Welcome to Gaia! ::

kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
I just realized-- this topic is not about numbers, nor is it about whether the peoples of the Middle East are capable of constructing an advanced culture when not meddled with by outside forces.

It's about the necessity of stopping Isis and preventing genocide.

And what about the other atrocities in the world? Did the US ever give a ******** about Darfur?

But whatever. You claim to want peace and then you approve of air strikes on other people. Maybe you should not care about the rest of the world and concentrate your efforts on universal healthcare and gay rights and birth control.

I give a ********, whether our government does or not.

I approve of air strikes on people who want to murder 40,000 innocents based solely on disliking their religion. I approve of airstrikes to prevent genocide.

Just because you don't care about and/or are actively hostile toward the rest of the world doesn't mean I can't have human compassion toward non-Americans. It also doesn't mean I care less about other projects. Stop projecting.

Then you are not for peace.

Says someone who thinks non-American lives are worth less than American lives. You lack the credibility to make any moral claims about me.

My actions would not get us into war. Your's will.

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
I just realized-- this topic is not about numbers, nor is it about whether the peoples of the Middle East are capable of constructing an advanced culture when not meddled with by outside forces.

And what about the other atrocities in the world? Did the US ever give a ******** about Darfur?

But whatever. You claim to want peace and then you approve of air strikes on other people. Maybe you should not care about the rest of the world and concentrate your efforts on universal healthcare and gay rights and birth control.

I approve of air strikes on people who want to murder 40,000 innocents based solely on disliking their religion. I approve of airstrikes to prevent genocide.

Just because you don't care about and/or are actively hostile toward the rest of the world doesn't mean I can't have human compassion toward non-Americans. It also doesn't mean I care less about other projects. Stop projecting.

Says someone who thinks non-American lives are worth less than American lives. You lack the credibility to make any moral claims about me.

Incorrect. These IS militants have made it clear they intend to target the US. Should we wait for them to take over the Middle East and massacre innocents and gather strength before going after us?

For instance, we felt isolationism would keep us from getting embroiled in a war at the beginning of WWII. Our lack of involvement allowed the conflict to worsen and ultimately Pearl Harbor and other incidents drew us in anyway. And, what do you know, we also ignored genocide in that instance as well.

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
kiironobara
Old Blue Collar Joe
Again, I never said we needed to be in their s**t, we should have left them alone in their caves.
But no, they weren't 'doing well' before we started meddling. We just introduced them to more dangerous toys and new and improved ways to kill each other.

Please read history on the Middle East. They were extremely advanced and are technically responsible for the creation of the numbers and some mathematical systems we use today, among other things. You're clinging to a stereotype that simply isn't accurate.

Actually, that's a myth that is perpetuated because ignorance is bliss. The advanced math was also being utilized by Greeks, who mastered engineering, as well as other cultures. To attempt to claim it all originates from any one area is beyond ludicrous and shows to major rewriting of history to spin the story and facts.
The Irish were astrologers as well, as were many pagan cultures.

I also want to note, the Greeks failed to move much beyond geometry because they considered the idea of zero to be blasphemous to their philosophy. There's this great book you should read: Zero: The Biography of a Dangerous Idea.
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara

Incorrect. These IS militants have made it clear they intend to target the US. Should we wait for them to take over the Middle East and massacre innocents and gather strength before going after us?

For instance, we felt isolationism would keep us from getting embroiled in a war at the beginning of WWII. Our lack of involvement allowed the conflict to worsen and ultimately Pearl Harbor and other incidents drew us in anyway. And, what do you know, we also ignored genocide in that instance as well.

How many times have we gone to war out of fear that the enemy will attack us later? Vietnam?

We were involved in World War 2 before Pearl Harbor was attacked. We sent money and supplies to the allies while we also enacted an oil embargo on Japan (The action that most likely got us attacked). We not only ignored genocide, we committed it. Nukes, anyone?

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara

How many times have we gone to war out of fear that the enemy will attack us later? Vietnam?

We were involved in World War 2 before Pearl Harbor was attacked. We sent money and supplies to the allies while we also enacted an oil embargo on Japan. We not only ignored genocide, we committed it. Nukes, anyone?

Vietnam was idiotic and started over a misguided attempt to defend France's control of Vietnam.

We've been sending money and supplies everywhere. That's not military involvement, which is what we're talking about here.
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara

We were involved in World War 2 before Pearl Harbor was attacked. We sent money and supplies to the allies while we also enacted an oil embargo on Japan. We not only ignored genocide, we committed it. Nukes, anyone?

Vietnam was idiotic and started over a misguided attempt to defend France's control of Vietnam.

We've been sending money and supplies everywhere. That's not military involvement, which is what we're talking about here.

Same with Iraq which you use the same justification for.

We also cut oil supplies to Japan. You think that has nothing to do with Pearl Harbor?

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara

We also cut oil supplies to Japan. You think that has nothing to do with Pearl Harbor?

Since when was France involved in Iraq? Please put your logic train back on the track.

Again, we were not militarily involved until that point. Economic sanctions are not military involvement.
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara

Since when was France involved in Iraq? Please put your logic train back on the track.

Again, we were not militarily involved until that point. Economic sanctions are not military involvement.

Since when was that our justification to go into Vietnam? The US went in out of the paranoia that letting a country fall to the soviets would bring them closer to invasion.

We were involved in the first place and that is what got us into war.

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara

Since when was that our justification to go into Vietnam? The US went in out of the paranoia that letting a country fall to the soviets would bring them closer to invasion.

That was our justification for staying in when France pulled out.

And how are we not involved in this, given that we caused it?
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara

Inaction towards terrible people is not peace.
Protecting people by inaction is like trying to put out a fire with flamethrowers.
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara

And justifications are fancy words for excuses.

Because we got out of there. Why are we obliged to fix this problem? I find it so hilarious how liberal you claim to be when you want to go back into Iraq. You are no better than the conservatives who got us there.
Chicken Zombie
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara

Protecting people by inaction is like trying to put out a fire with flamethrowers.

No. Trying to protect people with bombs is like put out a fire with a flamethrower. Fighting for peace is like ******** for virginity.

At this point, I don't care. If I was in Obama's shoes, My first executive order the moment I first sat in the oval office would have been to withdraw every single civilian and military personnel out of Iraq and Afghanistan within less than 48 hours. I am sick of war, I am sick on the US using their massive military budget at the expense of our country. Say what you want about Reagan, Ford or Carter. At least they had peace. Just because the Iraqis are killing eachother doesn't mean we have to kill them. They are of no interest or use to us.
God Emperor Baldur
Chicken Zombie
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara

No. Trying to protect people with bombs is like put out a fire with a flamethrower. Fighting for peace is like ******** for virginity.

At this point, I don't care. If I was in Obama's shoes, My first executive order the moment I first sat in the oval office would have been to withdraw every single civilian and military personnel out of Iraq and Afghanistan within less than 48 hours. I am sick of war, I am sick on the US using their massive military budget at the expense of our country. Say what you want about Reagan, Ford or Carter. At least they had peace. Just because the Iraqis are killing eachother doesn't mean we have to kill them. They are of no interest or use to us.

Reagan was also a shitty president who put the economy in a terrible place. No, it isn't. If we want peace, we have to take action against people who wish to destroy it. If not, people would be free to do whatever they want without any consequence, meaning cycles would continue with more and more victims.
Chicken Zombie
God Emperor Baldur
Chicken Zombie
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara

Reagan was also a shitty president who put the economy in a terrible place. No, it isn't. If we want peace, we have to take action against people who wish to destroy it. If not, people would be free to do whatever they want without any consequence, meaning cycles would continue with more and more victims.
You don't see me disagreeing with you that Reagan was s**t, but at least there wasn't any war in the US. And while ISIS may be free to do as they please, then at least they are doing it outside of the American borders.

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara

And justifications are fancy words for excuses.

Because we got out of there. Why are we obliged to fix this problem? I find it so hilarious how liberal you claim to be when you want to go back into Iraq. You are no better than the conservatives who got us there.

Exactly. There was no actual justification.

Because we caused the problem. It's not because we pulled out, but because we invaded in the first place and destabilized the entire area. Good grief.

We had no justification for ruining their nation. But how can we justify abandoning hundreds of thousands of people to ethnic cleansing?

Oh, fun, the bullshit liberal/conservative crap again. Because, you know, there isn't an entire spectrum and this isn't a complicated issue. But if I criticize your critical thinking skills someone might report me to a mod for "trolling" and get me warned again, so I'm just going to wash my hands of you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff