Welcome to Gaia! ::

【 Thylia Amora 】
The Colourless Fox
{ Lain R }

After two long days of tracking, Thylia was finally lulled to sleep by the storm. Stretching out her sore limbs from her nap, she thinks about the dream of her brother, Darius again. Like the other nightmares, her brother calls out for her, but is nowhere in sight. Her dreams surge on until she naturally wakes up with her heart hammering in her chest. But this time was different. This time Thylia recognizes the old hunting ground her brother’s voice leads her to. What bothers her the most was the body she found there, from far away it did not appear to be her brother though. “It can’t be him”, she tells herself; she needed to believe that.

Clearing her mind, she packs and continues her search.

With the sounds of birds above her, she finds herself in front of their hunting ground, the one she remembers from her dream. Hidden, she scans the forest and spots a rabbit in one of their traps. She kills the injured rabbit and morphs into a white fox after seeing all of his thoughts. Thylia then takes a quick run through this area after that meal. Damn this storm. Can’t smell anything.

Finally she spots a figure lying down from afar. She runs there at full speed, but suddenly it moves. Thylia was way too fast to stop in time, so she decides to crash into a bush. Crap..ouch! Did he notice me?
Zachella Claw
Raven: The Mistress in Black
User Image
User Image

Zac spots the human before she even lands. He looked awkward, and soaked. She felt bad for him, she had expected a dangerous looking creature, complete with armor, weapons, and blood thirsty eyes. She blinks, he seemed to be rubbing something with a piece of cloth. Being as ignorant as she was, the rifle does not register as a weapon in her mind. To her, it looked like a rather long stick, but it was too straight and the edges too sharp to be at all natural.

Being so focused on this curious subject, she does not hear the soft but swift pattering of feet behind her. The loud crash takes her by surprise. Instinctively, she jumps from the branch and gives a loud caw. The few other crows that were brave enough to have come this far decided that this was enough adventure for them. They nod at Zachella, pleading her with their eyes to follow them. She starts to join them, but her eyes dart to the place where she heard the crash come from. There she saw the most beautiful creature. White fur still dancing in the air where the animal had collided. She stopped her upward descend and against her better judgement, lands on a branch a few feet above the creature. She knew, from her encounters with wild foxes, that they were dangerous. But this one seemed different. For one thing, an albino fox would never survive in the wild, especially not one as clumsy as this.
"Eric Petrov"
"Corporal"
{ Disvibe }

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

“Well it’s not pretty but it should shot.” thought Eric. His clothes had just about dried by now so he put them back on. Just as he poked his head through the top off his sweater, he heard the trees ruffle violently followed by a murder of crows bursting out of the green scenery. “Lost in a forest AND a bad omen, could this day get any worse.” he said as he finished dressing. It was times like these when Eric would remember the stories his mother would tell him back in Russia. “Pinned down by communists’ blah blah blah, riding bears to chases enemy vehicles blah blah blah, separated from comrades in a forest and forced to hike through dense trees to reach civiliz- actually that’s not a bad idea. Thanks mom.” he ranted loudly. Gathering his things, he began to walk on a few stones that were protruding out of the stream to the other side. As he entered the forest, he noticed something odd about the ground. A small trail of dull red lead up to the other side of a nearby tree. He slowly walked around the tree to find a small puddle of blood and the scattered remains of some animal. “Yea ok sure that’s not terrifying at all.” he said to himself. Just then, the bush from before that moved ruffled again slightly. Eric yelped at the sudden surprise and in a moment of fear fired a round toward the bush. Although, the combination of his rifle being broken and his poor aiming skills caused him to hit way off the mark; instead he hit a rock a couple of meters from the bush.“I-it’s probably just my imagination. I should probably get looking for the rest of my team so we can continue the mission.” he stuttered as he jogged slowly through the bushes and into the forest.
Zachella Claw
User Image
User Image

Zac froze as the man walked toward them. He stopped right below the branch she was perched on. Then, with unfortunate timing, the bush below her rustled and Zac knew that this was probably the end of her encounter with the white furred fox. She was about to abandon the creature before noises, as loud as thunder, rang through the air. She saw tiny pellets fly towards a rock a few paces beyond the bush, and embed themselves in it. The man looked disoriented and began speaking to himself. Ha ha ha, she laughs silently to herself, he talks to himself, just like me.

Her fear starts to fade. She watches as he jogs through the bushes, and quite loudly too. He'll definitely catch some unwanted attention if I let him be. She thinks. She looks back at the bush, "I'll come back for you...". She flies to the ground, grabs a pebble with her beak, and ascends. Pounding her wings hard, she catches up to the man and attempts to drop the pebble onto his head.

【 Thylia Amora 】
The Colourless Fox

Thylia ended up keeping as small as possible as the man walked past slowly, saying something about what was the rabbit. As she kept low, she spotted a raven perched above. Abruptly, this horrid loud noise comes out of the contraption the man was holding. She sees these spots fly out and by faster than her. Some of the spots impale into the rock, while some drop looking like strange, shiny pebbles. He is a threat; her heart stops as her brother’s face comes to mind. Her mind goes blank and her vision blurs. She shakes her head and steadies herself. Maybe it’s from running into things too much, he’s alright.

Thylia turns her head after she recovers, she sees the raven carrying the shiny object in her mouth. What is she doing? Does she know what these things are? She thought. She follows them both, using the man’s distinct, harsh smell.

The man suddenly stops and sits down for a while. Taking out a metal container, he tilts it to his mouth and drinks some clear liquid from it. He then closes his eyes. Thylia looks up and sees the raven a little above him, just far enough to go unnoticed. She slowly creeps up the tree near the raven and makes contact. Instantly, all the raven’s thoughts and past rush through Thylia, letting her know that this raven is a shape-shifter as well and that she knows nothing about these unknown objects.

She is back in her human form.
Ikanova Poklonskaya
Lieutenant
User Image

Ikanova had been surveying the landscape for a few hours now. From the top of the tree she was able to assess that she was indeed stuck in the middle of nowhere, aside from the river Ikanova was surrounded by trees and what seemed to be the outline of a mountain far off in the distance. Where the hell is that useless sack of bones. Where is Petrov, I specifically told him to keep watch... That oaf probably tripped and fell into the river, I should have chosen his sister to go on this mission instead. Ikanova takes out her radio, "Petrov. Petrov. Respond this is your Lieutenant speaking I need a report on your location... Nothing." Annoyed, Ikanova finishes her army rations and begins packing up her tent, overhead Ikanova spots an unkindness of ravens or perhaps a murder of crows flying down river. Briefly Ikanova contemplates shooting one of the birds down and enjoy a nice lunch before searching for Petrov but realizes that the bird would probably be too much of a hassle to find and skin afterwards. In the distance Ikanova hears the distinct sound of a single AK-47 gunshot, Petrov, and subsequently witnesses the flock of ravens fly in the opposite direction. Maybe that oaf isn't that useless. He better have some raven stew ready for me before I find him or he's going wish he drowned.
"Eric Petrov"
"Corporal"
{ Disvibe }

Slowing his pace down to a very slow walk, Eric was exhausted. He decides to take a break over by a nearby fallen log. He leaned his rifle against the log and reached for the water container hooked to his belt. After downing the bottle in one sitting, he leaned against the fallen log and closed his eyes for a while. “Man, I wonder how everyone else is holding up right now.” he thought to himself “They’ve probably all meet up already and searching for a shape shifter.” As he sat there, he started to remember the old days; how he just made it out of basic training, his friends in his Special Forces team, all the battles they fought together. “Heh feels like just yesterday we were crawling through mud together saving the world.” he thought to himself. As the memories began playing in his mind, he felt a sharp pain in the back of his head. As the pain subsided, he touched the scar on his neck, his eyes expressionless. “A promise is a promise; don’t worry guys I’ll make you proud.” He quickly changed the thoughts in his head to when he meet his new team. “Hunters, that’s what they called us; pretty lame if you ask me.” he whispered to himself. He began to doze off sitting against the fallen log, not realizing that there was a rope tied around the bottom of the fallen tree. Just as he was about to drift into sleep, he felt something hit his shoulder. Something the size of a large pebble fell into his lap after rolling down his body. “What the hell?” he looked at the area he thought the object was thrown at him from. It was there that he made eye contact with one of the most beautiful girls he has ever seen. Her hair red like fire blew gently in the wind as she stared at him. One thing was for certain, Eric was back to his playboy self.

Beloved Dabbler

7,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image

Ѵ e ɳ o υ sxxxΕ d d α

"What can I do for you?."

• •xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xx ( And in the spring I shed my skin )
xx xx xx xx xx Mood
xx xx xx xx` ﹥Pleasantly neutral
User Image
xx ( And it blows away with the changing wind )
xx xx xx xx xx Actions
xx xx xx xx` ﹥Going to store her dress and crown at home.

xx ( The waters turn from blue to red )
xx xx xx xx xx Addressing
xx xx xx xx` ﹥No one

xx ( As towards the sky I offer it )
xx xx xx xx xx My Song
xx xx xx xx` ﹥Feel Good Inc. - Celia Pavey

xx x x

Venous jumped, nearly ripping apart the delicate project she was working on. A shot that sounded of concentrated thunder reverberated in her chest, and she set aside the circlet of orchids on the soft, mossy, forest floor. She stood, wiping the dirt from her dress and looked around cautiously. "What in the world was that?" She thought, picking back up the crown of flowers she was weaving.

"I should take this home before investigating. It would be a shame to let the blossoms go to waste..." She mused, taking the wilting circlet of daisies off her head, pink hair caught here and there. She made a face, and carefully set it on the ground, walking away and leaving it to decompose in grace. As she walked the path home, she carefully linked together the remaining blossoms and leaves, joining the circlet at a point. She smiled at her handwork, and placed it atop her head, replacing the daisy crown. She smiled serenely, though very aware of her surroundings, listening to the odd rustling of the forest. "I finished... maybe I should look now... Oh, but I don't want to drop my clothes here. They'll get dirty... Yes, I'll leave them at home first." she nodded to herself, her small home made of vines and flowers coming into view.

xx x x
Zachella Claw
User Image
User Image

Zachella yelps and drops the pebble as the fox tackles her... the fox? Where the fox fell back instead was not a fox, but a maiden. She cringes at the sight. Another shapeshifter huh... The fox's beautiful silky coat turns into flesh marked with scars, her powerful legs turn into awkward twigs. The only thing that remained the same were her eyes.
Zac hated being in her human form, probably because she never felt accepted in that form. She looks to the fox in disgust. She turns her gaze back to the human. Her stomach sank. His eyes lay fixed on her. A look of desire crossed his face, as plane as day.
This was supposed to be her moment. Her chance to take down the almighty human, but here he was, being seduced by a clumsy little fox-girl.
Her anger subsided a little as a thought occurred to her. What if she kills him. That would be something I don't want to miss. Contently, Zac ruffles her feathers and settles back down onto the branch, waiting for the the fox-girl to make her move.
User Image
【 Thylia Amora 】
The Colourless Fox
User Image

Thylia lightly dropped to the ground after making contact with Zachella Claw. She looked up and noticed Claw looking in the direction of the man. She heart skipped a beat as she turned her head in the same direction and saw that the man was now standing with his eyes on hers. She knew she should feel threatened, but the strange man’s gaze did not look dangerous. In fact, he just seemed shocked. I want to make a run for it… Those weapons are faster than me though, she contemplated. I should stay still until he makes a move.

Suddenly a gust of wind blows carrying a similar smell. It’s another human.
User Image
【 Thylia Amora 】
The Colourless Fox
User Image

Thylia broke eye contact first as the corner of his lips lifted up. Questioning his purpose, she looked him up and down. He was dressed in unrecognizable clothing, which made him look bigger even though he already has broad shoulders and a tall figure, he looks like he has strength, but can he run fast? Thylia then noticed the rope by his boots. It was one of the old traps that her brother had practiced with. However, she did not know what it did. Maybe I can escape using that, she thought. But then she was reminded of the other human approaching them… I need to do it quickly. She took a step forward partially hiding herself with the tree, hoping he would speak or approach her.
"Eric Petrov"
"Corporal"
{ Disvibe }

“Well what’s a pretty young lady doing out here on her own.” Eric said as he took a few steps toward her. She said nothing but examined him while approaching slowly. Eric stopped a few meters away from her. “No way she’s a shape shifter.” he thought “They told us they were wild animals, but she is literally the opposite.” As she approached him, he noticed that she was partially hiding behind a tree. “Look, I’m not here to hurt you see hands are empty, my rifle is back there. I’m just lost right now. Are you from around here?” he asked hoping she would respond.
Ikanova Poklonskaya
Lieutenant
User Image

Off in the distance Ikanova spots a week's worth of army rations littered beside the riverbank.Petrov's probably. How mindless do you have to be to lose your rations. He's probably starving by now... Still he better not be eating my raven stew. Ikanova takes out her radio and attempts to contact Petrov again, once again she is only met with static... Continuing downstream Ikanova notices a pair of human footsteps on the beach that continue into the forest. Ikanova decides to follow the trail into the forest. What is wrong with Petrov! Does he not remember basic survival training? He should have remained on the riverbank where it'll be easiest for me to find him. Up above on a branch Ikanova spots a lone raven on a branch, she takes out her rifle and scopes in on the beast. Well if Petrov isn't making my stew I might as well make my own before finding him...
        User Image

Raegan Preston
The Collector

Raegan was surprised that she had managed to get a fire going in this rain soaked forest; but she had been desperate to get dry and her desperation had resulted her trying all the more to get a flame going.

Now, she sat next to the fire, her clothes strung up above the fire by a piece of rope tied between two trees, wearing an black under shirt and a pair of female briefs. She wasn't worried about it being considered indecent; she was alone in a God damn jungle, after all. And hell, there were far worse things that could happen aside from showing her bare legs to a fellow hunter... Like getting separated from the main group with only her gun and one of her bags. Thankfully, it was her food that she wound up with, so even though she didn't have any change of clothes or her first aid kit, she wouldn't starve and had a means of obtaining fresh water. Speaking of which, her can of beans looked like it was about ready to eat.

Carefully, she pulled the hot metal can off the hot coals and set it on a rock next to her. She fished her fork out of her pack (a little sad at how empty the bag was after removing the food that had gotten soggy and would likely spoil) and dug in to her second breakfast on this already eventful trip. As she ate, she eyed her scattered items wondering how long it would take to get to the emergency meet up point; her map, laminated and always kept on her person, had survived the storm and as far as she could tell her compass hadn't been damaged either. She had marked several spots on the map before she had gotten it protected for weather and water, but she wasn't used to navigating on her own. She almost always had at least two hired hands around, and on this trip in particular she had upped that number to four. But she had lost them just as surely as she had lost the others who had risked coming out here.

"Well Miss Preston, looks like you got yourself in some boiling water," she muttered to herself, her voice accented with a southern drawl. She sighed, finished her meal and checked on her clothes. They were still damp, but she pulled on the pants anyway; she had to get moving soon. The perishable foods she had brought that had gotten wet were pretty much toast, so she piled it at the base of a tree for whatever wild animals happened by (no point lugging around needless weight). She doused her fire soon after, rinsed the can out with some rain water to keep for later use, gathered her rope and her jacket, strung her compass around her neck, and checked her map as she left her little campsite behind.

There's a hole in my soul
                                                                                    I can't fill it, I can't fill it

You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve
                                                                                    and I have always buried them deep beneath the ground
                                                                                    Dig them up; let's finish what we started
                                                                                    Dig them up, so nothing's left unturned

User Image User Image User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces