Welcome to Gaia! ::

15,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Quote:
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP/NEWS CENTER) - Maine Governor Paul LePage used a sexually vulgar phrase to describe how he says a Democratic lawmaker is taking advantage of the people.

LePage made the remark about Sen. Troy Jackson to news reporters on Thursday.

He reportedly said,"Senator Jackson claims to be for the people, but he's the first one to give it to the people without providing Vaseline."

When one reporter responded that people were bound to find the remark offensive, the governor repeated a variation of it.

LePage's comments came as he intends to veto a two-year budget because it includes tax increases. Jackson had criticized the governor's announcement call for 60-day reprieve to negotiate a new budget and called a news conference for later Thursday.

LePage is known for speaking his mind. The Republican once told the NAACP to "kiss my butt."

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

he keeps digging himself into a deeper and deeper hole

Friendly Dabbler

7,175 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
He was vulgar while running for governor and he is still vulgar. I don't see why people are still surprised by his actions. I voted for his opposition so I can say I tried.

Greedy Consumer

vulgar doesn't mean, horrible at policy.

If anything this is an attack to show his weak side, if this is all they have against him he isn't doing too bad.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I've said worse.

Rainbow Nerd

12,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cart Raider 100
That guy is ridiculous. I don't understand why people in my town think of him as such a great person.

Dangerous Citizen

6,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100
oddly enough I find that comment hilarious. I've heard a lot of vulgarity so that is nothing.

You should hear the one about using a mac...

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
and the problem with him speaking like a common human being is . . . what, exactly?.

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Keltoi Samurai
and the problem with him speaking like a common human being is . . . what, exactly?.

Pretty much. I'm honestly baffled at "inappropriate," as both parties ARE screwing us without lube, and he didn't even use a swear. It's not like he called someone a "nappy-headed ho" or went on about legitimate rape.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
AloysiusWeasley
Keltoi Samurai

Pretty much. I'm honestly baffled at "inappropriate," as both parties ARE screwing us without lube, and he didn't even use a swear. It's not like he called someone a "nappy-headed ho" or went on about legitimate rape.

I think it has something to do with the fact that they are actually doing it, which is easy enough to ignore as long as nobody calls attention to it, but he's saying it, which makes it harder to ignore.

and since it's easier to shoot the messenger, so to speak, than it is to fix the issue in the message, then that's exactly what people are choosing to do.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
When someone like this actually tells it like it is, everyone gets mad. While this guy did phrase in a way that is somewhat inappropriate, it doesn't mean he's wrong.

Ferocious Browser

I actually don't find that one offensive, he isn't saying the guy should do that, is right to do that, or any encouraging variation thereof. He is saying it as something negative and I don't really care whether he is a politician or not. In fact more honesty and less fakeness should be a good thing.

Wintry Dragon

I watch Veep so I'm give some latitude towards language.

Chatty Lunatic

11,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Streaker 200
Keltoi Samurai

It's unprofessional. Typically people would rather you speak about the issues at hand rather than painful sex. It makes some folks uncomfortable.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
MemoriesOfGreen
Keltoi Samurai

It's unprofessional. Typically people would rather you speak about the issues at hand rather than painful sex. It makes some folks uncomfortable.

It's a suitable analogy, that takes the complexities of the situation and likens it to something easier to comprehend to the average moron.

So far as I can tell, the resistance to it is less "don't say that, it's gross," and more "don't say that, I'd rather just lie back and think of England than to have to come to terms with what's being done to me right at this very moment."

Chatty Lunatic

11,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Streaker 200
Keltoi Samurai
MemoriesOfGreen
Keltoi Samurai

It's a suitable analogy, that takes the complexities of the situation and likens it to something easier to comprehend to the average moron.

So far as I can tell, the resistance to it is less "don't say that, it's gross," and more "don't say that, I'd rather just lie back and think of England than to have to come to terms with what's being done to me right at this very moment."

I know I make horrible jokes around close friends who have similar humor. But I also know when to keep my speech on a professional level in certain situations.

I suppose it doesn't matter really. People get into an uproar over a lube comment whereas they welcome the president to bug the entire nation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff