Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
The association, Lantbrukarnas riksförbund (LRF), plans to set up camp outside a school in Nyköoping, central Sweden, and hand out the free burgers to anyone fancying a bit of meat.

"We think the municipality is doing this for the wrong reason," LRF Nyköping chairwoman Karin Andersson told regional newspaper Södermanlands Nyheter.

The Meatfree Monday (Köttfri Måndag) movement has gained a certain degree of momentum in Sweden, with health and environmental advantages often used to market the concept.

"It sends out the wrong signals," Andersson said about her local school district banning meat on Wednesdays. "That it's not good to eat meat and we feel accused."

The free hamburger handout was an idea meant to stir debate about the Swedish meat industry and the jobs it offers on the Swedish labour market, Andersson explained.

WHY THOUGH!?

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Wait, they're doing meat-free Mondays on Wednesdays? WTF?

Dedicated Bibliophile

10,000 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Bookworm 100
Ratttking

rofl I missed that on the first pass. Thanks for that.

Big Member

10,675 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Brandisher 100
Why would anyone complain about free burgers? ********, I'd celebrate.

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ratttking

By the sounds of it every school day... The school is competently vegan.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
washu_2004
Ratttking

Poor kids.

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ratttking
washu_2004
Ratttking

Poor kids.

open a cafe next to the school and sell pies and sausage rolls . you will make a fortune.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
washu_2004
Ratttking
washu_2004
Ratttking

Poor kids.

open a cafe next to the school and sell pies and sausage rolls . you will make a fortune.
Maybe, if they are allowed to leave school for lunch. My school made us stay on campus the entire time and suspended anyone who left.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Ratttking
washu_2004
Ratttking
washu_2004
Ratttking

Poor kids.

Maybe, if they are allowed to leave school for lunch. My school made us stay on campus the entire time and suspended anyone who left.
Our Schools food looked worse than prison food. Hot meal were cold or way to soggy and the greens were brown and smelled bad. Sorry Pizza should not be so greasy a whole roll of bounty wouldn't absorb it all.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
xdivision_whitey
Ratttking
washu_2004
Ratttking
washu_2004
Ratttking

Poor kids.

Our Schools food looked worse than prison food. Hot meal were cold or way to soggy and the greens were brown and smelled bad. Sorry Pizza should not be so greasy a whole roll of bounty wouldn't absorb it all.
Ugh, sorry to hear that. My elementary school's food wasn't too bad - except for the fish sticks - but in junior high I only ate the hot turkey sandwiches with gravy, for which they sent monitors around with butter knives to cut them into bite-sized pieces. Can't have kids threatening each other with something duller than the drafting compasses we were all required to have for math! razz The rest of the time I ate a Carnation Breakfast Bar in the library, and did the same in HS. Well, sometimes I got chocolate milk and then went to the library.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Ratttking
xdivision_whitey
Ratttking
washu_2004
Ratttking
Poor kids.

Ugh, sorry to hear that. My elementary school's food wasn't too bad - except for the fish sticks - but in junior high I only ate the hot turkey sandwiches with gravy, for which they sent monitors around with butter knives to cut them into bite-sized pieces. Can't have kids threatening each other with something duller than the drafting compasses we were all required to have for math! razz The rest of the time I ate a Carnation Breakfast Bar in the library, and did the same in HS. Well, sometimes I got chocolate milk and then went to the library.
That was high school two different one's though one wasn't as bad. Jr. High the food was okay. The Elementary schools I did attend the food varied. The private school I went to there food was good but man the made sure you ate everything even if you didn't want it in the first place. *shudders at the memory of eating plan Lima beans*

Heroic Fairy

xdivision_whitey

And that is why I either bring my own lunch, or I sneak off campus to the closest convenience store.
I love going to a school that is surrounded by a small forest, and surprisingly no fence or gate. cat_xd

User Image

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Rune Skarsgard
xdivision_whitey

And that is why I either bring my own lunch, or I sneak off campus to the closest convenience store.
I love going to a school that is surrounded by a small forest, and surprisingly no fence or gate. cat_xd

User Image
Corn field for us. The other one at least we were allow off campus to eat.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
xdivision_whitey
Ratttking
xdivision_whitey
Ratttking
washu_2004
Ratttking
Poor kids.

That was high school two different one's though one wasn't as bad. Jr. High the food was okay. The Elementary schools I did attend the food varied. The private school I went to there food was good but man the made sure you ate everything even if you didn't want it in the first place. *shudders at the memory of eating plan Lima beans*
How many schools did you go to?

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Just hamburgers? What about other kinds of meat dishes?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff