Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Darling

10,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Oh I just remembered, the Jason Segel movies Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Geek Him to the Greek (pretty sure he didn't write the latter, but he was involved with something in it.)

Most people have either never heard of those movies, or don't like them. They're some of my favourite movies. As you can tell, I tend to like comedies over serious movies haha...

I do like M. Night Shyamalan movies that are not the Sixth Sense like Signs, the Village, Lady in the Water, and the Happening, but all everyone seems to remember is 6th Sense.

Hallowed Phantom

12,350 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Object of Affection 150
Tragic l2abbit
luffylover

Ron Perlman is one of my favorite actors ever. He's just so adaptable an actor and he makes me want to watch whatever he's in.

I couldn't agree more. He is ridiculously underrated. City of the Lost Children that I mentioned earlier has Ron Perlman. It's a french film but that doesn't hinder his performance one little bit.

Have you seen Quest for Fire? Not only can Ron speak french, he also learned a made up language (created by Anthony Burgess, the author of Clockwork Orange) and plays an awesome prehistoric man, very convincingly I might add. Really, really good movie.

I haven't even heard of Quest for Fire, but I am most certainly looking it up. I adore foreign films as well, so City of the Lost Children is definitely getting found. 4laugh

Hallowed Phantom

12,350 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Robot and Frank is a newer film but it's got a lot of heart. The story of an old cat burglar and his assisted living Robot, it shows how deep true friendship is. Everyone should see this movie. It's one of those films which I would call a "feel good" film. heart

Hallowed Phantom

12,350 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Smexi Chex Mix
Oh I just remembered, the Jason Segel movies Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Geek Him to the Greek (pretty sure he didn't write the latter, but he was involved with something in it.)

Most people have either never heard of those movies, or don't like them. They're some of my favourite movies. As you can tell, I tend to like comedies over serious movies haha...

I do like M. Night Shyamalan movies that are not the Sixth Sense like Signs, the Village, Lady in the Water, and the Happening, but all everyone seems to remember is 6th Sense.
I like some of his stuff (although I haven't seen Lady in the Water which I really want to!), but most of the time I find that I have to watch the movies a few times before I 'get' them. Which is okay because I like watching movies over and over.

Dapper Darling

10,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
luffylover
Smexi Chex Mix

I like some of his stuff (although I haven't seen Lady in the Water which I really want to!), but most of the time I find that I have to watch the movies a few times before I 'get' them. Which is okay because I like watching movies over and over.

I thought it was pretty good.

Yeah, most of his movies are like that EXCEPT the Sixth Sense. That's one of those movies you can only watch once to enjoy it in its entirety.

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Smexi Chex Mix

I really liked Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Get Him to the Greek, especially FSM. I really love Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland. The zombies are definitely a plus but they're both just super funny and well written. Not to mention, Zombieland has Bill Murray.

I've seen about half Of M Night's stuff and really like them but I don't like to rewatch after I've already seen the big reveal. Unbreakable, Sixth Sense, the Village...I started Lady in the Water but I kinda fell asleep, not necessarily fault of the movie.

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
luffylover
Tragic l2abbit
luffylover

Ron Perlman is one of my favorite actors ever. He's just so adaptable an actor and he makes me want to watch whatever he's in.

I couldn't agree more. He is ridiculously underrated. City of the Lost Children that I mentioned earlier has Ron Perlman. It's a french film but that doesn't hinder his performance one little bit.

Have you seen Quest for Fire? Not only can Ron speak french, he also learned a made up language (created by Anthony Burgess, the author of Clockwork Orange) and plays an awesome prehistoric man, very convincingly I might add. Really, really good movie.

I haven't even heard of Quest for Fire, but I am most certainly looking it up. I adore foreign films as well, so City of the Lost Children is definitely getting found. 4laugh

I think you'll really like em, especially the latter.

Confession: I love sci-fi but pretty much the only reason I'll watch Alien Resurrection is because of Ron Perlman. ..We should totally make him a fan thread. I'm guessing just us and the occasional person who liked Hellboy or watches Sons fo Anarchy. xd

Dapper Darling

10,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Tragic l2abbit
Smexi Chex Mix

I really liked Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Get Him to the Greek, especially FSM. I really love Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland. The zombies are definitely a plus but they're both just super funny and well written. Not to mention, Zombieland has Bill Murray.

I've seen about half Of M Night's stuff and really like them but I don't like to rewatch after I've already seen the big reveal. Unbreakable, Sixth Sense, the Village...I started Lady in the Water but I kinda fell asleep, not necessarily fault of the movie.

I just love the one-liners in those movie.

Shaun of the Dead is my favourite movie of all time, but whenever you talk zombie movies, people seem to forget about it sad

That's the thing about a lot of Shyamalans...they're a one-time deal for most cases, but 6th sense is the king of one night stand movies haha

Hallowed Phantom

12,350 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Tragic l2abbit
luffylover
Tragic l2abbit
luffylover

I think you'll really like em, especially the latter.

Confession: I love sci-fi but pretty much the only reason I'll watch Alien Resurrection is because of Ron Perlman. ..We should totally make him a fan thread. I'm guessing just us and the occasional person who liked Hellboy or watches Sons fo Anarchy. xd
It would give us a reason to fan girl over him. Like we need it, but still. blaugh

Wheezing Lunatic

8,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
The Royal Tenenbaums. amazing cast, fantastic movie, no one ever talks about it or watches it.

Hallowed Phantom

12,350 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Mr Sativa
The Royal Tenenbaums. amazing cast, fantastic movie, no one ever talks about it or watches it.
I've heard about that one! Is it really as awesome as it looks?

Wheezing Lunatic

8,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
luffylover
Mr Sativa
I've heard about that one! Is it really as awesome as it looks?

it is. i recommend watching all of wes anderson's movies. they're fantastic
Funky Forest one weird a** japanese film.

It was okay. It was kind of felt like a hipster japanese film, but It was certainly WTF worthy throughout.
I like how, in a discussion about unknown or odd films, we're talking about Tropic Thunder, which is a pretty mainstream film, and independent films that have been critically praised, won awards, and most people know about.

Please. Continue. I'm sure nobody has heard of "Chasing Amy" either.

Hallowed Phantom

12,350 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Quatermass
I like how, in a discussion about unknown or odd films, we're talking about Tropic Thunder, which is a pretty mainstream film, and independent films that have been critically praised, won awards, and most people know about.

Please. Continue. I'm sure nobody has heard of "Chasing Amy" either.

It's more about films that the poster believes are odd or unknown. Just because a movie is mainstream doesn't mean that it can't be either one of those things.

Can you think of any films that you think are odd or unknown?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff