Welcome to Gaia! ::

Floppy Member

16,175 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

Alexander had a good chuckle as his future wife joked that she only had two weeks left with which she was able to sleep with other men. Annalise wouldn't dream of such a thing, he knew. Even he wouldn't imagine doing such a thing in his life, but the temptation to make a joke was there, and he would have, certainly, if Anna hadn't turned to Virginie and asked which of the two men she should take to bed. That was the point in which things ceased to be funny.

Both at once? How obscene. How would two men share a bed with a woman, anyway? It didn't work like that, and Alexander didn't like the gusto which which Virginie and Lola encouraged the joking. Smith, at least, seemed a little reluctant to answer, though he did smile and answer that he would. Even Kenley chuckled and nodded his head in agreement. What was this world coming to?

The King scowled at his younger friend, and once Kenley caught sight of the pointed look he offered an apologetic smile in return. No, the only person who would be warming the future Queen's bed would be Alexander. And that's the way it would be for the rest of their days.

Deciding to change the subject, Alexander cleared his throat, “Did you want to send for your family, Anna? I know how your parents feel about certain things, but I wasn't sure if you wanted them at the celebration afterwords.” Oh, what a sight that would be. No, they weren't the mercenaries they once were, but how out of place they would seem. Still, if they wanted to come and Annalise wanted them there, he would make every attempt at making them comfortable and welcome.

- - - -

Carlotta scowled at the explanation as to how her husband received the bruise on his face. Not because she had any inclination that he was telling her a lie, of course, but because she didn't like the thought of someone being so careless. “You tell that brute to be more careful,” she advised him, knowing full and well he would never do so, “I can't have him marring my husband's perfect face.” Oh, she was very grateful it wasn't his eye or his teeth. Carlotta couldn't imagine a toothless Theodore. Not that she would love him any less if he was.

Theodore asked how her day had been and she let out an exaggerated sigh, falling back beside him on the bed on her back. “Dreadfully dull,” she admitted, “I'll be grateful when the house is finished.. it will at least give me something to fill my days with besides reading and sewing and taking tea with Ruth.” Then, as if suddenly remembering, she turned her face to look at him with a small smile, “I penned a letter for my parents. Again. And one to your sister, as well. I know that you don't want to know of.. what is going on in Penwood, so I won't tell you anything if she writes back. But I did promise her I would write. I feel sorry for the poor girl.. though I imagine her life is much more.. fulfilling now that she's married.” Carlotta grinned to herself, “I know mine is.”

IRL Hellraiser

29,150 Points
  • Married 100
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

тнεσ∂σяε яσтнεмвυяg ||| αηηαℓιsε ℓσcкε∂αу

tab Annalise rolled her eyes while her back was still to Alexander. He went and changed the subject because he was a party pooper. Was he so uptight that he couldn't laugh at a joke? He knew she'd never welcome another man to her bed. Was he so possessive that he couldn't even stomach the jest? Annalise could only turn around to give him a disapproving glare. One thing he was going to have to get used to was her doing and saying what she pleased. Honestly, she didn't care what he felt about her humor. He could love it or hate it, but he wouldn't silence her. If he was so set on believing he owned her, then he was going to lose her. Annalise was with him by choice, not because he was the King or because he had rights to her.

"You can send my family an invitation," Annalise replied insipidly, turning away from him again and taking a seat by Virginie and Lola. "If they come or not is up to them. I would love to have them, but I know how they are."

Annalise picked up a few almonds and began to munch upon them, her desire to speak to Alexander all but lost. She'd been having such fun until he came around to crush it all. One thing she missed about being with Theodore was that he could handle anything. Any joke, any remark, any action; he could take anything and come out of it laughing or light hearted. Nothing really fazed him, and he was free. Anna was absolutely free with him. With Alexander she had certain freedoms, but many things were taken away from her.

"Smith, I'm finding myself with a headache," Annalise said, looking to the doctor. "Perhaps you could make me something?"

"Certainly. I will away to mix you something now, if you'll excuse me," Smith answered, standing up. He gave a hasty bow towards Alexander before striding off towards the castle walls.

Theodore stared up at the canopy as Carlotta flopped down beside him. She wrote letters today, it seemed. She never got a reply from the first letter she sent her parents, and Theodore didn't want to put nasty thoughts into her head about it. Something could have happened to them. After all, Mr. Hartford was unwell. He was corpulent, wheezy, altogether grotesque, and a long journey to the north could have been overkill. Mrs. Hartford might have died of grief, if that was the case. Maybe they got robbed on the highway, killed. Maybe their wagon overturned and crushed them. Maybe they caught sickness and died. Or maybe the letter just never arrived, seeing as their residence was so new and unknown. Maybe their reply never found its way to Carlotta. There were endless possibilities. Hopefully... her newest letter would reach safe parents and be returned without incident.

"Tellie will like to hear from you," Theodore commented. "I'm not quite interested in hearing from her though. Or any of them." The bad blood between he and his family still bubbled warm. Unlike Anna, he wasn't ready to forgive them for what they did. They just tossed him around like a pawn in their game. Associating with them made his stomach ache.

Crossing his arms over his eyes, Theodore sighed. "I have to go back to port later. I think I'll take a nap now."

User Image_______________

Floppy Member

16,175 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

It seemed Annalise's mood was changing again. Already. Could she not simply remain happy with him or something he'd done for a day or so? She was always so angry and frustrated, it seemed. Or extremely happy. Back and forth. At least she was eating the almonds this time, and not throwing them at him. He'd hate to have to deal with that sort of treatment with an audience. Yes, Virginie, Lola, Kenley and Smith were not people to go about gossiping that the King allowed his future wife to treat him poorly, but it didn't mean Alexander wouldn't be mortified at the audience.

It was hard for him to relax and stay light hearted. At least all of the time. For the most part, he did a fairly good job. But he'd been raised to be proper and stoic at most times. Annalise would have to learn when was appropriate to act like this and when it wasn't appropriate. Now was a time that was.. well, more acceptable than most. She was among friends. But she understood that. Surely she wouldn't go throwing almonds at him at some feast.

“Thank you, Smith,” Alexander said, as the older man got up and hurried away to mix something up for Anna's headache. Though, Alexander was certain the headache had more to do with him interrupting her little picnic than anything. Carefully, Alexander eased himself down in the small group of people, though as soon as he sat down, he realized that perhaps the four of them would prefer that he wasn't sitting there with them. That was how most people felt about his presence. It made them uneasy. They thought they had to walk on eggshells with him about and were unable to be their true selves. “Well, Anna, if you'd like to write your family a letter, I will have it delivered and we will host them here for the wedding.” With a sigh, he made to push himself up again. “I'll see you for dinner?”

- - - -

“I know you aren't interested,” Carlotta answered him with a small smile, “I advised her as much. Still, I thought I would tell you that I'd written her.” Must her husband always be so set in his ways? It was either what he wanted or nothing at all, at times. No, no, that wasn't true. He had done a lot for her, and she couldn't complain. These thoughts were all in her head.

Theo covered his eyes with his forearm, complaining that he'd have to go back out later on in the day, and that he'd like for a nap in the mean time. Carlotta had to smile at herself. He was working so hard on making his dream a reality. He wanted to be a captain, and here he was.. applying himself and not giving up until it became real. If only his dream had been to be a wealthy man with a family.. then they'd all be happy. But, alas, Carlotta shouldn't complain. There had been much less successful arranged marriages. Her husband didn't beat her.

Leaning over to him, she pressed a kiss against his lips, though his eyes were covered. “Then get you some rest, darling. I'll go.. do some sewing, perhaps.” Oh, sewing. How exciting. That was so dull. She wasn't Tellie, she didn't find that so thrilling. “Or.. I might nap with you. I am feeling a bit tired.. truth be told.”

IRL Hellraiser

29,150 Points
  • Married 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

tab Annalise did indeed join Alexander for dinner as she'd told him she would earlier in the day. Tonight's fare was a roasted chicken with all the usual sundries to go along with it. There were seasoned potatoes, of course, and squashes and spinach, some cabbage. Annalise wanted boiled eggs though, so she made it a point to tell the footmen to make it happen. She had a hankering for them, and she wouldn't be satisfied with her dinner until she had the eggs in accompaniment. Until they arrived, she would eat the chicken, which was tolerable to her finicky palette. She could stomach a bit of spinach, the nuts and fruit, a potato or two, but until she had the eggs, nothing would satisfy her. Who knew how long it would take to boil the eggs? Shouldn't take long, for there should already be boiling water in the kitchen to drop them in.

Over the course of the rest of her day, Annalise had written the invitation to her family and had it sent off to where it needed to be via Kenley. A courier would see its delivery. She'd taken the tonic Smith fixed for her along with a short cat nap, as well, and she felt infinitely better. All that running about didn't serve her as well as she'd hoped. Then Alexander came along and soured her mood, to make it worse. Annalise just pushed that out of her head. She was in too delicate a condition to be getting upset over trivial things. Those who anger you have control over you, so she was going to start learning to tune things out and forget about it. Anger wasn't worth her child's safety. She thought all this now, but she'd likely get angry soon enough again.

The eggs came not long after she requested them, and it felt like her world brightened. Getting what she wanted was the best thing of all, and she plucked a shelled egg from the bowl and bit into the warm whites, peering down at the yellow center that peeked out. Sometimes yolks were too much for her to handle, too much of a mouthful, but she craved that texture and taste tonight, so she didn't hesitate in eating it all. Truly, it hit the spot, and her craving was satisfied. Right now she craved simple foods, but she wondered what odd concoctions she'd crave later. sugar coated vegetables? Something pickled? Not appetizing, at all. She couldn't control what her body craved during this time though.

"I'm learning the harp," Annalise said after awhile. "Kenley is going to learn the lute. Lola will assist us, seeing as she is so accomplished in music. I look forward to it."

The sun had set and the moon had risen, luring Theodore out of his safe little home and away from his adoring wife. He'd napped all afternoon alongside Carlotta, though she seemed to have awoken before he did, for it was she who stirred him to remind him he had somewhere to be. Good thing she woke him. If he missed this meeting with the Italians, he'd be a dead man. Carlotta might have even been a dead woman. Oh, lord, he hated to even imagine it. But pirates were ruthless, and they killed whoever was in their way. If Carlotta witnessed Theodore's gutting, she would have been dead along with their child. Theodore may not be thrilled about the baby, but he was certainly not going to let anything happen to his baby. Or his wife. He didn't care what happened to him if it meant his wife and child were safe. They were worth more than he was. Hands down.

Theodore had made sure to hug and kiss Carlotta long and lovingly before he took off. After all, he may not survive. This Scar might kill him. Theodore was praying that all went smoothly, or as smoothly as stealing from a dread pirate could go. He had to get that map. He had to. His fingers were important. Without them, everything would fall apart. No, he had to be confident that this map would fall into his hands without incident. There was already a story brewing in his mind that would help him succeed. Or so he hoped.

Revisiting the nook behind the crates and barrels, Theodore was met with a ratty looking fellow covered in grime, the whites of his eyes standing out like pearls. He wore a rag about his head, and he was missing a few teeth. There was a stone in his hand along with a blade, and he was sharpening it. Theodore almost turned around to leave, thinking he was too early, but the dirty man lunged out and grabbed Theodore's ankle, climbing up the length of his body until they were face to face. The man's hands were curled around Theodore's shirt, the blade poking dangerously close to his adam's apple. Theodore tried to lean back, but the man only leaned forward, his breath rank and foul.

"Yer the rat, ain't ya, poppet?" the man asked with a squealing giggle.

"That would be me, aye," Theodore answered. "Whiskers and all."

"Whiskers and all," the man repeated with a low, demented sort of laugh. "The cap'ns told me you was comin'. Told me to give ya instructions, hehe!" he tittered with squeal.

Theodore swallowed, thoroughly disgusted by this creature. The man swiftly spun Theodore around and held onto him from behind, his mouth near Theodore's ear. "Do ya see vat tavern over dere, lil pretty?" he asked, motioning with his knife to a slipshoddy dive right near the docks.

"Aye," Theodore answered, turning his head to glance at the man.

The man grabbed Theodore's face in one hand, squishing his cheeks and forcing Theodore to look back towards the tavern. The long nails attached to the creature's spidery fingers were digging into Theodore's flesh while the knife was being petted over his temple dangerously. It was cold out here, but Theodore was sweating.

"Go dere. Vat's where yer gonna find Scar. Yer after vat map, sweet'eart. If ye don't get it..." the man trailed off and stepped away from Theodore only to grab one of Theo's hands and slam it against one of the crates, jamming the knife between his fingers. It caused Theodore to jump and wrench his hand away, his heart beating erratically. "Good luck, deary. Bring the map back 'ere when ya get it."

Theodore didn't respond. He got out of there and walked speedily towards the shady tavern. How was he supposed to function after being shaken up like that?

Floppy Member

16,175 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

Alexander sat himself down at the dining table across from his fiance, eating a plate full of fine food. That was all he was concerned with at the present moment, though. Food. Eating. That was just as well, because other than demanding some boiled eggs, Annalise hadn't said much either. He only assumed she was just as concerned with nourishment as he was. Perhaps more so, considering she had to eat enough for herself and a growing person. As he chewed, Alexander would life his eyes to the beautiful blonde and watched her eat her food. He never imagined he would feel so full of happiness at the idea of having a child. Yet, here he was... expecting a child with the love of his life. Could life be any more grand?

The footman entered the hall carrying her bowl of warm eggs, and Alexander watched her as she happily bit into one. Would it be that everything would make her so happy. God, he couldn't wait until her hormones settled and she was just her.. normal amount of picky and stubborn and changeable self.

Finally, she spoke, commenting that she was going to learn to play the harp alongside Kenley, who was going to learn the lute. “Ah, yes, Mrs. Lola will be an excellent teacher. I've heard her play before. Quite wonderful, really. I think learning the harp will be good for you, my dear.” Smiling, he tapped his finger against his chin in thought, however briefly. “I'd also suggest for you to take singing lessons from Lola, if you wanted. I'm sure if you trained yourself, you would have a beautiful singing voice. Much better than me, at any rate.”

No, he doubted that she would. Annalise did whatever she wanted, and it didn't matter what anyone else in her life thought of that. After all this time, it was one of the most important things about Anna that he'd learned. But to hear her sing would be a wonderful thing. She loved poetry, and it seemed only natural to Alexander that singing would go along with that.

“Whatever you want,” he said with a wave of his hand, putting another bite of food into his mouth to chew. “Mm, though, I asked Kenley to arrange for you to meet a few other guards. I know how particular you are about the people you keep in your company. He cannot be near you at every moment. But I would like for you to know and feel comfortable about the others. So.. he's told me he will select the people he finds the most trustworthy and bring them to you.”

- - - -

Carlotta had been reluctant to let Theodore leave her tonight, only because she could... well, she could tell something was wrong. Something was bothering him. And then the way that he kissed her before he left.. that bittersweet desperation in it. The look in his eyes as he'd said goodnight. It irked her. She resisted the urge to go after him, knowing that whatever the reason for his late night disappearance, it would be better that she wasn't there. She was pregnant now, and she couldn't be thinking solely of herself.

For the longest time, she stood at the window, looking out over the dark harbor town, hugging herself tightly. This was going to be her life, wasn't it? Once Theodore was able to join a crew and go out to sea, she'd be alone. Waiting. Not knowing. Forever and ever she would be filled with this strange ache in her heart, and she knew that having a child wouldn't even fix it. It would be ever present until her husband returned. One day, would she get tired of waiting for him? Would she take a lover in his absence? No, she couldn't. She couldn't imagine it.

With a heavy sigh, she took herself back to bed, stretching out and hoping and praying that sleep would come for her. Maybe once her husband left for his own mistress out on the sea, she would go and live with Ruth. If it wasn't so late, that's where she would be off to now.

IRL Hellraiser

29,150 Points
  • Married 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

tab Singing? Annalise couldn't sing, and no amount of teaching or lecturing would cure her of that. Her vocal chords just weren't cut out for singing. Not every pretty woman was a singer, you know? Annalise couldn't be perfect. Lola would be a good teacher, of course, but even the best of teachers couldn't make a naturally bad singer a good one. There had to be a voice already there, something to mold and craft. Annalise didn't have the starter kit, and she couldn't buy or make one. People like Lola were born with voices, and those voices were trained into beautiful works of art. Annalise sounded more like a croaking frog. She couldn't stay in tune; she couldn't barely hum the right tune. No, singing was out of the question. Absolutely out of the question.

Shaking her head, Annalise bit into her second egg and then washed it down with milk. Smith said he saw many babies born in suffering, and he tested many theories to see what was causing the wretchedness. One patient of his abstained from alcohol during her pregnancy and drank only boiled and cooled water or boiled and cooled milk. Her child had been healthy once born, and Smith began requesting his patients to abstain from wine and ale while pregnant. Nine times out of ten, the children came out healthy. So, he told Annalise the same thing. To stop drinking spirits and only ingest water, tea, or milk. She preferred milk with her meals, water by her bed, and tea in the morning and at night.

Annalise didn't like the idea of new guards. She liked Kenley. Kenley made her feel safe, and Kenley was her friend. She wasn't keen on the idea of getting used to other men. They could be like Cynefrid. Just because Kenley trusted them didn't mean they were trustworthy. Any number of the castle guards could turn on her. Sure, Kenley could turn on her too, but she was fairly certain he wouldn't. That wasn't in his nature. He was open, friendly, warm, delightful. Cynefrid had been cold, brazen, demented. New guards made her nervous. Very nervous. Why couldn't there be more than one Kenley? He was perfect.

"I only like Kenley," Annalise said quietly, her fork pushing potatoes around on her plate. "I don't trust anyone else."

The tavern smelled as foul as that creatures breath. Must be something in the ale. Like sulfur. Shivers ran down Theodore's spine as he weaved his way through the disgusting bodies. He was positive more than just dirt was transferred from their bodies to his. Ugh, he didn't want to think about it. It smelled like a sewer in this place, looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years, and it was definitely chock full of pirates. All these men were swashbuckling criminals, and Theodore was legitimately afraid. One of these brutes could shank him any minute, bash him over the skull and take his money, steal his room key and find the inn it belonged to, therefore Carlotta. Or maybe he was just overthinking things. Yeah. Scar. Scar. He needed to think about Scar. A pirate captain with a fiery beard. Fiery beard... ah!

There was a man sitting alone in a corner nursing a tankard. His hair was as red as flames, and he was... surprisingly young. He was definitely older than Theodore, but he wasn't some fifty year old pirate with a tattered old tricorn and trench. He didn't wear a hat at all, and he was dressed like a modern gentleman. Ruffled black shirt, red silk vest, couple of pendants 'round his neck. There were rings stacked on his fingers, probably trophies from his victims. Maybe captains he's killed in his adventures. Theodore wasn't sure where his mind was taking him because it was taking him to a place called "get the hell out of here and run away." No can do, brain. No can do.

Taking a deep breath, Theodore approached the table and ran a hand through his black hair. He offered a smile towards Scar and motioned to one of the empty seats. Scar gave a single nod of his head, his blue eyes roving along Theodore's body in a critical fashion before locking onto the younger man's face. Theodore found it hard to maintain eye contact, but he did his best.

"Evening," he greeted. "I heard talk you were in port. Wanted to meet you myself. Or rather, I wanted to meet your beard," he chuckled.

Scar smirked and gave a tug on his beard. "I've had my share of fans, boy-o, but my beard ain't had one," he replied in a gravelly, husky voice. "What do you really want?"

"Only to meet you, that's all, I swear," Theodore answered.

"What's your name, sailor? Or should I say 'mermaid?' You ain't much of a man," Scar insulted.

"Theo. Theo the mermaid..." Theodore grumbled, swallowing back his rebuttal.

"Well, boy-o, I'd say it's nice to meet you, but I'm not impressed."

"Do maps impress you? Because I love maps. Rare maps, common maps; I collect them. It's an obsession of mine, really. Nobody ever loves them as much as I do. I can never have a good conversation about them," Theo rushed out.

"Maps, ay? You love maps? I've got quite the collection myself. Got a few gems: rare maps, as a pirate captain worth his mettle is wont to have. Tell you want, sis, I'm feeling generous tonight. Hows about I take you aboard my ship and show you a collection you'll cry over? Since you love maps so much..."

"I... I would love that! Thank you," Theodore said humbly.

"Awright... come on, lassie," Scar prompted, getting up and motioning fro Theodore to follow him. "Let us see how you look on the Guillotine."

Floppy Member

16,175 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

Alexander had chewed up a bit of chicken and began to wash it down with some wine as Annalise spoke again. She was staring at her plate, pushing her food around like a petulant child, pouting about how she didn't trust anyone but Kenley. Well, what Annalise wanted, Annalise got. Most of the time, anyway. In matters that would be changeable in some manner or another. However, this was not really a matter that could be influenced.

“You'll still have him,” he reminded her with a furrowed brow, “I wouldn't do that to you, my dear. He'll be there at every moment that he can be. But that's just the thing, isn't it? He can not be with you every moment of the day. The poor man needs to eat and sleep and relax like the rest of us. While he's quite welcome to take meals with us, I imagine he wants more in his life than standing in a corner all day.” Alexander shook his head and cut apart his vegetables.

“You don't have to make any decisions immediately, of course, my dear. But at least meet these gentleman that he's bringing together. I want you happy, of course, but I also want you safe.” This all stemmed from that nasty business with Cynefrid. It still hurt to think about, of course. Cynefrid had been Alexander's dearest friend for quite some time. Up until that business with the.. kiss. That was when things had turned sour. And then Marabella had stirred up thoughts in the sick man that ought not o have been brought up.

Looking to the footmen standing nearby in the hearth, Alexander silently dismissed them with a wave of his hand and a jerk of his head. Once they were out of earshot, not even waiting until they had left the room, he spoke up again. “Cynefrid was in love with me. As strange and sick as it was. Obviously I rejected his affection... and I'm afraid that only created some deep turmoil inside of him. I assure you.. you won't be at risk like that again.” He offered a smile smile. “You're the only person left who truly loves me, I think. No one to be jealous.”

IRL Hellraiser

29,150 Points
  • Married 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

tab It was true: Kenley had a life. As much as Annalise didn't want to believe that, it was staring her straight in the face. Kenley was human like the rest of them. He had needs. He had to eat, sleep, bathe, rest. It would be cruel to keep him chained up in a corner like some dog. Anna cared too much for Kenley to treat him poorly. She wanted him healthy and well and happy. He was her dear friend, and she couldn't bear the thought of anything happening to him or his moods shifting to stranger tides. If to keep Kenley close to her she had to take on new guards, then so be it. She would suffer the fear and the nerves and the coldness for the warmth of Kenley's smile and presence. Just how she would suffer the fear and the nerves and the coldness for the warmth of Alexander. She came back to court despite everything she hated about it because she loved Alexander. So she would make the necessary sacrifices to keep Kenley happy, also.

"I will meet them," she said plainly, giving a faint nod of her head. "Kenley must take care of himself... or else I won't have Kenley at all. So, I will meet them..."

Annalise speared a potato and began to bring it to her lips; however, she paused and looked up as the footmen were suddenly sent away. Lowering her fork to the plate, she turned her head to look at Alexander with a confused brow. She was just about to ask him what was going on when he began to explain. What he told her ran her blood cold, and she visibly paled, her blue eyes going wide. Cynefrid was in love with Alexander? Like... romantically? Loving someone was entirely different than being in love with someone. Annalise loved Virginie and Lola, maybe even Kenley, Smith and Alexis and... but she wasn't in love with any of them. The only person she was in love with was Alexander. Ugh... oh... oh.

"Good lord..." Annalise breathed, disgust marring her pretty face. "He..." she rose her brows and looked away, her head giving a little shake. "I can't even say it. That's... oh, my..." she trailed off into a moment of silence. Cynefrid was romantically attached to Alexander, and that's why he was so ill with Annalise. He saw her as a threat. "I am sorry you had to endure such unwanted... affection," she said at length. "I couldn't even imagine... oh, no. Well... now it makes sense. It's disturbing but... I suppose I understand his... reasons."

Reaching over, Annalise took Alexander's hand in her own, offering him a faint smile. "I do love you. And I better be the only one who's in love with you, or else I might be the one to go waving daggers around," she joked softly.

Theodore trailed quietly behind Scar as the large captain led the way towards where his ship was docked. The man had a certain gait, a long stride that never broke no matter the obstacle. It was intimidating, and Theodore struggled to keep up. Oh, gosh, why was he doing this? For passage on a pirate ship? Really, he was desperate for this dream. So desperate that he'd go through all of this with the risk of his life and his fingers. What if the Italians were only using him? What if they just wanted to get the map and then kill him anyway? Or tell him to shove off and never approach them again? It was a possibility, but Theodore had to pray they were honest. After all, they had a good streak in them somewhere. They did rescue him when they could have stepped over him or even kicked him.

There was a dark skinned brute standing near the gangplank of the Guillotine, and he looked downright nasty. Did he have a permanent curl to his lip? Theodore didn't dare stare or ask or breathe when moving past, what he assumed was, the guard. A crewman left to play sentinel in Scar's absence. It was true then: nobody got onto the ship without Scar's permission. Well, well, he seemed to run a well oiled machine here, that was for sure. His ship was protected by a beefy brute who looked to be from... Africa or something. Theodore had no idea. He really wasn't that good with maps and had no interest in Africa at all.

Scar stepped down onto the deck of his ship and glanced over his broad shoulder at the shrimp tailing him. Scar wasn't stupid. This punk was put up to something. Oh, and Scar was gonna find out what. Perhaps the map? The one he sailed through dangerous waters to steal from a distant shore? The one that led to untold treasures in the glacial parts of the world? Many pirates wanted that map, and Scar knew there were plenty of pirates in port who would try to get their hands on it. Theo didn't look like a pirate or act like a pirate, and that made him perfect bait. Theo wore a wedding ring, as well... and Scar almost pitied the boy. If he could help it, he wouldn't kill the pup. It seemed Theo just got caught up in bad business.

Leading the way down to the interior of the ship, Scar took out his flint and lit a sconce on the wall. Plucking the candle from the iron holder, he moved down the narrow hall towards his quarters. Theodore wondered how Scar could even fit down here; the man's shoulders brushed both walls. Theodore felt small and weak, and he was happy when they came into an open cabin with windows along the back looking out at the moonlit sea. Scar lit the candles around the cabin before licking his fingers and putting out the one in his hand. He laid it upon his desk and moved over to a flat table with a glass surface. All the furniture was nailed down.

Scar motioned for Theodore to come over, and Theodore moved towards the table to find it was a case with maps rolled into scrolls all lined up and protected. His eyes lit up, and true interest crossed his face. Scar studied the boy for a moment before producing a key from around his neck and unlocked the case. Lifting the glass, he took out an old map and pulled it gently to unroll it.

"An old Spanish map. As you see, it's all in Spanish. I got it from Cortez," Scar said.

"Cortez..." Theodore breathed, eyes wide.

"Here. I'll let you hold it, boy-o. Feel free to look at the others while I... fetch my special map."

Theodore took the Spanish map gingerly and drank it all in like a kid in a confectioner's shop. Once he rolled it back up and placed it neatly in its place, he glanced over to Scar. The captain was rummaging under his desk, and the sound of floorboards creaking and popping open echoed through the cabin eerily. Scar pulled out a small chest and sat it atop his desk, taking another key from around his neck and inserting it into the lock. Theodore looked away and began fingering the other maps, humming in interest.

"These are beautiful maps," Theodore complimented. "I wish I could pen a map this wonderful."

"Those are fine pieces, sis, but come here," Scar ordered, motioning Theodore over with two fingers. "This one... is my diamond," he said lowly, unrolling the map upon his desk. "This here," he paused to tap his fingers upon the land mass the map displayed, "is Iceland. Hidden in its glacial coves is rumored to be a great treasure. Nobody's ever been able to keep this map long enough to make the trip. Some say the treasure, if you look upon it or touch it, will grant you God's eternal salvation. I'm not one to believe in that, but I know when something's valuable, and I'm all about value," Scar said with a grin. "Go on, lassie; feast your eyes."

Theodore placed his hands upon the map and began to study it intensely. If such a great treasure existed, it was no wonder the Italians wanted it. The only problem was... how did Theodore get the map out of the cabin and off the ship? He was allowed to memorize it, but that was impossible. He'd forget it five minutes after seeing it. He had to take it... and now his heart began to pound and his palms began to sweat. He removed his hands from the map and casually wiped them on his pants. He glanced over his shoulder to find Scar's back to him. The captain was staring out at the sea. This seemed too easy. Why would he just turn his back?

Swallowing hard, Theodore rolled the map back up and set it down. His eyes danced over all the objects on the desk and lighted upon a letter opener. Quietly, discreetly, he took the sharp objected in his hand and hid it with his sleeve and his palm. Stepping away from the map, he moved to look out the window.

"It's a gem, I agree. The craftsmanship is wonderful, and... I haven't seen a map quite like it in all my life," Theodore said with a polite, innocent smile. "Thank you for showing me. I do think I ought to be going now though. It's growing late."

Scar had been tensed, ready to turn around and beat the hell out of Theodore, but the young man didn't appear to have any interest in taking the map. He seemed ready to leave after seeing what he'd been promised. Scar just grunted and gave a nod, turning away to see to his map's safe storage. That's when Theodore let the letter opener slip to where he could grasp it. Quietly, he turned, hesitated, and then plunged the weapon into the side of Scar's neck.

There was a short cry of rage mixed with pain. Theodore didn't wait for a reaction. He shoved Scar as violently as possible, kicked him down, pounced upon his back and took to banging the captain's head against the floor until the man went limp. It was all done so fast, with such adrenaline, and Theodore wrenched the letter opener from Scar's neck and tossed it aside. Oh, lord. What if Scar died? No, no, no...

Theodore tore the sash around Scar's waist off and quickly tied it around the man's neck to help stop the blood flow. Quickly, Theodore checked Scar's pulse and it was still strong. Good.

Backing away from the captain, Theodore grabbed the map and shoved it into his shirt, crossing his arms to hide the blood on his sleeve. Scurrying out of the cabin, he rushed down the hall and up the stairs onto the deck. The cold air hit him, and he sucked in a sharp breath. There was no time to waste. Using the cold as a viable excuse to be hugging himself, he moved down the gangplank and past the sentinel. The dark man only looked at Theodore maliciously but never lashed out. Thank God. Oh, thank God.

Moving away from the docks, Theodore made it around to the crates and barrels to find Caesar was waiting there instead of the grimy creature. Theodore produced the map, and Caesar jumped up to grab it, unrolling it to examine the contents. A wide grin spread across his face, and he, surprisingly, pulled Theodore into a manly, firm hug before shoving him away.

"You did it, ragazzo! You got the map! I can't believe it... I..." Caesar shook his head and stuffed the map into his shirt. "Good work. You've proven yourself worthy to me. You've earned your spot in my crew. I'm keeping my word as you've kept yours. We sail in a week's time. Mario and I will be taking this map elsewhere tonight so if Scar comes looking for it... he won't find it. I suggest you hide yourself well, ragazzo," he said, grabbing Theodore's bloodstained sleeve. "He'll come after you. You didn't kill him, did you?"

"No... no, I couldn't kill someone..." Theodore said, still in shock.

"Well, you'll have to learn. Welcome to a pirate's life, ragazzo. Meet us at our ship, the Morte Rossa, at dawn in a week from today. We're sailing to Italy first, sailing home, and then... then, we're following this map," Caesar told him, grinning still. "Buonanotte."

Caesar ran off, and Theodore soon followed, though their paths were split. Theodore darted home, hoping to God he would be safe there. It was the district where pirates never went to, so hopefully... hopefully that stood.

Floppy Member

16,175 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

Alexander was satisfied that Annalise agreed to meet with some other members of the guard. She truly did need to find some other men who she felt comfortable enough to keep watch over her. She could not spend her entire life fearful either. One day, she would have to get over it. After all, they would have a little Prince in a few short months.. and then what? The boy would have his own guard and tutor and nurse to keep watch over him. Annalise would have to trust all of those people as well. Alex would make sure to let her interview them all and pick who she liked the most.

But that wasn't the topic of conversation right now. It was Cynefrid and his odd feelings for his King. Annalise made a joke, and Alexander took her hand in his, giving it a squeeze, and returned her faint smile with one of his own. It wasn't a joking matter, really, but there was no sense in being sour over it. “You're the only one I'm in love with,” he told her quietly, “But you know that already, I'm sure.”

Alexander wet his lips briefly and raised his wine to his lips for a quick drink before setting the glass back onto the table. He allowed a finger to trace the rim of the cup, distracted in his thoughts for a moment. “I know you weren't fond of him, and I understand your reasons. Clearly, I do. It's hard for me to think about it. Or talk about it.. in most matters. But Cynefrid was a dear friend of mine for many many years. He betrayed me in more than one way, for sure. He misunderstood my words and actions.. twisting them into something they were not. But.. in the end.. clearly he was not the sort of friend I needed.” Looking up to his betrothed with a sad smile, he squeezed her hand again. “You're the only one I need, Anna. And I'm ever so grateful that you've returned to me. You have no idea.”

- - - -

Carlotta had tried everything. She'd shut the curtains against the pale moonlight. She'd switched sides of the bed. Taken off the covers. Put them on. Started the fire. Put it out. Drank some cool water. Hot tea. Washed her face. Changed into a different chemise. Nothing would work. She was dreadfully tired. Her body ached. But she wasn't so exhausted that she could sleep. Theodore would have been able to help with that. He could always help put her to sleep.

The more that she lay there and think about her husband, the more she wanted him. She wanted his kisses and his company. Wanted to hold him and have him hold her. Wanted him to make love to her or just talk to her. Something. Anything. But he was out on business. Some dreadful business at the docks. Some terrible dangerous tavern, no doubt. Like last time. He'd not come home that night.. the last time, rather. Been knocked out by some wench and dragged to a cabin to sleep.

How on Earth was she supposed to manage living without him? Once he arranged to be a crewman on some dreaded ship.. how was she supposed to deal with being alone? This was terrible. Absolutely terrible.

And then.. god have mercy.. she heard her husband's footsteps. Up the stairs to their apartment and towards the door. Carlotta was bolting upright where she lay as he came through the door and she greeted him with a beaming smile. “Oh, darling,” she told him happily, “I'm so glad you're home. I've missed you something dreadful.. I really have.”

IRL Hellraiser

29,150 Points
  • Married 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

tab Annalise could understand how Alexander felt pain and sadness over Cynefrid's death. Just because a friend betrayed you didn't mean you stopped loving them. There were memories, bonds and ties between you, and it was nearly impossible to sever them from your life forever, even if they were dead. Memories never died, past feelings could be rekindled and revisited. Cynefrid had been the closest thing Alexander had until Annalise came along. Alexander had trusted Cynefrid completely, and then... it all crumbled. Even so, Alexander loved the man like a brother, and the pain of the blonde man's death was still snaking through Alexander's heart. Annalise truly understood it. She'd lost Theodore. Even now... she felt that pain. She still wanted him to appear and hug her, laugh, say something witty. It was hard to lose someone.

Smiling softly, Annalise stood up and came round to Alexander's chair to place herself in his lap. Her arms hugged his head, and she placed a kiss upon the curly hair of her beloved. "You're all I need too," she told him. "That's why I came back. I was missing the one thing I needed when you were gone. It's all right now though. I'm not leaving you. We'll be together until death parts us," she assured him, caressing his handsome face.

Slipping off of his lap, she picked at a few more bits of her dinner and finished her milk before moving towards the door. "I'm quite done. I want a bath, and then perhaps you can visit me," she said, throwing a smile over her shoulder. "My bed needs breaking in." And with that, she saw herself out.

Theodore was relieved to be back home. Tonight was a whirlwind, and he wasn't even sure how he managed it. He wasn't a very violent person, and doing what he did was... well, he wasn't sure how to feel about it. Scar could have died. If Theodore had the blood of a dead man on his hands, he wouldn't be able to live with himself. Murder was not something he was okay with. He wasn't even sure he could do this whole pirate thing. If he was required to kill men... he wasn't sure he'd survive that life. But he had to try. Maybe he could avoid the killing somehow. This was his only chance. Merchant captains weren't interested in a full time crewman, but Caesar was offering him a chance he just couldn't pass up. He would see Italy... he would know the sea. Then he would go to Iceland... with the map he stole. Adventures. Tales. His dreams.

Quickly, Theodore tore his shirt off and tossed it into the basket. Carlotta popped up and called him darling, told him she missed him. She wasn't asleep like she should be. Theodore couldn't respond. He was too discombobulated. All he could do was move to the wash basin and wash his hands and his face. Looking into the mirror, he grimaced. What was he turning into? Tonight was definitely a tipping point for him. He was falling into a life he was so unsure about. And how could he tell Carlotta he was leaving in a week? The house wasn't even done. The commissions weren't done. She would be pregnant and alone and... who knew if he'd ever be back?

Pushing away from the basin, Theodore slipped out of his pants and moved to the bed, pushing Carlotta down and stealing her lips. He couldn't tell her. Not right now. She missed him. Dreadfully. How could he tell her they only had a week left? The thought pained him so much it was hard to function. It hadn't bothered him so much before because it had only been a possibility. Now it was a reality. Now he really would be leaving. Perhaps forever. He didn't want to leave his wife. He couldn't bear the thought. She was everything to him, or almost everything. He loved her so much. So much.

Theodore made quick work of getting her chemise off and tossing it aside. He wanted to feel her skin against his, wanted to hear her ecstasy laden voice. He might not ever get hear it again after this week. He may never love her again like this.

"I love you," he breathed, kissing any and everywhere he could reach. "If you could only fathom how much."

Floppy Member

16,175 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

Carlotta was not so surprised by her husband's actions. After all, she'd longed for him to return and kiss her skin and love her. However, he seemed some phantom of his former self. He didn't speak a word as he washed himself, undressed himself and her, and kissed her bare flesh. No, the only words he spoke were after she'd hooked her legs around him and allowed herself to be drawn into his passion. He loved her, he'd said, but she knew that. She knew precisely. “I know how much, darling,” she whispered, her lips against his skin, “Because that is exactly how I feel.”

For the first time in their marriage, Carlotta was genuinely surprised. Not negatively of course. Well, not exactly. Theodore made love to her in a manner that she wasn't accustomed. There was a desperation in his kisses and his motions that she'd never dealt with before. It was as if he'd been dying of thirsty his entire life, and only now had a brief opportunity to quench his thirst before he'd spend another eternity waiting for a drink. But still, they didn't speak, there wasn't enough energy left to voice a word.

Only now, that they were both tired and spent, and Carlotta held her husband dearly to him with his head resting against her chest, did she open her mouth to speak. “Darling,” she whispered quietly, “Is everything all right...?” The question was apprehensively asked. After all, Carlotta was deathly afraid of his answer.

- - - -

Alexander had given his betrothed plenty of time to bathe and prepare for bed, perhaps to send away her maids. He'd already had a bath this morning, and to him, it seemed silly to bathe himself and then work up a sweat. Oh, he intended to work up a sweat. A good exhausting one. So once his duties were finished, he gathered himself up and made his way to the Queen's royal chambers. Surely the linens had been changed from when his mother recently slept in them, but that didn't matter. This was going to be the room in which he would spend much of his time in the near future.

Entering the receiving room, he found Kenley sitting there, absently reading a book of some sort. When the younger man looked up and saw the King, he rapidly stood up and dipped into a bow, “Your Majesty, sorry I-”

Alexander shook his head, resisting the urge to roll his eyes, “It's all right, then, go on.” Kenley stood, bid his goodnight to Alexander and swept out of the room. Alex heaved a sigh and then moved from the room towards the bedchamber, but he didn't go in, just in case he wasn't wanted yet. “Anna, my dear?” he called from the doorway.

IRL Hellraiser

29,150 Points
  • Married 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

tab The sound of Carlotta's heartbeat comforted Theodore, though it also unnerved him. What if he never got to hear it again? That soft thudding was the core of his wife's life. Because it beat, she was alive. It was like listening to life, her life. Maybe even his. Without Carlotta, he would be a miserable wretch. She made his life worth living, made him so happy. Her life was what gave him life. How was he going to survive without her? How was she going to get on without him? Would she be all right? Would the baby be all right? If he died, how would she ever find out? Yeah, he'd never come home, but she might think he just deserted England for some warmer shore. Theodore would want her to know he was dead.

Finally, Carlotta asked the dreaded question. Theodore sighed and turned his head to kiss her chest just above her bosom. He rested his forehead below her shoulder and tried to gather some shreds of courage to tell his wife she was potentially losing him forever. The last thing he wanted was for her to begin crying and begging him to stay. It would destroy his already weak resolve.

Lifting his head, Theodore looked down upon his wife's lovely face. A hand came up to touch her cheek, and he placed a tender kiss on her lips. "I've been taken on as a crewman. The captain sails..." he hesitated, "in a week. I'll be going to Italy first, and then I'll be on my way to Iceland," he informed her, his eyes plagued with sorrow. "I don't want to leave you, Carlotta. I admit that I'm frightened. I may never come back to you. I could die out there," he bemoaned, nuzzling her jaw. "I'm sorry. I didn't think it would be this soon, but... I can't pass up this chance."

Annalise had bathed as she said she would, though she hadn't washed her hair. Her last bath was just this morning, so there wasn't much need for the second one. She only wanted it because it was relaxing. The hot water always felt good on her skin, opened up her pores, and the steam helped any sinus pressure from allergy she might have. After being outside, she did have a bit of unwanted pressure, and perhaps that had played a part in her headache. The gardens had so many different plants that she was bound to be allergic to at least of one them. Ah, but she felt so much better now that she'd bathed again. Not only had she gotten a bath, but Virginie had given her shoulders and back a little massage, which had done wonders. Annalise hadn't known she'd been so tense.

Once she'd been combed and very lightly oiled in lavender, she sent Lola and Virginie away. They could retire for the night and be at their leisure. Kenley was still out in the receiving room, and Anna would have liked to sit with him, but she didn't feel like putting any clothes on. She remained in her bedroom with a small book of poetry and was lounging back on the fainting couch. Alexander would come to her soon enough, well... if he wanted to. She'd not made him promise or anything. He was at his own will. Still, she believed he would come.

And he did, of course. She heard commotion in the receiving room, and soon Alexander's voice sounded at her door. Snapping her book closed, she rose up from the fainting couch and moved to the door, cracking it open to peer out. The receiving room was empty. With a little smile, Annalise opened the door and allowed her fiance inside. She closed the door after him and leaned back against it, a private little smirk upon her lips.

"Well, my love, I'm ready for you whenever you'll have me," she told him sultrily.

Floppy Member

16,175 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

Theodore was hesitating. He didn't speak initially, biding his time, of course. She could tell. Whatever news he had to tell her was terrible. What sort of terrible news could he have after visiting the docks? Well, he was alive, wasn't he? So that could only mean a few things. Very soon he would either not be, or it would feel as if he wasn't. Clenching her jaw, she searched her husband's eyes as he looked into her face. And then.. the words were on his lips.

A week. Carlotta had a week with her husband before he was gone from her. He admitted that he was frightened over the potential that he may never return to her. He could die? Dear lord above, why was he talking like this? Surely husbands went to sea and returned all of the time. What was particularly terrible about this trip?

She couldn't help it, her eyes began to water. Carlotta bit her lower lip in thought a moment and then pressed a kiss to Theo's temple, offering him the best smile she could manage under the circumstances. “I am.. certain.. that you'll be back, darling. I love you and you love me and.. we're going to be together.” Running her fingers through his hair, she let out a quiet sigh. “And when you come back.. you'll have a home to live in.. and a baby to hold. And you can tell me all about Italy and Iceland.”

Carlotta was afraid, too. It was possible that he was right in that he may never return to her. But it was also possible that he was very wrong. That he would return and decide that he'd had enough adventuring and he wanted to settle down. She would have a child by then.. though the months until it was born would be long and lonely. A large empty house to herself. No, she couldn't be by herself. She would have to move in with Ruth until the home was finished, and then hire enough staff that she was never lonely. Perhaps she'd find some companion to move in with her.

“I only want to hear positive things from here on out. I will be sad enough once you leave.. I don't want to be sad while you're here.” Carlotta took his face in her hands and forced him to look at her so that she could kiss him once more. “You only have a week left to enjoy me.. you best make the memory last.”

- - - -

When Alexander looked up to see the beautiful woman's face peeking out of the small opening of the door, his face lit up in a wide smile. It, however, transitioned into a roguish smile as she opened the door all of the way, revealing herself to be completely, well, nude. Even pregnant (or perhaps especially pregnant), she was a stunning creature. From head to toe, she was perfect.

Of course, he entered the room, and Annalise closed the door and leaned against it, telling him she was ready whenever he'd have her. Oh, was she? She had hardly been back long enough to making the amount of times he'd had her acceptable. Then again, what did he care what anyone else thought? The only reason he was here in her chambers, rather than having her in his, was because she'd been uncomfortable when men had spotted her nude. He'd not have that happen again.

Moving to her, that smile still on his face, he placed one hand on either side of her waist. Hips so perfect for bearing the child she was carrying. “I've been thinking..” he told her teasingly, “That perhaps we should wait until we're married..” Alexander kissed her, however briefly. “I would hate for people to think you aren't a maid when we say our vows.” Oh, it was all clearly a joke.. seeing as Annalise was very pregnant. There was to be no hiding it. Not that he cared one little bit.

IRL Hellraiser

29,150 Points
  • Married 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

tab Carlotta put a brave face on instead of giving way to the tears, and for that Theodore was thankful. He wasn't so sure he was thankful to be "comforted" with the reality of having a baby when and if he returned. The baby wasn't his favorite thing, and he still wasn't sure how to really feel about it. He didn't... well, he didn't want it. Not personally. He wanted it for Carlotta because it would make her happy, but he didn't want to be a father. It was just something he would have to worry about on the sea. Coming home would be more than coming home: he would be stepping into premature fatherhood. He'd have some crying, noisy brat that drove him insane. Would he even love it? Or would he recoil from it and leave it to its mother? He was like a papa lion: he deserted his cubs. Or ate them. But Theodore wouldn't eat his child.

Carlotta pressed a kiss to his lips and told him she wanted to hear only good things. His leaving would make her sad, and she didn't want to be sad beforehand. Theodore would try, but he would be sad from this moment onwards. Every time he looked at her he would be reminded it could be one of the last memories they have of one another. Every time he made love to her he would think it was one of the last times. Death was overshadowing this entire venture, for it was a pirate venture. Pirates were not merchants. Pirates were cold blooded criminals. They killed for sport, for gain, for any reason at all. They stole what they wanted, did what they wanted, and managed to evade the long arm of the law. They were frightening creatures.

Would Theodore become like them? Would he grow accustomed to gutting enemies and beating prisoners? Spitting in the faces of beggars, kicking men when they were down? Would he steal and cheat, lie and deceive? Would he lose himself in the thrills of the life he was stepping into? Sailing with pirates would surely change a man. Would Carlotta even want him if he came home different? If he came home a murdering thief? She would have to. Theodore would sooner die than experience the rejection of his beloved wife. He would just have to continue keeping his secrets...

"Tomorrow," he said quietly, placing small kisses upon her face, "we should have Strauss do that miniature you want of me. I want you to have it before I'm gone. If there's anything else that you want... I swear you'll have it," he promised her, resting his forehead against hers. His arms snaked underneath her and gathered her close against him. "I'll do everything I can to come back to you. Through Hell or high water. I love you too much to leave you in this world."

Annalise giggled beneath Alexander's brief kiss, her fingers fondling the stays of his shirt. It was much too late for her to play the ruse of maiden. She was visibly pregnant, and she certainly wasn't Mother Mary. No, this baby got there through naughty means, through pleasure and ecstasy. It was a baby conceived through love. Everyone likely knew she was pregnant by now. Someone probably spread it around. Annalise didn't care too much. Why care about the things you can't change? She couldn't not be pregnant. Well... she could, but that wouldn't erase the fact that she'd been pregnant. Not that Annalise wanted to get rid of her child! Oh, heavens, no! This baby was precious to her, and she loved it already, couldn't wait to see it and love on it. Ugh... five months would feel so long.

"Perhaps if I wore a humongous dress nobody would know. We can fool them all into thinking I'm as pure as a cherub," she cooed, pecking his lips with another giggle. "No, I think I rather want them all to see my pregnancy. I want them all to know I'm important enough to be carrying the King's heir. I want everyone to see... how I've been chosen. They'll know you're mine."

Annalise slipped away from Alexander to sashay over to the fainting couch. Climbing upon it, she reclined back and stretched tall before allowing her body to relax in an almost feline laziness. A hand ran along her stomach momentarily, and she let out a quiet sigh. She worried sometimes that she would end up like her mother. Her mother nearly died giving birth to her; what if that happened to Anna? What if Anna actually died? Childbirth was a risk, and Annalise was afraid. But there was no point in worrying about it tonight. It was a long ways off.

Looking over to Alexander, Annalise gave him a catty smirk. "Well, your majesty? I don't understand why you're still dressed. I don't understand why these legs of mine aren't already locked around you. Why..." she drawled, turning onto her side and half hiding her face in her arm, "am I not already moaning your name?" Her voice turned husky. "Don't you want to hear it... Alex?"

Floppy Member

16,175 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

Carlotta smiled at her husband's kisses, quite content to receive them. It was hard for her to imagine him gone from her, for any length of time, seeing as she only started living once they'd been married. Of course, before their wedding, Carlotta had been happy and content with her life. She'd been wealthy and cared for. She'd had friends and family. But then she'd married Theodore.

It wasn't that she'd lost friends over the man, but her life had changed so drastically that it was almost as if she had. She'd stopped caring about those silly girls and their tittering. No, she'd much rather have spent her time with her husband. Carlotta had changed with marriage. From one of those silly girls into a woman who had womanly desires. And then they'd moved to Plymouth and she'd been stripped of anyone in her life except for Theodore. There was Ruth and some of the other women about, sure, but her life existed solely in Theodore. What would it be like when he'd gone?

He spoke as if there was a possibility he wouldn't return to her. That hurt her, honestly. She understood that there were always things on the sea that could snatch him away from her, but she didn't want to think about it as a possibility. It wasn't going to happen. Theodore would return to her and then.. they'd be happy again. Perhaps he would stay forever.

“I have everything I want already,” she told him quietly, holding him close. “Except that portrait, of course.” Very briefly, the thought entered her head that he'd arranged for this short-notice trip because of the baby. Was he running away from it? Had he been so opposed to being a father that he'd flee to Italy to escape it? Would he be so upset over leaving her if he'd planned this? God, what horrible thoughts..

- - - -

Alexander agreed, he wanted everyone to know that Annalise was pregnant with his child. Though it was more for portraying the idea that she was his. That he'd chosen her above all other women in England and Scotland and Spain and France. This was the woman he'd wanted and waited all these years for. God knows he'd spent so very long searching for her.

Annalise moved to the fainting couch and reclined on it. He was reminded of the painting he now owned of his betrothed. A painting he was still very much at a loss of what to do with it. He might just keep it in his bedchamber, leaving it covered with the linen. He didn't want anyone to see this woman nude. No one else besides himself, Virginie and Lola. Of course, Smith had already seen her nude, and likely would again once the child was born. And then there was her cousin, unfortunately, and anyone else in her family. And the man who had painted the portrait. And anyone else who had seen the portrait.

Oh, imagining the long list of names likely would have put him in a sour mood, but he had this beautiful women in front of him saying how much she wanted her legs around him. Why she wasn't calling out his name already. He found himself grinning at the thought. “Why indeed?” he wondered. Prompted by her question, he quickly unbuttoned his tunic and tossed it aside before he began work on his britches. “I want to hear it, Anna. I want to hear it until you've grown tired and hoarse from calling it.” With the final articles of clothing discarded, he gathered himself up and moved to her, bending down in order to scoop her up into his arms. “Shall we, my dear?” he asked, moving to deposit her on the bed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff