Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ah big deal there's a bunch of shirts from different brands that say stupid things like that. Guess what? Don't buy them or that brand if you want to go that far.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
MemoriesOfGreen
David2074
MemoriesOfGreen
But I love Wonder Woman. sad

Me too. And I liked Lucy Lawless as Xena too.
But they could both still be kick a** independent women if they went into battle in something other than a glorified bikini.
I'm a guy, I enjoy looking at attractive women and I enjoyed looking at these two in their somewhat skimpy costumes.

I was simply making that point that women choose to wear all kinds of outfits and that doesn't make Target "evil' for selling something that some women want to wear and other women are offended by.

Ironically, if Target were to take the exact opposite approach and decide not to sell anything in the way of women's clothing that could be considered offensive, or in any way sexual then people would be complaining that Target was being patriarchal and stomping on their freedom of choice and so on.

I think Target was just being really tacky. I don't think they meant to put women down but it came across as just not seeming appropriate.

It's not the shirt I would buy for me or for a friend but my shopping mall is full of stuff I don't personally find appropriate. And I'm not a prude or anything but frankly there is a lot of stuff in various stores folks could consider rude or sexist or whatever. Someone mentioned Spencers and of course they have a lot of off the wall or rude stuff. But all of the big stores have stuff you could pick apart. Just seems rather lame to single out Target and make a big stink when all they are really doing is following fashion trends. As I pointed out in a previous post Target is not the only (or even the first I think) to have various "Trophy" shirts.
Just more chunky feminists jealous of the women who can rope in many more men. Same old tired whining.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I don't see anything wrong with that shirt. Just mountains made out of molehills by thin-skinned retards. cat_rolleyes
Dumb shirt, but if you're dumb enough to want to buy it, who am I to stop ya.

Amateur Angel

17,950 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
eh. I've seen way worse.
was it american apparel that was selling the one that said "I'm too pretty to do math"? That one bugged me. this one is just kind of...stupid.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

I seen stuff like that for guys before.
Where is the outrage there,ladies?

Honestly,seems like a humor shirt to me.>>;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items