Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Millionaire

12,525 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
You are now free to move about the country, but only if you delete that nasty Tweet.

A Twin Cities man is hopping mad at Southwest Airlines after he and his two children were temporarily removed from a flight on Sunday after he criticized the airline's customer service on Twitter – although Southwest says there's more to the story.

As an "A list" passenger on Southwest, Duff Watson is entitled to priority boarding. But after being told that his 9-year-old and 6-year-old wouldn't be able to board with him, he vented his frustrations on Twitter.

He wrote "something to the effect of, 'Wow, rudest agent in Denver. Kimberly S, gate C39, not happy @SWA,' " Watson tells WCCO in Minneapolis.

Soon after the family of three boarded, they were asked to leave the plane. The Southwest employee said "her safety feels threatened at this point because of what I Tweeted," Watson said.

The family was eventually allowed to reboard and fly from Denver to Minneapolis, but only after Watson deleted the Tweet. "I was left, you know, very upset, very embarrassed, very humiliated," Watson says.

Southwest, however, says it wasn't just about the Tweet. The airline says the argument between Watson and the employee escalated aboard the aircraft, and that the airline removed Watson to resolve the dispute away from the other passengers.

Dad's Tweet Gets Family Kicked Off Southwest Airlines Flight

Wintry Dragon

What ever happened to "May I speak to your manager(or superior), please?" I think the knee-jerk ranting/venting on social media can get really damaging.

Sparkly Fairy

10,650 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
While the airline does have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, their handling of this seems like overreacting.

Chatty Lunatic

11,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Streaker 200
Bunni Ravvit
While the airline does have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, their handling of this seems like overreacting.

Not really. If he was becoming argumentative and causing a disturbance that upset other passengers, I can understand them removing him from the flight. I can also understand why the Southwest employee felt afraid for her safety. He gave out specific information about where the employee was located and what her name was. You just don't do that these days.
Well he didn't need to put the whole name of the lady and her gate. But I think Southwest could have acted differently. It's just a Tweet. People complain on Twitter all the time about companies and employees.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Pretty sure Weird-Al Yankovic just wrote a song about this.

Sparkly Fairy

10,650 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
MemoriesOfGreen
Bunni Ravvit

Not really. If he was becoming argumentative and causing a disturbance that upset other passengers, I can understand them removing him from the flight. I can also understand why the Southwest employee felt afraid for her safety. He gave out specific information about where the employee was located and what her name was. You just don't do that these days.

Now that I think about it, you're right. That was uncalled for. The fact that he feels entitled to personally attack someone and give their personal information away is pretty disturbing. emotion_donotwant

Dedicated Reveler

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
MemoriesOfGreen
Bunni Ravvit

If they handled it better there would have been no argument or disturbance. The employee should not have gone to confront him.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
KimberlyAriel07
Well he didn't need to put the whole name of the lady and her gate. But I think Southwest could have acted differently. It's just a Tweet. People complain on Twitter all the time about companies and employees.

I'm sorry, but I've yet to meet anyone with the last name "S."

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
What worries me is that for her to know this this she must of been checking her twitter account rather than doing her job.

Undead Enchantress

Alexander J Luthor
KimberlyAriel07

I'm sorry, but I've yet to meet anyone with the last name "S."
But how many Kimberlys works for SWA stationed at gate C39, though? Few dozen perhaps? More? Less?
I did know of a Mrs. S., but then, that's how we contracted the names of our teachers back in the day. And there is this lady. ninja

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Airlines have too much power over their passengers. What happened to the days when a stewardess' lines were supposed to be, "Have a nice flight" and "coffee, tea, or milk?"

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Makes me look forward to flying to visit my sister Via the plane. TSA pat downs, X-ray scans of people going Viral, Down Planes, Flight delayed, Flights cancled, People being asses, Babies banned from Flying because they share the same name as some freak on their black list, Scabbies and Lice on board. I'll go walking the plank. Sound less of a chore.

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
While this seems pretty big and horrible, I wouldn't be surprised that he'd be this mad after told that his children wouldn't be allowed to priority board and would have to fly economy or something with total strangers.
The Herald of War
MemoriesOfGreen
Bunni Ravvit

If they handled it better there would have been no argument or disturbance. The employee should not have gone to confront him.

Telling a customer 'no' is not argumentative and required in certain situations. I think we've got a situation of an asshat of a passenger who went off because he didn't get his a** kissed the first time he stuck out his lower lip.
And SWA knows damn good and well if they say too much they'll get whacked for some silly a** lawsuit that they just don't need.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff