Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Phantom

12,350 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Object of Affection 150
There are times when you find movies that no one else seems to know about; movies that are out of the "normal" sphere of films in general.

This is the thread for those films.

What movies have you found that you love but haven't heard anyone else talk about? What movies have you found that you believe no one else has heard of, but you enjoy? Post them here with a short summery so we can all enjoy them together~!

I'll start us of with...*drumroll*

Bunraku

This movie is full of action! Although it is a little slow to start out with, the fight scenes come in early and there is never a dull moment as the film moves forward. The two main characters, a drifter and a samurai, work together towards their personal goals even though they don't really like one another.

And, as an added plus, it has both Ron Perlman and Woody Harrelson in it!! whee

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
I tried watching that on Netflix but it just didn't pique my interest which is too bad because Woody Harrelson is cool and I absolutely LOVE Ron Perlman.

It's hard to pick a movie like this because a lot of them eventually made it mainstream.
City of the Lost Children
Battle Royale
Pan's Labyrinth

All great movies but who hasn't seen em by now?

I have always loved Arizona Dream but it's scarce I find anyone that's seen it. Weird considering it's lead.

Hallowed Phantom

12,350 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Tragic l2abbit
I tried watching that on Netflix but it just didn't pique my interest which is too bad because Woody Harrelson is cool and I absolutely LOVE Ron Perlman.

It's hard to pick a movie like this because a lot of them eventually made it mainstream.
Battle Royale
Pan's Labyrinth

I have always loved Arizona Dream but it's scarce I find anyone that's seen it. Weird considering it's lead.

I haven't seen Battle Royale, but I have heard that it's pretty darn good. Arizona Dream and City of the Lost Children I've never heard of, but I will definitely be looking them up.

...I have Pan's Labyrinth and while it creeped me out, it also was wicked cool.

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
luffylover
Tragic l2abbit

Battle Royale
Pan's Labyrinth

I haven't seen Battle Royale, but I have heard that it's pretty darn good. Arizona Dream and City of the Lost Children I've never heard of, but I will definitely be looking them up.

Arizona Dream is very offbeat.. it's one of those movies you either fall in love with or think wtf did I just watch? Great directing and acting, love the music.. everything about it is fantastic. I'd love to see again.

Battle Royale is probably a lot easier for more people to watch. Funny though, it was banned here for probably more than a decade due graphic youth violence (tyvm Columbine). A good friend of mine that worked at my favorite local video store loaned me his ripped copy years back along with another Japanese film he recommended - Versus, also very good by the way. Zombie lovers will appreciate that one. Back to BR though, if you enjoyed Hunger Games then you'll like this movie. Even though what's her name insisted she'd never read the manga or seen BR, there are some strong similarities.

I adore Guillermo del Torro so I snagged up Pan's Labyrinth in the video store when it came out. Fantastic. Part of me would have liked to have seen what he would brought to the table had he actually directed The Hobbit but I'm very glad he didn't. I think Peter Jackson did a brilliant job and had Guillermo took over it would have lost that cohesiveness it has with the LOTR trilogy.

Dapper Darling

10,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
The Road to El Dorado

It's my favourite Dreamworks movie, and the most underrated. It's one of those movies that if you didn't like it the first time, you need to see it again, and all its glory will be revealed. Haha

Tropic Thunder is another movie I love, that everyone forgets even existed.

I'm sure there are others, but those are my standouts right now

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Smexi Chex Mix
The Road to El Dorado

It's my favourite Dreamworks movie, and the most underrated. It's one of those movies that if you didn't like it the first time, you need to see it again, and all its glory will be revealed. Haha

I've only seen bits and pieces of The Road to El Dorado but I've always wanted to watch it because the setting reminded me of a cartoon I used to love when I was little, The Mysterious Cities of Gold.

Tropic Thunder was pretty good, excellent cast. Tom Cruise and Robert Downey Jr. gave the comedic actors a run for their money in that.

Ooh that reminds me... Jay Baruchel, funny guy. He was great in Tropic Thunder but I loved Goon which he co-wrote.
I never heard anyone talk about Ip Man before I found it on Netflix to me it is one of the best kung-fu, karate, movies of all time

imo
Le Samourai is a great french noir by Jean-Pierre Melville and Man Bites Dog is about a crew doing a documentary on a serial killer and follow him around and even take part. Both have nice Criterion editions too. The latter is available on Hulu Plus.

Hallowed Phantom

12,350 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Smexi Chex Mix
The Road to El Dorado

I love the music in El Dorado. Elton John was a great choice and Tulio and Miguel are two of my favorite animated characters.

Hallowed Phantom

12,350 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Tragic l2abbit
luffylover
Tragic l2abbit

Battle Royale
Pan's Labyrinth

Arizona Dream is very offbeat.. it's one of those movies you either fall in love with or think wtf did I just watch? Great directing and acting, love the music.. everything about it is fantastic. I'd love to see again.

Battle Royale is probably a lot easier for more people to watch. Funny though, it was banned here for probably more than a decade due graphic youth violence (tyvm Columbine). A good friend of mine that worked at my favorite local video store loaned me his ripped copy years back along with another Japanese film he recommended - Versus, also very good by the way. Zombie lovers will appreciate that one. Back to BR though, if you enjoyed Hunger Games then you'll like this movie. Even though what's her name insisted she'd never read the manga or seen BR, there are some strong similarities.

I adore Guillermo del Torro so I snagged up Pan's Labyrinth in the video store when it came out. Fantastic. Part of me would have liked to have seen what he would brought to the table had he actually directed The Hobbit but I'm very glad he didn't. I think Peter Jackson did a brilliant job and had Guillermo took over it would have lost that cohesiveness it has with the LOTR trilogy.

Guillermo del Torro has some great films out there~ One of his films that I love (although it's kinda supernatural and, well, let's face it, weird) is Kronos. It's a wonderfully done film and has a riveting and thrilling horror aspect. You should look into it.

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
luffylover
Tragic l2abbit
luffylover
Tragic l2abbit

Battle Royale
Pan's Labyrinth

Guillermo del Torro has some great films out there~ One of his films that I love (although it's kinda supernatural and, well, let's face it, weird) is Kronos. It's a wonderfully done film and has a riveting and thrilling horror aspect. You should look into it.

I love that movie. It's probably my favorite vampire film, really different from pretty much any other one I've ever seen.
(I seriously can't get enough Ron Perlman, I just love him sooo much, lol).

Hallowed Phantom

12,350 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
Tragic l2abbit
luffylover
Tragic l2abbit
luffylover
Tragic l2abbit

Battle Royale
Pan's Labyrinth

I love that movie. It's probably my favorite vampire film, really different from pretty much any other one I've ever seen.
(I seriously can't get enough Ron Perlman, I just love him sooo much, lol).

Ron Perlman is one of my favorite actors ever. He's just so adaptable an actor and he makes me want to watch whatever he's in.

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
luffylover

Ron Perlman is one of my favorite actors ever. He's just so adaptable an actor and he makes me want to watch whatever he's in.

I couldn't agree more. He is ridiculously underrated. City of the Lost Children that I mentioned earlier has Ron Perlman. It's a french film but that doesn't hinder his performance one little bit.

Have you seen Quest for Fire? Not only can Ron speak french, he also learned a made up language (created by Anthony Burgess, the author of Clockwork Orange) and plays an awesome prehistoric man, very convincingly I might add. Really, really good movie.

Dapper Darling

10,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
luffylover
Smexi Chex Mix
The Road to El Dorado

I love the music in El Dorado. Elton John was a great choice and Tulio and Miguel are two of my favorite animated characters.

I hated it the first time around, but my friend convinced me to watch it again, and it became out buddy movie haha

Dapper Darling

10,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Tragic l2abbit
Smexi Chex Mix
The Road to El Dorado

I've only seen bits and pieces of The Road to El Dorado but I've always wanted to watch it because the setting reminded me of a cartoon I used to love when I was little, The Mysterious Cities of Gold.

Tropic Thunder was pretty good, excellent cast. Tom Cruise and Robert Downey Jr. gave the comedic actors a run for their money in that.

Ooh that reminds me... Jay Baruchel, funny guy. He was great in Tropic Thunder but I loved Goon which he co-wrote.

It's a really fun movie, but you may not realise it until the second time around.

Robert Downey Jr. is my alltime favourite actor. He's like my Freddie Mercury of acting for me. He and Tom Cruise made that movie haha

I love that guy. He's always such an awkward character in whatever he's cast in, but it makes him so lovable.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff