Welcome to Gaia! ::

Profitable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Crazy or not, if this is true then at best it's Premeditated Murder and at worst, Malice of Forethought. Either way, this guy should get to sit in the electric chair a few times.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Dude it is Bob
Keltoi Samurai
Dude it is Bob
I get the point the article is trying to make, but this part was mind-boggingly bad:

Quote:
Concealed carry is much more frequent than many people believe. With over 4 percent of the adult population in Colorado having concealed handgun permits, a couple hundred adults in Cinemark’s movie theater #9 means that there is an extremely high probability that at least one adult would have a permit.

So, does anyone really think that would have solved anything in this situation? Remember this guy came in wearing a ballistics helmet, bulletproof vest, bulletproof leggings, gas mask and gloves. Oh and don't forget the smoke bombs he used. The last thing any person with concealed carry is going to do is fire into a panicked crowd against that. The threat of causing more injury is far too great.

actually, his vest was not bulletproof

Ok I stand corrected on that item. I just read a lot of the articles where people were calling it body armor, and given the rest of the defense was bulletproof I made an incorrect conclusion. Thanks for the correction.

and that means that, honestly, someone with a CCW could have made a difference, since his center-of-mass was the one thing he left completely unprotected ( incidentally, the part that all shooters train to aim for is the center-of-mass, because it's a large target, it has a lot of things to disrupt, and it can bleed a whole lot, real fast. all of this adds up to it being the single weakest point on an unarmored human being )
Keltoi Samurai
Dude it is Bob
Keltoi Samurai
Dude it is Bob
I get the point the article is trying to make, but this part was mind-boggingly bad:

Quote:
Concealed carry is much more frequent than many people believe. With over 4 percent of the adult population in Colorado having concealed handgun permits, a couple hundred adults in Cinemark’s movie theater #9 means that there is an extremely high probability that at least one adult would have a permit.

So, does anyone really think that would have solved anything in this situation? Remember this guy came in wearing a ballistics helmet, bulletproof vest, bulletproof leggings, gas mask and gloves. Oh and don't forget the smoke bombs he used. The last thing any person with concealed carry is going to do is fire into a panicked crowd against that. The threat of causing more injury is far too great.

Ok I stand corrected on that item. I just read a lot of the articles where people were calling it body armor, and given the rest of the defense was bulletproof I made an incorrect conclusion. Thanks for the correction.

and that means that, honestly, someone with a CCW could have made a difference, since his center-of-mass was the one thing he left completely unprotected ( incidentally, the part that all shooters train to aim for is the center-of-mass, because it's a large target, it has a lot of things to disrupt, and it can bleed a whole lot, real fast. all of this adds up to it being the single weakest point on an unarmored human being )

You still have a heavily armed opponent with the element of surprise as well as visual distractions, low lighting, and a crowded room of panicked people running in fear. You think the average CCW permit holder can deal with all that plus their own emotions and panic in check to take the clean shot? Do you think someone won't just accidentally get in the way? The odds that they injure or kill someone innocent is far greater than them taking out the gunman in this case.

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
bad-chop-suey
Aurora Colorado shooter may have chosen a smaller theater because of their gun policy.

Headline and disguised opinion from Fox "News" are totally misleading.

Not a single word in the article quotes the shooter or anybody connected with investigating the case. It's all speculation and agenda pushing.

Plus, this is not news. It's an OPINION. It says so right in the link to unfair and unbalanced Fox News:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/09/10/did-colorado-shooter-single-out-cinemark-theater/

Angelic Blob

After seeing that the "source" is "Fox News", I pretty much waved it aside. This is on par with 'if slaved owned guns they wouldn't be slaves' theory. I am waiting for an article that substitutes guns for light-sabers just to add to the absurdity.

Hygienic Gaian

Vampirate Kitsune
bad-chop-suey
Aurora Colorado shooter may have chosen a smaller theater because of their gun policy.

Headline and disguised opinion from Fox "News" are totally misleading.

Not a single word in the article quotes the shooter or anybody connected with investigating the case. It's all speculation and agenda pushing.

Plus, this is not news. It's an OPINION. It says so right in the link to unfair and unbalanced Fox News:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/09/10/did-colorado-shooter-single-out-cinemark-theater/

Would you have rather it had been posted by Huffington Post? Perhaps another liberal website??

Hygienic Gaian

Bunai
After seeing that the "source" is "Fox News", I pretty much waved it aside. This is on par with 'if slaved owned guns they wouldn't be slaves' theory. I am waiting for an article that substitutes guns for light-sabers just to add to the absurdity.

I am sorry that the writer did not accuse anyone of being racist, change history, or praise the U.N. in some ridiculous way. I will be more considerate with my sources for now on. Would you like to recommend a liberal website or perhaps a tv program??

Man-Hungry Elocutionist

12,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
bad-chop-suey
Sir Deranged Reindeer
In Australia no cinemas allow guns. Because why the hell would you need a gun at the movies?

But I can't help but notice there aren't mass shooting in Australian theatres...

So then you Australians have no murder?? No crime?? No suicide?? You people are amazing!! emotion_jawdrop

Yes, because 'less gun crime per capita' means no crime at all. rolleyes

But seriously, I think America has more gun crime because of cultural reasons, not because of the gun laws.

Hygienic Gaian

Sir Deranged Reindeer
bad-chop-suey
Sir Deranged Reindeer
In Australia no cinemas allow guns. Because why the hell would you need a gun at the movies?

But I can't help but notice there aren't mass shooting in Australian theatres...

So then you Australians have no murder?? No crime?? No suicide?? You people are amazing!! emotion_jawdrop

Yes, because 'less gun crime per capita' means no crime at all. rolleyes

But seriously, I think America has more gun crime because of cultural reasons, not because of the gun laws.

So nobody dies from murder, burglary and rape?!?! I should move there immediately!! I could live forever!! I have no idea why there is any police or military in Australia, there is no need for them since there is no war or crime!!

I am immune to my own sarcasm.

President James Madison once said, “A government that does not trust its law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.”

Fashionable Hunter

Keltoi Samurai
Dude it is Bob
Keltoi Samurai
Dude it is Bob

Quote:

You might be interested in this.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
kakteed
Keltoi Samurai
Dude it is Bob
Keltoi Samurai
Dude it is Bob

Quote:

I have plenty wild mass speculation of my own, I don't need a site that demands my Facebook credentials to supply me with more wild mass speculation.

now, if you have some facts, I might be interested.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Bunai

interestingly enough, "owning firearms" actually is one of the rights denied to slaves during that timeframe. and it was the freeing of the slaves what lead to the first discussions of gun control in the US.

I guess there's no connection between the two, though

O.G. Player

11,175 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
That's exactly what he did, I've been saying this for a while, and If someone in that theatre had been armed, could they have saved lives, it's a possibility, but would they have been a major deterrent? You're darn skippy. The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Fashionable Hunter

Keltoi Samurai
kakteed
Keltoi Samurai
Dude it is Bob
Keltoi Samurai

I have plenty wild mass speculation of my own, I don't need a site that demands my Facebook credentials to supply me with more wild mass speculation.

now, if you have some facts, I might be interested.

Mrr, I actually forgot that it wasn't open anymore.

Anyway. I'll get you those facts, as I assure you that most of the people on there have access to knowledge an average person wouldn't, or wouldn't seek out, when my IP address isn't being blocked by everything...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff