Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Hunter

14,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
He shrugged after a moment of thought. "A gaggle of fearful sheep worshiping at my feet. But i gave up on that idea when midgar fell and evryone thought i was dead. The opertunity is lost. So i guess i need to think of something else."

Intellectual Warrior

13,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Rena smirked at his response and gave a chuckle as she lightly shook her head. "That might be wise on your part, Mr. President," she mused before sneaking in a little peck to his cheek, just being sweet and affectionate. Rufus had something that his father never had: Peoples respect. Yes, he had tried to rule with fear, but it was respect that kept people like her brother standing by Rufus's side. The other thing that set him apart from his father was that he had someone in his life now that actually cared about him, not his money or status, but Rufus the individual.

Not everyone thought Rufus was dead, and there were plenty of rumors to keep that thought alive and well. Evan living in midgar didn't help to dispel those rumors either, and Cloud was also aware, but the rumors actually gave Rufus the option to be a Phoenix and rise from the ashes if he so wished.

((EDIT))

Dapper Hunter

14,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Rufus had thought of stepping up but for now he stayed behind the curtain. He felt if he did those who hated him would reject any idea he had no matter how good it was. Like why he had rena approach barrett about the oil farm off the coast rather than himself. He knew just being him and no longer having forces to make people move he would get a whole lot of nos.
He smiled at the kiss an arm moving about her waist as he leaned a little on her. It was still odd to have someone just being close to you. He enjoyed her around. And the fact she wasent just another yesman like evryone else. For now he let his mind wonder.

Intellectual Warrior

13,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Rena smiled as Rufus pulled her a little closer to him. Indeed it was strange to have someone close to you, but it was a pleasant kind of strangeness. Rena rested her head on the president's shoulder as they sat by the stone fountain in the tiny garden there in Junon, the two watching Nation stalk and pounce after a butterfly as both their minds drifted for now.

This world still had its secrets, things that simply couldn't be swept under the rug...at least not for long.

Dapper Hunter

14,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
After the time in the garden rufus once more busied himself with reports and balancing funds moving resources and the like. he never felt his job was done and likely never would. he had been up past his usual curfew sitting quietly at his desk with but a single light as he continued to read over reports both paper and electronic.

Intellectual Warrior

13,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Rena left him to work in peace after the little break in the garden, she going to check on the Turks and make sure nothing had blown up...which was always a possibility with some of them.

It was later that evening when Rufus hadn't come to bed at his usual time that Rena made her way to his office to check on him. She knocked lightly on the door just announcing her presence before she opened the door. "You alright in here?" Rena asked softly, knowing that Rufus had a million or so thoughts running through his head at any given moment.

Dapper Hunter

14,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
"Oh miss rose. Sorry i must have lost track of the time." He said putting his pen down. He had been lost in thought but not about anything pressing. "How is everyone doing?"

Intellectual Warrior

13,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Nation yawned where she lay curled up by Rufus's desk, the cat not getting up but purring happily as Rena came in to check on Rufus, the woman leaning down to give the beast an affectionate pat.

Rena waived her hand dismissively at the apology. Rufus was a grown man and could come to bed when he pleased. She just wanted to check on him and make sure everything was alright. "Everyone is doing well," she affirmed. Even Knives seemed in better spirits with her outing earlier in the day with her co-worker. The compound was quiet with the exception of the Turks who were on night patrol. Everybody else was sound asleep at this hour.

Dapper Hunter

14,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Rufus nodded and was glad to hear that. He sighed and for his health had been trying to stick with a sleep schedule. After all any emails sent wouldent be replied to until tomorrow so no reason to stay up late by ones self. "I did it again didn't i?"

Intellectual Warrior

13,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Rena gave a knowing smile at his inquiry but she shrugged, not seeming to mind the slip up. "Old habits die hard, I suppose," she mused sweetly. For Rufus it was far easier to discuss business as opposed to anything else. Rena understood it was how he was raised and she didn't blame him for that. They both grew up in different environments so it was an adjustment for the two of them but that was okay; they were willing to learn together.

Rena came over to him and placed her hands on his shoulders, just lightly rubbing the tense muscles and letting him relax at her touch. "I know you've got a lot on your plate, but please don't work yourself into an early grave," Rena said softly, leaning over and giving his cheek a kiss.

Dapper Hunter

14,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
He nodded. "I guess i should get redy for bed huh?" he asked as he leaned against her some just glad to have someone other then tseng telling him what to do. she had a better way of phrasing it most of the time.

Intellectual Warrior

13,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
"Probably," she mused in reference to going to bed. Rena smiled as he leaned into her touch. It was funny how they had gone from being at one another's throats in the beginning to actually wanting to be close to one another now. Rena moved a few of the president's golden bangs from his eyes and smiled. "Come on, handsome. Let's get some rest,"

Dapper Hunter

14,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
He nodded and followed her back to his room. patting for nation to join them if she wished. he had started walking with a cain just to help stedy him so he did not need to lean on her or crutches. plus he felt it helped him look distinguished. "So did you have any plans for tonight?"

Intellectual Warrior

13,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Rena raised a brow at Rufus asking that kind of question. A typical night for them was Rufus reading reports and Rena a book until both of them got sleepy. The two would then settle down and cuddle as they drifted off to sleep. "Can't say I do...unless you have something in mind..." she said having a seat next to him on the bed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff