Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moroboshist
Suma in cognito
Moroboshist
Suma in cognito
Moroboshist

I guess some bands I listen to are considered VK but I guess as I get older and turn into an old fart like I am the appeal of VK isn't too strong. I'd rather enjoy the music then worry if the band looks some certain way. So really it doesn't matter to me if a band is or isn't as long as I like it.
Well, for me, the appeal of VK manly came from lyrics and song meaning. When you look the way you do, you pretty much have the grounds of writing a song about anything without getting the stink eye. It's pretty much expected of you. I think VK bands have the opportunity to spawn a lot of creativity. That's what I love most. A lot of greatness can be made if the right approaches are taken. But there are a few non-VK bands that do the same that I like.

I guess my opinion on that is different. I don't think a band has to be VK just to be creative, a lot of non-VK bands are. Really, to me the only difference is the way the bands look, and I don't care much either way about how they look. Aoi could go around wearing some Tarzan suit and I'd still love his lyrics XD I always considered the visual aspect to be just that. A visual thing. Plus I find, these days, all these bands all look and sound the same and break up in like, two months. *shrug*
I'm not saying a band has to be Vk to be creative; plenty are that aren't VK.
But being VK definitely tests your creativity, I feel.
And you can find different sounds if you're willing to look really hard. Sure none of them are Ayabie, but...there are still a few out there. xD
All the same, looks aren't what the fans should be focused on, but I think it is useful to the artists. I know that sounds weird but....
._____.

I think I've always just found VK bands to be a band, just with a pretty face. I prefer bands that have really unique sounds and music and have meaningful lyrics most of all. Granted I enjoy a lot of songs that are meaningless because it's fun sometimes, but it's not what I like the most. So a lot of these 'flavor of the month' visual bands that pop up aren't of much interest to me. I suppose it makes me kinda picky but I just don't feel like bothering trying to like something just because.

Actually, usually I get crap from people for not liking all these certain bands. It's silly. I dislike the general VK band fandom as well. I'm not gonna like bands I think suck just because they're "popular." I'd like it if I want to, that's all. I'd be rich if I had a dime for any time someone says "OMG you don't like ___ band?!?!?!!111"
gonk
Meh, I think my opinion is mostly that of an artist's. When I'm working on something, I feel I have to adapt a certain persona or train of thought in order to truly make something I'm proud of. It's just a method but I figure that's how a lot of VK bands work. Personas help you break from your shell a bit more. But again, my views are a little weird so...
Trust me when I say I am just as picky as you. I am open to suggestions, but I have to really be determined to delve into a band to get like them. Like with 12012. I was hesitant to listen to them (mostly in part because I listened to M first...xDDD)...but I just figured that "Hey, every band has a few bad songs. Keep going."

I usually get a lot of crap too. A lot of my friends like Girugamesh and Dir en grey (pre and post VK) and D and bands like that....But I just can't get into them. Granted, I like a few Diru songs, other than that I truly hated them until I listened to those songs, and that was like two songs....
.____.
They ask me how I could ever dislike Alice Nine and I say "Cuz Shou's voice sucks" and it's an all out bitchfest. They ask me how I hate exist trace and I'm like "There songs are really incoherent and a pain to sit through"....ATTAAAAAACCCCKKK. It's the same with SuG and Kra and Plastic Tree and MUCC....I just...I have certain standards and certain sounds I'm drawn to.
OH THE HUMANITY !

D:

Rainbow Phantom

toniie maccaroniie-x
OH THE HUMANITY !

D:

? sweatdrop
toniie maccaroniie-x
OH THE HUMANITY !

D:
.....You just find out or did it just click?
Either way, we feel for you.
D:
Suma in cognito
toniie maccaroniie-x
OH THE HUMANITY !

D:
D:

My cousin called me and told me,
AND I WAS PLANNING ON GOING TO ONE OF THEIR NEXT CONCERTS IF IT WAS CLOSE BY !!
Errrrrrrrrrrrggggg, I wanna know what Aoi heart is going nao. D:

toniie maccaroniie-x
Suma in cognito
toniie maccaroniie-x
OH THE HUMANITY !

D:
D:

I missed on live opportunities as well. ;~;
Aoi's going sooooooolooooooooo.
The other four are starting a new band.

Rainbow Phantom

I didn't enjoy seeing "ex-Ayabie" on Yume and Kenzo's blog posts about their event. sweatdrop
Suma in cognito
toniie maccaroniie-x
Suma in cognito
toniie maccaroniie-x
OH THE HUMANITY !

D:
D:

D:

his solo career will be a HUGE hit.. i hope..
but everyone else is still a band.. why isn't aoi with them..?
i don't understand. D:
toniie maccaroniie-x
Suma in cognito
toniie maccaroniie-x
Suma in cognito
toniie maccaroniie-x
OH THE HUMANITY !

D:
D:

D:

i don't understand. D:
Different ideas and views, I guess. It wasn't made exactly clear other than things were difficult and stressful and they felt they couldnt be themselves after they went major.
Suma in cognito
toniie maccaroniie-x
Suma in cognito
toniie maccaroniie-x
Suma in cognito
toniie maccaroniie-x
OH THE HUMANITY !

D:
D:

D:

i don't understand. D:
Different ideas and views, I guess. It wasn't made exactly clear other than things were difficult and stressful and they felt they couldnt be themselves after they went major.

How stressful on their fans. D:
Cause now I'm very sad...
toniie maccaroniie-x
Suma in cognito
toniie maccaroniie-x
Suma in cognito
toniie maccaroniie-x

D:

i don't understand. D:

How stressful on their fans. D:
Cause now I'm very sad...

I too am really sad including my other friends who told me ; n ; never thought it would come

7,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
I was upset to hear about their break up. But it's not really a disband, it's just four members leaving the band. Aybie is still going on. Only with one member though. i feel bad for Aoi. Hopefully he'll do a good job going solo or he'll find some good new bandmembers. Either way, I wish the best for him and also the four who left. Yumehito, Kenzo, Intesu, and Takehito... Ganbare!
Have...have you guys seen this yet?

I'm...a little speechless, to say the least.
The song is good, but the PV was unlike anything I'd expect from sweet, boyish, little Aoi.
Er, take a gander?
Love the song, the PV is HILARIOUS.

I love Aoi, so much, but he just look so awkward with that chick. And I think it's because she like, towers over him XD

But anyways, definitely not something you'd expect from Aoi, lol. Huge change, but I like it ^^
I first saw it and was like "WOAH. That can't be Aoi. Spanky
xD
In shock.
Absolutely, totally different.

LOL, uh, yeah...I'm sure Aoi didn't really mind that she towered over him.
I'm pretty sure the girl got a handful of crotch at one point. ^^;;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces