Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
An Oklahoma City girl who learned only a week ago how to shoot a gun may have saved her mother’s life – and put her own molester behind bars — when she shot the woman’s ex-boyfriend in the middle of a knife attack.

According to NEWSOK.com, 11-year-old Jayda Milsap fired twice at Leo Henry as Henry attacked Milsap’s mother early Tuesday morning in her mobile home.

Both shots hit, and Henry, 25, staggered outside of the home where police arrested him. He and the girl’s mother, Brandy Moreno, were rushed to Oklahoma University Medical Center and are expected to survive, NEWSOK reported.

According to KFOR 4, Henry had lived with Moreno and her three children in the mobile home until last week, when Moreno got a protective order against him accusing him of molesting the children.

But Moreno didn’t just rely on the paperwork for protection, a neighbor said. She taught Milsap how to use a handgun too.

“(Moreno) just showed the girl how to use the gun last week so she could protect herself,” Shiree Marsee told the news station.

According to NEWSOK, Tuesday’s attack occurred about 4 a.m., when Henry shattered a sliding glass door and broke into the mobile home, attacking Moreno with a knife.

“He stabbed her in the eye, neck and the chest,” said neighbor Carolyn Marsee.

Then Milsap put an end to the attack, with two bullets and a lot of courage.

Neighbors are calling her a hero. Even the sister of the man she shot had kind words to say.

“I salute her because I’m 21-years-old and I don’t know how to use a gun,” Emma Spence told KFOR.

The girl “did the right thing, I don’t care what anybody says,” Carolyn Marsee said. “She saved her mother and her brothers and sisters.”

2 Shots
yeah she did the right thing.
sucker had it coming

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Shame she didn't shoot him in the head.

Good on her regardless.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Now this is inspirational. If anyone gets onto this girl for using a weapon without a license I'm gonna be sooo pissed. And this mom's a good teacher if she taught an 11 year old how to shoot that accurately in less than a week.
Alexander J Luthor
Now this is inspirational. If anyone gets onto this girl for using a weapon without a license I'm gonna be sooo pissed. And this mom's a good teacher if she taught an 11 year old how to shoot that accurately in less than a week.

Agreed. I'm waiting on those to come in and talk about how it's not possible to teach a child proper gun safety/usage until they are in their twenties because guns possess their souls.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Old Blue Collar Joe
Alexander J Luthor

Agreed. I'm waiting on those to come in and talk about how it's not possible to teach a child proper gun safety/usage until they are in their twenties because guns possess their souls.

I'm waiting for anyone dumb enough to bring up the girl who was CLEARLY given a high power rifle too early and shot her instructor. This mom taught her kids to handle a small caliber hand gun.
Alexander J Luthor
Old Blue Collar Joe
Alexander J Luthor

I'm waiting for anyone dumb enough to bring up the girl who was CLEARLY given a high power rifle too early and shot her instructor. This mom taught her kids to handle a small caliber hand gun.

It wasn't high power, it was automatic, and I wouldn't give an adult an automatic weapon without a s**t load of briefing and staggered loads to make sure they could handle it.
Start with one round, then two, then three, on up, to make certain that they couldn't do what happened in that case.

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
Good going mom! There have been quite a few cases that protection orders are only as good as the sheet of paper they are written on. Sure, some people follow the rules and don't bug the person who files them anymore. They mean squat to those who are mentally deranged though and a lot can happen in the time it takes cops to arrive (even in only 5min).

Dangerous Prophet

PantheaMarlon
An Oklahoma City girl who learned only a week ago how to shoot a gun may have saved her mother’s life – and put her own molester behind bars — when she shot the woman’s ex-boyfriend in the middle of a knife attack.

According to NEWSOK.com, 11-year-old Jayda Milsap fired twice at Leo Henry as Henry attacked Milsap’s mother early Tuesday morning in her mobile home.

Both shots hit, and Henry, 25, staggered outside of the home where police arrested him. He and the girl’s mother, Brandy Moreno, were rushed to Oklahoma University Medical Center and are expected to survive, NEWSOK reported.

According to KFOR 4, Henry had lived with Moreno and her three children in the mobile home until last week, when Moreno got a protective order against him accusing him of molesting the children.

But Moreno didn’t just rely on the paperwork for protection, a neighbor said. She taught Milsap how to use a handgun too.

“(Moreno) just showed the girl how to use the gun last week so she could protect herself,” Shiree Marsee told the news station.

According to NEWSOK, Tuesday’s attack occurred about 4 a.m., when Henry shattered a sliding glass door and broke into the mobile home, attacking Moreno with a knife.

“He stabbed her in the eye, neck and the chest,” said neighbor Carolyn Marsee.

Then Milsap put an end to the attack, with two bullets and a lot of courage.

Neighbors are calling her a hero. Even the sister of the man she shot had kind words to say.

“I salute her because I’m 21-years-old and I don’t know how to use a gun,” Emma Spence told KFOR.

The girl “did the right thing, I don’t care what anybody says,” Carolyn Marsee said. “She saved her mother and her brothers and sisters.”

2 Shots

Hold on, this inexperienced 11-year-old just entered a high-stress, violent situation and double-tapped a guy, and both shots hit?

I don't care how close she was, mad respect. This is the sort of thing that shows how responsible gun ownership and training is beneficial, and puts a finger to the lips of the rabid liberals spitting vitriol over children handling firearms. This girl saved her mother's life and likely her own, and deserves to know that she is an utter boss. I hope she gets plenty of support from her community, and any counseling she may require, as shooting someone can be enormously stressful.

Dangerous Prophet

Alexander J Luthor

In this situation, there's no way the girl could be faulted, legally. She stopped a violent crime; the only legal ramifications that could be held against the victims in this case would be if the gun wasn't properly registered, in which case charges could be pressed against the mother. As long as it was legally owned by the mother, and the rounds were legal, a license isn't even required to keep the gun in the home, let alone to use it in self-defense. Licenses are only required to carry firearms concealed, or to carry in public in some states.
So, anyone from the anti-gun lobby care to blast this girl for using a firearm when all the attacker had was a knife?

Anyone?

Todomatsu's Bae

Super Rare

12,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
GSK Lives
So, anyone from the anti-gun lobby care to blast this girl for using a firearm when all the attacker had was a knife?

Anyone?

We just need to serve proper firearms to the right people, not sub-machine guns meant for overkill.

There's a difference between self defense and what happened at Sandy Hooks (God rest their souls...) Why the hell would you have 20 different guns in the first place when a handgun protects you from the majority?

AK-47s and machine guns (any kind) are military use only, not for the pawn shops to sell to people who INTEND to use them to kill (overkill.)
Wow that's heroic. But the mum shouldn't have let such a man come into her life.
Im interested in seeing how peoplenwould react if the child molestor was a woman.

Dangerous Lunatic

12,650 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Valiant Corvus
Shame she didn't shoot him in the head.

Good on her regardless.

depends upon which head your referring to, the one on top of his neck would be too lenient.
the one below would be befitting

Lady Kariel
Wow that's heroic. But the mum shouldn't have let such a man come into her life.

no one can control who comes into their life, only how they handle and possibly get rid of em.

....holy hell, i sound like a fortune cookie

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces