Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quote:
Israel and Hamas have said they have accepted a 12-hour humanitarian window in Gaza.

The truce is due to begin at 0800 local time (0500 GMT). Efforts to negotiate a seven-day ceasefire are still ongoing.

Earlier US Secretary of State John Kerry said he was still confident of a longer ceasefire, despite media reports that Israel had rejected one proposal.

More than 800 Palestinians, mostly civilians, and 36 Israelis have died since the conflict started on 8 July.

A spokesman for Hamas, the Islamist group that controls Gaza, Sami Abu Zuhri said there was "national consensus on a humanitarian truce... for 12 hours on Saturday".

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) later confirmed the truce on Twitter, but said it would "continue to locate and neutralise terror tunnels".

"We will respond if terrorists choose to exploit this time to attack IDF personnel or fire at Israeli civilians," it said in a statement.

Article

Profitable Entrepreneur

6,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Ah, so Hamas has run out of rockets to fire at Israeli non-military installations. They need some breathing room to import more rockets, insteaof more frivolities...like food.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
And this cease-fire will continue until Israel breaks it by responding to continued Hamas missile strikes by firing back at them.

Remember, children: the cease-fire only applies to Israel, so Hamas cannot break it by continuing to fire.Only Israel can, if they return fire.

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
No offence guys, but those comment are kind of uncalled for. Unless...Kiin or Omnieach said something that I can't see.

Dangerous Prophet

KimberlyAriel07
Quote:
Israel and Hamas have said they have accepted a 12-hour humanitarian window in Gaza.

The truce is due to begin at 0800 local time (0500 GMT). Efforts to negotiate a seven-day ceasefire are still ongoing.

Earlier US Secretary of State John Kerry said he was still confident of a longer ceasefire, despite media reports that Israel had rejected one proposal.

More than 800 Palestinians, mostly civilians, and 36 Israelis have died since the conflict started on 8 July.

A spokesman for Hamas, the Islamist group that controls Gaza, Sami Abu Zuhri said there was "national consensus on a humanitarian truce... for 12 hours on Saturday".

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) later confirmed the truce on Twitter, but said it would "continue to locate and neutralise terror tunnels".

"We will respond if terrorists choose to exploit this time to attack IDF personnel or fire at Israeli civilians," it said in a statement.

Article

Good. I'm not overly optimistic in the long run, but at least this will give some peace to the citizens on both sides for awhile. Also, LOL @ Patton.
Keltoi Samurai
And this cease-fire will continue until Israel breaks it by responding to continued Hamas missile strikes by firing back at them.

Remember, children: the cease-fire only applies to Israel, so Hamas cannot break it by continuing to fire.Only Israel can, if they return fire.

Source for Hamas being the ones to always break the ceasefires please.

eli707's Wife

Its 10 and gaza already started to shot neutral neutral

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Mei tsuki7
Keltoi Samurai

For you? No. Y'see, you only ever want sources for anti-Palestinian or pro-Israeli arguments, never for pro-Palestinian or anti-Israeli ones, so I'm under the impression that you need to source your arguments before I can be expected to source mine.

So, you first.

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
Keltoi Samurai
Mei tsuki7
Keltoi Samurai

For you? No. Y'see, you only ever want sources for anti-Palestinian or pro-Israeli arguments, never for pro-Palestinian or anti-Israeli ones, so I'm under the impression that you need to source your arguments before I can be expected to source mine.

So, you first.

I second his comment but my local Radio station has already said they fired already today and Israel hasn't yet.

Heroic Spirit

7,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Citizen 200
Yaelitsme
Its 10 and gaza already started to shot neutral neutral

that is most unfortunate...
Please stay safe emotion_hug ...

Heroic Spirit

7,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Citizen 200
Recca Hino
Keltoi Samurai
Mei tsuki7
Keltoi Samurai

So, you first.

I second his comment but my local Radio station has already said they fired already today and Israel hasn't yet.

I third...

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
Tasala
I third...

What I find amusing is she's said that we can look up her stuff on our own, but she won't look up our stuff. It's the main reason why I just stopped posting and reading the the deadliest day topic. That and she didn't know why I brought up Jerusalem when she brought up illegal settlements.

Heroic Spirit

7,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Citizen 200
Recca Hino
Tasala
I third...

What I find amusing is she's said that we can look up her stuff on our own, but she won't look up our stuff. It's the main reason why I just stopped posting and reading the the deadliest day topic. That and she didn't know why I brought up Jerusalem when she brought up illegal settlements.

I stopped as well.. pretty amazing how that works
Keltoi Samurai
Mei tsuki7
Keltoi Samurai

So, you first.

Except that you still haven't given ANY sources even when you said you would in that other thread. My points on sources for stuff like this from the other thread still stand.
Recca Hino
Tasala
I third...

You seem to miss the point that the reason I ask for sources is because everything I have read says differently than what the person posted. It is completely in line with the fact that I said if you all actually did your own research you'd see that you're wrong on many things.

And yes, I have no idea why you'd would ever talk about Jerusalem seeing as it has nothing to do with illegal settlements. If you think it does feel free to explain.

PS. I actually do have sources for the things I say but I have no will to post them if you, or others, won't do me the same courtesy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff