• Signature Look 250
Really? Wow Cookie monster. Your a horrible influence to kids. talk2hand

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
The news story I saw said that a reporter asked questions about it to one of the partners (the Elmo character guy) who refused to answer question while on camera. Off camera he said the woman was a liar and that the guy (in the Cookie Monster suit) didn't do anything.

Meanwhile, the kid that was in the stroller said he was "done with Cookie Monster".
Bad cookie monster -_-

Mega Cutie-Pie

What a diiiiiiiiiiick.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

As tempting as it is to make a cookie joke,I'll just not say it.
Instead I'll say that the guy in the costume was a jackass.>>;

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Existential Existence
David2074
So, this guy's full time thing is begging in Times Square dressed as the cookie monster?
In my town the odds of a freak in a cookie monster costume and a Bollywood actress crossing paths would be extremely small. Apparently in NYC it's not such a long shot.

"What are you in for?"
"I dressed up as the cookie monster and shoved little kids."

"Honey, how was your day?"
"Oh, you know, pretty typical. Some freak dressed up as the Cookie Monster shoved little Timmy and then we paid $20 for a happy meal. Thank God my good looks got me out of India so I can live the good life in the USA."

In NY Times Square there are a ton of people in costumes who will take pictures with you for $$, similar to what costumed characters do on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in front of the Chinese Theater.

In Times Square there are always police around. so if anyone has problems there's always someone in uniform there to check it out. in fact i think there's some sort of police kiosk somewhere in the center of times square.

FYI if you ever go to these places and people ask you to listen to/buy their shitty music/CDs...don't show any interest. they will ask you for money and get aggressive about it.

Thanks for the info.
I'm guessing the copyright holders on those costumes are not getting any royalties.
What you said in that last paragraph sounds like a lot of third world countries I have been to. When you go to Mombasa, Kenya or Tiajuana, Mexico or Olongapo, PI or similar places if you give to the beggars or buy the chicklets or any of the little things for sale the venders are all over you. Or in Egypt near the pyramids there were always these guys riding up in front of your camera when you were trying to take a picture of the pyramids. "You take picture of me like this!" (then they would want you to give them a buck or two).
Kind of weird to think of that stuff in New York

Beloved Cutie-Pie

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas