• Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
CosmicJazzKitten
Keltoi Samurai
CosmicJazzKitten
Old Blue Collar Joe
CosmicJazzKitten
While I disagree with this... I do understand why they did it. I mean, this is simply one factor of life that Whites don't have to think about often. neutral

Then please explain this victim mentality this dumb c**t is showing? Explain how in the ******** she still has a job after such a stupid comment, because, while you can fix ignorance, you can't fix what she's got.
Had this been a white professor, they'd have already been fired for that comment.
She's a racist c**t who isn't fit to teach pigs how to slop.

You're right. You can't fix what she's got because it's directly related to you. What she has is a reaction to your inaction of the way unspoken things are in this country. You have to figure it out and fix it on your own. neutral

You forgot to criticize him for asking that question of you, and thus using his white privilege to make demands of your time, rather than dedicating his life to learning about it on his own with no help from anyone.

Well if I did that, it would only do two things--(1) go WAY over his head and (2) play into the expectations of people who take the misfortunes or striving of marginalized groups as playthings for the "lulz". Collar falls under #1 and you fall under #2 thank you very much. neutral

I do? I was unaware that I was using the suffering of others for my own amusement.

Pretty stupid of me, considering I'm not amused by it. I learn something new every day.

If it's not too much trouble, could you tell me more things about myself that I am currently unaware of?

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
Keltoi Samurai
CosmicJazzKitten
Keltoi Samurai
CosmicJazzKitten
Old Blue Collar Joe
CosmicJazzKitten
While I disagree with this... I do understand why they did it. I mean, this is simply one factor of life that Whites don't have to think about often. neutral

Then please explain this victim mentality this dumb c**t is showing? Explain how in the ******** she still has a job after such a stupid comment, because, while you can fix ignorance, you can't fix what she's got.
Had this been a white professor, they'd have already been fired for that comment.

You're right. You can't fix what she's got because it's directly related to you. What she has is a reaction to your inaction of the way unspoken things are in this country. You have to figure it out and fix it on your own. neutral

You forgot to criticize him for asking that question of you, and thus using his white privilege to make demands of your time, rather than dedicating his life to learning about it on his own with no help from anyone.

Well if I did that, it would only do two things--(1) go WAY over his head and (2) play into the expectations of people who take the misfortunes or striving of marginalized groups as playthings for the "lulz". Collar falls under #1 and you fall under #2 thank you very much. neutral

I do? I was unaware that I was using the suffering of others for my own amusement.

Pretty stupid of me, considering I'm not amused by it. I learn something new every day.

If it's not too much trouble, could you tell me more things about myself that I am currently unaware of?

Oh Keltoi...

I may not stalk people (I would get very bored very quickly with that), but I do--against my conscious self--store information about people. How they act, what they believe in, the kinds of things they say, their forum mannerisms, etc.

It's annoying really. Think about it... instead of collecting data about people, I could really use the space to download more music into my brain instead.

Simply put, you sound like... a Tumblr blog, only in a mocking and condescending manner. That's all. That's why I filed you under #2. neutral

Sweet Humorist

15,425 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Informer 100
peach tea latte
Shaman Slate
When she meant people of color did that just exclude whites or just invited dark skinned employees? What about the hispanics and Asians? Technically they don't fit in the white category but can be mistaken as such.

Hispanics and Asians are considered to be PoC, too. And I'm not sure what you mean by they can be mistaken for white? I'm Asian (Viet) myself and my skin is far from looking "white." In fact, there's sort of a yellowish undertone to it. Besides, it's very easy to tell the difference between someone who's white and someone who's Asian.

I like details and there are some people that fit the in between. But it's all just labels we put on ourselves.

Personally I'm Cuban with a half black background on my mothers side. I still ended up with REALLY light skin and most other hispanics mistake me to be a white caucasian person because probably cause my English is more overused than my Spanish. Where I'm from over here in Hialeah there is more Spanish than English. I've had plenty of coworkers say to me "you're Cuban ? I thought you were white!"
Then there was once this redneck customer that I had, I kid you not had a American flag bandana over his bald head. Heard me talk Spanish to a next door table and when I went to him even I spoke English to him he said he wanted someone who spoke good English. I still had to serve him cause I was the only candidate cause the other girls spoke broken English one being from Colombia and the other one from the Philippines. neutral

Magical Lover

11,575 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Mitsuki Horenake
At the rate that we're going, I'm seriously expecting the day where we're surpressing the White people when those of color take over the continent stare

You know. I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happened. Like they say...History repeats itself. This time, History has a twist.
Giovanna_Deiderich
Mitsuki Horenake
At the rate that we're going, I'm seriously expecting the day where we're surpressing the White people when those of color take over the continent stare

You know. I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happened. Like they say...History repeats itself. This time, History has a twist.
A twist? Did you forget history? Africans have enslaved whites before. You know, the Moors.

Magical Lover

11,575 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
YahuShalum
Giovanna_Deiderich
Mitsuki Horenake

A twist? Did you forget history? Africans have enslaved whites before. You know, the Moors.

Actually to be honest with you. That was never taught, surprisingly. I can't forget something that I never knew from the start.

Shameless Gekko

9,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
valaminet
Turn the situation around and the same people would be rioting. Dear lord, some people, just because you are of color does not mean you are not racist towards white people.

Can't we all just hate each other equally? Come on people
Giovanna_Deiderich
YahuShalum
Giovanna_Deiderich
Mitsuki Horenake

Actually to be honest with you. That was never taught, surprisingly. I can't forget something that I never knew from the start.
I guess they like to leave that history out of the text books...

Magical Lover

11,575 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
YahuShalum
Giovanna_Deiderich
YahuShalum
Giovanna_Deiderich
Mitsuki Horenake

I never understood why school systems would do that. Certain things would be taught, but other things like showing how Africans enslaved whites would be left out. I mean seriously, they could've slipped that into the lesson plan without a problem. If they're going to try and educate us on slavery, they might as well cover all grounds. We did have a girl ask if whites were enslaved and the teacher just maneuvered around that question as if it wasn't important.
Giovanna_Deiderich
YahuShalum
Giovanna_Deiderich
YahuShalum
Giovanna_Deiderich
Mitsuki Horenake

I never understood why school systems would do that. Certain things would be taught, but other things like showing how Africans enslaved whites would be left out. I mean seriously, they could've slipped that into the lesson plan without a problem. If they're going to try and educate us on slavery, they might as well cover all grounds. We did have a girl ask if whites were enslaved and the teacher just maneuvered around that question as if it wasn't important.
Well a truthful answer would go against the leftist status quo of making whites look like the only oppressors. The Romans also enslaved whites even in England.

Magical Lover

11,575 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
YahuShalum
Giovanna_Deiderich
YahuShalum
Giovanna_Deiderich
YahuShalum

Well a truthful answer would go against the leftist status quo of making whites look like the only oppressors. The Romans also enslaved whites even in England.

Hmmmm. I knew about the romans. . .

Well now I know about the africans enslaving whites. It feels good to learn something new. :3 I just wished that schools didn't skimp out on information. Regardless of what the reasons for it are.
you can't be racist towards white people because white people hold systematic power over people of color. a bunch of y'all don't understand anything on how institutionalized oppression works which makes me wonder how white and privileged most of you are who are against this kind of action. everything always has to be about people being nice to white people or else you guys throw temper tantrums and claim racism when you guys know NOTHING about what racism actually looks and feels like. good job being ignorant of the powers and privileges you hold.
CosmicJazzKitten
Old Blue Collar Joe
CosmicJazzKitten

Yep. There ya go, making excuses for racist ******** if it's a minority that is racist, they get a pass.

Kawaii Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Quote:
It could have been worded differently, but she maintains the staff members of color would have a more honest discussion about race without white employees.

It's kinda hard to talk about race if you're excluding one, don't you think?

Luckily, it got cancelled.
Whoever sent the e-mail should seriously rethink what the term 'discrimination' means before acting.

Kawaii Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Sullen Galda
you can't be racist towards white people because white people hold systematic power over people of color. a bunch of y'all don't understand anything on how institutionalized oppression works which makes me wonder how white and privileged most of you are who are against this kind of action. everything always has to be about people being nice to white people or else you guys throw temper tantrums and claim racism when you guys know NOTHING about what racism actually looks and feels like. good job being ignorant of the powers and privileges you hold.

emotion_facepalm
You can't be serious.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas