was a similarly colored pulse that came from her. Gamora froze, and diverted her eyes to Peter, worried. August paid no mind to the look she gave him, nor Peter trying to quell her emotions.

No - if this man was holding anything about Brock back, and could possibly put more people in danger, she was not going to show any mercy. The grip that her hand had on his white labcoat grew until her knuckles nearly matched their color.

Just before she could demand he elaborate, her ears caught his trembling words. Mom? What the hell was he going on about? While she first thought that he was calling for his mom in fear, there was something that was screaming at her that that wasn't the case. Then, when Peter

"What am I doing to HIM? He's the one that locked us in that room and activated the goddamn infinity stone!" She paused, and then looked at the man, who without her support, had crumpled to the ground in a sobbing mess. Wait, where did the stone go? As soon as she woke up, her first objective was to beat the living hell out of the man and to get information about HYDRA, but she had not for one second wondered where the stone went?

Not registering the orange hue that everything had now, she redirected her attention to the scientist. She knelt so that her usual hazel eyes, now miscolored, were level with his own. "Cut the s**t. Tell me what you guys were doing with it and where you hid it."

"I'm s-so sorry-y, M-mom. I w-wanted to b-be there with you. Pl-please forg-give me." August, having passed her limits miles ago, slapped the man across the face. She winced due to a cut on her arm, but by the looks of it, the scientist was too deep in his fear and sorrows to notice.

ooc;; .

Liberal Lunatic

User Image

Peter was not exactly calm at a time like this and while he had little idea what HYDRA was or what the hell was going on. What else was new? He did know something was happening to August yet again and he intended to help. The luminescence coming from her finger tips worried him but not as much as the light in her eyes. When Gamora looked at him he noticed that her whole being was glowing and he froze for a second. Muttering a few choice words under his breath.

August this isn’t helping!” He put on his best, serious voice as he walked so he was merely inches from her. Her words sunk in. Activated the stone? But the Stone wasn’t here so what had happened? If anyone thought Peter was slow or stupid they were wrong. He was already connecting the glowing of August to the disappearance and activation of the stone. So they needed to find out what was happening fast.

The man started the mumble again and Peter couldn’t help but glance at him before being drawn back to August with her grimace. Right time for a new plan. He was going to get her to have that arm looked at then they were going to talk. Peter took hold of August’s wrist before she could do anything to hurt herself more. “August, come on let’s get your arm looked at,” he kept his voice calm, or as calm as he could. When she turned to him he stopped dead, letting her hand drop he backed up. It wasn’t August’s face he saw through the warm glow but that of his mother.

Star-Lord, renowned thief, quick witted, always one to have the last word was silent. He stared at the female before him. His mouth opened and closed and slowly the vision of his mother faded to reveal August looking more than worse for wear. Her emotions clearly in disarray, her normally loose and carefree hair mussed up and her arm cut. Peter wanted to take care of her but he also wanted to know why the hell he was seeing his mother in her place.

I’m not taking no for an answer.” He took her wrist again leading her towards the few medics who had entered with the other SHIELD back up. They began to look at her arm and patch it up but Peter found himself not wanting to look at her again in case he saw Meredith. The suited man came towards them and Peter was thankful for the distraction.

We don’t know what happened yet, unfortunately Lia had taken out the cameras,” Phil spoke to Peter regarding him as an ally already. He glanced over the thief’s shoulder to see August before turning his attention back to Peter, “we’ll get them stable then move them out of here. Are you alright? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.

You know, if it didn’t sound crazy I’d say I have. We need to get August checked out though she-” Just as he was about to finish one of the medics let out what could only be described as a yelp. Turning both men saw the glow returning to August as the glared to the scientist who was receiving medical attention. “Yeah, that was what I was about to say.

User Image

Liberal Lunatic

User Image

Lia tried her hardest to focus on her breathing. It had been over a year since her last panic attack when she had finally got fed up of Ed Carter, her then ex of three months, constantly bugging her. She’d got pushed too far and snapped for him to leave her alone, stressing their chance of getting back together was pretty slim. It was like he was Edison and she was Tesla. Either way it had been a long time and she wasn’t ready for it.

Feeling the Destroyer’s hand on her shoulder she found herself calming a little. When Rocket produced the thing she needed and the spray began to work she closed her eyes and tried to focus once more. The tightness in her chest was fading, the warmth and panic was releasing and suddenly she felt as if she could almost relax. That was until the man spoke. What? Orange? She began to shake her head and then turned to look at him, her brows knotting together as she frowned. Slowly she became agitated the blue orbs began to glow faintly.

Orange…The stone was orange…” She glanced to the centre of the room. It was gone. She felt sick and dizzy. Suddenly she had a terrible notion that the stone may be in her but that was illogical. It couldn’t be, no way.“ I, I have to help find out what happened.” Rocket glanced to the blue man and shook his head once. He was pretty sure he couldn’t hold her back but Drax could. The glow grew stronger as she felt her muscles tense.

I have to,” she tried to shift but felt too drained, her whole body ached and she became suddenly aware of her pounding headache. Wobbling slightly she ended up resting against the blue man’s shoulder her eyes half closed. “I don’t understand, I feel so weak.” What she didn’t know was the fragment of the stone now inside her was draining her already weaker form.

ooc: I feel like there was toooooo much filler in these posts but still. xD
User Image

Star

When she did not answer his question, he grew more worried. Whatever was afflicting her was strong enough to send the woman into a panic. While he had seen her pass out when she learned that August was not dead and was not the strongest warrior physically, the way she was taking it was worrying. He wanted to make her feel better, but did not know how to. He had hoped that making his presence known would help. Unfortunately, it only helped slightly before she learned about the glowing orange energy coming from her eyes.

Drax took matters into his own hands. Just seconds after she said she was feeling weak, he got to work. His arms found their way underneath her neck and her knees, and he lifted her up with little problem. Given he had just held his own against a couple tons of force, picking up Lia was like picking up a feather. He did not pay much mind to any noises of surprise she made,the eye roll that Rocket sent his way, or the fact that there was no longer a stone in the room, but rather walked towards the hallway where it seemed most of the agents were.

As soon as he saw someone that was caring a kit of some sort, Drax turned to them with Lia in his arms. "Are you one of the medics of this planet?" The woman he had turned to merely gave him a dumbfounded nod. He looked over to Peter, who appeared to be nearly restraining August from attacking the cowering man in a white lab coat. "Lia has complained of exhaustion and her eyes are glowing a bright orange."

Star

Her breathing was erratic and her mind was a flurry with all that had happened within the last 24 hours. Peter was back, there was an infinity stone on Earth, she had nearly died, HYDRA is still active, and Brock could still be out there. While her interrogation methods varied from angry to a negotiation, she had never been this furious, and it was clear she was releasing her pent up emotions on this man. August felt the furthest thing from sympathy for him, but when she was in a more rational state of mind, she knew this was not the right decision.

Peter grabbed her wrist, causing her to whip her head to look at him. She did not miss his stunned expression as he stumbled back. The sudden shift in his expression caused her to lose that fury she felt, and it was enough for her to realize what she was doing. August turned her head and closed her eyes. She needed to calm down. Whatever she was feeling could be dealt with later on. Still, that did not mean she was not annoyed when he took her wrist again.

"I'm fine, Peter. Now, let me go!" She tugged her arm back, though found herself weakened from the pain and a sudden bout of exhaustion. August was unable to fight back as he practically dragged her away from the scientist and towards a group of medics.

She was forced to sit there as the taller man walked towards Phil, and be attended to. August disliked the attention, especially when she was in such a vulnerable state. She did not act nicely to the man putting alcohol on her wound to sterilize it. Usually, she would have dealt with it, but whatever was afflicting her obviously had huge control over her emotions.

---

"Wait wait wait - you're saying the Infinity Stone is in us?!"

"Well, not in you, persay. The, uh, 'stone' was in a gaseous state, it appears as if it has been absorbed into your cells. The heightened activity of your body's cells and the energy signature points directly at the stone that was in HYDRA's control. After the Aether acted similarly with Jane Foster, I am not surprised, but I believe that HYDRA was attempting to split it and did it successfully."

August frowned deeply. She sat in a patient's chair, with one a couple of feet away from her another that Lia sat in. Her hazel eyes looked at the doctor, who had told her and the others all of this, before she sighed and leaned back against the seat.

"How the hell are we supposed to get the stone out of them, then?" The doctor looked nervously to the raccoon who sat on the counter, his little arms crossed in annoyance.

"I'm sorry, but that is well beyond my area of expertise. We will have to keep the women monitored, but that is all we can do..."

ooc;; .

Liberal Lunatic

User Image

Peter was worried. There was no way around it. He’d seen her pissed off but this was ridiculous and then seeing his own mother in her image. This was screwed up beyond reason. He’d found his childhood friend (and sweetheart if he was honest) and almost lost in twice in the last day. He couldn’t keep this up. All that mattered now was getting this sorted. Getting her safe.

You aren’t fine! You’re freaking glowing orange!” he snapped. Okay it sounded childish but he didn’t care he was pissed off and scared. Honestly he was ready to pick her up if she carried on. Peter frowned to Drax who butted in but couldn’t do much as he waited for August. He kept glancing at the blonde and noticed the glow had seemed to calm a little. He assumed the stone was long gone and this was a side effect. He just hoped August was alright and Lia. She didn’t look too good.

---

Peter stayed silent, August did not look happy and Lia looked ready to pass out. He only glanced up when Rocket spoke. Green eyes scanned each face. Really? No one knew the answer? They said he didn’t pay attention. “What about that woman, Janice Forster?” he questioned and received blank looks from everyone but the doctor.

You mean Jane Foster? Yes reports say she had a similar experience she may well know what to do or be able to help,” the doctor muttered more to himself than anyone else in the room.

Yeah, Jane Foster that’s it. Lia told us about her yesterday she had a stone in her, the Aether right? So she’d surely be able to help,” Peter smirked slightly, a little too proud that he’d remembered something no one else had. The doctor nodded before leaving for a short while to make the request. Peter turned to August trying to hide his concern for the wavy haired blonde. He’d come to realise she didn’t do attention or affection well.

At least we got the stone safe, sort of,” Peter finally broke the silence and received a glance from Lia and a stare from Gamora.

I would hardly call this safe, Peter,” the green female spoke up with a huff.

Maybe, anyway who is Hydra?” he questioned August, feeling the need to change the subject. “You seemed pretty pissed off by them so they must be bad?” Poor Peter didn’t really realise what he was asking. If emotions activated the stone bringing Hydra up was not a good idea. It was only when he saw Lia’s glance he realised he’d put his foot in his mouth again.

User Image

Liberal Lunatic

User Image

Lia was not suited for a field work due to her disposition and honestly this was the reason why. She had no idea what was going on and it terrified her. The moment she was informed about an orange glow her chest tightened again, it took all her strength to not pass out. Before she could say anything she felt strong arms around her and didn’t even have the strength to protest. “Th-thank you,” she stammered trying to keep still to not cause him discomfort, completely forgetting he was capable of holding his own against tons so her slight frame was not going to be much of a problem.

Although he took the medics by surprise they soon got to work. “We’ll take care of her, you can,” the female paused when Lia was shaking her head. Sure she didn’t know him well but she felt safe with him and right now that was all she needed more than anything. “Alright, come this way,” with that she lead Drax and the female towards one of the waiting ambulences.

---

The tech girl had found a strange comfort sticking by the giant man, giant compared to her at least. She was surprised but thankful he had stayed with her and even more thankful her results seemed normal despite a few spikes. Sitting in the consultation room she tried her hardest not let out a squeak of surprise when the doctor explained his theory. Inside them? But how could it split in two and why did HYDRA want it in them or a human? All her questions she kept to herself as the events unfolded. Her fingers twiddled as she glanced at her lap, focusing on her breathing.

Jane,” she was cut off by the doctor, her small voice she thought lost in under the other array of voices, as always. She let light azure eyes fall down again and took a deep breath a faint glow began to form in her eyes as she let her emotions get out of control. She hated not being noticed but she was too scared to speak up in case no one wanted to know.

She glanced up when Peter spoke, catching his eyes and shaking her head slightly. Mouthing the words ‘Don’t’ but it was too late. She let out a sigh and decided to leave it. “I’m sorry to cause a delay…” she still felt tired but was fighting it although her eyes looked heavy.

User Image

Star

August couldn't help but roll her eyes at Peter's attempt at remembering the astrophysists name. Still, he did bring up a good point. With all that had happened, she didn't even think of the woman that had housed the Aether for awhile. Granted, she had not been on Earth when the Aether was taken out of her, or even Asgard, and unless Jane had a method of taking it out, bringing the woman here could seem meaningless. Or that was just the realist in her screaming out...

All of this had flooded her mind, but she did catch most of what the doctor was saying. Her gaze turned to Peter who had a smug look on his face, and she was torn with giving him a "really, Peter?" look or one of amusement. It turned to one of exasperation. However, all of it disappeared when he brought up HYDRA.

"They'd best be compared to Nazis, considering the founder was one." She seethed out lowly, and diverted her eyes from everyone's in the room. Drax seemed to be mostly interested with Lia, but did look over occasionally (probably wondering what the organization that had allegedly caused this could have done in the past). "They thought that the public could not be trusted with their freedom, and so they found their way into SHIELD and devised a plan to make people surrender it. AKA, assassinate 10 million people on a global scale who could possibly pose a threat to them." She barely sounded civil, but her words dripped with venom. "Thankfully, some of our agents found out about it. If they hadn't..."

Her fists clenched. Even to this day she still felt betrayal ingrained in her heart. She had fallen for Brock, and they had plans to move it to the next level. Months after the incident, she had found a ring with a note (which she immediately chucked out of her apartment window with warrior-esque yell), confirming her suspicions. And then to learn he was with HYDRA and thought it was a romantic gesture to get her name off of Project Insight's list? She was crushed.

ooc;; .

Star

While he had come to realize that Lia was not the talking type, unlike Peter, Drax found her oddly silent after she had been helped on the scene of the boom. It was a change from when she was anxiously rambling about how she felt immediately afterwards, but what had not changed was the orange glow that fluctuated from her eyes. If he was going to be completely honest, it reminded him of the storm of power that they had dealt with on Xandar, and even felt a bit like it, too.

His eyes remained on her face. Even though he was not the specialist on human reactions, he could tell by the way her mouth opened and closed that she wanted to say something. What was stopping her? Was it something the stone was doing to her? He did not pay much attention to what the medical professional and the others were saying, but did stop to look at Peter when he mentioned the woman Lia had told them of yesterday.

"You have no reason to apologize, unless it was you who activated the stone." Drax paused. A part of him wondered if he would have been mad if it was her that had. It did not remain at the front of his mind, though. He looked up once again when he heard August talk bitterly of HYDRA. Nazis? He could only assume by the tone in her voice and the other things she said that they were evil. Drax frowned. "This group of people sounds like Ronan. He killed anyone who stood in his way, and instilled fear in those weaker than him..."

He shifted in the spot he stood next to Lia's chair. "You should return to your homes to rest." Drax was most certainly not the leader, but it seemed like the best idea.

Liberal Lunatic

User Image

Peter couldn’t help but feel smug when she looked amused. At least she wasn’t yelling at him. He listened to her talk about HYDRA and it was clear she was annoyed. He knew what Nazi’s where but he wasn’t sure the others did. “Wow, so bad then? Really bad. What a bunch of assholes.” The words left his mouth before he could stop them. He noticed Lia talking to Drax and decided to try his own hand at talking with August about something. He didn’t have time to as the doctor arrived.

We’ve made the call she should be here tomorrow. I would agree with Drax,” the doctor spoke before waiting for the arrangements to be made. Given the ‘danger’ of having all of them in one place it was decided that Peter and Rocket would stay with August, after she gave her consent, while Drax and Gamora would say with Lia and her parents. It was hard for Peter to hide his joy at this arrangement but he thought he pulled it off. As he was leaving with Rocket who had given strict instructions on caring for Groot the doctor motioned for August.

Agent Schmidt I thought you should know we managed to stop the blood sample from Mr Quill being taken although the results are rather strange. There is an element of unidentifiable DNA, Alien for want of a better word. Nothing serious but I’m glad HYDRA didn’t get their hands on it.

Peter was waiting outside but he could tell from the look on her face August was pissed off again. Before she even spoke to him he put his hands up, “I wasn’t even in there!” he whined.

---

The general drama of August’s uncalled for outburst when learning about his heritage had passed. That was to say Peter was over it but August still seemed pissed off. He was thankful Rocket was with them to keep him company because this silence was maddening.

Thanks for still lettin’ us stay, Schmidt. Can’t help that Quill’s a jackass.

Hey! I did nothing wrong, it didn’t come up and I didn’t know before I left. She was pissed off enough when I came back it hardly seemed like a good time to go ‘hey I’m also half alien’,” Peter practically jumped, his voice slightly higher pitched and defensive. How dare they! Rocket just scoffed. “Well it didn’t, look let’s just focus on the real problem here the fact August as the stone in her and could be in danger.” For some reason Peter thought it was a great idea to play the white knight to the woman who could probably kick his a** in a fight and would end up saving him.

User Image

Liberal Lunatic

User Image

Lia let out a little squeak and shuck her head. “Oh no, no, no. I wouldn’t do that.” She’d wished she’d stayed behind at the computers to be honest. She nodded when he spoke. “Yeah that sounds about right. Nazi’s were bad but HYDRA was worse if that can be believed. I’ll teach you about it sometime if you like?” She tried her best to smile and keep calm. She still felt incredibly weak but she was trying her hardest not to show it.

When Drax said they should rest she was hardly going to argue, she could do with being home and safe. She was glad that she got Gamora and Drax, they seemed nice and accepting, although she felt terribly sorry for Peter and August. She couldn’t work out which one she felt the most sorry for though. When it was settled she stood up and hid the wobble well, or so she thought, until she found Gamora offering her an arm and leading her towards the parking lot.

---

The journey home was quick and painless for the most part. When she got home there was no getting around explaining what had happened. She explained quickly and was thankful that Gamora took over explaining what little they knew about the infinity stones and calming the couple surprisingly well. Lia started to leave heading for her bedroom. Unfortunately she felt so exhausted she dropped down half way up the stairs.

I’m just gonna sleep here, no one will mind…” She muttered to herself resting her head on her arm and starting to close her eyes. She really didn’t have the energy to get up the last five stairs and to her room. This would do for a bed.

User Image

Star

While she had quickly reaffirmed the idea that she was not the one to activate the stone, Drax had not believed she was the one responsible. And by the way that they described this group HYDRA, he imagined it was not outside of their realm of possibilities. He was pleased when she said she would explain more about them to him later on, even though he wanted to know what the big deal is and what these "Nazis" were. By the look of even Peter's face and words, he was not imaging someone like the Nova Corp.

The Destroyer was glad to hear that his words did not go unnoticed, and soon, they were all preparing to move. While August stood with ease, he did not take any notice of her as Lia seemed to have almost all of his attention. He wanted to assist her in walking out, but Gamora reached her first, so he settled for walking behind her.

---

It had been agreed upon to divide up so as to avoid unwanted attention, that they would split up. Gamora insisted she come with Drax and Lia so as to make sure he did not do anything brash (which he valiantly disputed, but not for very long). After Rocket had explained everything that Lia, or whoever his caretaker would be, on how to take care of Groot, they split up in the same type of land vehicle they had the past couple of days.

As Gamora and Lia explained to the former's parents on what had happened in the past couple of hours, with Lia's mother looking positively perturbed despite both of their attempts to calm her nerves, Drax stood behind them, adding his two cents when he felt it appropriate. The green woman gave him looks, a mixture of annoyance and glares, but soon enough, they were parting ways with her parents.

The blonde looked completely exhausted, and that was evident when her ascent slowed to a crawl, and ended with her laying down on the stairs, just a few short of making it to the next level.

"I do not believe that the staircase is a proper place to sleep." She did not seem like she was going to get up anyways. A few beats later, and he decided to take matters into his own hands (quite literally). Much like he had in the building, Drax bent down and picked the woman up. This time, he had to maneuver in the small space of the stairs, but did it with ease nonetheless. He moved up the rest of the way, having to walk partially sideways so that her head and feet did not come into contact with the walls on either side.

Fortunately, he remembered where her bedroom was and so as soon as he stood on the next level of the house, Drax could walk there without help. The door had been cracked open, so he merely pushed the door fully open and walked through. With the same amount of care he had shown in picking her up, he laid her down on the bed. By the time he had, her breathing had slowed dramatically and her eyes were closed, indicating she was deep asleep.

Star

When it was suggested that they begin to move, she welcomed it greatly. August stood up and listened as the Doctor told them about Jane being here in the morning. She idly wondered if Thor would come along, but did not ponder on it for too long as they were all preparing to leave.

The blonde saw Peter open his mouth, as if to say something, but before he could, she was approached by the Doctor again. August followed him a bit aways from the group down the hall, and listened as he began to talk. She pursed her lips and tilted her to the side, unsure of what could be so urgent in his blood. August froze when he told her of the abnormality in his DNA and her lips turned into a frown.

What? What?! She did not know what to say or do, but she did feel angry. Why hadn't he told her earlier? Was this one of the reasons he had disappeared? Had he been experimented on and consequently, had his DNA altered? It wasn't the first time she had heard of such an incident, considering one of the people she knew about went on to become an Avenger.

"When were you going to inform me you weren't completely human?!"

--

Maybe it was all the stress of what had happened in the past day and a half, or the infinity stone playing with her emotions, or even both, but August was only more flustered when she had to let Peter come into her home (which was more of a peeve usually, but had only been amplified). Of course, when Rocket had thanked her, she could not act annoyed and nodded.

"Well, if it'll be safer for you guys, I'm happy to help," August huffed out as she walked up the stairs of her apartment. She found herself struggling to keep her breathing even, which was alarming considering she could take these stairs two at a time the entire way to the top level to her apartment without feeling winded. Of course, she was not going to say anything about it, until they were on the second from the top floor and she had to stop catch her breath.

"I'm fine, but you're really wearing me out, alien boy," She leaned against the railing and eyed Peter. Even though Rocket was an alien himself to Earth, he sniggered at his friend's expense. "Anyways, I just want to tell you guys to be careful for the first couple of hours you're inside my apartment. My dog has been trained to attack at the first sign of hostile behavior.." She resumed up the stairs, but not before discreetly winking at Rocket. The raccoon looked confused, but said nothing about it, and did not act too worried.

While it was all a lie, she could feel her lips twitching in anticipation of Peter's reaction when Jason, her golden retriever barely out of his puppy years, jumped on him and showered him with affection, instead of attacking like she had planted the idea in his mind.

ooc;; .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff