Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lol
Well, I will say that most of the Jesus costumes I see at Halloween or at cons... are meant to be offensive

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Keltoi Samurai
Anne Packrat
Avalon-Demon-Slayer
They became upset over a Jesus costume? Gosh, that's like people getting pissed about people dressing up as Santa for Christmas, isn't it? I mean, I dressed up as a zombie and you don't see survivalist being jerks to me.

I think they were more upset that the kid might have impure intentions in dressing up as Jesus. When they determined he didn't they let him keep it on.

Y'mean, like, afraid he was doing some "Buddy Christ" schtick, or one of those "Zombie Jesus" or "Judgement Day is here! Show me your tatas and I shall judge them" type-things?

I could see the concern, there. I mean, Hell, locally all the Halloween shops had a whole religious section with various priest, nun, rabbi and religious figure costumes, and such "inspired" props as a fake book with a cover that read "the Holy Hammered" that, when you opened the cover, was hollow and contained a flask and two shot glasses. "Offensive religious gag costumes" were a big thing, right up there with "the guy or guys ( ? ) from Duck Dynasty, inexplicably."

On another note: what in the Holy Hell is a "Mormon costume?"

Mitt Romney?
Keltoi Samurai
Anne Packrat
Avalon-Demon-Slayer
They became upset over a Jesus costume? Gosh, that's like people getting pissed about people dressing up as Santa for Christmas, isn't it? I mean, I dressed up as a zombie and you don't see survivalist being jerks to me.

I think they were more upset that the kid might have impure intentions in dressing up as Jesus. When they determined he didn't they let him keep it on.

Y'mean, like, afraid he was doing some "Buddy Christ" schtick, or one of those "Zombie Jesus" or "Judgement Day is here! Show me your tatas and I shall judge them" type-things?

I could see the concern, there. I mean, Hell, locally all the Halloween shops had a whole religious section with various priest, nun, rabbi and religious figure costumes, and such "inspired" props as a fake book with a cover that read "the Holy Hammered" that, when you opened the cover, was hollow and contained a flask and two shot glasses. "Offensive religious gag costumes" were a big thing, right up there with "the guy or guys ( ? ) from Duck Dynasty, inexplicably."

On another note: what in the Holy Hell is a "Mormon costume?"

That's cause most take the chickenshit route and pick on Christianity. Want to impress me? Dress up as Mohammed or Allah on Halloween. It's easy to ******** with a religion that the majority will become offended and tell you 'go to hell', rather than one that may just gut you for it.
So man up or dress up like a tampon.

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
How is he 'perpetuating a religious stereotype' if that's how they dressed back then? Talk about overreacting. At least they made it right though.
Eveille
It was meant to be inspiring, so I really don't see the issue.

In fact though, I wouldn't see the issue either way. My high school always had 1-2 Jesus' a year come dressed up. My boyfriends job had one last year come as 'black Jesus'.

Some people really need a thicker skin about meaningless s**t like Halloween costumes.

It seems like people enjoy screaming offensive these days.. ugh

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
Two of my friends dressed up like grammar nazis this year. (they did a smashing job of it too) About half-way through the day they had to go the the principals office on the account that someone might find it "offensive" according to a school admin. The principal saw them and the interrogated them, they were allowed to wear their costumes for the rest of the day. ^ ^

But I was walking around dressed up as a serial killer, blood splatters and all, but I wasn't stopped.
It all depends on the perspective of people in charge. *shrug*

*this all took place at a public high school

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas