Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unbeatable Lunatic

9,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
User Image

Eryn nodded as he listened, the details growing worse as he listened. He tapped his fingers on his arms in a nonsense beat trying to piece things together, plan a rescue from the queen again, help Kailin and the others all while listening to the soldier. His tail twitched in agitation when he imagine what the queen would do to the guardian because of his relation with Cyric, and what it would do the the halfblood. "Trouble trouble trouble. It follows you doesn't it sunshine?" He murmured.

He gave a heavy sigh when Vevian finished speaking. "Will help. Definitely will help. Must get others to safety and then get sunshine and guardian. Let me see if I can help Kai. Maybe maybe maybe. I'm not afraid to touch him." He said with a toothy grin. "Can't hurt what doesn't feel pain." It was a lie to a degree but he wasn't going to explain it. Cyric knew and he figured Kailin knew from their time in prison. "Take me to them and I will help. Any one who can give you place to stay? Demon lands are too.....far. Elders and others busy with something. Need better place than darkness for this I think." The demon trying to explain things. First things first. He needed to see if he could reach the mixed blood through a wall of memories.

User Image

"Do you think you can help him?" Vevian asked, hopeful... but... still, the idea of Eryn having to touch Kailin... Nathaniel's reaction flashed back through her mind. He said he didn't feel pain but... she didn't know if she believed that. "Just.. be careful if you do.. it doesn't seem like how he's ever been before..." She said quietly. Vevian thought about it for a moment, anybody they could stay with while their plans got figured out and finalized and those who needed it recovered. Ifrits were first thought, but… With Kegan in charge there that certainly wasn’t going to happen… But… the Alateim weren’t that far from here, just about two days of travel… they had to travel first. She began to lead the way back in a hurried walk as she said. “We recently stayed with Alinea and the Alatiem, they aren’t too far from here, Etain and the ifrits are there as well.” She explained and then they broke into the clearing where the others were.

Lisile was still unconscious, and given the toxins that accompanied the blow to the head… she probably would be like that for a while. Kailin hadn’t moved, he was still curled up on the ground, body trembling and shaking, the occasional soft whimper. Geir glanced up from the food. “Definitely glad to see you Eryn,” He was surprised the demon had showed up so quickly, but it was certainly a welcome sight. “Vevian we’ve got food if you’re hungry,” He offered, there hadn’t exactly been time for breakfast, they probably didn’t really have apatites, but… it was important to stay nourished and strong.

Unbeatable Lunatic

9,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
User Image

"Huh wingys are still around? Haven't talked to them in an age or so." He murmured as he followed Vevian. He smiled a little as Geir said it was good to seem him. "Good to see you. In trouble again Jesse?" He asked.

Jesse pulled her arm out from under the blanket that had been put over her. "Winged by Vanya. The loon thought that she needed to stab me" She said. "You got here fast." The demon nodded and walked over to Kailin.

Erik stood up, he'd worked on covering Lisile and putting her in the shadow of a tree. She didn't need to wake up and be in full sunlight. Nathaniel had worked on cooking and then he heard footsteps and the others welcoming Eryn. HE was glad that the demon had come quickly. The demon seemed to be more concerned with Kailin. Erik hoped that the demon had something in mind. it was definitely strange to see Eryn look less than human.

Eryn walked over and sat next to Kailin. The demon rocked back and forth humming a little. He put a hand on Kailin's shoulder and felt the mixed blood flinch. "Hullo Kai. Hullo hullo. Ohhh those are some nasty memories....bad bad man did this huh?" Eryn said mentally plotting a nice dark place for the fey that did this to his friend. "Bad bad memories. Bad too many bad. HOw about this Kai. Remember this. Blanket fort. We left it in that place. We told stories happy stories, funny stories. Left writing for Savina on the walls." The demon rattled on as he kept a hand on the young mans arm. "C'mon Kai remember that not everything is bad. Nope nope. There is good. Fun times."

User Image

Vevian was a little surprised to hear that Eryn had spoken with the ‘wingies’ before… she wasn’t sure why, but for some reason thinking about the demon’s penchant for discord paired with the Alatiem’s empathy seemed like it wouldn’t quite work well. But she went and took a seat by Jesse, Geir, and Erik, food hardly sounded good but, she knew the importance of eating while she could. She watched Eryn, hopeful as he knelt by Kailin, seeing the mixed blood’s unconscious flinch away from his hand and she waited for Eryn’s reaction, but it seemed the demon was right, he was able to at least handle it better if nothing else, and she was quite thankful for that.

As for Kailin, he was lost in memories. Hundreds of memories, his and others, so many that he couldn’t quite say who he was, where he was, or what was going on… everything was mashed together and happening all at once… All the pain, and sadness, anguish and suffering. All of the screams and tears, everything was so loud it was deafening. For a moment amongst the chaos there was a voice, flickering of memories that weren’t pain, but they were like a bad connection. The lasted only brief moments, flashing by before they could be acknowledged or be understood and slipping by before he could grab on.

Unbeatable Lunatic

9,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
User Image

Eryn started muttering, words that no one understood. Jesse was teh first to ask. "Whats wrong?" she asked curious. She was worried on multiple levels but Kailin the first concern since he was....well pretty well mentally broken.

Eryn muttered some more before taking his hand off Kailin's arm. "Man handling at the moment. Or fey handling.... didn't work way I was hoping. Hope this will work better." As the demon spoke he was working on getting Kailin's rather uncooperative body to sit upright. There was much moving of limbs and then trying to get Kailin to stop curling into a ball. "Going to try something I saw in his head.....fun fun." He said as he finally got the mixed blood to sit partially up right. Eryn scooted closer and made Kailin lean forward. Two foreheads tapped together and long fingers held the mixed bloods face. "Time to try again."

Nathaniel frowned watching. "I don't think this is the definition of fun." he said helping himself to more food. "Not for you it isn't. Or any of us. But I think its a puzzle. Eryn likes those." Erik said flatly. He really hoped the demon knew what he was doing.

Eryn sat and focused on a single memory, to get everything good memories, laughter, no pain just good company into a one thought. He mentally rolled everything into one image. A big, red apple. Words were cut into the flesh of the fruit. Hullo Kai. And a smiley face added as well. He sent it into the mass of bad memories hoping the condensed memories would act as a beacon or a focus.

User Image

Vevian's worry grew as Eryn began muttering, worrying that something worse had happened, something had gone wrong, or that there wasn't a fix. She watched quite concerned as Eryn tried to shift Kailin's body around, wishing she could help but knowing she couldn't touch the mixed blood without a reaction similar to Nathaniel's. Finally, Kailin was in a position similar to how she'd seen him transfer memories at the start and Eryn set to trying again.

Geir took Jesse's hand, giving it a squeeze, reassuring, both for her sake and his. "If he likes puzzles and problems, it's a good thing he met us," He said shaking his head. They did have the bad habit of getting themselves into some interesting situations. Vevian sighed. "Let's just hope he can figure this one out..." Kailin's body... it was displaying signs that stereo typically in humans, would portray shock... he was fey, but she didn't know how long he'd be ok like this...

Among all of the bad and pain, with Eryn's added focus and push, Kailin was able to actually focus on one, one thought, feeling, and moment. The thought crossed his mind 'Eryn...?' That acknowledgement allowed the memory to take hold over the others. Alone in Savina's prison, an apple rolled in with a happy face and a message. With that, he was able to grasp onto the other memories, the stories, the shared memories, the blanket forts. For a moment, these memories pushed by Eryn's mind offered a safe haven for Kailin's mind, Savina's prison locking out the bad, but it was clear it couldn't hold them back for long, the scene would waver and threaten to shatter back to the madness, but reconstruct itself for now at least.

This was when Eryn had built the blanket forts, the demon bounding about gleefully hanging and draping blankets to create an elaborate structure, Kailin (still too weak to move much) Sat watching him with a smile. But now Kailin, or his mind's version of him, was shaking... this memory so quiet compared to the onslaught he'd faced moment's before. He saw Eryn there too. "E-eryn... what's h-happening..?" The version his mind had created in this safe haven asked, looking scared. He didn't know, it was just chaos, layers and layers of memories happening all at once... He could feel them beyond the thin walls of this place, wating to crash down and consume him again. He didn't know when he was, where he was, and partially who he was... but with the demon's assistance he remembered the prison and he remembered Eryn.

Unbeatable Lunatic

9,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
User Image

Jesse watched concerned and fascinated that Eryn wasn't flinching in pain or anything. The demon seemed to have everything under control. Every now and again she was nudged buy Geir to eat. "Wish I knew what was going on...." She said aloud.

Nathaniel shook his head. "NO you really don't. Bad bad not good nope. You don't want to know." He said flatly. "Saw some of you, Cyric and Erik adn lots of others and nope. Bad idea Red." Nathaniel said shaking his head some more. He didn't want any of the others to have to go through that. One person was bad enough.

Erik smirked. "Finally a smart idea. Leave them, they will figure it out. We need to rest and plan where we can go to regroup and plan another rescue. I have a feeling this time it won't be as easy as it was before. Ten bets to none the queen has figured out that a demon has been our primary way of travel." Erik was if anything a realist. The queen wasn't going to make this easy. That and the way time ran differently between the real world and fey realms...who knew what would happen to Quinn adn Cyric. He had a bad feeling about it all around.

Eryn walked around the little mind room and growled at the memories that were trying to break through. He was glad his little idea worked. Red apple wins all the time in his mind. He had a plan to kill the one who did this to his friend. He started a mental list before he spoke to the mixed blood. "Glad it worked. Hoped it would. Needed to talk to you." Eryn smirked. "Mind palace. Or a piece of one. Your minds gone a bit crazy. Need to focus on something that isn't memories Kai. Memories trying to tear this place apart. Do you have something to think of? Something to hold and think of? Crystal I gave so you can call me won't work... something else. Do you have anything that I can get you?" The demon spoke quickly trying to get all of his idea out as fast as possible. "If you can think of something else, hold something and think memories will slowly fade. Or they quiet some. Not sure which. Worry stones work the same way. Take focus off worry and poof worry gone."

User Image

Vevian’s eyes kept flashing back to Kailin… his body seemed to have relaxed a little, and that was more reassuring than anything else today. She held hope that Eryn could help him, but still it was unnerving all the same. Her eyes dropped back down to her food as Nathaniel said just how bad Kailin’s memories were… she felt terrible about that, that she’d let that happen and she’d been so quick to react without being sure… Instead she focused on Erik’s words. “Eryn asked something similar right after arriving… the bet option I could think of was going back to the Alatiem…. They’re not too far away travel wise.” Vevian said quietly, Geir gave a nod. “I think it’d be a good place to go for now… Alinea and Etain… well, I can’t imagine them turning us away… and it’d give us somewhere to go to plan, and good minds and people to hep the planning.”

Kailin’s tried to keep his eyes on Eryn, but he could feel all the other memories pressing down on him… every time he glanced away, towards one of the others, the present mind room wavered some and threatened to break. He didn’t want to go back to that, he didn’t want to be lost again… He still wasn’t sure what was going on, but he tried to listen to his friend talk. “M-mind p-palace…?” He asked, confused, but his next words made him forget that and listen harder. He tried to think of something, anything that could help, but trying not to focus on the growing weight of the memories was getting hard and he was beginning to panic, the ‘mind palace’ as Eryn called it faltering slightly here and there, almost cutting away like a bad reception. “I-I… I d-don’t…. I-I d-don’t k-know. I-i c-can’t…” His voice was stuttering and even more unsure than normal, the weight pressing down was almost suffocating and the ‘mind palace’ was barely holding up. He didn’t want to go back to the chaos… he didn’t want to go back to being everything and remembering nothing.

He was trembling again, but suddenly, among the panic of impending chaos, one memory stood out. A gift from Alinea, Lisile describing it’s properties… the ones from the labyrinth. His eyes widened. “T-the s-skystone!” but without further explanation, their current safe haven shattered and Kailin’s mind was thrown back into discord. Back in the real world, his body stiffened with the pain once again, subconsciously pulling away from Eryn and curling back up once again, as though trying to make it all go away, but an unconscious reaction from his physical body would do nothing to help his mind, and the skystone hung uselessly from a chord around his neck and tucked under his shirt.

Unbeatable Lunatic

9,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
User Image

Nathaniel stopped eating for a minute. "Alatiem again? Cool. More time to wander around. Love the heights in that place." He said thinking about it. Etain would be more than willing to help, and Alinea would be more than curious as to what the heck happened. He scratched his head though. "But... how would we get Kailin and Lisile there with them being....pretty out of it?"

Jesse hunched forward as she scratched Luc's head. "Dunno how we'd carry Kai unless Eryn carried him." She said quietly. "I would carry Lis. But we see if she wakes before that happens. Would hate to wake up and have her hit me." Erik added.

Eryn flinched a little as the memories flooded the quiet place he had created. He was forcibly thrown from the mixed bloods mind with the word skystone echoing in his head. As Kailin moved away from him Eryn sat a bit dazed wondering what a sky stone looked like. He got the impression that it was on Kailin somewhere. He shook his head a little clearing the proverbial fog and went about patting Kailin down.

Erik watched and raisd a brow. "Looking for something?" He asked curious. Eryn nodded. "Stone a stone. Kailin said something about a stone." The demon answered looking in pockets, in side of the jacket. He looked up and saw a rope like necklace around Kailin's neck. Gently he pulled up and at the end of the necklace was a rock. A rock that in the morning light looked like the sky. "Ooooh. Pretty." He gleefully said as he pulled the necklace over Kailin's head. Gently he pried one of Kailin's hands open and placed the rock in his palm. Eryn then leaned forward touching his forehead to Kailin's. He sent another mental apple rolling into the turmoil. Etched in its side, think stone, was written into the red skin. He sure hoped that it would work at least for the moment. He opened his eyes, turned around and looked at the others. "So. Wingys. What do you want me to tell them?"

User Image

“Kailin… if it’s anything like how he’s been in the past, so long as there’s no skin contact we could probably carry him,” Vevian said, thinking about it. “It’d be tricky but…”
The only other option she could think of would be to try and make something to pull him on but… given that the snow had melted and given way to muddy forest floor filled with rocks and tree roots…. She didn’t think that would work so well. It sounded potentially hazardous, but unless he snapped out of it soon, that was the best way to move him, Geir agreed with that much. “Potentially hazardous but… we don’t have too many other options, do we?” If Eryn could carry him, he didn’t seem to be affected by the mixed bloods memories… or if he was, he was really good at hiding it. His eyes glanced back at Lisile, wishing the dark fey were awake too… She was usually pointedly decisive… and right now, that trait would be terribly useful… but she’d been hit pretty hard, and that coupled with whatever had laced the small blade that punctured her skin…

Vevian visibly tensed back up when it became obvious that Kailin had returned to his prior pained state. She became worried that whatever the demon had been planning had failed, but then Eryn promptly began to search for something on the mixed blood, finding it around his neck. She watched, curiously and concerned as he pulled the stone necklace over his head and placed it in his hand, placing his forehead against Kailin’s once again before turning to them with a question. “well… I guess find Alinea if you can, she may actually be with Etain" She added, remembering how quickly the winged leader had taken to the ifrit. "Explain what's happened with Cyric and Quinn, Ask her if we can keep shelter there until we figure out how to proceed.” Aka, how they could get Cyric back, preferably as quickly as possible… she couldn’t imagine that the Alatiem queen would say no. Vevian’s eyes fell back to Kailin, worried still. “What about Kai, will he be alright?” She asked, hopeful, and Geir was wondering the same thing… Eryn had switched topics pretty easily after all, so he wondered what the solution had been and if it’d been reached.

As for Kailin, he’d lost himself in the memories again, unaware of the present, his body, or the others. Somewhere amongst the chaos however, he became aware of a red apple…. An apple? It rolled into many of the memories where it shouldn’t have been and despite the pain his mind caught the word… ‘stone…?’ his mind repeated back, a tiny drop at first, but slowly the apple was beginning to send a ripple through the other memories, breaking into them as well, causing the effect to grow, and the amount of focus on that single word to increase. It was a slow start, but if it continued, it would snowball.

Unbeatable Lunatic

9,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
User Image

Eryn tilted his head a little. "Fire walkers with wingys....now isn't that something." He said with a grin. He was antsy now. Kailin was in the process of getting help, Lisile was still knocked out, Cyric and Quinn needed rescuing, and the group needed saving. He was itching to get his hands on people responsible. "Finding people I can do. Fire and emotions will focus and find. And relay message."

Jesse smirked as Eryn seemed pretty chipper. She got the idea that he was a bit antsy. Weren't they all. "Sorry you turned into a messenger." She said leaning against Geir. She felt that there was something wrong with her. Fuzzy world was back as was a bit of a chill. "Hurry back?"

Eryn giggled a little. "Back before you can blink." He smiled as he fell back into his own shadow and disappeared. Nathaniel stopped midbite and made a rather amusing face. "Well...didn't know he could do that...' Erik rolled his eyes at that. "We don't know what all he can do. Rest. Relax. It will probably be longer than a blink till he gets back. And then we'll need to get a move on it."

Eryn walked in the shadows following the feeling of ifrits and Alatiem. He muttered the two names, listening to the sounds coming towards him. He was sure that at least he'd find one of them. What he didn't expect was finding both in the same place. He looked through the shadows to see a bedroom. Legs hung over the edge, a set of wings covered bodies, blonde hair and dark red hair mixed. ERyn gave a chuckle. Wasn't that something. He raised up out of the shadow just a little. Red eyes opened and blinked and then glared. "Alie, we have an unwelcome visitor...." THe ifrit woman said grumbling tiredly. "The shadows have purple eyes....you're the queen. Deal with it darlin'"

User Image

“Eryn’s full of surprises.” Geir said when Nathaniel said he didn’t know the demon could do that… Eryn always seemed to be doing surprising things, but most of the time it was in order to help them. Vevian gave a nod, agreeing with Erik. “We should rest while we can… If Alinea offers us shelter, we’ll be traveling most of the next few days,” Geir sighed. “We’ve never exactly been great at waiting…” The thief pointed out… he was anxious to get going… he was worried about Cyric and Quinn… His eyes fell back to Kailin too, and it didn’t seem like much had changed. Vevian too, glanced away from the mixed blood. “No… but we don’t really have another option at the moment until we get a plan…” Geir frowned “You’re right… “ He glanced down at Jesse, and lightly kissed the top of her head. “You look tired dove,” granted, it hadn’t exactly been a peaceful morning… but… he was still worried about her, she was wounded. “You should get some rest while you can.” It’d help he heal quicker if nothing else.

Alinea had been sleeping so wonderfully, Good dreams, warm and comfy, and great company. Her arm had been across Etain’s stomach, legs intertwined, wing covering her lower body… and that’s when she heard a voice and sleepily blinked awake. “Huh?” She asked, still in that half sleep state, looking half lidded at Etain. “The…shadows…?” Her mind was groggy with sleep, and long blonde hair loose from it’s braid fell in her face. She looked into the shadows and sure enough there were two purple eyes looking back at her. She didn’t sense any ill-will or emotion coming from whatever ‘it’ was, though her money was on a demon… interesting. “How much did we drink last night…?” She grumbled under her breath as Etain told her to deal with it.

She pushed herself up onto her elbows, golden hair falling around her shoulders and pooling onto the pillows. She tried to make out more of the form in the shadows, but… with curtains drawn the room was almost pitch dark, though the two purple eyes stood out like beacons. It’d been a long time since she’d had a run in with any demon, a very long time indeed, but she still remembered how they felt and appeared, and she had no doubt there was one here now… although… none of the ill-will… and thats what was confusing about it all. “Lovely eyes, no doubt rest of you is too.” She commented, that relaxed and flirty smile falling back into place. “But I am curious what brings a demon to my city, and even more so my bedroom?” Although she still looked sleepy, tousled hair and pajamas, golden eyes were alight and awake now, holding the purple ones with a curious interest.

Unbeatable Lunatic

9,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
User Image

There was a chuckle from the shadows. "Apparently not enough." He said smiling broadly. Oh this was definitely an interesting development. "Two ifrits and a winged one. What a strange sight."

A male hand raised over Alinea's wing and gave the demon a one finger salute. It made Eryn laugh some more. "A set of oddlings is what brings a demon to your city, to your bedroom. Oddlings you've helped, ones I call family, and ones who have been....kidnapped." Eryn said the smile falling off his face. "Some are injured, one needs......help in a different way and two need rescued. I came to ask if they could seek shelter." Eryn said flatly. The amusement had long since gone, this was business. Deal making, what he was born for but hadn't done in a while. "Do they have a place or should I start looking else where?"

Jesse stuck her tongue out at Geir. "Tired is what I've been for a while Geir. This whole quest is tiring." She said with a small smile. "BUt I think I will sleep. Because after we need to plan how to get Cyric and Quinn back."

Erik shook his head. "Just sleep Jesse. Planning will come once Eryn gets back. So far its been longer than a blink." The human was worried. He didn't know how they were going to get Cyric and Quinn back. He had no idea about what would happen to them while thye were in the bright court. "Why don't you all go back to sleep. I'll take watch and keep things level here."

User Image

"Strange maybe." Alinea admitted as Feric flipped the demon off. "But it's certainly warm if nothing else." She said with a smile, letting her wing lightly smack Feric as she said as much. The flirty teasing look fell from her smile with the demon's next words. She sat up more fully in the bed, pushing herself up and careful not to hit the other two with her wings. She didn't have to ask him to elaborate just which group of oddlings he was talking about... she didn't know that many who would potentially have befriended a demon. She stood from the bed and walked halfway towards the shadow. The word kidnapped certainly wasn't reassuring, the mention of some being injured and needing help also wasn't helping... "They are always welcome here." She reaffirmed, she had made that offer and had no thoughts to dispel it. She wanted to ask what had happened exactly, who had been hurt... but it could be discussed once they were here. "Do they need assistance getting here, and is there anything I can do to help in the meantime?"

Geir smiled as Jesse stuck her tongue out and then sighed. Yeah, the quest was tiring... it seemed like the further in they got the more they were getting hurt, getting stretched thin, the more life or death situations that happened... He did give a nod though. "And plan we will, But first, sleep" He agreed. Then Erik offered to take watch and let them sleep... he didn't know if he could sleep right now... he honestly felt like sleep was out of reach but... at the same time.. even just laying down and resting could be beneficial. "Worth a shot. Let us know when Eryn comes back?" He said with a shrug, following Jesse over. Vevian frowned... despite the eventful and stessful morning... naps weren't exactly something her body, or sleep schedule, were accustomed to. "I know rest is important... but... I think I'll lend a hand keeping watch instead." Her eyes glanced back over to Kailin and it didn't help her frown much... it didn't seem like anything had changed with the mixed blood yet... A quick look over to Lisile too showed the dark fey to still be out as well.

Unbeatable Lunatic

9,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
User Image

Erik smirked again as the male ifrit got hit. "Two ifrits should make it plenty warm." HE muttered. He saw red eyes glitter from under dark hair ."And plenty of ways to make it hotter still." She said sleepily. The amusement in those red eyes died when he mentioned the group. "Oh dear what have they gotten into now." She muttered.

Eryn shook his head as the Alatiem spoke. "They will walk. I think they want to plot and scheme along the way. Do you know how the stone works. The one that looks like sky? Kailin is lost in his mind, plagued with bad memories. I need to bring him back otherwise I'm the only one to carry him. His memories don't phase me, demon ad what not." He explained. He was worried about Kailin. He really hoped that there was something he could do to help. But what else could he do. All he could do is play messenger at the moment. "If there is nothing else, they need a place to stay and you have provided then I am going to go back to them. I've stayed far longer than a heart beat."

Etain looked at the demon as she sat up. "Tell them I send my regards. And that we will get the wayward boys back." Etain said scratching at her head. When Feric rolled over she smacked him. "Get up lazy. We've got work to do." There was some grumbling from the guy but he did get up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff