• Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
Yobyaxes S
Amor Vincit
Yobyaxes S

"Feminism is in the majority"
[Citation Needed]

"GamerGate condemns death threats."

Death threats are only part of the problem. The movement is doing more harassment in general than any actual insight into journalistic integrity.

Quote:
GamerGate is largely playing out on Twitter, and if the movement is about ethics in games journalism, logic says the majority of tweets on the #GamerGate hashtag should be directed at games journalists and their employers and not at game developers...

So, is GamerGate really about ethics in journalism? Newsweek asked BrandWatch, a social media analytics company, to dig through the more than 2 million tweets about GamerGate since September 1 discover how often Twitter users tweeted at or about the major players in the debate, and whether those tweets were positive, negative or neutral. BrandWatch sampled 25 percent of tweets—what it considers a reflective amount of data—on the hashtag #GamerGate from Sept. 1 to Oct. 23....

Twitter users have tweeted at Quinn using the #GamerGate hashtag 10,400 times since September 1. Grayson has received 732 tweets with the same hashtag during the same period. If GamerGate is about ethics among journalists, why is the female developer receiving 14 times as many outraged tweets as the male journalist?...

The discrepancies there seem to suggest GamerGaters cares less about ethics and more about harassing women.

GamerGaters do tweet a lot at the official Kotaku account—more than any individual journalist or editor. That account has been pummeled with 23,500 tweets since September 1. But that number pales in comparison to the tweets received by Brianna Wu, another female game developer who has spoken out against GamerGate, and Anita Sarkeesian, who has been a vocal critic of sexism in gaming. Sarkeesian has been bombarded with 35,188 tweets since September 1, while Wu has gotten 38,952 in the same time period. Combined, these two women have gotten more tweets on the #GamerGate hashtag than all the games journalists Newsweek looked at combined. And, again, neither of them has committed any supposed “ethics” violations. They’re just women who disagree with #GamerGate.

Also, it's way too far-fetched to believe that Quinn, Sarkeesian and Wu made threats against themselves so much that they had to move away from their own homes.

Quote:
...all three claim threats related to GamerGate have driven them from their homes—a claim which is reinforced by the fact that the FBI has reached out to the development community to discuss solutions for online harassment.

Source

Still using feminist biased news sources huh? Besides, you would find it far-fetched despite the fact that Zoe Quinn in particular has done a lot of similar s**t in order to slander GamerGate. You're already biased yourself so I wouldn't expect you to do this, but if you spent more time listening to the GamerGate side, you'll see that neither of the 3 are perfect "victims" like you want to believe.

"Still using feminist biased news sources, huh?"
Still claiming that every news source that does not support your point is "feminist biased", huh?
You also failed to provide citation where indicated.

"Zoe Quinn in particular has done a lot of similar s**t in order to slander GamerGate."
Wow, nice deflection. That does not negate the fact that the figures show that GamerGate is more about harassment than anything else. Also, I've never heard about Quinn threatening someone to the point where they didn't feel safe in their own home. Unless you have citation for that.

"You're already biased yourself."
Because you definitely aren't rolleyes

"If you spent more time listening to the GamerGate side..."
You know what, I did when this thing first started a few months ago. But as tweet after tweet with the hashtag "GamerGate" was just a bunch of grumpy gamer who were ranting about women expressing their opinons and going so far as to threaten them, it became harder to see the "ethics in journalism" part of their cause, espicially considering that their mascot is a rape joke. And also the fact that many gamers themselves denounced the members and supporters of GamerGate as bitter individuals that made the gaming community look bad. Especially after actress and gamer Felicia Day was doxxed, right after she expressed fears about being doxxed by GamerGate.

Anxious Informer

9,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
Yobyaxes S
Amor Vincit
Yobyaxes S
Amor Vincit
Yobyaxes S

"Feminism is in the majority"
[Citation Needed]

"GamerGate condemns death threats."

Death threats are only part of the problem. The movement is doing more harassment in general than any actual insight into journalistic integrity.

Quote:
GamerGate is largely playing out on Twitter, and if the movement is about ethics in games journalism, logic says the majority of tweets on the #GamerGate hashtag should be directed at games journalists and their employers and not at game developers...

So, is GamerGate really about ethics in journalism? Newsweek asked BrandWatch, a social media analytics company, to dig through the more than 2 million tweets about GamerGate since September 1 discover how often Twitter users tweeted at or about the major players in the debate, and whether those tweets were positive, negative or neutral. BrandWatch sampled 25 percent of tweets—what it considers a reflective amount of data—on the hashtag #GamerGate from Sept. 1 to Oct. 23....

Twitter users have tweeted at Quinn using the #GamerGate hashtag 10,400 times since September 1. Grayson has received 732 tweets with the same hashtag during the same period. If GamerGate is about ethics among journalists, why is the female developer receiving 14 times as many outraged tweets as the male journalist?...

The discrepancies there seem to suggest GamerGaters cares less about ethics and more about harassing women.

GamerGaters do tweet a lot at the official Kotaku account—more than any individual journalist or editor. That account has been pummeled with 23,500 tweets since September 1. But that number pales in comparison to the tweets received by Brianna Wu, another female game developer who has spoken out against GamerGate, and Anita Sarkeesian, who has been a vocal critic of sexism in gaming. Sarkeesian has been bombarded with 35,188 tweets since September 1, while Wu has gotten 38,952 in the same time period. Combined, these two women have gotten more tweets on the #GamerGate hashtag than all the games journalists Newsweek looked at combined. And, again, neither of them has committed any supposed “ethics” violations. They’re just women who disagree with #GamerGate.

Also, it's way too far-fetched to believe that Quinn, Sarkeesian and Wu made threats against themselves so much that they had to move away from their own homes.

Quote:
...all three claim threats related to GamerGate have driven them from their homes—a claim which is reinforced by the fact that the FBI has reached out to the development community to discuss solutions for online harassment.

Source

Still using feminist biased news sources huh? Besides, you would find it far-fetched despite the fact that Zoe Quinn in particular has done a lot of similar s**t in order to slander GamerGate. You're already biased yourself so I wouldn't expect you to do this, but if you spent more time listening to the GamerGate side, you'll see that neither of the 3 are perfect "victims" like you want to believe.

"Still using feminist biased news sources, huh?"
Still claiming that every news source that does not support your point is "feminist biased", huh?
You also failed to provide citation where indicated.

"Zoe Quinn in particular has done a lot of similar s**t in order to slander GamerGate."
Wow, nice deflection. That does not negate the fact that the figures show that GamerGate is more about harassment than anything else. Also, I've never heard about Quinn threatening someone to the point where they didn't feel safe in their own home. Unless you have citation for that.

"You're already biased yourself."
Because you definitely aren't rolleyes

"If you spent more time listening to the GamerGate side..."
You know what, I did when this thing first started a few months ago. But as tweet after tweet with the hashtag "GamerGate" was just a bunch of grumpy gamer who were ranting about women expressing their opinons and going so far as to threaten them, it became harder to see the "ethics in journalism" part of their cause, espicially considering that their mascot is a rape joke. And also the fact that many gamers themselves denounced the members and supporters of GamerGate as bitter individuals that made the gaming community look bad. Especially after actress and gamer Felicia Day was doxxed, right after she expressed fears about being doxxed by GamerGate.

Wow! You're willing to go that far to prove that GamerGate is bad huh? By taking that claim that Vivian James is based off a rape joke? I always knew that there was no use it arguing with batshit insane feminist. You could post all the "proof" you can, it doesn't change the fact that all the websites you posted have a feminist leaning and would be on the anti-GamerGate side now matter how much you explain it to them, pretty much just like you and how much I wouldn't be able to make you see the light no matter how much proof I give you, so I don't bother.

Wow! You really don't like it when people prove all your points wrong, huh? Generally, when people resort to insults, it's because they've got nothing left. Learn to admit when you're in the wrong instead of desperately trying to defend a movement that has been shown to be overwhelmingly about harassment and restriction of free speech. Open your eyes.

"...no matter how much proof I give you..."
Ha, what proof? You couldn't even provide citations for over half of the claims you made.

Anxious Informer

9,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
Yobyaxes S

You didn't prove me wrong. You posted biased sources which were wrong to begin with.

BTW, I don't believe you ever were on GamerGate's side to begin with.

"You didn't prove me wrong."
Mkay. You think that. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

"You posted biased sources."
*Failed to prove how they were biased* Just saying they're biased doesn't make them so. You do understand that just because a piece of evidence proved you wrong doesn't mean that it's biased, right? And you're acting like that one minute video was free of bias. Notice how it failed to touch on the origins of the movement, the threats, etc.

"I don't believe you ever were on GamerGate's side to begin with."
I never said I was on their side; I wasn't on anyone's side when I first heard about it. Initially, I heard it was about "ethic in journalism," but it was getting a lot of backlash. Interested, I gave the movement the benefit of the doubt and did some research on it. It did not look pretty. Further, all the tweets I saw from actual supporters of the movement were just threats, insults, and whining. Naturally, I went from neutral to against. It doesn't matter what you believe, that's what happened. The end.

Anxious Informer

9,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
Yobyaxes S
Amor Vincit
Yobyaxes S

You didn't prove me wrong. You posted biased sources which were wrong to begin with.

*Failed to prove how they were biased* Just saying they're biased doesn't make them so. You do understand that just because a piece of evidence proved you wrong doesn't mean that it's biased, right? And you're acting like that one minute video was free of bias. Notice how it failed to touch on the origins of the movement, the threats, etc.

I never said I was on their side; I wasn't on anyone's side when I first heard about it. Initially, I heard it was about "ethic in journalism," but it was getting a lot of backlash. Interested, I gave the movement the benefit of the doubt and did some research on it. It did not look pretty. Further, all the tweets I saw from actual supporters of the movement were just threats, insults, and whining. Naturally, I went from neutral to against. It doesn't matter what you believe, that's what happened. The end.

That figures. Looks like your feminist bias wouldn't allow you to see the light anyways so I can't blame you for being on the anti-GamerGate side. Brainwashing does that to a person.

Lol, apparently "feminist bias" means using facts to support your points. When presented with facts, you just plugged your ears and believed only what made you feel comfortable - you're the only one who's "brainwashed." Anyway, I think it's your nap-time; you're getting a bit cranky.

Anxious Informer

9,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
Yobyaxes S
Amor Vincit
Yobyaxes S
Amor Vincit
Yobyaxes S

That figures. Looks like your feminist bias wouldn't allow you to see the light anyways so I can't blame you for being on the anti-GamerGate side. Brainwashing does that to a person.

Lol, apparently "feminist bias" means using facts to support your points. When presented with facts, you just plugged your ears and believed only what made you feel comfortable - you're the only one who's "brainwashed." Anyway, I think it's your nap-time; you're getting a bit cranky.

Nah. You were already on the wrong side of the argument so I wasn't surprised that you would use sources that were equality as wrong as you.

Meanwhile, you had no sources to refute mine. Bye.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Yobyaxes S
Amor Vincit
Yobyaxes S
Amor Vincit
Yobyaxes S

Nah. You were already on the wrong side of the argument so I wasn't surprised that you would use sources that were equality as wrong as you.

Meanwhile, you had no sources to refute mine. Bye.

Didn't need any.

Dude, just wank off already. Reading through your troll posts is obnoxious s**t. Honestly though, if this is what you find fun, how have you not killed yourself yet? And that is a logical jump because clearly you have nothing else to do with your evenings. It's like watching GSK rant about s**t, cause a scene, then claim it was all fun and game- waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute!

Nah...

Lonely Explorer

8,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I agree with this, to a point.

Obviously if it was rape or the guy is unfit to be a father, then the guy really doesn't get a say. However, when you are in a committed relationship both people should have a say. Yes it is her body, but it took two to make that baby which is part his too. Making it a law to need dad's permission..idk.

reminds me of the case of the teen dad who was fighting for his baby that the mom gave away for adoption, but what he wanted didn't matter because he was the dad and it didnt come out of him. I should really read up on that story to see if he did get to keep the kid in the end.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Tell me again why the nation voted republicans into office last month.

Distinct Member

Sakura Takafumi
I agree with this, to a point.

Obviously if it was rape or the guy is unfit to be a father, then the guy really doesn't get a say. However, when you are in a committed relationship both people should have a say. Yes it is her body, but it took two to make that baby which is part his too. Making it a law to need dad's permission..idk.

reminds me of the case of the teen dad who was fighting for his baby that the mom gave away for adoption, but what he wanted didn't matter because he was the dad and it didnt come out of him. I should really read up on that story to see if he did get to keep the kid in the end.

There were even movies dedicated to a fathers plight. Like how much wemon are in control of the situation.
Ms. Doubt fire is a good example despite being a comedy. This father had to deceive to see his children more, and when found out they were taken away. Yeah at the end she tears up the contract, and he can see them so happily ever after, but it still shows that control.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff