Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Noob

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
All I've got to say is punish them to the fullest extent of the law and let them 'cry over spilled milk' because they were 'milking' the situation for all it was worth.They'll have a 'cow' over it.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Nyadriel
David2074
Gold n Oranges
Simply because someone has to clean it up I don't think it's against the law. If the store wants to go after these boys their best bet would probably be something like disorderly conduct or public disturbance at best the kids would probably get fines and exclusions from the store. I doubt there is anything truly criminal in this.

It's vandalism.
And I'm guessing from your comment you have never had to clean up gallons of milk and have no clue how much work it can be. You mop and you mop and you mop. Then you change your mop water for fresh water and you mop some more. And if you don't get 110% of it then you have a dull film and after a couple of days you have an annoying sour smell that is hard to get rid of. It's a royal pain in the a**. All of that is hugely compounded if it was able to go under shelves and racks and things so you can't get to all of it. Spilling gallons on purpose is extremely asinine.

I've had a couple of experiences along those lines. In boot camp the week I was working in the galley some guy dropped one of those bags of milk that goes in the milk dispensers. It's a 4 or 5 gallon bag in a sort of plastic cage style crate. The bag broke and I watched a miniature tidal wave of milk speed across the dining room floor. It took a dozen guys about an hour to clean it up thoroughly and we were working hard because it happened shortly before we were supposed to get off shift and we were tired and wanted to go.

Another time one gallon spilled in the back of my van. I had to pull out the carpeting and under pad and scrub and scrub and still had a faint sour odor. I ended up dumping lots of baking soda around the back and tolerating it for a month or two.

This is a good example of why I hate pranks. They almost always involve one or more assholes doing something dickish to someone that didn't do anything to them and then claiming no responsibility because 'hey, it was just a joke'. ******** them. If they want to dump milk they can do that s**t in their own house and see if their parents think there was 'no harm done'.

@ emboldened:
In... total.. agreement here

They should spend a lot of time doing the cleaning, doing many hours community service and pay a hefty fine. jail time is just a waste of space here as well as waste of money housing these __.

I was a victim of a prank years ago when I was working at McD's. It was late at night at closing time and I was tired and wanted to go home. I spent a lot of time mopping the floors. While I was in front in the customer area, four people (one of them the night manager) took a lot of ketchup packets and stomped on them all over the floor I had just mopped. You cannot imagine the worthlessness I felt after my efforts were all for pretty much nothing.

If my manager had done that to me I would have handed him the mop.
And if I had been fired or something I would have formally reported it.

I've only ever stepped on a ketchup packet once.
Years ago my brother and I were walking across a parking lot and I came across a ketchup packet. My brother was a short ways ahead of me. I said, "Hey, watch this" and he turned around as I stepped on it. My intent was just to make it squirt out. Instead it somehow squirted all over him like I was aiming for him. I stood there sounding kind of dumb as I was saying it was an accident after he just watched me stomp on it on purpose. I felt kind of bad but he did understand I wasn't trying to hit him. I did end up feeling rather sheepish about using poor judgement though.

Personally I can't imagine doing that crap inside a store to a coworker - especially if I was the manager. Unless he said, "Just kidding, I'll clean it up" (and did so) then that sort of crap is just another form of bullying.

Sparkling Treasure

12,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
This actually happened in my WalMart the other day. The guy who threw the gallons on the floor pretended to slip and fall in it, causing quite a ruckus. Thankfully no one was really hurt. The four people involved in the prank got arrested and because WalMart is WalMart, they are going to push for the maximum punishment.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Amathala
This actually happened in my WalMart the other day. The guy who threw the gallons on the floor pretended to slip and fall in it, causing quite a ruckus. Thankfully no one was really hurt. The four people involved in the prank got arrested and because WalMart is WalMart, they are going to push for the maximum punishment.

Wal Mart or not, I'd probably do the same.

Sparkling Treasure

12,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Super Fightin Prototype
Amathala

Wal Mart or not, I'd probably do the same.

I agreed. What is really sad is that the internet is making these morons famous. C'mon society, this s**t isn't funny, it's wasteful and dangerous. Every time this kind of s**t happens, my faith in humanity dies a little.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Brilwen
Eternal Marionetta
Waste of good milk. = - =

Yeah really, they could have drank it instead of being assholes about it.

They can drink it off of the floor as punishment. twisted

Shameless Nerd

27,375 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Okay, come on a stupid prank is not a crime, these boys had no intention of causing harm to anyone, and in fact had every intention of keeping this a safe and fun as possible. As far as I can tell, no one was actually hurt so we shouldn't waste time worrying about it.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

She-who-loves-hyphens
Okay, come on a stupid prank is not a crime, these boys had no intention of causing harm to anyone, and in fact had every intention of keeping this a safe and fun as possible. As far as I can tell, no one was actually hurt so we shouldn't waste time worrying about it.

The prank wouldn't be so bad if they weren't damaging property. If I were in charge of the store, I would make them clean it up so I don't have to pay workers to fix the damage of clueless dingbats like those folk.

Also if anyone is stupid enough to do this with glass, then yes, someone WILL get hurt. Never mess with broken glass.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
David2074
Nyadriel
David2074
Gold n Oranges
Simply because someone has to clean it up I don't think it's against the law. If the store wants to go after these boys their best bet would probably be something like disorderly conduct or public disturbance at best the kids would probably get fines and exclusions from the store. I doubt there is anything truly criminal in this.

It's vandalism.
And I'm guessing from your comment you have never had to clean up gallons of milk and have no clue how much work it can be. You mop and you mop and you mop. Then you change your mop water for fresh water and you mop some more. And if you don't get 110% of it then you have a dull film and after a couple of days you have an annoying sour smell that is hard to get rid of. It's a royal pain in the a**. All of that is hugely compounded if it was able to go under shelves and racks and things so you can't get to all of it. Spilling gallons on purpose is extremely asinine.

I've had a couple of experiences along those lines. In boot camp the week I was working in the galley some guy dropped one of those bags of milk that goes in the milk dispensers. It's a 4 or 5 gallon bag in a sort of plastic cage style crate. The bag broke and I watched a miniature tidal wave of milk speed across the dining room floor. It took a dozen guys about an hour to clean it up thoroughly and we were working hard because it happened shortly before we were supposed to get off shift and we were tired and wanted to go.

Another time one gallon spilled in the back of my van. I had to pull out the carpeting and under pad and scrub and scrub and still had a faint sour odor. I ended up dumping lots of baking soda around the back and tolerating it for a month or two.

This is a good example of why I hate pranks. They almost always involve one or more assholes doing something dickish to someone that didn't do anything to them and then claiming no responsibility because 'hey, it was just a joke'. ******** them. If they want to dump milk they can do that s**t in their own house and see if their parents think there was 'no harm done'.

@ emboldened:
In... total.. agreement here

They should spend a lot of time doing the cleaning, doing many hours community service and pay a hefty fine. jail time is just a waste of space here as well as waste of money housing these __.

I was a victim of a prank years ago when I was working at McD's. It was late at night at closing time and I was tired and wanted to go home. I spent a lot of time mopping the floors. While I was in front in the customer area, four people (one of them the night manager) took a lot of ketchup packets and stomped on them all over the floor I had just mopped. You cannot imagine the worthlessness I felt after my efforts were all for pretty much nothing.

If my manager had done that to me I would have handed him the mop.
And if I had been fired or something I would have formally reported it.

I've only ever stepped on a ketchup packet once.
Years ago my brother and I were walking across a parking lot and I came across a ketchup packet. My brother was a short ways ahead of me. I said, "Hey, watch this" and he turned around as I stepped on it. My intent was just to make it squirt out. Instead it somehow squirted all over him like I was aiming for him. I stood there sounding kind of dumb as I was saying it was an accident after he just watched me stomp on it on purpose. I felt kind of bad but he did understand I wasn't trying to hit him. I did end up feeling rather sheepish about using poor judgement though.

Personally I can't imagine doing that crap inside a store to a coworker - especially if I was the manager. Unless he said, "Just kidding, I'll clean it up" (and did so) then that sort of crap is just another form of bullying.

Oh they did clean it up. Especially when they saw how upset I was.
(for some reason, I scare people even if I am not ranting and raving)

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
She-who-loves-hyphens

Somebody already mentioned this, but if a person were to go and help and they slipped and fell... and got seriously injured as a result...

Plus, I do hope you remember what you said when you start to think on this
The cost of the losses of the item and the insurance costs rising as a result of this and the manpower involved in cleaning it up
is passed on to you and me and every other consumer
In other words, we are paying money out of our pockets for !!! like these to play their stupid and dangerous (intentional or not) pranks.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Nyadriel
Oh they did clean it up. Especially when they saw how upset I was.
(for some reason, I scare people even if I am not ranting and raving)

Glad to hear that at least.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
She-who-loves-hyphens

IF they really cared, they would have done this in their own damn house instead of leaving this for someone else to clean up. Letting people get away with this (much less making it viral like the viewers do) is just rewarding bad behaviour that should be nipped in the butt before someone DOES get hurt by their calous behaviour.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Amathala
wow your walmart press charges. Ours is doing good just to do just that on half of our issues.

Dapper Genius

4,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Imagine accidentally falling down with a gallon of milk and you catch charges for it, but it really wasn't on purpose, lol. Judicial system is so flawed.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
abysmalhorizon
Imagine accidentally falling down with a gallon of milk and you catch charges for it, but it really wasn't on purpose, lol. Judicial system is so flawed.

Even moreso when you have insurance scammers out there (this might actually be where these idiots got this idea from). Is where somebody will deliberately spill something or drop a jar of pasta sauce, then go back a few minutes later and "slips" on it and "falls and injure themselves" in order to attempt to bilk the grocers and the insurance company. These days they fail because... "big brother is watching". In other words, security cameras. They catch you on tape.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff