Welcome to Gaia! ::

N3bu
God Emperor Baldur
N3bu
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur

And why is that? Would you rather have us meddle in the affairs of other countries and rack up our ridiculous military budget?

This isn't meddling in the affairs of other countries. This is preventing a genocide, something we obligated ourselves to (and have failed to live up to on many occasions, sadly) with our signing of the Geneva Conventions.

There are no boots on the ground. This is targeted strikes against ISIS, which stands between the Yazidis trapped on the mountain, and the Kurds trying to rescue them. There is no interference in a nation's affairs, only a rescue operation.

If the fact that they're not Americans makes it less worthwhile to save them from genocide in your eyes, you are part of the problem. Their lives = American lives. They are not worth less.

Which is meddling in the affairs of another country. The government doesn't care about genocide. If they did, then they wouldn't have funded genocide in South America. What they care about is Money. The only reason we even care about ISIS is because they took over the oil fields. Something Darfur, Rwanda and Cambodia lacked. If you want to talk about genocide. Maybe we should talk about the million dead as the result of the Iraq War. Do you honestly think it's a brilliant idea to go in there?

PS: Boots not hitting the ground implies that the F/A-18 is invincible. It has been shot down by SAM's. Something I'm sure ISIS has.

Do you think it's a brilliant idea to leave them?

Yeah because it's not our problem.

It will be when they basically occupy Iraq, Syria and Lebanon and the media starts reporting an exodus and massacre of somewhere near 2 - 3 million Christians.

Or so I assume.

They're not Americans. I don't care.

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur
kiironobara
God Emperor Baldur

Who cares? At least the people dying are not Americans.

And this attitude is one reason I, as an American, hate most other Americans.

And why is that? Would you rather have us meddle in the affairs of other countries and rack up our ridiculous military budget?

This isn't meddling in the affairs of other countries. This is preventing a genocide, something we obligated ourselves to (and have failed to live up to on many occasions, sadly) with our signing of the Geneva Conventions.

There are no boots on the ground. This is targeted strikes against ISIS, which stands between the Yazidis trapped on the mountain, and the Kurds trying to rescue them. There is no interference in a nation's affairs, only a rescue operation.

If the fact that they're not Americans makes it less worthwhile to save them from genocide in your eyes, you are part of the problem. Their lives = American lives. They are not worth less.

Which is meddling in the affairs of another country. The government doesn't care about genocide. If they did, then they wouldn't have funded genocide in South America. What they care about is Money. The only reason we even care about ISIS is because they took over the oil fields. Something Darfur, Rwanda and Cambodia lacked. If you want to talk about genocide. Maybe we should talk about the million dead as the result of the Iraq War. Do you honestly think it's a brilliant idea to go in there?

PS: Boots not hitting the ground implies that the F/A-18 is invincible. It has been shot down by SAM's. Something I'm sure ISIS has.

We caused the damn problem by destabilizing the region with the stupid idea of going in to start with. It is our responsibility to clean up that mess, especially when it comes to the genocide and ethnic cleansing our government's actions has enabled.

There's this thing called human compassion. You might want to look into it.
God Emperor Baldur
N3bu
God Emperor Baldur
N3bu
God Emperor Baldur

It will be when they basically occupy Iraq, Syria and Lebanon and the media starts reporting an exodus and massacre of somewhere near 2 - 3 million Christians.

Or so I assume.

Why would you even care about Americans?
N3bu
God Emperor Baldur
N3bu
God Emperor Baldur
N3bu
God Emperor Baldur

Or so I assume.

Considering I am one? Personally I don't want war. If peace for the US requires the rest of the world to burn, then so be it.
God Emperor Baldur
N3bu
God Emperor Baldur
N3bu
God Emperor Baldur

Or so I assume.

Considering I am one? Personally I don't want war. If peace for the US requires the rest of the world to burn, then so be it.

So American's are more deserving because.. you're an American?
That's a bit...

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
N3bu
God Emperor Baldur
N3bu
God Emperor Baldur
N3bu
God Emperor Baldur

Or so I assume.

That's a bit...

Xenophobically nationalist?
kiironobara
N3bu
God Emperor Baldur
N3bu
God Emperor Baldur

That's a bit...

I was going to go with Egotistic, but sure.
kiironobara
N3bu
God Emperor Baldur
N3bu
God Emperor Baldur

That's a bit...

I think I'd go with extremely shortsighted. While I dislike our servicemembers dying for no reason, in a region we went in in the first place, to just say 'not our problem' tends to be rather ignorant and forgetting of history.
Does Baldur actually think that their long range plans don't include taking us down as well?
We can n** it in the bud now, or face it in a few years with a vengeance.

Superpowered Werewolf

20,340 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Galactic Domination 200
Glorious Leader Luna
God Emperor Baldur
No. Just no. We don't need to meddle in the affairs of other countries.

Because that worked before

The Islamic State is at some point (if not stopped before hand) going to have a go at Israel

Islamic State forces are well trained and very well armed it will not be the curbstomp Gaza has been or the six day war.

the Holocaust trump card will be played hard and for good reason because it will be likely that IS would go do that.

and thus the US will go in full force no matter who is in the white house at that point.

Because it will be that or Israel will nuke the s**t out the Islamic State or the Islamic State gets hold of Israeli nukes both meaning fun times for all.
And don't forget if Israel falls they will launch nuclear missiles.
oh, and two bombs aren't really doing anything other than giving him the chance to say 'we took action'.

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
I think I'd go with extremely shortsighted. While I dislike our servicemembers dying for no reason, in a region we went in in the first place, to just say 'not our problem' tends to be rather ignorant and forgetting of history.
Does Baldur actually think that their long range plans don't include taking us down as well?

That too. But this "no one but Americans matter, let 'em suffer and die" s**t is why the world has a negative view on Americans in general. Especially when we created the problem that led to them suffering and dying in the first place.
kiironobara
Old Blue Collar Joe

That too. But this "no one but Americans matter, let 'em suffer and die" s**t is why the world has a negative view on Americans in general. Especially when we created the problem that led to them suffering and dying in the first place.

Nah, the hatred of Americans' has existed since we became a world power, and truth be told, my attitude is, if you don't like me, when your house is on fire? ******** you. Leave my firehose alone.
If you hate my guts, I'll happily let you starve in the streets.

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
kiironobara
Old Blue Collar Joe

Nah, the hatred of Americans' has existed since we became a world power, and truth be told, my attitude is, if you don't like me, when your house is on fire? ******** you. Leave my firehose alone.

Well, some of the s**t we've pulled (coups, attempted takeovers, land-grabs, magna carta, etc) hasn't made us all that likable. So some of the hate is actually justified. Making a mess and then saying "gotta go, good luck" only makes it worse.
kiironobara
Old Blue Collar Joe
kiironobara
Old Blue Collar Joe

Well, some of the s**t we've pulled (coups, attempted takeovers, land-grabs, magna carta, etc) hasn't made us all that likable. So some of the hate is actually justified. Making a mess and then saying "gotta go, good luck" only makes it worse.

Again, we made the mess in Iraq and need to stay and clean it up, but I also believe part of the problem is that they LIKE being a s**t hole with no intelligence.
How the ******** do you fix a country that enjoys wallowing in stupid?

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
kiironobara
Old Blue Collar Joe
kiironobara
Old Blue Collar Joe

Again, we made the mess in Iraq and need to stay and clean it up, but I also believe part of the problem is that they LIKE being a s**t hole with no intelligence.
How the ******** do you fix a country that enjoys wallowing in stupid?

Look at things from a historical perspective. You'll see they were actually doing quite well before Europe and then America started meddling, and then it all went to s**t.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff