Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Businesswoman

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Wrenry
Malee
I wish McDonalds would bring over some of their international menu items to the US. I would kill for an ebi burger.

Some exec probably thinks people in the US would find the items "weird" and wouldn't bring in a profit. So no ebi or cheese katsu burgers for us.

Oh poo. crying

Dapper Gawker

RatchetHoe94
AnaI Crackers
CaiteeByrd
AnaI Crackers
CaiteeByrd
AnaI Crackers
I work at mcdonalds, they're taking it off because no one ever buys it! Plus Mcdonalds kinda forces the employee's to eat their food, you get 1 free employee meal any day you work, but they don't provide a fridge or microwave for us to bring in our lunch.... guess what that 1 meal usually goes to?

The free meal option is different depending on whether it is corporate or franchised. The franchise liscencee at the McDonald's in my town only allows half priced employee meals.
Oh wow, sorry to hear :c. I hate working there though, my legs, ankles and back always hurt after work.

I know... I'm in the midwest and I had to close back drive, so I had my arms dipped in super hot chemical water, then sticking out the window into sub zero temps to take money. It was stink.
They had me doing lobby on my 3rd day of work :L

I've been working at Mcdonald's for 7 months now and the likes I get on my facebook posts increased probably 75%, no lie, because of the stories I tell. I'm pretty sure I work at one of the worst McDonald's lol. But I get my 40 hours a week so I can't complain too much.
I asked for a transfer since I found a mcdonalds six miles closer to my house and the distance it takes me to get to the bus stop to get to the one I work to is equal distance to the Mcdonalds I wanna transfer to. but she said I can't because "they need me" but she only giives me like 15 hours a week, I basically make my own hours, I'm NEVER scheduled to come in so I just have to come to work when I *want* to

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
AnaI Crackers
RatchetHoe94
AnaI Crackers
CaiteeByrd
AnaI Crackers
Oh wow, sorry to hear :c. I hate working there though, my legs, ankles and back always hurt after work.

I know... I'm in the midwest and I had to close back drive, so I had my arms dipped in super hot chemical water, then sticking out the window into sub zero temps to take money. It was stink.
I've been working at Mcdonald's for 7 months now and the likes I get on my facebook posts increased probably 75%, no lie, because of the stories I tell. I'm pretty sure I work at one of the worst McDonald's lol. But I get my 40 hours a week so I can't complain too much.
I asked for a transfer since I found a mcdonalds six miles closer to my house and the distance it takes me to get to the bus stop to get to the one I work to is equal distance to the Mcdonalds I wanna transfer to. but she said I can't because "they need me" but she only giives me like 15 hours a week, I basically make my own hours, I'm NEVER scheduled to come in so I just have to come to work when I *want* to

What? That's bull. That's what one of the manager's said when i worked there but she seemed to have vanished last week whether she was fired or quit, i have no clue, but I'm getting out asap. Good luck though. Is it a franchise or corporate owned?

Dapper Gawker

RatchetHoe94
AnaI Crackers
RatchetHoe94
AnaI Crackers
CaiteeByrd
AnaI Crackers

What? That's bull. That's what one of the manager's said when i worked there but she seemed to have vanished last week whether she was fired or quit, i have no clue, but I'm getting out asap. Good luck though. Is it a franchise or corporate owned?
On the website it says both are franchise's. Still, I've been working for a month and still haven't finished my training because they rarely let me work.

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
AnaI Crackers
RatchetHoe94
AnaI Crackers
RatchetHoe94
AnaI Crackers

On the website it says both are franchise's. Still, I've been working for a month and still haven't finished my training because they rarely let me work.

ESCAPE
If that's the case, I'm sure the owner is the type who doesn't care about anything except for his money flow.

Dapper Gawker

RatchetHoe94
AnaI Crackers
RatchetHoe94
AnaI Crackers
RatchetHoe94
AnaI Crackers

ESCAPE
If that's the case, I'm sure the owner is the type who doesn't care about anything except for his money flow.
Trust me I will, this boy asked to get transferred cause he's moving to a street that's right next to mine, and she said no he can catch a bus. Just rude right?

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
AnaI Crackers
RatchetHoe94
AnaI Crackers
RatchetHoe94
AnaI Crackers

ESCAPE
Trust me I will, this boy asked to get transferred cause he's moving to a street that's right next to mine, and she said no he can catch a bus. Just rude right?

Definitely. Sheesh. Where I am, they are just lazy but everyone is nice to me. Maybe that's because I have seniority now though lol. All the people who were there when i first started are fired or they quit and i'm the last one but i've already started applying other places. After Warped Tour rolls around, I am *GONE*

Dapper Gawker

RatchetMule94
AnaI Crackers
RatchetHoe94
AnaI Crackers
RatchetHoe94
AnaI Crackers

ESCAPE

Definitely. Sheesh. Where I am, they are just lazy but everyone is nice to me. Maybe that's because I have seniority now though lol. All the people who were there when i first started are fired or they quit and i'm the last one but i've already started applying other places. After Warped Tour rolls around, I am *GONE*
Everyone is so nice to me, I don't want to leave cause they're so nice but the manager's are assholes.

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
AnaI Crackers
RatchetMule94
AnaI Crackers
RatchetHoe94
AnaI Crackers
ESCAPE

Everyone is so nice to me, I don't want to leave cause they're so nice but the manager's are assholes.

Exactly. And the funny thing with the managers is that most of them will be McDonald's managers until they retire where as you're more likely to have a better job in the future. Or at least, most of my managers are stuck with that job, idk how yours are.

Dapper Gawker

RatchetMule94
AnaI Crackers
RatchetMule94
AnaI Crackers
RatchetHoe94
AnaI Crackers
ESCAPE

Exactly. And the funny thing with the managers is that most of them will be McDonald's managers until they retire where as you're more likely to have a better job in the future. Or at least, most of my managers are stuck with that job, idk how yours are.
General manager has been working there for 12 years, I was like DAMN b***h. One girl is 17, been working there for 3 months and is already in training to become a manager, she's super nice, she helped me out most (the crew trainer quit so I had to learn on the job). The managers yell cause I don't know s**t and the other crew members show me everything whenever they get the chance. Like "oh btw paper towels are here and ice is there ect ect."

Rainbow Admirer

Damn, I remember the McPizza. It was around in the 90's and I found it to be really good.

Moonlight Gekko

7,900 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
Wrenry
Malee
I wish McDonalds would bring over some of their international menu items to the US. I would kill for an ebi burger.

Some exec probably thinks people in the US would find the items "weird" and wouldn't bring in a profit. So no ebi or cheese katsu burgers for us.

Or kiwi burger! That's my fav egg; beetroot; tomato; cheese and lettuce. It was very good. It comes in and out but because eggs are so difficult to 'hold' its only ever limited.

Moonlight Gekko

7,900 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
CaiteeByrd
AnaI Crackers
CaiteeByrd
AnaI Crackers
Hasuki Aatisuto
Wrenry
Don't know, with how McDonalds is now trying to appear healthy the Hula Burger would probably wind up being a success if brought back.

McDonald's is not even attempting to be healthy nowadays.

They are planning on taking off (or already did) SALAD from the menu. Yeeeeeeeeeeeah.
I work at mcdonalds, they're taking it off because no one ever buys it! Plus Mcdonalds kinda forces the employee's to eat their food, you get 1 free employee meal any day you work, but they don't provide a fridge or microwave for us to bring in our lunch.... guess what that 1 meal usually goes to?

The free meal option is different depending on whether it is corporate or franchised. The franchise liscencee at the McDonald's in my town only allows half priced employee meals.

Man; don't they provide a jacket or something? My place does and we often wear long sleeve thermals underneath; and a heater at the window. This winters been bloody cold and so they can't really complain at us for it. But I usually work mc cafe side so no drive-thru for me.

Like you we only get half price; but we just compensate by using the works microwaves.

Shameless Fairy

Aliiak
CaiteeByrd
AnaI Crackers
CaiteeByrd
AnaI Crackers

Man; don't they provide a jacket or something? My place does and we often wear long sleeve thermals underneath; and a heater at the window. This winters been bloody cold and so they can't really complain at us for it. But I usually work mc cafe side so no drive-thru for me.

Like you we only get half price; but we just compensate by using the works microwaves.

We had coats, but if the sleeves got wet, it was the same problem... and if you took the time to get your coat on before going ot the window, the people may have already driven to the second window and you get slightly scolded. stressed Hence why I work at a call center now.

Artiistic's Significant Otter

Angelic Demigod

19,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I had a McPizza way back when I went on a class trip to DC. It was okay, it had pepperoni on top and came with animal crackers on the side. It even came in its own little cardboard box.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff