Welcome to Gaia! ::

Catramblish's Partner

Akiyo watched in awe next to Ruka and Rintarou as Haruka swung the sword around. It was exhilarating to watch his girlfriend suddenly go into expert mode while she tested the sword out. It was a whole new side of her he had never seen before, and it was breathtaking. He watched her in silence, not knowing what to say, but he didn't want to break her concentration. However, he turned to Ruka, saying, "I had no idea.... She'll definitely be able to protect herelf with this now. She might not even need that much training." To Akiyom it looked as if Haruka had been training for years before this moment.
"I don't know much about fighting, martial arts, or weapons," Rintarou said, looking on as Haruka switched to a slightly longer blade. "But she certainly seems to know what she's doing... She must've had years of training before losing her memories... She's not even looking at katana like lengths anymore, those are nodachi!" He shook his head. Nodachi were two handed swords, but she was swinging one around, even if it was a wooden one, with one hand.

Haruka tried several more wooden swords after that, eventually settling on one almost as tall as she was, with a scabbard to match. She handled it expertly, even the shopkeeper had to concede that it was perfect for her. Ruka bought it, along with a cloth Haruka could wrap it in. Whether it could withstand Misa's flames was up in the air, but it was something. If Misa really thought of Haruka as dangerous, it might keep her away, at least.
"What do you think?" Haruka asked Akiyo on the way back to the car. "I think I used to fight with the sword in one hand and the scabbard in the other... I'm glad we got what we did."

Catramblish's Partner

Akiyo ruffled the top of Haruka's head, smiling gently at her. "I am too. You looked magnificent wielding that sword, it was almost unreal. You looked like you were from an anime or something, that's how awesome you looked." He wasn't obsessed over Haruka's skills, but he really did love them. It brought out a whole new side of her he had never seen before, one of confidence, serenity, and expert skill. He was curious to see her full potential with a weapon like that.
Even if Haruka's skills were still sharp despite her memory loss, there was no telling how long it had been since she practiced. She felt a need to do so immediately when they came home, and went outside into the yard.
When Haruka first pulled her sword, she felt as if she had no idea what to do with it. She swung it around awkwardly a few times... then it was like something clicked. She didn't remember the katas that she'd learned, but her body did, and soon settled into them. At first Haruka was just swinging the wooden sword, drawing wide arcs through the air, but soon her scabbard joined the fray. Amazingly, despite both the scabbard and sword being almost as tall as Haruka, they never got tangled in each other, they never hit the ground, and they never hit Haruka herself. With slight flicks in her wrists, Haruka could completely change the direction her weapons were going. Her skill with the blades was almost like her pure physical strength... beyond human. Something more. Despite being in her full human form, Haruka couldn't keep her true nature from leaking out while training, her slit eyes glinting as they reflected the setting sun.

Catramblish's Partner

Akiyo watched Haruka from a far, only being able to see her as a shadow, considering where he was sitting on the side of the house, she was in the setting sun. He didn't know if she knew he was there, but it was just a wonder for him to watch her. He really enjoyed this new side of her, and was curious to see more. He even had a sketch pad near him to draw silhouetted images of his girlfriend against the sun. He wasn't the best drawer in the world, but they turned out very well. He kept doing so as she practiced, drawing different poses of her. Surprisingly, he found this very calming and relaxing to do, especially after they day they've had.
Eventually Haruka moved inside again, taking Akiyo's hand and pulling him with her with a smile. "I feel better now. Thanks for pushing me, Akiyo," she said, and gave him a light kiss before wrapping up her sword in the cloth again. "If Misa tries something, I won't let her do that to me again. I'll be ready."

"If you two are done flirting, dinner's ready soon. Sorry it's a bit early, but I thought you two would be hungry after today," Ruka said, lightly teasing the young couple. She couldn't help but do so. She was very happy for the two of them.

Catramblish's Partner

Akiyo smiled to Ruka and nodded, letting her know that they'd be ready soon. When she was out of sight, Akiyo kissed Haruka more, holding the side of her face as he did. Pulling back, he said, "I'm happy that you'll be able to practice as you want to, love." He held her there for a bit, loving the moment they were having together, before pulling away to lead her into the kitchen for dinner.
Haruka strode into the classroom with Akiyo confidently the next day, wearing her spare uniform and with her cloth wrapped new sword on her back, heading over to her seat next to Haru. Natsu and Mai were in the classroom, talking to Yuki and Haru when Haruka and Akiyo came. The two sisters were still a bit awkward with each other, but had still quickly made up, meaning that Natsu and Mai had essentially joined their little friend group. Before reaching her seat, Haruka threw Misa a defiant look and a slight smirk, showing that she wasn't defeated just yet.

"Hey, I heard you and Haruka left early yesterday. Something wrong?" Natsu asked curiously when Akiyo reached them too.

Catramblish's Partner

Once Misa saw Haruka walk into the classroom, her anger immediately spiked again. What was worse, she saw the look Haruka's face and she nearly slammed her fist on the table, probably breaking it, in anger. Instead, she seethed for a while, giving Akane looks. It took her some time before she could mutter, "Dumb b***h is asking for it." She saw the sword too, and that wooden plaything of Haruka's didn't scare Misa one bit. She figured it was more for show than tell anyway.

Akiyo looked to Natsu and nodded, sitting down next to Natsu and the others that were sitting. "Haruka's been having some trouble with Misa and, from what I can assume, Akane as well. Misa's been antagonizing Haruka, so yesterday she needed a breather. We went home, but everything should be okay now." He looked up to Haruka and smiled, knowing that if she showed Natsu the sword and what she could do, that Natsu would absolutely love Haruka.
Natsu frowned at that. "The ******** is with that? I'm going to go have a talk with her," she said, and walked over to Misa's desk before anyone could stop her, slamming her good hand down on it.
"Hey. I don't know what your problem is, but leave Haruka alone. She's a great fricking person, who helped me and my sister make up after two years of fighting. She doesn't deserve to be treated badly, by anyone. Much less by her boyfriend's sister and her friend," she said, glaring at Misa and Akane.

Catramblish's Partner

Misa looked up at Natsu, immediately standing up to look the girl evenly in the eye with a cold look. "You don't even know what you're talking about, and unless you do, you can keep yourself out of this matter, cripple." Misa walked out of the room, right after she walked past Natsu and shoved her arm in Natsu's harshly. She didn't need to put up with this s**t, much less from a girl who didn't matter to Misa.
Natsu winced in pain when Misa shoved her, but didn't let that stop her, nor did the insult of 'cripple' really bother her, she heard things like that from her class every day. She went after Misa, but was stopped by Mai, who caught up to the black haired girl quicker, grabbing her shoulder, hard.

"How about you don't be so rude to people, yeah? You started this, and now you get violent and insult someone who's just protecting her friend? Who the ******** do you think you are?" Mai snapped, ignoring the look Hanako was giving her from her seat.

Akane looked on helplessly from her seat. She wanted to defend Misa, but after collapsing yesterday she felt worse than ever. She could barely get up from her seat, much less help Misa.

Catramblish's Partner

"Don't you people realize anything?" Misa was angry now, almost unable to keep her anger under control. "Haruka is the reason Akane can't make amends with Akiyo, and it's slowly making Akane feel worse and worse. The ambulance yesterday? Did you even notice? Not the first time something like that has happened, but the first for an ambulance actually being called. No one cares about Akane except for me because no one bothers to. Your 'friend' is already ******** protected, so that leaves the question of who is protecting Akane." The girl was on fire, she wanted to leave, but at the same time didn't, so she kept going. "Akane has lost everything, and has for a long a** time. Her mother ******** wiped her memory and she just got it back, only to just remember what she was missing when she lost her home. We're not able to go to Shioshishio anymore, and Akane only has me. We only have each other. And if it wasn't for that goddamn demon who acts all cute and innocent all the damn time, Akiyo might be here for Akane too. She's only looking out for him too, and I'm looking out for her. Back the ******** off." Misa walked out, too angry to deal with this "Mai" person anymore.
Mai's eyes flashed, but she stopped herself. With a sigh and an apologetic look at Natsu, she headed over to Kyo and Hanako's desks, leaning down close to the two of them.
"I know I went too far, but I'm worried. Before you yell at me, think. You know we can't have a youkai based war in a human school, it's exactly what we were worried about," she said quietly to her 'siblings'.

Hanako looked at Mai carefully for a long moment, then sighed and nodded. "Don't approve of your methods, but can't argue. Need to keep a close eye on the situation," she said, and glanced at Kyo. He was the only one who could keep an eye on things without getting directly involved.

Catramblish's Partner

Sho nodded. "I don't approve either, but I do agree as well. We need to keep them separated. The closer they get to each other, the worse everything becomes, and two youkai in the same place is bad enough. A fight between them, a huge all out brawl will cause more youkai to be attracted to this area. We can't have that." Sho thought for a moment about the situation. He and Shizuka haven't gotten directly involved with anyone else before, only Yoake has. But since Shizuka didn't have the best tact or social skills compared to her siblings, Sho thought it was time he'd intervene too. "I'm going to get closer to Misa and Akane, it might help them to know someone is willing to help. I don't mind playing a role, even getting emotional if I have to, despite me wanting to, but we all need to keep in mind that these are roles that we play. I don't think any of us need sibling fighting right now." He knew in their past that, especially when it came to Yoake, masses of fighting would break out, usually causing natural disasters. But right now they were all just playing parts, they didn't need a fight. "Hanako will be the mediator if things go wrong, we need a neutral party in this." Sho used her school name just so no one around them would find it odd that he was referring to Shizuka by a different name.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff