Welcome to Gaia! ::

RodeoLegend's Senpai

wow........... just wow

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I pray for the the day when people realize athletes do not deserve to be placed at such a high status

Dapper Dabbler

10,300 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
Sports bring in funding for the schools while actual education doesn't. We stop that, we stop athletes being treated like high-school gods.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
victor gusta queso
Sports bring in funding for the schools while actual education doesn't. We stop that, we stop athletes being treated like high-school gods.

I heard somewhere that that's a myth. apparently, for every $1 spent on a school's sports program, they take in roughly 60¢ of revenue, or some such

Dapper Dabbler

10,300 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
Keltoi Samurai
victor gusta queso

I heard somewhere that that's a myth. apparently, for every $1 spent on a school's sports program, they take in roughly 60¢ of revenue, or some such

CNBC
Maybe it depends on where you live.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

victor gusta queso

It's scary as hell when we value the ability to pitch and kick balls around more than we do the work of a future scholar or even a factory worker. Tells a lot about our Cro Magnon society, I say. Let's leave the competition to actual businesses where finance is important and not ones that rely on nearly brainless muscle flexing and an army of rape apologists.

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
Athletes at all levels, from high school and college into the pro leagues, are treated like gods and protected from the law, so they feel free to commit whatever crimes they want to. The worst part is that the public at large excuses them or forgives them. Anybody remember Kobe Bryant's conviction for rape?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff