Welcome to Gaia! ::

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
xXFurygeistXx
Teabo Milk Tea
I don't eat at McDonald's because nothing there is vegetarian-friendly (not even their fries, since I heard it's cooked in animal fat, and I don't go to McDonald's for a salad. I go to my own grocery store for that), but I want to see some of their international burgers here in America, like India's McVeggie burger and McAloo Tikki (potato and vegetable) burger. And even though I'm vegetarian, I'd still like to see Japan's shrimp burger here in America.
...the fries are cooked in peanut oil. Do you have any idea how expensive it would be to cook fried foods in animal fat? Nah. They do peanut oil, same as everyone else. Seriously, even high end restaurants don't cook in animal fat, that is the silliest bs I've ever heard in my life. Lard is way more expensive than peanut oil or veggie oil. Ain't nobody gonna waste money on that s**t unless they are specifically advertising it that way and are charging for it. However, if you are strict vegan or vegetarian, you should know that though some restaurants designate friers for meats and veg, a lot of the time they don't and even when they do, the employees don't always stick to it, especially during a lunch or dinner rush. Unless it's a higher end restaurant. They tend to pay kitchen staff enough money to care.
McDonald's did used to cook their fries and pies in beef tallow - not lard - and they were unbelievably delicious. They stopped doing so by 1990, bowing to demands from vegetards. The fries have never tasted the same, and the pies are no longer fried at all. Apparently they used beef flavoring for a while afterwards, but nowadays the fries are completely vegetarian.
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/09/us/mcdonald-s-to-settle-suits-on-beef-tallow-in-french-fries.html

Big Member

10,675 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Brandisher 100
McDonald's already has a terrible stigma in my mind. I wouldn't eat a Big Mac if it was free.

Liberal Friend

I thought they removed trans fat from their foods and drinks, but it doesn't seem to be the case based on this, which is effective as of 9/5/2014. Bleh. I regret ever eating there, especially within three years. I'm glad I've been living a healthier lifestyle for several years now.

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
David2074
Wrenry
Darnit, so guess they aren't going to bring the beer can in exchange for food program over here.

Sure they will.
Except now they'll give you a tofu wrap instead of a burger. smile

I know that tofu if is considered a healthy food but in the hands of McDonald's your hyphothetical wrap would come out with either the same or even more calories than the burgers and taste just like them. So win win? blaugh

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Wrenry
David2074
Wrenry
Darnit, so guess they aren't going to bring the beer can in exchange for food program over here.

Sure they will.
Except now they'll give you a tofu wrap instead of a burger. smile

I know that tofu if is considered a healthy food but in the hands of McDonald's your hyphothetical wrap would come out with either the same or even more calories than the burgers and taste just like them. So win win? blaugh

Well, the best tofu is deep fried in bacon grease and then sprinkled with 107% of your daily allotment of salt and sugar. Bonus points for over sized sugary drink to go with.

Magical Star

I want them to add Shaka Shaka Chicken like Japan's McDonald's.
emotion_drool

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
How about this: Use real meat.
Omnileech
You'd think better tasting food would be on the list.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Newbie Pumpkin

it's not going to work!! even if wore a paperbag on there head and wrote "mc lardnugs" it wouldn't work User Image
User Image

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Wrenry
Quote:

It seems so simple to me why havent they become the first fast food chain to offer and market veggie burgers.
Seems like theres a huge market for that.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Ratttking
xXFurygeistXx
Teabo Milk Tea
I don't eat at McDonald's because nothing there is vegetarian-friendly (not even their fries, since I heard it's cooked in animal fat, and I don't go to McDonald's for a salad. I go to my own grocery store for that), but I want to see some of their international burgers here in America, like India's McVeggie burger and McAloo Tikki (potato and vegetable) burger. And even though I'm vegetarian, I'd still like to see Japan's shrimp burger here in America.
...the fries are cooked in peanut oil. Do you have any idea how expensive it would be to cook fried foods in animal fat? Nah. They do peanut oil, same as everyone else. Seriously, even high end restaurants don't cook in animal fat, that is the silliest bs I've ever heard in my life. Lard is way more expensive than peanut oil or veggie oil. Ain't nobody gonna waste money on that s**t unless they are specifically advertising it that way and are charging for it. However, if you are strict vegan or vegetarian, you should know that though some restaurants designate friers for meats and veg, a lot of the time they don't and even when they do, the employees don't always stick to it, especially during a lunch or dinner rush. Unless it's a higher end restaurant. They tend to pay kitchen staff enough money to care.
McDonald's did used to cook their fries and pies in beef tallow - not lard - and they were unbelievably delicious. They stopped doing so by 1990, bowing to demands from vegetards. The fries have never tasted the same, and the pies are no longer fried at all. Apparently they used beef flavoring for a while afterwards, but nowadays the fries are completely vegetarian.
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/09/us/mcdonald-s-to-settle-suits-on-beef-tallow-in-french-fries.html
That had to have been extremely expensive...*shrugs* The more you know. All I know is nowadays, they don't, it's not cost effective, and for a place that isn't willing to pay their employees a proper living wage...yeah.

Shy Gaian

If McD's wants to win people back (at least me) they need to make chicken nuggets taste like they did back when I was younger.
They were so gooood. emotion_drool

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
The problem with mcdonalds isn’t the options they offer, it’s the quality of their food.

Everything in that place is unhealthy for you, and If I remember right their burgers are that slime not even real meat. If they’d improve the quality of what they offer in addition to customer service, perhaps they’d do better. Until then , I know anyone who knows the truth about Mcdonald’s food won’t be back

Shy Cat

8,665 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Lol at everybody hating on McDonald's. You guys make me feel like I have horrible taste (though I'll admit I probably do) since I like McDonald's just fine xd Their fries are my favorites, better than any other restaurant around here. And the burgers aren't bad either, mystery meat or not.

But the Chicken McNuggets are vile, disgusting chunks of offal. I've had them twice in my life: the first time I was 2-3 years old and the taste of them made me throw up. (Considering the kinds of things a toddler will eat...yeah.) The second was when I was 11 and my friend's mom got them for me not knowing I hated them. I didn't want to offend her so I managed to choke them down. DX

...And their sodas are all flat and watered down. :X
mcdonald's is still mcdonald's

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas