Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

"Not today," Arik told him with a small shake of her head. "We have a project due next week. Just a little mini lab project. Here, you can get in my group if you want," he said, watching him carefully, not sure if the boy even liked him or not. "How are your biology skills?"
Mikhail gave Arik an owlish blink of his violet eyes, the color seeming to brighten. "I was the top in my class at my old school," he admitted. His eyes went to Arik's book for a moment before looking away and down to his feet. He had no books, no bag. Not even a pen and paper. "Science is always easy."
User Image

Arik found it surprisingly that the two of them actually worked so well together for the rest of the period, doing their experiment almost perfectly. He smiled when they were finally finished. "Glad you were working with me. This probably would have taken a day and a half."
"No doubt," Mikhail concurred, glancing around as everyone packed up. He was just glad Arik hadn't noticed a certain thing Mikhail had kept doing during the entire project. Having Arik write everything out and read the problems as if Mikhail couldn't quite remember the words after staring at the paper. He released a breath, standing. "I suppose I'll see you here on Friday, right? Wednesdays and Fridays are this class?"
User Image

Arik nodded his head a little bit at him. "Yeah," he said, watching the boy carefully. "I would think about getting the books and some pen and paper for your classes. It will help a lot. Even if you were top of the class at your old school."
"Maybe," was all Mikhail said before he went walking briskly out the door just as the bell rang. It was one reason he had never wanted to go to a normal school like this, everyone would eventually notice something was wrong with him. When that day came he knew that he wouldn't want to stay here anymore.
"You know, there is something odd about Mikhail," Arik muttered to Tina and Rebecca when he met up with them after class. "He doesn't own anything and when I was working with him in Biology, he would wait until I wrote down everything and read the question outloud..."
Tina shrugged, "Maybe he just wanted to make sure you were wording stuff right?" she offered. She glanced to Becca and nudged her friend, "How's Jesse? He texted me last night about a surprise for you, but I'm not supposed to tell you what it is."
User Image

Rebecca looked over at Tina for a moment and frowned a bit. A surprise for her? She raised her eyebrows and gave her a small smile with a little blush on his face. "He's doing good. He actually likes it over there. He says the accents are really nice and he is doing well in the drama club at the school."
Tina smiled, glancing at Arik for a moment. They had a plan of sending Rebecca over to visit France to surprise Jesse next week on Thanksgiving break. "That's awesome. Maybe when Arik is dating Mikhail you guys go double date!"
User Image

"What makes us so sure that I am going ot be dating Mikhail? We don't even know if he's gay or bisexual and he doesn't seem keen on opening up to us...I don't know.." Arik said, rolling his eyes at Tina. "Besides, Hope said I looked older. I'm not going to stress."
Mikhail paused just outside the door to his biology class, able to see Arik inside sitting at their table. Mikhail had been avoiding the lunch room for the past few days but he couldn't skip classes. With a sigh, he walked through the door just as the bell rang and took his seat. He still didn't have anything with him. "Are we still supposed to be working on the project?" he asked Arik in a low tone.
User Image

Arik looked over at Mikhail for a moment and frowned a bit. There was something odd about him, that was for sure. "No, I actually finished the report up for us." They only had to turn in one report, so it had both their names up at the top. "Today, he's actually going to lecture."
Mikhail's shoulders relaxed slightly and he leaned back in his seat as the teacher stood up, turned off all the lights and pressed a button to turn on the projector. Mikhail's entire body went stiff at the older man's words.

"I want all of you to take notes on the lecture today and hand them in at the end of class to show me what you're actually getting from it."

Mikhail barely kept his jaw from dropping open. He looked down at the empty desk top in front of him and swallowed. His violet eyes seeming to flash as the teacher started speaking.
User Image

Arik had noticed out of the corner of his eye. He frowned even more and pulled out an extra pen and paper for the other. "Here, since you don't have anything yet, I'll give you this pen and some paper," he whispered quietly as he pushed them toward the other.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff