Welcome to Gaia! ::

vegaspresent's Queen

Girl-Crazy Lover

12,425 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Sheesh, They would filibuster over getting some one to run the TSA until a certen some one had to use an executive order to get s**t done, but they are willing to spend time and money over this "war on Christmas" bull s**t! And they wonder why they are the least popular congress.

Aged Lunatic

God Emperor Baldur
Then they have the nerve to say that they want to eliminate food stamps.

Pssshaw, Baldur. Last election they made it clear that they consider 47% of the country to be leeches who give nothing to the country, and as such care not for anything we have to say, why be surprised by THIS?
Damn Christmas is pissing me off. I swear Christmas is getting celebrated earlier and earlier every year. Right after Halloween was over the commercials started. Wtf. It's like Halloween was completely ignored. It's time for Halloween to take over Christmas.
Andy Partridge
Young Griff Connington
YahuShalum
GunsmithKitten
And FUN FACT!

The only people in America to actually ban Christmas successfully weren't secular liberals; they were Christians.
Wasn't it banned before 1820? (By Christians)

Cromwell banned it, as I recall.

Oliver Cromwell was not an American of any sort.

Believe it or not, not all Christians are Americans.

The point is that Christians have been trying to ban Christmas for ages.

Beloved Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hero 100
There's a war on just about everything now. What's the next war going to be on?
Young Griff Connington
Andy Partridge
Young Griff Connington
YahuShalum
GunsmithKitten
And FUN FACT!

The only people in America to actually ban Christmas successfully weren't secular liberals; they were Christians.

Amazing though that this thread, this subject, and even this quote line that your yourself began are all based in America.
You just randomly decided to mention Oliver Cromwell for some reason as being someone who banned Christmas once in response to someone asking if or when it it was banned in the US before 1820.
Like we could get to Oliver Cromwell with some six degrees of separation if you really wanted (the New England Puritans being the Christmas banners, and their religious background coming from Cromwell's people).

Quote:
The point is that Christians have been trying to ban Christmas for ages.

The 1600's aren't really all that long ago if you're trying to establish that fact. Or England alone for that matter.

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
emotion_0A0
Andy Partridge
Young Griff Connington
Andy Partridge
Young Griff Connington
YahuShalum

Amazing though that this thread, this subject, and even this quote line that your yourself began are all based in America.
You just randomly decided to mention Oliver Cromwell for some reason as being someone who banned Christmas once in response to someone asking if or when it it was banned in the US before 1820.

Yes. Because Oliver Cromwell was an example of it being banned before 1820 (By Christians).

You aren't the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?
Young Griff Connington
Andy Partridge
Young Griff Connington
Andy Partridge
Young Griff Connington
YahuShalum

Yes. Because Oliver Cromwell was an example of it being banned before 1820 (By Christians).

You aren't very sharp if on the topic of past laws in the United States and colonies you randomly waltzed over to England.
It's like if we were discussing gay marriage in the states and someone asked what the first state to legalize gay marriage was. And instead of Mass, you said "Netherlands".

Dedicated Student

I am a christian and I've had people say happy yule and I usually reply in kind. Even though I celebrate christmas. It really doesn't matter to me.

Greedy Millionaire

5,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Celestial Embodiment

War on war?
Andy Partridge
Young Griff Connington
Andy Partridge
Young Griff Connington
Andy Partridge

You aren't very sharp if on the topic of past laws in the United States and colonies you randomly waltzed over to England..

Last I checked...

Quote:

... Doesn't involve the United States.

It's been fun, I've been adequately reminded of what an angsty sperg you are. Enjoy your time on my ignore list.

Liberal Fatcat

Celestial Embodiment

Every other holiday
Global warming
Childless couples
Couples with children
People that dont make 500k a year
Prolifers
Prochoicers
Cats
Dogs
Who owns the internet
the environment
the existence of dinosaurs
evolution
any religion thats not Christianity
fat people
skinny people
average people

I know alot of these are coming out of my a**, but these seem to be very real possibilites on what war might be next. Now personally, Im an athiest. But I say both Happy Holiday and Merry Christmas. I say the former a bit more often when Im out and about because everyone's gotta be politically correct now. > _> I find it pretty stupid to turn a wonderful holiday into something everyone has to get the pitchforks and torches for.

Beloved Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hero 100
This Isnt Sparta
Celestial Embodiment

Every other holiday
Global warming
Childless couples
Couples with children
People that dont make 500k a year
Prolifers
Prochoicers
Cats
Dogs
Who owns the internet
the environment
the existence of dinosaurs
evolution
any religion thats not Christianity
fat people
skinny people
average people

I know alot of these are coming out of my a**, but these seem to be very real possibilites on what war might be next. Now personally, Im an athiest. But I say both Happy Holiday and Merry Christmas. I say the former a bit more often when Im out and about because everyone's gotta be politically correct now. > _> I find it pretty stupid to turn a wonderful holiday into something everyone has to get the pitchforks and torches for.

If I'm not mistaken, I think a few of these already have been turned into a war. But none of them sound far fetched, sadly. I say Merry Christmas to my family, but sometimes I'll say Happy Holidays to other people. If they want to get bent out of shape, then I'll just totally ignore them. I refuse to debate with them over something so trivial. Fortunately, I've never ran into anyone like this yet, and if I did offend someone, they opted to keep quiet. I agree with you, it is stupid to get upset over it. If a person doesn't like Christmas, then they shouldn't celebrate it, and leave people who do like it alone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff