Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
A California high school teacher is back for the new school year despite allegedly posting a series of social media messages in which she vented this summer about wanting to stab her students, once complaining they “make my trigger finger itchy.”

“I already wanna stab some kids. Is that bad? 19 more days,” reads another August tweet from the account reportedly belonging to Krista Arata Hodges, a history teacher at Newark Memorial High School.

The school issued Hodges, 39, a written reprimand, ABC station KGO-TV reported, but some parents believe that’s insufficient.

“As a teacher, I think that she should be held to a higher accountability than other people,” Lisa Roubineau told KGO.

“I’m a nurse, and I can’t vent about my patients on Facebook, so she shouldn’t be able to vent about her students either.”

Grandparent Wanda Williams said that while she doesn’t think Hodges would act on her words, she also shouldn't be allowed to teach there anymore.

It’s unclear whether further action will be taken, and the Newark Unified School District, where classes started Monday, declined to provide details when contacted by ABC News. In a statement, the district said it is aware of “comments posted online” by a teacher and has taken action, but declined to identify the teacher or specify what action has been taken.

Hodges has not responded to ABC News’ requests for comment.

The tweets were posted on a Twitter account with the name “Mrs. Hodges” and the handle @kree49. It has since been deleted, but screenshots of the messages have gone viral.

Students told KGO-TV that Hodges is a popular teacher and has apologized for the alarming messages.

“She told me that she’s very apologetic about it and she’s told me she regrets it and she definitely wasn’t serious about it,” senior Tristian Mosier said.

Another student said Hodges was probably just venting, and didn’t mean to threaten her students.

Kids

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Everybody should be able to vent.

Tipsy Smoker

Holidazed
I hope you're not one of those people who thought a parent was wrong for calling a school stupid. Yet, here we are with something much worse posted on social media.

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Chahklet
Holidazed
I hope you're not one of those people who thought a parent was wrong for calling a school stupid. Yet, here we are with something much worse posted on social media.

Im not entirely sure what you are talking about.
I think people on a whole are still getting use to social media.
Do people still not realize that putting something online is sharing it with the whole world? Vent all you like, in a private setting where not everyone will hear.

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Quote:
“I’m a nurse, and I can’t vent about my patients on Facebook, so she shouldn’t be able to vent about her students either.”

This is exactly the mindset I have in declaring this Not Okay, especially since she said she wanted to stab them. Listen lady, we all get a little stabby sometimes, but do try to post it anonymously if you simply can't resist*, not on your presumably extremely public Facebook, which students can probably access to.

* Those who work in teaching, medical, and judicial/enforcement are and should be held to a higher standard. Sorry, b***h about sensitive information in a private journal or to a therapist.

Aged Fox

When I get the stabby feeling I just hop on Skyrim and stab to my hearts content. XD

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Fox on Stilts
When I get the stabby feeling I just hop on Skyrim and stab to my hearts content. XD

Boy is it fun to stab and Fus Ra someone off a cliff.>:3

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Fox on Stilts

Cicero detected.

Wintry Dragon

Fox on Stilts
Ah, the therapeutic aspect of violent games. 3nodding

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Shama_okami
Do people still not realize that putting something online is sharing it with the whole world? Vent all you like, in a private setting where not everyone will hear.

Exactly.
These days there are probably not too many teachers who don't want to stab (or do somthing non PC) a student at one time or another - particularly at the higher grades.
But posting about it in public forums is rather bad form.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
JamesWN
Fox on Stilts

Cicero detected.

Strong contender for most annoying NPC in the game.
I was glad to see him die. smile

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Fox on Stilts

I go to Gears of War 3 and load up with a Retro Lancer, then bayonet charge my way through a level or six.

If that doesn't help, I switch to the regular Lancer, then chainsaw some ********.

If THAT doesn't help, I grab a Scorcher Dry-Chemical Defoliant Projector, then I project some defoliant on some bitches.

Defoliating some Morlock bitches tends to cheer me right up every time.

Dedicated Student

That is alarming. People can vent, but they don't have to vent that way.

Quotable Prophet

Look, everyone should be free to vent their frustrations, but there are times and places for such things, and on the internet with a handle that is well known and openly attached to your real name is a pretty damned stupid way to go about it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff