Welcome to Gaia! ::

Catramblish's Partner

Akiyo felt a similar reaction from taking a bite out of the tofu Ruka made, but he didn't visibly show it. Ruka had made tons of spicy dishes in the past, including this one, so he knew what to expect. When he first tried the food, he didn't realize how spicy it would be, and ended up downing two glasses of water after a few huge spoonfuls. Now, he took smaller bites and balanced it with the occasional glass of water. However, to see Haruka's reaction almost made him burst out laughing again. "Here, drink up," he said, pouring her a glass of water from the pitcher on the table. "I didn't know you were so sensitive to spicy foods either. To be honest, I think this is your first real spicy dish since coming here."
Haruka took the glass of water gratefully and downed it in one go before continuing to eat. It was hard, but Ruka had made it specially for her and Akiyo, and it was very good, just spicy.

"Some people are like that," Ruka said, sitting down herself. "I'm the same, really, I've got a tongue sensitive to certain tastes, I've just gotten used to eating spicy food and drinking bitter drinks." She smiled at Haruka, still working hard on the mapo tofu. "Maybe we should try teaching you how to cook, Haruka. You seem to be even more sensitive than I am, it's a big help when cooking."

Haruka responded when she took a moment to catch her breath. "Maybe... It might be fun," she said, glancing at Akiyo. She wanted to see if she could use a sword again, too, but she didn't want to intrude on Ruka's suggestion. She'd done more for Haruka than the girl could've ever asked for.

Catramblish's Partner

Akiyo noticed Haruka's almost disappointed look at Ruka's suggestion of cooking and cut in a bit to help Haruka out. "You know," he started, wiping his mouth with a napkin, "Haruka told me just before dinner that she used to be able to use a katana. It's one of her few memories she has of her past. Maybe she could try to use one once more?" Akiyo gave Haruka a smile before turning back to Ruka. He knew Ruka needed help in the kitchen with food, especially with twins on the way, so he added afterwards, "I've been reading up on some fascinating cook books, and I'm sure I could help you in here, Ruka. It shouldn't be too hard to cook once you know the tips and tricks."
"Oh!" Ruka said in surprise. That Haruka was recovering some memories was a very pleasant surprise. She understood that since they hadn't mentioned it until now, it was probably nothing major, but it was still nice to see. "Well, I certainly don't mind if you want to help, Akiyo," Ruka said to him with a smile before looking at Haruka.
"Remembering an old skill seems like a good way to go for recovering more memories. What do you say we go out tomorrow and look at something you can practice with, Haruka?"

Haruka's face lit up at the suggestion. "That would be great," she said warmly, giving Akiyo a grateful look. "But, uhm... I don't mind learning how to cook too. It sounds fun. Akiyo could help you and I could help him."

"Just try to keep the flirting to a minimum, then," Ruka said with a slight grin, which only widened when Haruka blushed in response and went back to her food.

Catramblish's Partner

Akiyo grinned at Haruka's reaction and went back to his own food for a time. What Ruka made really was extraordinary, and he felt like it would be hard to replicate. It seemed like she had the perfect touch of spices and blend in general. However, he knew cooking would get difficult for her soon. At that thought, he perked up a bit and, finishing his glass of water, began again with a new conversational topic. "I'm going to start coming home sooner, Ruka. With the babies coming soon, I don't want you to be burdened with the housework alone." Her belly was getting uncomfortably round, he could see that much with her. It wouldn't be so much if it was just one baby, but two? He couldn't imagine the difficulties, not even with one. "When are they due, Ruka? Is it any day now?" Ruka didn't often talk of her pregnancy, not unless it was with Rintarou. Akiyo heard snippets here and there, but nothing major from her. He just wanted to know when to prepare for the births and to mentally do so as well. He knew at that time he'd take over most of the housework for a time, at least until Ruka was able to.
Haruka tensed up at the mention of the babies. It was a nervous subject for her. She didn't know the first thing about fox kits, much less human children. Hell, she was still a baby by her own species' standards. She really wanted to help like Akiyo was offering to do, but it was still enormously nervous to her.

Ruka grimaced and shook her head, placing a hand on her belly. "No, they've got another two months or so. I was just thin in the first place, it was almost as bad when Chika was about to be born," she said, a flicker of immense grief going through her eyes, almost too short to spot.
"They're due in the beginning of March, so I do suppose I need to start taking it easier soon. Any help would be appreciated, Akiyo," she said with a smile at him. Ruka didn't show it often, but she was a fiercely independent woman. Even though she said that, most likely she'd still try to do most things on her own.
"Two months..." Ruka said with a gentle smile, looking down at her belly. "I suppose we should start thinking of baby names more seriously... Rintarou and I have just bantered about them, rather than made any firm decisions. We know it's a boy and a girl now, at least." Ruka smiled and looked up at Akiyo since that situation was just like him and Akane.

Catramblish's Partner

Akiyo nodded, smiling. "I always wondered what it would be like to have a brother for a twin, but I really liked having Akane around." At the thought of his twin sister, Akiyo's face grew a bit saddened as he started to eat more of his meal. He still needed to make amends with her, but it was hard because neither Misa nor Akane understood who Haruka was and, instead, were completely wary of her to the point of outright suggesting she not to be trusted. It hurt him, really. But, shaking off these feelings now, Akiyo smiled to Ruka, saying, "I'm sure you'll find something. Do you have any ideas that you wouldn't mind sharing now? I'm quite curious, actually."
"Let's see..." Ruka said, leaning back in her seat. "For a boy we've said Kohaku, Shirou, Yuu, Yuuma, Hotaka, and Ayumu," she continued, counting off on her fingers. They'd said other names, but those were the ones Ruka herself mostly favoured. Particularly Shirou, Yuu, and Kohaku. Shirou was a name that Ruka had always liked, preferring to use the sign for 'white' instead of the signs for 'four' and 'son', as was the most common. Yuu and Kohaku were both names commonly used by Umito, and Ruka didn't want to let go of her society that easily. Kohaku was a bit too formal for Rintarou, she already knew, though.
"For a girl, I like Emi, Kaede, or Miu. Rintarou's more partial to Sachi, Sora, or Hina." Ruka suddenly grinned mischievously at Haruka. "Before a certain someone came, the name we were set on was actually Haruka," she teased, though what she said was true.

Haruka flushed a deep red and squirmed a little. "Sorry..." she said awkwardly.

Ruka laughed a little at the fox girl. "You don't need to apologize, dear. You have a beautiful name, and it suits you perfectly. We don't mind thinking a bit more, we do still have two months after all."

Catramblish's Partner

"You're right, Ruka," Akiyo said with a devilish look in his eye. "Haruka does have a beautiful name." He gave a wink to his girlfriend, letting her know he was only teasing, but he did think her name was fairly beautiful. But, being serious, he said, "Well, let us know what you decide, if you decide beforehand, or if you want to keep it a secret, that's fine by me. I don't mind surprises." With that, Akiyo finished his meal and started to get up to take plates to the sink to clean them. It was his night to do the dishes, even if Ruka might protest. He needed to do some housework and not seem lazy. He was their son now, after all, or at least almost, until the adoption was final.
Haruka was almost completely healthy the next day and went to school holding Akiyo's hand as if it was the most natural thing in the world, humming lightly to herself. After hearing about Yuki and Natsu, her mood had become extremely bright. She even gave Akiyo a peck on the lips without blushing.
As soon as they stepped into the classroom, Haruka launched herself at Yuki and hugged her. "I'm so proud of you, Yuki!" she said happily.

"Ha-Haruka! W-we're in the classroom!" the white haired girl objected, blushing deeply when she noticed people were staring at her and Haruka. She looked at Akiyo and Haru, her eyes pleading for help.

Akane had been talking to Misa about something, naturally putting her hand on Misa's wrist. The hand clenched almost the second she heard Haruka's voice. "God damnit," she whispered, her voice catching a bit in her throat as she had to hold back tears. It had been a small hope, but she'd really hoped the youkai girl had just up and left, disappeared from their lives. Then things could've gone back to normal.

Catramblish's Partner

Misa nearly pounded her fist on the desk, she was so angry. She had hoped her warning had warded Haruka off, but apparently it hadn't. It pissed her off more than anything in the world right now, because Akane was about to cry, she could tell. "Listen, I can give her a better warning, or even do something. I don't care what, I just want this torture for you to end. It's not fair to you. Akiyo should be close to you, not her. She shouldn't mean anything to him, I don't know why a slut like her would." Misa didn't like how clingy Haruka was around Akiyo and even Yuki. It just rubbed her the wrong way, made her even angrier at the girl.
Akane shook her head fiercely. "I can't... I can't ask you to do that, Misa! If Akiyo found out, he'd never forgive me!" she whispered. She felt like she was getting more upset by the second.
"I just want to have my brother back, but he'll never accept me, or you, as long as we're against her," Akane continued bitterly, glaring at Haruka. "I won't do that, I can't! She's not human, she's a monster! The same kind of monster that's hurt you so badly!" Akane leaned her head down and gripped Misa's sleeve even tighter.
"I wish she'd just disappear..."

Catramblish's Partner

Misa shook her head. "I wish she would too. I mean.. where the hell did she even come from? Just popped in on the lawn of a couple who was housing a stray boy? That makes no sense, things like that don't just happen. She's a danger, I can sense it. I feel it." Misa could feel, through her own youkai, how dangerous Haruka was. She could sense her power, whether the girl could or not. It was unsettling. "We need to do something about this, whether Akiyo hates us or not. Do you want to find out he's lying dead somewhere because of her?"
Akane closed her eyes. Misa was right, she knew that. The idea of being hated by Akiyo was an extremely painful one, one that Akane could barely stand to even think about. He was her twin, her other half. But... the idea of him being dead was even worse.
"Give her... another warning," Akane said, looking at Misa again. "If she doesn't listen, then we'll have to do something."
Akane took Misa's hand under their desks and gripped it tightly. "If you were the one in danger, Misa... I don't think I'd be able to restrain myself," Akane said softly to her friend. Her eyes flashed dangerously, and several lamps in the room suddenly exploded from a surge of electricity, making people cry out in surprise and interrupting the conversation Yuki, Haruka, Haru, and Akiyo had been having.
"I'd kill her myself," Akane said softly. Her powers had developed to the point where she could be considered a human weapon. Even Misa, with her enhanced strength from the kasha, would be in danger if she and Akane were to fight.

Catramblish's Partner

Misa smiled dangerously. "Oh, don't worry," she said, snapping her fingers to create a small flame to show Akane. "I'll give her another warning alright." She went further into her plan with Akane, detailing how she'd corner Haruka outside in a ring of fire when the girl least expected it, all while Akane herself would try to talk Akiyo out of dating her and to completely ignore Haruka. "I won't hurt her too badly, you know, I'll only use small fire whips to give her burn cuts here and there. Maybe then she'll stay away if she actually gets hurt."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff