Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quote:
A dozen US cities have seen new protests over the decision not to charge a white policeman who killed a black teenager in Ferguson, Missouri.

Demonstrations from New York to Seattle were largely peaceful but rioting broke out in Oakland, California.

There was some unrest in Ferguson itself, with police making 44 arrests, but the town did not see destruction on the scale of Monday night.

The officer who killed Michael Brown there says he has a "clean conscience".

Darren Wilson, who shot the 18-year-old on 9 August, told ABC News that in the struggle which preceded the shooting, he had felt "like a five-year-old holding on to [US wrestler] Hulk Hogan".

Many in Ferguson's predominantly African-American community had called for the officer to be charged with murder, but the grand jury's decision means the police officer will not face state criminal charges over the shooting.

Lawyers for Mr Brown's family denounced the grand jury's decision, saying they "strongly objected" to the way prosecutor Bob McCullough laid out the case, while condemning the violence that followed.

Article

Hygienic Humorist

I'm hoping to participate in some of the protests around the Los Angeles area this week. I want to be part of this movement.

Sirrus_Myst's Widow

Liberal Goat

45,150 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Clambake 200
At leas people in the rest of the country knows what peaceful means. I'm saddened to be a St. Louisan right now. sad

Blessed Prophet

Not saying that the kid deserved to get shot, but really? He was robbing a ******** store.

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
As long as they don't block the streets with a sit in or kill anyone, then go for it. Personally there are better things that they could do like help out at homeless shelters or women's shelters but that's just me.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Notorious Sailor Uranus
As long as they don't block the streets with a sit in or kill anyone.
They've done both.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Dirk Stridingale
I'm hoping to participate in some of the protests around the Los Angeles area this week. I want to be part of this movement.

Dont do anything stupid or breaking the Law. otherwise your end of the argument will become null and void. And why are you even defending a criminal?
Athena_flora
Not saying that the kid deserved to get shot, but really? He was robbing a ******** store.

No he ******** wasn't. Stop being ignorant and racist. And YES automatically believing that he was robbing a store when there is oodles of evidence that says he never robbed anything, plus he was walking down the street when Wilson pulled over, makes you racist.
Nyadriel
Dirk Stridingale

Dont do anything stupid or breaking the Law. otherwise your end of the argument will become null and void. And why are you even defending a criminal?

That's BULLSHIT. You're saying that sit-ins in the 60s made MLK and other Freedom Fighters arguments null and void since they violated the law. MLK himself said that it is our DUTY to disobey unjust laws. Breaking the law does NOT void an argument.

And Micheal Brown was not a criminal. Believing as such just shows your racism.
Notorious Sailor Uranus
As long as they don't block the streets with a sit in or kill anyone, then go for it. Personally there are better things that they could do like help out at homeless shelters or women's shelters but that's just me.

******** NO. When you're fighting against such severe oppression that people don't care or see anything wrong with people being SHOT and KILLED blocking or not blocking streets is not important in the slightest.

Killing is different though. No one should kill anyone else but no protester has killed anyone.

So fighting against oppression where people are being killed isn't important and there are better things to do? So you don't care about black lives at all? You do realize how racist that is right?
Teagen Sirrus
At leas people in the rest of the country knows what peaceful means. I'm saddened to be a St. Louisan right now. sad

You do realize this makes it sound like you're more sad about the looting and arson then the death of Micheal Brown right?

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Mei tsuki7
Athena_flora

No he ******** wasn't. Stop being ignorant and racist. And YES automatically believing that he was robbing a store when there is oodles of evidence that says he never robbed anything, plus he was walking down the street when Wilson pulled over, makes you racist.

Please don't tell me you're in the "He had his hands up with his back turned and was surrendering" crowd... emotion_facepalm

Kawaii Slayer

19,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Magical Girl 50
if i could go, i would. i want to be there.

Tipsy Smoker

Notorious Sailor Uranus
What the ******** does volunteering have to do with the movement?

Quotable Prophet

Mei tsuki7
Teagen Sirrus

You do realize this makes it sound like you're more sad about the looting and arson then the death of Micheal Brown right?

Because the death of one guy who may or may not have been responsible for his own demise months ago is SO MUCH WORSE than the deaths, injuries, and overall completely needless destruction that is still going on as we speak. rolleyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff