Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Prince Ikari
As a young conservative Republican I have an extremely unfavorable view of both Arabs and Muslims. I would not trust a Muslim working in an important government job or holding public office. And if there is reasonable suspicion that an Arab or Muslim is involved in terrorist activities or have connections to groups or individuals involved in terrorist activities they sure as heck should be profiled. Too many Muslims are becoming radicalized and fighting alongside ISIS in Iraq and Syria. They pose a national security threat to the United States and to the West. If the violence in the Middle East escalates any further then we should place all Muslims in the United States in internment and ban them from traveling in or out of the country. Internment might sound a bit harsh but we cannot have radicalized Muslims coming back to the United States and launching jihad as many of them have threatened to do. The UK is already on high alert. We should be too.

News update: It is also Americans and British who are white (and not related to any Muslim in any way shape or form) who are also now being radicalized. England is contemplating a means of dealing with their own situation because for them, it has become a real big problem.
One guy who was on one of the videos recently said that it is "an adventure and fun just like going to Disneyland". Or something to that effect. I saw that video last week on CBS. These guys are seriously being brain-washed and made to think the radicals are the "good guys who give candy to children".

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Gloria Steinem
Holidazed
Gloria Steinem
All racism is wrong and a sign of ignorance. We are all people, get over it.

Fact.
But is it wrong to be wary of peoples religious views that support killing members who leave it?

Then one should be wary of all extremism. Most Muslims are not extremists, they are moderates. There are small groups of extremists in all religions who deserve the same level on concern.

Most muslim countries subscribe to this belief.
We cant keep acting like every bad thing the muslim religion promotes is only done by extremists and i would say there are more in that religion then most.
And as far as i can find they are the only religion thats kills someone for leaving it.

PS: I am wary of all religions, but this ones on the top of my list.

Magical Seeker

3,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Speaking from a female perspective - Muslims and Arabs aren't my most favored of people.

Liberal Voter

11,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Holidazed
Gloria Steinem
Holidazed
Gloria Steinem

Fact.
But is it wrong to be wary of peoples religious views that support killing members who leave it?

Then one should be wary of all extremism. Most Muslims are not extremists, they are moderates. There are small groups of extremists in all religions who deserve the same level on concern.

We cant keep acting like every bad thing the muslim religion promotes is only done by extremists and i would say there are more in that religion then most.
And as far as i can find they are the only religion thats kills someone for leaving it.

Basing a whole group of people on Theocratic countries is a very inaccurate view of life. I am ethnically Jewish, but I am against what the small population of Orthodox Jews have in their belief system, and most Jews do not follow their religious extremism.

I am also against the attacks of the Palestinian people that the Jewish state of Israel is doing, and I am not alone amongst other Jews who feel that way.

The majority of Muslims in the world are everyday people who have homes and families, jobs, school.

Maybe you don't live in an area that includes a Muslim demographic, but I do, and there is no issue. In fact they enhance the area with fantastic restaurants and art and culture.

If you have ever been invited into a Muslim home you would know how they are wonderful hosts and they treat the guests in their homes like royalty.

Why don't you venture out and actually meet some of these people who you think you are against?

Conservative Victory

Nyadriel
Prince Ikari
As a young conservative Republican I have an extremely unfavorable view of both Arabs and Muslims. I would not trust a Muslim working in an important government job or holding public office. And if there is reasonable suspicion that an Arab or Muslim is involved in terrorist activities or have connections to groups or individuals involved in terrorist activities they sure as heck should be profiled. Too many Muslims are becoming radicalized and fighting alongside ISIS in Iraq and Syria. They pose a national security threat to the United States and to the West. If the violence in the Middle East escalates any further then we should place all Muslims in the United States in internment and ban them from traveling in or out of the country. Internment might sound a bit harsh but we cannot have radicalized Muslims coming back to the United States and launching jihad as many of them have threatened to do. The UK is already on high alert. We should be too.

News update: It is also Americans and British who are white (and not related to any Muslim in any way shape or form) who are also now being radicalized. England is contemplating a means of dealing with their own situation because for them, it has become a real big problem.
One guy who was on one of the videos recently said that it is "an adventure and fun just like going to Disneyland". Or something to that effect. I saw that video last week on CBS. These guys are seriously being brain-washed and made to think the radicals are the "good guys who give candy to children".

Which is why we need to restrict travel from the West to that part of the world. Anyone who has been in that part of the world for an extended period of time should be severely vetted to ensure that they are not a national security threat before being allowed to return home. I know that is how the UK is trying to approach this situation with revoking passports at their borders. Any idiot who thinks that what is ISIS is doing is just a game is a danger to all of us. Entire groups of people are being massacred over there right now. Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia are speaking out against the extremism of ISIS.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Prince Ikari
Nyadriel
Prince Ikari

Which is why we need to restrict travel from the West to that part of the world. Anyone who has been in that part of the world for an extended period of time should be severely vetted to ensure that they are not a national security threat before being allowed to return home. I know that is how the UK is trying to approach this situation with revoking passports at their borders. Any idiot who thinks that what is ISIS is doing is just a game is a danger to all of us. Entire groups of people are being massacred over there right now. Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia are speaking out against the extremism of ISIS.

What do you think of the British moron that killed Foley, an innocent reporter, as a means of revenge against Pres Obama specifically by name?
Cause I will tell you what I have been thinking.
"What did we ever do to the British? "

Conservative Victory

Nyadriel
Prince Ikari
Nyadriel
Prince Ikari

What do you think of the British moron that killed Foley, an innocent reporter, as a means of revenge against Pres Obama specifically by name?

Obviously the killer is a deranged extremist. If I am not mistaken he beheaded Foley in retaliation for American military actions in Iraq, as well as the fact that the United States would not pay the ransom that he and ISIS were demanding. The fact that the killer was British is irrelevant. What is relevant is that he has been radicalized and now has the blood of an innocent American reporter on his hands.

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Gloria Steinem
Holidazed
Gloria Steinem
Holidazed
Gloria Steinem

Fact.

Basing a whole group of people on Theocratic countries is a very inaccurate view of life. I am ethnically Jewish, but I am against what the small population of Orthodox Jews have in their belief system, and most Jews do not follow their religious extremism.

I am also against the attacks of the Palestinian people that the Jewish state of Israel is doing, and I am not alone amongst other Jews who feel that way.

The majority of Muslims in the world are everyday people who have homes and families, jobs, school.

Maybe you don't live in an area that includes a Muslim demographic, but I do, and there is no issue. In fact they enhance the area with fantastic restaurants and art and culture.

If you have ever been invited into a Muslim home you would know how they are wonderful hosts and they treat the guests in their homes like royalty.

Why don't you venture out and actually meet some of these people who you think you are against?

I lived in the city that has the largest single concentration of Arab Muslims in North America. One of my best friends growing up was a Lebanese Muslim, so yes i have been in Muslim homes countless times. Growing up i saw my neighbor beat up his sister for allegedly dating a white guy. I have also seen women get punched in the face outside of restaurants.
I am not not judging them on ethnicity, but instead am being aware of how the Muslim religion can and does encourage abhorrent behavior. This does not mean all Muslims are terrible people.
Maybe you should not assume so much.

Gracious Lunatic

The Muslim religion is actually one of peace. We shouldn't judge an entire people on the basis of relatively few extremists.

And I don't like Christian extremists any better than Muslim extremists.

Dedicated Reveler

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
nitznitz
The Herald of War
Bogotanian
How Muslims actually act in Europe, say with constant race riots and harassment, might have an influence of what people in general think about Muslims

I hope you're willing to take the disdain for the constant harassment of people going into abortion clinics.

What do abortion clinics have to with opinions on Islam?

His statement easily applies to Christians and the behavior of particularly repugnant Christians. If he is gonna judge or justify judging Muslims on such a flimsy basis I can point out what the same would mean for him

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Prince Ikari
Nyadriel
Prince Ikari
Nyadriel
Prince Ikari

Obviously the killer is a deranged extremist. If I am not mistaken he beheaded Foley in retaliation for American military actions in Iraq, as well as the fact that the United States would not pay the ransom that he and ISIS were demanding. The fact that the killer was British is irrelevant. What is relevant is that he has been radicalized and now has the blood of an innocent American reporter on his hands.

News update: Steven Sotloff has been beheaded by the same Brit that murdered James Foley in "retaliation of the bombings of ISIS forces". This even after his mother pleaded to spare his life. CBS reports that the 'execution' may have been done days ago. He is threatening more "executions".
Keep in mind that ISIS is threatening to wipe out whole communities that are unable to defend themselves (what is the term? ) as well as threatening American people that are there to assist the refugees.

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
The Herald of War
nitznitz
The Herald of War
Bogotanian
How Muslims actually act in Europe, say with constant race riots and harassment, might have an influence of what people in general think about Muslims

I hope you're willing to take the disdain for the constant harassment of people going into abortion clinics.

His statement easily applies to Christians and the behavior of particularly repugnant Christians. If he is gonna judge or justify judging Muslims on such a flimsy basis I can point out what the same would mean for him

I thought it was obvious. It's why everyone hates the WBC, for example.

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
ITT: everyone talks about how much they hate Sand niggers

vegaspresent's Queen

Girl-Crazy Lover

12,425 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Gender Swap 100
My reaction to this article is some thing to do with a lack of fecal matter, and Sherlock.

Dedicated Reveler

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
nitznitz
The Herald of War
nitznitz
The Herald of War
Bogotanian

I thought it was obvious. It's why everyone hates the WBC, for example.

It goes further than that. By his logic its fine if we treat him like the WBC because he's Christian. If it's cool to give all Muslims a rep based on some we can do that to Christians too and he shouldn't object

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff