Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Quote:
While he was under investigation, Avila said he had used two of the five pounds of marijuana to help train his police dog. The other drugs though, he did not comment on.

I call bullshit on this one too. There is a protocol for this. You have to turn it in and draw up some papers for permission for use for training your dog. At least I would think so. This sort of crap makes the paperwork difficult.

By the way, there is a distinct difference between medical MJ and recreational. They would have to prove which is which (as in where it was going and what it's intended use). You can't do that without the damned evidence!
More proof that the so-called authorities are lawless.
america logic in a nutshell.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Well, that's a load of horse s**t. How much you wanna bet the people he "confiscated" it from probably got b***h slapped by the long hand of the law?
Yet all they have to do is catch you clenching yourself, and they get to give you enemas and colonoscopies. And send you the bill for the procedure.
To train his dog -______-

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

Same old double standards. And the police wonder why the general public no longer trusts/respects them.

User Image

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Valiant Corvus
xdivision_whitey
Isn't it legal to have it anyways?
Not in Cali.
I had to look it up. It's up on par as a traffic violation of 100 dollar ticket. Medical Marijuana is legal.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
xdivision_whitey
Not in Cali.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Alright, so he stole a truly ridiculous amount of property from people, and they don't plan to file charges against him.

Sounds about par-for-course.

Liberal Gaian

9,750 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Quote:
Robin Lipetzky, the county’s chief public defender, told the Raw Story, “They are cutting him some slack because he’s a police officer… Anybody else found with 5 pounds of marijuana in their possession, I don’t care who that is, that person is going to be charged with a crime.”

Disgusting. It's basically saying police officers are above the law. One reason why I don't trust most officers.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
I'm sure he was just holding it for a friend. blaugh

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Quote:
No charges are planned on being filed against a California police officer who was in possession of between four and five pounds of marijuana at his home in Oakley, California.

Officer Joe Avila, a 17-year-veteran of the Richmond Police Force (RPF), has been under investigation by the RPF since January, according to the Richmond Confidential. It was around this time the RPF began to notice Avila was not filing any follow-up reports for about 37 calls of service he had gone on.

One of these calls was to a UPS Store in November, 2013, where it is suspected Avila had collected the marijuana and then failed to turn the drugs over to the department’s evidence department.

Robin Lipetzky, the county’s chief public defender, told the Raw Story, “They are cutting him some slack because he’s a police officer… Anybody else found with 5 pounds of marijuana in their possession, I don’t care who that is, that person is going to be charged with a crime.”

While he was under investigation, Avila said he had used two of the five pounds of marijuana to help train his police dog. The other drugs though, he did not comment on.

When the investigation was under way, Avila was the key witness in a case where he had helped to secure a conviction. However, Deputy Public Defender Elise McNamara who represented the defendant in this case, is saying this is an ethics violation.

“They have a constitutional mandate to disclose exculpatory evidence to us prior to a trial,” said McNamara. “If there’s an officer on the case who’s been discredited, then we have the right to know that.”

“The DA’s office is taking the position that this officer did nothing wrong. And because they think he did nothing wrong, they are not turning over any information,” said Lipetzky. “They have a vested interest in not having an officer’s credibility called into question, because then it impacts all the cases they’re trying to prosecute.”

As of now, Avila is on paid administrative leave.
Hahahahaha what the ********]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces