Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quote:
"The problem here is that we have a 26-year-old mother who has no reason to approach an 11-year-old child, so her credibility as far as I'm concerned is shot," said Lt. John Walker, Philadelphia Police.

Honestly. If that 11 year old was really bullying her daughter then I do think she had a reason to approach the child to talk about the issue. Though I do think that should only happen if every single other avenue is undertaken first. Such as talking to the school and the bully's parents.

Kawaii Cutie-Pie

Vizal
So it's perfectly fine to beat your own child if you did, but still not another parent's child?

There's nothing wrong with occasionally beating your own child as long as they did something to deserve it and you don't go crazy on them. But then again, I guess it depends on your definition of 'beating'. :/

Tipsy Streaker

8,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
Pnyuu
Vizal
VIZAL'S TRAIN OF THOUGHT:

Quote:
Mom Charged with Beating Up Daughter's Bully
Hmn, sounds black...

Quote:
A Philadelphia mom was arrested inside her daughter's school after police say she assaulted an 11-year-old student.
Yeah, probably black.

Quote:
Attifa Brown says she was upset her daughter was being bullied at school, but denies ever hitting the child.
Yup, okay. She's black.

Quote:
"I don't beat my own child, let alone somebody else's," said Brown.
This was just too funny not to comment on...
So it's perfectly fine to beat your own child if you did, but still not another parent's child?

Kill yourself

I rarely condone suicide, but racist bigots really should just remove themselves from the face of the earth before their stupidity spreads to others like some sort of horrible disease.

Tipsy Smoker

Vizal

Quote:
Hmn, sounds black...

Quote:
A Philadelphia mom was arrested inside her daughter's school after police say she assaulted an 11-year-old student.
Yeah, probably black.

Quote:
Attifa Brown says she was upset her daughter was being bullied at school, but denies ever hitting the child.
Yup, okay. She's black.

Quote:
Dumbass. rolleyes

Fashionable Man-Lover

13,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Crack Shot 50
Misty Moonsilver
Vizal
Pnyuu
Vizal

Quote:
Hmn, sounds black...

Quote:
Yeah, probably black.

Quote:
Yup, okay. She's black.

Quote:

Kill yourself

Can't say that I'm surprised that this is the first response. Frankly, I expect quite a few negative responses.
Good day.

No really. Kill yourself. Idiot.

User Image

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
ChocolateXCheese
Pnyuu
Vizal

Quote:
Hmn, sounds black...

Quote:
Yeah, probably black.

Quote:
Yup, okay. She's black.

Quote:

Kill yourself

I rarely condone suicide, but racist bigots really should just remove themselves from the face of the earth before their stupidity spreads to others like some sort of horrible disease.

What is racist about it? Given the name and location, it's a logical deduction that the parent in question is black/African American. Like reading about a guy ned Seamus living in Boston and assuming they're Irish or Irish-American.

Feline Combatant

12,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Profitable 100
While I admit it is simple parental instinct to protect one's child; there is a significant difference between instinct and what the intelligent response to external matters should be. No court or community, regardless of nationality, race or creed would wink and nod at the concept of any individual entering a primary school and physically assaulting a child. Did she fail to eat her Wheaties? Perhaps she hadn't had her V8 that day? At best, she must have failed to take her medication that morning. Whatever the case, I hope they do more than slap this Neanderthal on the wrist for her actions.

Dangerous Nerd

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
When people try to solve bullying with more bullying, things can only get worse. This case is a perfect example.

Receiver

Silvia Crow
ChocolateXCheese
Pnyuu
Vizal

Quote:
Hmn, sounds black...

Quote:
Yeah, probably black.

Quote:
Yup, okay. She's black.

Quote:

Kill yourself

What is racist about it? Given the name and location, it's a logical deduction that the parent in question is black/African American. Like reading about a guy ned Seamus living in Boston and assuming they're Irish or Irish-American.

the fact that he thought she was black just by reading the title of the article is racist in itself. and there's only 5% more blacks than whites living in philly so assuming she's black because of "location" does not apply to this

Ferocious Browser

If that other girl was bullying her daughter she had every reason in the world to approach the 11 year old, dumbass cop.

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
The school should have dealt with the bullying before this happened. If the school does nothing, someone else will do something and it endangers people. I believe this is why we have bad people in the first place: They are victims of reasonless hate or hate is all they know.

Mega Cutie-Pie

Some people's parents....

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Mrs. Browns daughter will now most likely be tormented even more thanks to her moms meddling. Either that or potential friends won't bother with her/will give her the cold shoulder by thinking "Yeah, that's the girl with the crazy mom." Poor girl. Lousy mom.
Misty Moonsilver
Vizal
Pnyuu
Vizal

Quote:
Hmn, sounds black...

Quote:
Yeah, probably black.

Quote:
Yup, okay. She's black.

Quote:

Kill yourself

Can't say that I'm surprised that this is the first response. Frankly, I expect quite a few negative responses.
Good day.

No really. Kill yourself. Idiot.

So, I'm an idiot now? Alright. Well, that makes two.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff