Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pierced Miko

15,575 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Invisibility 100
Quote:
This report brought to you by the letter P, for pushing and for potty-mouth.

A man dressed as the Cookie Monster has been arrested after he allegedly shoved and swore at a two-year-old boy.

Osvaldo Quiroz-Lopez, who walks around New York's Times Square dressed as the Sesame Street character, faces child endangerment charges and one count of aggressive begging, reports the New York Daily News.

The 33-year-old allegedly became irate after he posed for a photo with the tot Sunday afternoon but did not receive a tip.

The boy's mother, Bollywood actress Parmita Kurada, told the paper Quiroz-Lopez became verbally abusive and pushed her son, who was not injured.

"You are a b***h, your son is a b*****d and your stuff is trash," Quiroz-Lopez said, according to court papers cited in the report.

He was released on bail Monday.

link

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Shaking my head... :/

Mega Noob

Cookie Monster has really been riding downhill the last few years.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Oh that's just sad.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Memes were already ruining my childhood. Now this has kinda ruined Cookie Monster for me. Thanks, life.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
So, this guy's full time thing is begging in Times Square dressed as the cookie monster?
In my town the odds of a freak in a cookie monster costume and a Bollywood actress crossing paths would be extremely small. Apparently in NYC it's not such a long shot.

"What are you in for?"
"I dressed up as the cookie monster and shoved little kids."

"Honey, how was your day?"
"Oh, you know, pretty typical. Some freak dressed up as the Cookie Monster shoved little Timmy and then we paid $20 for a happy meal. Thank God my good looks got me out of India so I can live the good life in the USA."

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
David2074
So, this guy's full time thing is begging in Times Square dressed as the cookie monster?
In my town the odds of a freak in a cookie monster costume and a Bollywood actress crossing paths would be extremely small. Apparently in NYC it's not such a long shot.

"What are you in for?"
"I dressed up as the cookie monster and shoved little kids."

"Honey, how was your day?"
"Oh, you know, pretty typical. Some freak dressed up as the Cookie Monster shoved little Timmy and then we paid $20 for a happy meal. Thank God my good looks got me out of India so I can live the good life in the USA."

In NY Times Square there are a ton of people in costumes who will take pictures with you for $$, similar to what costumed characters do on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in front of the Chinese Theater.

In Times Square there are always police around. so if anyone has problems there's always someone in uniform there to check it out. in fact i think there's some sort of police kiosk somewhere in the center of times square.

FYI if you ever go to these places and people ask you to listen to/buy their shitty music/CDs...don't show any interest. they will ask you for money and get aggressive about it.

Loyal Exhibitionist

Oh, sure, taking it out on an innocent kid because his mom didn't tip him. -_-;

I can understand him getting irate at the mom, but taking it out on a weak, defenseless child? That's just cruel.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Hmph what a jerk to take it out on the child for something their mother did. He shouldn’t of even been in that outfit to begin with unless he was associated with the sesame workshop who owns those characters.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Someone was doing this in an Elmo costume a while back. I wonder if it's the same guy?

Invisible Friend

4,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Why, Cookie Monster, why? emo

Friendly Friend

8,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Bollywood actress Parmita Kurada

Well HELLO Indian media!

Malevolent Phantom

10,450 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Champion 300
  • Mark Twain 100
spaztik princess
Why, Cookie Monster, why? emo

How else is he going to pay for cookies?
This makes me want to avoid Times Square if I ever visit NYC (highly doubt that though). The swearing and shoving was a little much for a two-year old. What would have happened if he hit his head on the cement? He'd probably have to get medical attention immediately. This guy could have been in more deep water if that happened. Goes to show no one has the brains to think anymore. :l

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
emotion_facepalm emotion_eyebrow

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers